Peppers
-
He's playing less than 50% of the defensive snaps
-
critisized on random anon msg boards vs confronted on the street while getting some sht walgreens......pls let that sit fir a sec guys. Im as critical as anybidy at underperforming players....but i would never ever ever ever piss on a dude when he's on his own time. I wouldnt have done that to girdon and he's about the most irritated ive ever been at a player. We have to know the proper time and place for sht.
On sundays, the dude fuks up......let her rip, thats fair. On wednesdays when the dude wants some peace and quiet, just runnin to the store for the same sht we run to the store for.....cmon dudes, act like grown men. Not saying anybody here has done sht like that, but u seem to be fine with other dudes that have heckled these guys in public. Jabril peppers aint beat his woman or wore socks depictibg the decapitation of police officers. #perspective
-
"I love the Cleveland Browns; I love the city of Cleveland," Peppers said. "I love how passionate the fans are. Part of what I get is my fault. I'm not playing up to my potential and they see that as well so you can't fault people for feeling how they feel. You just go to take it with a grain of salt and do what you got to do to get better."
But he also said he has limits.
"When you walk up on another grown man, that's another kind of situation," he said.
Peppers said the fact he went to Michigan makes the situation worse given the rivalry between Ohio State and Michigan.
"Some people already feel the way about me because of my college choice," he said. "I've just got to play better and make the plays on the field to get them to like me. That's how it is in the NFL."
Some people already feel the way about me because of my college choice," he said. "I've just got to play better and make the plays on the field to get them to like me. That's how it is in the NFL."
Why not just say I have to make plays and play better. It has nothing to do with where he is from, or do browns fans hate okie state too cause they turned on justin Gilbert pretty quick. Oh that's why kizer was booed. Not his performance but where he went to school. If Denzel Ward started sucking this place would turn on him. Has nothing to do with where players went to school it has to do with making plays out on the field.
-
He was supposed to be this great kick returner. He is not
He was supposed to be this great defensive player. he is not
He was supposed to be an offensive weapon. He is not
He looks like just another 1st round bust
-
Some people already feel the way about me because of my college choice," he said. "I've just got to play better and make the plays on the field to get them to like me. That's how it is in the NFL."
Why not just say I have to make plays and play better. It has nothing to do with where he is from, or do browns fans hate okie state too cause they turned on justin Gilbert pretty quick. Oh that's why kizer was booed. Not his performance but where he went to school. If Denzel Ward started sucking this place would turn on him. Has nothing to do with where players went to school it has to do with making plays out on the field.
Why not just say I have to make plays and play better. It has nothing to do with where he is from, or do browns fans okie state too cause they turned on justin Gilbert pretty quick. Oh that's why kizer was booed. Not his performance but where he went to school. If Denzel Ward started sucking this place would turn on him. Has nothing to do with where players went to school it has to do with making plays out on the field.
Yep. The only way for a TEAM to improve is for each player to accept, correct, & improve HIS OWN deficiencies. Peppers stated "WE need to get better". True, but WE won't improve without individual players critiqueing & improving their own play. Baker put this last game on his own shoulders & I guarantee he will continue to improve & grow. Same with Landry saying he needed to crank up the jugs machine (to deal with Baker's velocity). THAT is what Browns players need to do.......commit to what they EACH can do individually to improve. That's how WE will grow as a Team.
Mike
-
the thing is that are secondary is lacking depth and quality at this point outside of ward and maybe randall and Peppers *still* is off the field more than he is on it.
When we do get more depth and better players he won' even be getting the snaps he is now.
He's not going to be someone who is getting important snaps when we are good.
-
critisized on random anon msg boards vs confronted on the street while getting some sht walgreens......pls let that sit fir a sec guys. Im as critical as anybidy at underperforming players....but i would never ever ever ever piss on a dude when he's on his own time. I wouldnt have done that to girdon and he's about the most irritated ive ever been at a player. We have to know the proper time and place for sht.
On sundays, the dude fuks up......let her rip, thats fair. On wednesdays when the dude wants some peace and quiet, just runnin to the store for the same sht we run to the store for.....cmon dudes, act like grown men. Not saying anybody here has done sht like that, but u seem to be fine with other dudes that have heckled these guys in public. Jabril peppers aint beat his woman or wore socks depictibg the decapitation of police officers. #perspective
critisized on random anon msg boards vs confronted on the street while getting some sht walgreens......pls let that sit fir a sec guys. Im as critical as anybidy at underperforming players....but i would never ever ever ever piss on a dude when he's on his own time. I wouldnt have done that to girdon and he's about the most irritated ive ever been at a player. We have to know the proper time and place for sht.
On sundays, the dude fuks up......let her rip, thats fair. On wednesdays when the dude wants some peace and quiet, just runnin to the store for the same sht we run to the store for.....cmon dudes, act like grown men. Not saying anybody here has done sht like that, but u seem to be fine with other dudes that have heckled these guys in public. Jabril peppers aint beat his woman or wore socks depictibg the decapitation of police officers. #perspective
honestly I think much of the fan base has just stopped caring because he is already having his role de-emphasized....
-
He's playing less than 50% of the defensive snaps
He's playing less than 50% of the defensive snaps
this
the dude didnt even record a single freaking tackle last game. Not even an assist.
-
The issue, or at least one of the issues, is that many fans were lead to believe that Peppers was 1) an 'ELITE' athlete - he is not 2) had the ability to play multiple positions at a high level - he cannot (to date). The first year being a wash in my eyes. That team didn't really endear any player to our fans.
But when you're a first round pick, especially a first round pick from UM, you had damn well better be worth the price the front office paid for you. Otherwise you're going to incur a world of Sheet for that price and that tag. Fair or not, that is the reality of the situation.
To me, being from UM has nothing to do with anything. When he puts on the Brown and Orange, he is a Brown.
It IS being a first round pick.
I think that Browns fans have been far less harsh on him than they have on the litany of other Browns first round busts.
He hasn't gotten the Brandon Weeden, Brady Quinn, JMZ treatment. Or the Mingo/Gilbert treatment. Or name any other past Browns first round bust.
Look at the shite that Njoku is taking here, and elsewhere for his dropsies. He is getting as much or more than Peppers.
So, you are absolutely right....it is the place he was picked that makes expectations on him high, and which makes disappointment also so high.
Being from UM means nothing......we always have liked us some Aaron Shea, Steve Everitt, Darden, Hoard...etc. etc.
Here are some words of advice for the kid:
Play good. Don't play bad. It makes all the difference.
To me, being from UM has nothing to do with anything. When he puts on the Brown and Orange, he is a Brown.
It IS being a first round pick.
I think that Browns fans have been far less harsh on him than they have on the litany of other Browns first round busts.
He hasn't gotten the Brandon Weeden, Brady Quinn, JMZ treatment. Or the Mingo/Gilbert treatment. Or name any other past Browns first round bust.
Look at the shite that Njoku is taking here, and elsewhere for his dropsies. He is getting as much or more than Peppers.
So, you are absolutely right....it is the place he was picked that makes expectations on him high, and which makes disappointment also so high.
Being from UM means nothing......we always have liked us some Aaron Shea, Steve Everitt, Darden, Hoard...etc. etc.
Here are some words of advice for the kid:
Play good. Don't play bad. It makes all the difference.
the problem with peppers is that he was taken as a safety....and not even the more important safety position....in the first freaking round.
First round corners sometimes miss. First round tackles sometimes miss. A first round 'run stopper'(lmao) strong safety? If you take that in the first round you better be
drafting someone who is a sure thing to be really good.
so he gets here and it's initially obvious that he is not special in any way.....he's slow as shite. He doesn't run anywhere near as fast in pads as he does in workout clothes apparently. We spent a first round pick on a guy who could be found as an udfa.
-
Peppers would have not been an udfa.
-
Peppers would have not been an udfa.
of course not...someone would have taken him in the late 2nd round or whatever and realized later on that they shouldnt have and been in the same position as us...except burnt a little less.
Nobody is going to give us a 3rd rounder for him now forexample.
right now we could definately find an udfa to give us what we expect from peppers going forward now......
-
the problem with peppers is that even under the best case scenario where he becomes this very good situational run stopping safety,.....iwould he still be worth a mid 20s pick?
-
I saw that yesterday and was wondering when it would get posted. Thank you for having that take on the article as opposed to bitching about Peppers for "complaining" or some nonsense.
He seems to know he needs to do better. The whole ST unit. And he thinks they'll all get there.
Harassing the guy in public is going overboard. Everything he said was 100% correct and this fanbase seems to turn on players really quickly. I'm also positive a lot of his encounters included a "Shmuck Michigan!" too. Maybe it's just a vocal minority.
Either way, I hope it all works out. Let's get more 3 safety sets on D now that Mitchell is out.
I saw that yesterday and was wondering when it would get posted. Thank you for having that take on the article as opposed to bitching about Peppers for "complaining" or some nonsense.
He seems to know he needs to do better. The whole ST unit. And he thinks they'll all get there.
Harassing the guy in public is going overboard. Everything he said was 100% correct and this fanbase seems to turn on players really quickly. I'm also positive a lot of his encounters included a "Shmuck Michigan!" too. Maybe it's just a vocal minority.
Either way, I hope it all works out. Let's get more 3 safety sets on D now that Mitchell is out.
Needing to know he "needs" to get "better" and actually being able to "get better" are two different things Woody. I played competitive tennis for many years- and dammit- I knew I needed to "get better" if I ever wanted to have the dream of playing professionally. But the Good Lord didn't put it in my body to ever get to that level, even if I practiced every waking hour to "get better". Just because you were a super stud in college guarantees you nothing when you get to the Pros. The list of Heisman winners and Hopefuls that flamed out in the NFL is as long as my arm.
But hey- if you're playing stinko, some guys are going to notice who you are (I have real bad celeb recognition, and I'd be clueless) and give you serious grief. I don't approve, but it goes with the territory when you're making millions for playing a game.
how very apologist of you. harassing players is never ok...harassing anyone isn't ok. it says more about how childish this fanbase is than anything else. the impression i get is every player must be elite on every play depite the fact there are also pros on the other side.
i used to come here to talk football...but this fanbase has largely turned into a bunch of whiny, pessimistic children who compete with each other as to whom can use the most hyperbole. its insufferable, pathetic, and not at all indicative of an intelligent and rational fanbase.
just because "fan" came from fanatic doesn't give everyone an excuse to act like a dipshit. players see these kinds of articles, then only consider coming to the land to collect a paycheck. you reap what you sow. so let those knee jerk, hyperbolic reactions flow....just reinforces the idea that this fanbase is one of the worst in pro sports. im glad to have grow up in pittsburgh, otherwise i'd have turned out like a normal browns fan.
We threw snowballs at Santa Claus, and cheered when Couch got hurt. We are now so over the top on 'Political Correctness", it about makes me want to puke.That said, this isn't exclusive of Cleveland, or Browns fans. I can't speak for other Fan Bases, but NY only loves you when you're a winner, and if you're a bum- you're going to hear it- even on the street.
The issue, or at least one of the issues, is that many fans were lead to believe that Peppers was 1) an 'ELITE' athlete - he is not 2) had the ability to play multiple positions at a high level - he cannot (to date). The first year being a wash in my eyes. That team didn't really endear any player to our fans.
But when you're a first round pick, especially a first round pick from UM, you had damn well better be worth the price the front office paid for you. Otherwise you're going to incur a world of Sheet for that price and that tag. Fair or not, that is the reality of the situation.
1) Not sure about that Taco. 2) Ditto.
Regarding UM, we loved Braylon when he had his pro bowl season, when he started dropping easy catches, not so mutch. Very little grief given to UM guy Leroy Hoard. Play up to your draft level Jabril. Having one great game doesn't make up for having ten crappy or mediocre ones. If you were a 5th round pick you wouldn't be getting any grief. Speaking of- how bout that 5th round pick Gerald Avery, whos getting a lot of love out performing his draft status? IMHO he's done more of his opportunity in 4 games than Peppers has in a year and 1.25.
PS Woodster. I may hate Michigan with a Purple Passion on the Collegiate level, but when their guys matriculate to the Pro level, it's a different ballgame. If you really want to know, my intense dislike of Brady has nothing to do with the fact he went to Michigan, my opinion would be unchanged if he had gone to USC or Santa Yenez Community College.
-
Good point hoorta.
Ask Leroy Hoard, Steve Everett or Thom Darden how they were treated as members of the Cleveland Browns.
-
I'm not saying that a Michigan player can't be liked by Browns fans. I'm not saying that, even if they're a pro bowler, they'll be hated. If they kick butt they'll be liked. I get that. But being a Michigan player very clearly adds to the build up that leads to threads like these and comments like we've seen. Made a bad play, eh, I'll let it go. Made a bad play and went to Michigan, I'm gonna start posting crap. Look through this board and other comment sections on articles, it's very clearly true.
I also can't believe we have some people on here basically defending the act of going up and harassing a player out in public at a CVS or something.
-
To me, being from UM has nothing to do with anything. When he puts on the Brown and Orange, he is a Brown.
It IS being a first round pick.
I think that Browns fans have been far less harsh on him than they have on the litany of other Browns first round busts.
He hasn't gotten the Brandon Weeden, Brady Quinn, JMZ treatment. Or the Mingo/Gilbert treatment. Or name any other past Browns first round bust.
Look at the shite that Njoku is taking here, and elsewhere for his dropsies. He is getting as much or more than Peppers.
So, you are absolutely right....it is the place he was picked that makes expectations on him high, and which makes disappointment also so high.
Being from UM means nothing......we always have liked us some Aaron Shea, Steve Everitt, Darden, Hoard...etc. etc.
Here are some words of advice for the kid:
Play good. Don't play bad. It makes all the difference.
the problem with peppers is that he was taken as a safety....and not even the more important safety position....in the first freaking round.
First round corners sometimes miss. First round tackles sometimes miss. A first round 'run stopper'(lmao) strong safety? If you take that in the first round you better be
drafting someone who is a sure thing to be really good.
so he gets here and it's initially obvious that he is not special in any way.....he's slow as shite. He doesn't run anywhere near as fast in pads as he does in workout clothes apparently. We spent a first round pick on a guy who could be found as an udfa.
the problem with peppers is that he was taken as a safety....and not even the more important safety position....in the first freaking round.
First round corners sometimes miss. First round tackles sometimes miss. A first round 'run stopper'(lmao) strong safety? If you take that in the first round you better be
drafting someone who is a sure thing to be really good.
so he gets here and it's initially obvious that he is not special in any way.....he's slow as shite. He doesn't run anywhere near as fast in pads as he does in workout clothes apparently. We spent a first round pick on a guy who could be found as an udfa.
You sure you're not confusing him with another player.... again
-
Some people already feel the way about me because of my college choice," he said. "I've just got to play better and make the plays on the field to get them to like me. That's how it is in the NFL."
Why not just say I have to make plays and play better. It has nothing to do with where he is from, or do browns fans hate okie state too cause they turned on justin Gilbert pretty quick. Oh that's why kizer was booed. Not his performance but where he went to school. If Denzel Ward started sucking this place would turn on him. Has nothing to do with where players went to school it has to do with making plays out on the field.
Why not just say I have to make plays and play better.
"I love the Cleveland Browns; I love the city of Cleveland," Peppers said. "I love how passionate the fans are. Part of what I get is my fault. I'm not playing up to my potential and they see that as well so you can't fault people for feeling how they feel. You just go to take it with a grain of salt and do what you got to do to get better."
like that?
-
Why not just say I have to make plays and play better.
"I love the Cleveland Browns; I love the city of Cleveland," Peppers said. "I love how passionate the fans are. Part of what I get is my fault. I'm not playing up to my potential and they see that as well so you can't fault people for feeling how they feel. You just go to take it with a grain of salt and do what you got to do to get better."
like that?
"I love the Cleveland Browns; I love the city of Cleveland," Peppers said. "I love how passionate the fans are. Part of what I get is my fault. I'm not playing up to my potential and they see that as well so you can't fault people for feeling how they feel. You just go to take it with a grain of salt and do what you got to do to get better."
like that?
Woody I will echo what some others have said. I am no fan of Michigan but once a Michigan player becomes a Brown he is "my guy" and I don't care about what college he went to. I think Peppers has potential and I would love nothing more to see that potential realized in Cleveland.
-
I'm not saying that a Michigan player can't be liked by Browns fans. I'm not saying that, even if they're a pro bowler, they'll be hated. If they kick butt they'll be liked. I get that. But being a Michigan player very clearly adds to the build up that leads to threads like these and comments like we've seen. Made a bad play, eh, I'll let it go. Made a bad play and went to Michigan, I'm gonna start posting crap. Look through this board and other comment sections on articles, it's very clearly true.
I also can't believe we have some people on here basically defending the act of going up and harassing a player out in public at a CVS or something.
I'm not saying that a Michigan player can't be liked by Browns fans. I'm not saying that, even if they're a pro bowler, they'll be hated. If they kick butt they'll be liked. I get that. But being a Michigan player very clearly adds to the build up that leads to threads like these and comments like we've seen. Made a bad play, eh, I'll let it go. Made a bad play and went to Michigan, I'm gonna start posting crap. Look through this board and other comment sections on articles, it's very clearly true.
I also can't believe we have some people on here basically defending the act of going up and harassing a player out in public at a CVS or something.
I think we have long threads like this because you defend Michigan.
I don't care where he went to college, I'm not an Ohio St. fan.
If he went to Arizona, there would still be thread saying "what's wrong with this first round pick?" and he'd probably still be whining about being harassed at CVS. But he wouldn't have as many defenders.
He was really fast as a linebacker in college. But he is not fast for an NFL Safety or punt returner. So he needs to show us something else (Playmaker/Fearsome hitter) and he hasn't yet.
Zombo
-
I'm not saying that a Michigan player can't be liked by Browns fans. I'm not saying that, even if they're a pro bowler, they'll be hated. If they kick butt they'll be liked. I get that. But being a Michigan player very clearly adds to the build up that leads to threads like these and comments like we've seen. Made a bad play, eh, I'll let it go. Made a bad play and went to Michigan, I'm gonna start posting crap. Look through this board and other comment sections on articles, it's very clearly true.
I also can't believe we have some people on here basically defending the act of going up and harassing a player out in public at a CVS or something.
I think we have long threads like this because you defend Michigan.
I don't care where he went to college, I'm not an Ohio St. fan.
If he went to Arizona, there would still be thread saying "what's wrong with this first round pick?" and he'd probably still be whining about being harassed at CVS. But he wouldn't have as many defenders.
He was really fast as a linebacker in college. But he is not fast for an NFL Safety or punt returner. So he needs to show us something else (Playmaker/Fearsome hitter) and he hasn't yet.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I think we have long threads like this because you defend Michigan.
I don't care where he went to college, I'm not an Ohio St. fan.
If he went to Arizona, there would still be thread saying "what's wrong with this first round pick?" and he'd probably still be whining about being harassed at CVS. But he wouldn't have as many defenders.
He was really fast as a linebacker in college. But he is not fast for an NFL Safety or punt returner. So he needs to show us something else (Playmaker/Fearsome hitter) and he hasn't yet.
Zombo
Yes, but if he was from Arizona I strongly doubt I'd go into the comment section or a thread and read "Shmuck Arizona!" a bunch.
I'm not the only one here to defend him. I also like how it's my fault for defending Michigan. Like I should just let any objectively false posts go. It is what it is I guess...
He ran a 4.46 at the combine. Good for 7th out of 21 compared to this year's combine. Only one was under a 4.40. I'm not sure where this slow narrative came from. Minkah ran the same speed. Derwin ran a 4.47.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login