Skip to content

Peppers

The Browns Board
284 44 6.4k 1
  • Our secondary played well. E.J. Gaines too. They wouldn't cave where other Browns defenses have.

    Zombo

  • @hoorta said:

    Who said it was OK?  

    He had an OK game- sort of what you might expect out of a first round pick. Now about that Denzel Ward feller.... 

    A handful of people did, unfortunately

    Again, I'll be interested in seeing the PFF grades

    @mld-woody said:

    A handful of people did, unfortunately

    Again, I'll be interested in seeing the PFF grades

    Woody- he had a nice game, couple big hits, and pass breakups. Ya see- it's very simple- we don't give a rat's a$$ that he went to Meechigan, just play like a first round pick. Today- he did. so don't get all orgasmic over it. He helped win the game big time, and I'm grateful.   

  • @d-bone said:

    Holy hell that kid can play! 

    And to think I wanted (the other ) Chubb. DROY. 

    @hoorta said:

    And to think I wanted (the other ) Chubb. DROY. 

    I don't watch much college ball, and don't spend even a second on 'scouting' the players, but I remember watching the NFL Network's red carpet pre-draft show, and Ward really struck me as a man among boys when he and his mom were interviewed. Instead of coming across like most of the others did as being some punk kid, he just came off as a real man and I was stoked when they called his name with the 4th pick. 

    I don't remember exactly what it was about him, but I just thought someone was going to get a hard working dude..... 

  • @hoorta said:

    And to think I wanted (the other ) Chubb. DROY. 

    I don't watch much college ball, and don't spend even a second on 'scouting' the players, but I remember watching the NFL Network's red carpet pre-draft show, and Ward really struck me as a man among boys when he and his mom were interviewed. Instead of coming across like most of the others did as being some punk kid, he just came off as a real man and I was stoked when they called his name with the 4th pick. 

    I don't remember exactly what it was about him, but I just thought someone was going to get a hard working dude..... 

    @d-bone said:

    I don't watch much college ball, and don't spend even a second on 'scouting' the players, but I remember watching the NFL Network's red carpet pre-draft show, and Ward really struck me as a man among boys when he and his mom were interviewed. Instead of coming across like most of the others did as being some punk kid, he just came off as a real man and I was stoked when they called his name with the 4th pick. 

    I don't remember exactly what it was about him, but I just thought someone was going to get a hard working dude..... 

    I can give you a little (semi) personal insight on Denzel. Not that his Dad died early, but besides that- went to HS in Nordonia. Brother in Law saw all his HS games. Of course super stud on that level. He's downplayed it so far, but I can freaking guarantee you every kid who grows up in Cleveland playing football dreams of playing for the Browns. 

  • @d-bone said:

    I don't watch much college ball, and don't spend even a second on 'scouting' the players, but I remember watching the NFL Network's red carpet pre-draft show, and Ward really struck me as a man among boys when he and his mom were interviewed. Instead of coming across like most of the others did as being some punk kid, he just came off as a real man and I was stoked when they called his name with the 4th pick. 

    I don't remember exactly what it was about him, but I just thought someone was going to get a hard working dude..... 

    I can give you a little (semi) personal insight on Denzel. Not that his Dad died early, but besides that- went to HS in Nordonia. Brother in Law saw all his HS games. Of course super stud on that level. He's downplayed it so far, but I can freaking guarantee you every kid who grows up in Cleveland playing football dreams of playing for the Browns. 

    @hoorta said:

    I can give you a little (semi) personal insight on Denzel. Not that his Dad died early, but besides that- went to HS in Nordonia. Brother in Law saw all his HS games. Of course super stud on that level. He's downplayed it so far, but I can freaking guarantee you every kid who grows up in Cleveland playing football dreams of playing for the Browns. 

    I thought he grew up in Macedonia

  • @hoorta said:

    I can give you a little (semi) personal insight on Denzel. Not that his Dad died early, but besides that- went to HS in Nordonia. Brother in Law saw all his HS games. Of course super stud on that level. He's downplayed it so far, but I can freaking guarantee you every kid who grows up in Cleveland playing football dreams of playing for the Browns. 

    I thought he grew up in Macedonia

    @bjh2130 said:

    I thought he grew up in Macedonia

    Northfield and Macedonia——Nordonia

  • Great for Peppers !

    and, will anybody who said we should have drafted Bradley Chubb admit that Ward is a bigtime star, too?

  • Peppers played with some urgency. If he plays every game like that then he will be loved in Cleveland.

  • @mld-woody said:

    A handful of people did, unfortunately

    Again, I'll be interested in seeing the PFF grades

    Woody- he had a nice game, couple big hits, and pass breakups. Ya see- it's very simple- we don't give a rat's a$$ that he went to Meechigan, just play like a first round pick. Today- he did. so don't get all orgasmic over it. He helped win the game big time, and I'm grateful.   

    @hoorta said:

    Woody- he had a nice game, couple big hits, and pass breakups. Ya see- it's very simple- we don't give a rat's a$$ that he went to Meechigan, just play like a first round pick. Today- he did. so don't get all orgasmic over it. He helped win the game big time, and I'm grateful.   

    I guess we're at the stage where I can't post abour him at all because I've been less positive than most posters on here post game. Lol.

  • Woody why don't you have peppers in a Browns jersey. 

  • Woody why don't you have peppers in a Browns jersey. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    Woody why don't you have peppers in a Browns jersey. 

    Oh Sheet, good point. I think when I originally did that there wasn't any pics to choose from. I'll get that changed.

    But then no one will know I'm a Michigan fan...... Hahaha

  • @bjh2130 said:

    I thought he grew up in Macedonia

    Northfield and Macedonia——Nordonia

    @the-gipper said:

    Northfield and Macedonia——Nordonia

    Got a condo made of stona

  • Peppers played very well today!

    I think he needed a confidence boost & his play today may have been exactly what he needed.

    Mike

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Woody why don't you have peppers in a Browns jersey. 

    Oh Sheet, good point. I think when I originally did that there wasn't any pics to choose from. I'll get that changed.

    But then no one will know I'm a Michigan fan...... Hahaha

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh Sheet, good point. I think when I originally did that there wasn't any pics to choose from. I'll get that changed.

    But then no one will know I'm a Michigan fan...... Hahaha

    For those of us that don't know you are a Michigan fan it will become very apparent to new posters after reading a couple of your posts defending peppers lol

  • @hoorta said:

    Woody- he had a nice game, couple big hits, and pass breakups. Ya see- it's very simple- we don't give a rat's a$$ that he went to Meechigan, just play like a first round pick. Today- he did. so don't get all orgasmic over it. He helped win the game big time, and I'm grateful.   

    I guess we're at the stage where I can't post abour him at all because I've been less positive than most posters on here post game. Lol.

    @mld-woody said:

    I guess we're at the stage where I can't post abour him at all because I've been less positive than most posters on here post game. Lol.

    Ok then STFU

  • @mld-woody said:

    Oh Sheet, good point. I think when I originally did that there wasn't any pics to choose from. I'll get that changed.

    But then no one will know I'm a Michigan fan...... Hahaha

    For those of us that don't know you are a Michigan fan it will become very apparent to new posters after reading a couple of your posts defending peppers lol

    @bjh2130 said:

    For those of us that don't know you are a Michigan fan it will become very apparent to new posters after reading a couple of your posts defending peppers lol

    Or they'll just think "Wow, that Woody guy really knows what he's talking about and makes a very sound, level headed point. This doesn't seem like an awful fanbase at all. I'll definitely stick around."

    Haha

  • Do7CYjsX0AAyJ4G?format=jpg

    I'm sorry. I realize I'm just annoying people on here now... but I've been known to drive a point into the ground.

  • Do7CYjsX0AAyJ4G?format=jpg

    I'm sorry. I realize I'm just annoying people on here now... but I've been known to drive a point into the ground.

    @mld-woody said:

    Do7CYjsX0AAyJ4G?format=jpg

    I'm sorry. 

    No reason to be. At least you know the fax.

  • Come on Gip. Let's all be friends. 

    KIF64NFLPFAEDDP7BWPKXSIBUU.jpg

  • Come on Gip. Let's all be friends. 

    KIF64NFLPFAEDDP7BWPKXSIBUU.jpg

    @mld-woody said:

    Come on Gip. Let's all be friends. 

    KIF64NFLPFAEDDP7BWPKXSIBUU.jpg

    that's such an amazing photo. I wonder how many of the stooge's here get it