Skip to content

Do you realize we now have 4 potential super stars?

The Browns Board
31 20 1.4k 1
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Superstars?

    Uh, maybe just pump the breaks a little here

  • Landry is a really good football player.....and a really good 'team' guy, EXCEPT after he makes a good catch/play.  THEN, all of a sudden, he becomes an 'I' player....who's susceptible to getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.  He's GOTTA learn to keep himself under control.

    ---

    A non-superstar that seems to make a special play each game is Joe Schobert.  

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @orion said:

    Landry is a really good football player.....and a really good 'team' guy, EXCEPT after he makes a good catch/play.  THEN, all of a sudden, he becomes an 'I' player....who's susceptible to getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.  He's GOTTA learn to keep himself under control.

    ---

    A non-superstar that seems to make a special play each game is Joe Schobert.  

    I love me some Jarvis Landry.  His attitude is the exact thing we need in Cleveland.  That being said, I fear he's going to cost us soon with his "fire" and get a penalty.  He could've easily been called a few times this year, and they would have been damning.  I'm hoping he totes the line, but I do believe a penalty on him is coming.  

  • Superstars?

    Uh, maybe just pump the breaks a little here

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mld-woody said:

    Superstars?

    Uh, maybe just pump the breaks a little here

    OK  Judas.   Stand on your mountain top and cry out your warnings.  Too much Heaven on our minds?

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #19

    The defense is already a playoff caliber defense, and if Baker continues to impress, the Cleveland Browns will no longer be pushovers.

    I have a feeling there's going to be multiple Pro Bowlers on this team this year.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Joe Schobert is going to be one of those guys that quietly has a very good career. 

    He looks a hell of a lot like Gary Fencik (85 Bears) doesnt he?.. Only Fencik was a safety If I remember correctly..

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #20

    @nickers said:

    He looks a hell of a lot like Gary Fencik (85 Bears) doesnt he?.. Only Fencik was a safety If I remember correctly..

    Your memory is fine. He was theor FS and still hold the franchise record for career INTs.

    @mld-woody said:

    Superstars? Uh, maybe just pump the breaks a little here

    Agree... the potential is undeniable for Myles, Ward and a couple others, but oddly the only one with a history of excelling, Landry, gets dismissed.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Superstar is a subjective term I guess, we have three very nice potentials in Mayfield, Garrett, and Ward.

    Landry could be on a HOF path if he stays healthy and has productive longevity.

    Z

  • Superstar is a subjective term I guess, we have three very nice potentials in Mayfield, Garrett, and Ward.

    Landry could be on a HOF path if he stays healthy and has productive longevity.

    Z

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Zombo said:

    Superstar is a subjective term I guess, we have three very nice potentials in Mayfield, Garrett, and Ward.

    Landry could be on a HOF path if he stays healthy and has productive longevity.

    Z

    I would add one more that I think may blossom into what we all hope happens for the Browns, that long distance speed burner that opens up the short and intermediate game for Landry, Antonio Callaway. There is so much potential there to clearly replace the talent that was wasted by Josh Gordon. Let us hope that he continues to mature under the guidance of team leader and obvious professional example of Jarvis Landry.

  • S secondwave wrote on last edited by secondwave
    #23

    We'll see with Callaway. He does have that Joey Galloway breakaway speed, especially when he runs outside the numbers. I'm glad those Clowney-Garrett comparisons have stopped. Garrett is stronger, has more violent hands, and actually possesses a bull rush.

    I was a little skeptical with Ward, but man, the kid is a playmaker. The book on him coming out of college was his inabaility to take the jam during a WR release, but his hips are so unbelievably fluid, he could probably match Tyreek Hill step-for-step. Very excited.

    I love Juice, and his 40 was the only reason why he dropped so far in the draft. His 'football speed' was undeniable though, and his hands are every bit as good as Odell's. A notch below Larry Legend's.

    Obviously nothing is etched in stone and some guys may have better careers, but gut feeling:

    superstars - Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, Baker Mayfield, Juice.

    very good players - Joe Schobert, Christian Kirksey, Antonio Callaway.

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by SD_Tom
    #24

    Culture change is in effect. 

    Baker to Callaway deep is gonna be making highlight reels soon enough 

  • We'll see with Callaway. He does have that Joey Galloway breakaway speed, especially when he runs outside the numbers. I'm glad those Clowney-Garrett comparisons have stopped. Garrett is stronger, has more violent hands, and actually possesses a bull rush.

    I was a little skeptical with Ward, but man, the kid is a playmaker. The book on him coming out of college was his inabaility to take the jam during a WR release, but his hips are so unbelievably fluid, he could probably match Tyreek Hill step-for-step. Very excited.

    I love Juice, and his 40 was the only reason why he dropped so far in the draft. His 'football speed' was undeniable though, and his hands are every bit as good as Odell's. A notch below Larry Legend's.

    Obviously nothing is etched in stone and some guys may have better careers, but gut feeling:

    superstars - Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, Baker Mayfield, Juice.

    very good players - Joe Schobert, Christian Kirksey, Antonio Callaway.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @secondwave said:

    We'll see with Callaway. He does have that Joey Galloway breakaway speed, especially when he runs outside the numbers. I'm glad those Clowney-Garrett comparisons have stopped. Garrett is stronger, has more violent hands, and actually possesses a bull rush.

    I was a little skeptical with Ward, but man, the kid is a playmaker. The book on him coming out of college was his inabaility to take the jam during a WR release, but his hips are so unbelievably fluid, he could probably match Tyreek Hill step-for-step. Very excited.

    I love Juice, and his 40 was the only reason why he dropped so far in the draft. His 'football speed' was undeniable though, and his hands are every bit as good as Odell's. A notch below Larry Legend's.

    Obviously nothing is etched in stone and some guys may have better careers, but gut feeling:

    superstars - Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, Baker Mayfield, Juice.

    very good players - Joe Schobert, Christian Kirksey, Antonio Callaway.

    If Callaway stays clean, he may reach superstar status & the jury is out on Njoku who, I believe, will thrive with Baker as QB.

    Mike

  • @secondwave said:

    We'll see with Callaway. He does have that Joey Galloway breakaway speed, especially when he runs outside the numbers. I'm glad those Clowney-Garrett comparisons have stopped. Garrett is stronger, has more violent hands, and actually possesses a bull rush.

    I was a little skeptical with Ward, but man, the kid is a playmaker. The book on him coming out of college was his inabaility to take the jam during a WR release, but his hips are so unbelievably fluid, he could probably match Tyreek Hill step-for-step. Very excited.

    I love Juice, and his 40 was the only reason why he dropped so far in the draft. His 'football speed' was undeniable though, and his hands are every bit as good as Odell's. A notch below Larry Legend's.

    Obviously nothing is etched in stone and some guys may have better careers, but gut feeling:

    superstars - Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, Baker Mayfield, Juice.

    very good players - Joe Schobert, Christian Kirksey, Antonio Callaway.

    If Callaway stays clean, he may reach superstar status & the jury is out on Njoku who, I believe, will thrive with Baker as QB.

    Mike

    S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @canton-mike said:

    If Callaway stays clean, he may reach superstar status & the jury is out on Njoku who, I believe, will thrive with Baker as QB.

    Mike

    At this point it's all just projecting these guys' careers so early out, but my biggest concern with Njoku are 1. his hands and 2. he still doesn't know how to use his eyes. He's so physically gifted he should snagging these, i'm not sure if it's mental or if Tyrod didn't place them perfectly for him. But it's the dawn of a new era with Mayfield so we'll see.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Browns beat reporter Daryl Ruiter just tweeted. . .

    Baker Mayfield named Rookie for the Week today. Denzel Ward won in Week 1. Great sign for John Dorsey's top picks. #Browns⁠ ⁠ have had a multitude of first rounders over the years that weren't even considered for the award.

  • We'll see with Callaway. He does have that Joey Galloway breakaway speed, especially when he runs outside the numbers. I'm glad those Clowney-Garrett comparisons have stopped. Garrett is stronger, has more violent hands, and actually possesses a bull rush.

    I was a little skeptical with Ward, but man, the kid is a playmaker. The book on him coming out of college was his inabaility to take the jam during a WR release, but his hips are so unbelievably fluid, he could probably match Tyreek Hill step-for-step. Very excited.

    I love Juice, and his 40 was the only reason why he dropped so far in the draft. His 'football speed' was undeniable though, and his hands are every bit as good as Odell's. A notch below Larry Legend's.

    Obviously nothing is etched in stone and some guys may have better careers, but gut feeling:

    superstars - Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, Baker Mayfield, Juice.

    very good players - Joe Schobert, Christian Kirksey, Antonio Callaway.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @secondwave said:

    We'll see with Callaway. He does have that Joey Galloway breakaway speed, especially when he runs outside the numbers. I'm glad those Clowney-Garrett comparisons have stopped. Garrett is stronger, has more violent hands, and actually possesses a bull rush.

    I was a little skeptical with Ward, but man, the kid is a playmaker. The book on him coming out of college was his inabaility to take the jam during a WR release, but his hips are so unbelievably fluid, he could probably match Tyreek Hill step-for-step. Very excited.

    I love Juice, and his 40 was the only reason why he dropped so far in the draft. His 'football speed' was undeniable though, and his hands are every bit as good as Odell's. A notch below Larry Legend's.

    Obviously nothing is etched in stone and some guys may have better careers, but gut feeling:

    superstars - Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward, Baker Mayfield, Juice.

    very good players - Joe Schobert, Christian Kirksey, Antonio Callaway.

    Calloway or Galloway?

  • S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #29

    The bigger question should be, why the hell did the Chiefs let Dorsey go? Some notable selections :

    - Tyreek Hill

    - Pat Mahomes

    - Marcus Peters

    - Travis Kelce

    - Kareem Hunt

  • The bigger question should be, why the hell did the Chiefs let Dorsey go? Some notable selections :

    - Tyreek Hill

    - Pat Mahomes

    - Marcus Peters

    - Travis Kelce

    - Kareem Hunt

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #30

    On Njoku... I think he looks better reacting to Baker's "fast balls" than TT's... ummmm... "medium speed" throws. The ball low and behind him (IIRC correctly Baker's 2nd pass) he reacted to and went down and got it.

    Waiting on a ball tends to make receivers nervous... especially high, soft ones over the middle.

    @secondwave said:

    The bigger question should be, why the hell did the Chiefs let Dorsey go?

    Because he was a controlling a$$hole... did not communicate worth a flip.

    Hopefully he's better now...cause he certainly has an eye for talent.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Joe Schobert is going to be one of those guys that quietly has a very good career. 

    He looks a hell of a lot like Gary Fencik (85 Bears) doesnt he?.. Only Fencik was a safety If I remember correctly..

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @nickers said:

    He looks a hell of a lot like Gary Fencik (85 Bears) doesnt he?.. Only Fencik was a safety If I remember correctly..

    I see a diluted version of Luke Kuechly.  Not quite the same 1st step instinct; but seemingly the same weekly preparation that has him all over the place making tackles.  Now that we're not lining the Safeties up so deep all the time, he's been productive defending the pass within more reasonable zone coverage boundaries and transitions.Â