Skip to content

Baker

The Browns Board
44 27 1.8k 1
  • Njoku couldn't catch a fish at an aquarium

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Njoku couldn't catch a fish at an aquarium

    Just give him a little more incentive. ?

    Dolphin Interactions

  • are drops a stat that gets tracked by.like pff or some sht? cause id be awful curious if theres another team anywhere in tbe league over the last decade or two that has as many drops as we do. Cause we can go back to like braylon fukking edwards with this sht.

    @clevfan4life said:

    are drops a stat that gets tracked by.like pff or some sht? cause id be awful curious if theres another team anywhere in tbe league over the last decade or two that has as many drops as we do. Cause we can go back to like braylon fukking edwards with this sht.

    PFF incorporates them into their grades.

    WaPo ( http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/index.asp ) has a good stat sections that includes Team drops. We have 10 as do MIN and PHI.

    Here are the Individual drop leaders YTD:

    Pass Dropped

    Rank Name Team Stats
    1t G. Allison GB 3
    1t M. Crabtree Bal 3
    1t Z. Ertz Phi 3
    1t D. Njoku Cle 3
    1t G. Tate Det 3
    1t A. Thielen Min 3
    1t D. Thomas Den 3
    1t L. Treadwell Min 3

    Njoku has some pretty good company.

    I ain't sweating it yet...

  • would be interesting to go back lime 10 or more years and tally up all the dropsies....see where the browns rank

  • @clevfan4life said:

    are drops a stat that gets tracked by.like pff or some sht? cause id be awful curious if theres another team anywhere in tbe league over the last decade or two that has as many drops as we do. Cause we can go back to like braylon fukking edwards with this sht.

    PFF incorporates them into their grades.

    WaPo ( http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/index.asp ) has a good stat sections that includes Team drops. We have 10 as do MIN and PHI.

    Here are the Individual drop leaders YTD:

    Pass Dropped

    Rank Name Team Stats
    1t G. Allison GB 3
    1t M. Crabtree Bal 3
    1t Z. Ertz Phi 3
    1t D. Njoku Cle 3
    1t G. Tate Det 3
    1t A. Thielen Min 3
    1t D. Thomas Den 3
    1t L. Treadwell Min 3

    Njoku has some pretty good company.

    I ain't sweating it yet...

    @tour2ma said:

    PFF incorporates them into their grades.

    WaPo ( http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/index.asp ) has a good stat sections that includes Team drops. We have 10 as do MIN and PHI.

    Here are the Individual drop leaders YTD:

    Pass Dropped

    Rank Name Team Stats
    1t G. Allison GB 3
    1t M. Crabtree Bal 3
    1t Z. Ertz Phi 3
    1t D. Njoku Cle 3
    1t G. Tate Det 3
    1t A. Thielen Min 3
    1t D. Thomas Den 3
    1t L. Treadwell Min 3

    Njoku has some pretty good company.

    I ain't sweating it yet...

    That's insane. Crabtree has the some of the best hands I've ever seen. The difference between Njoku and some of the others is that Njoku (to me) has far fewer targets. I mean, that one he dropped Sunday was probably...what...25 yards? More if the safety whiffs like he did earlier? 

    I read an article about how Baker throws a different ball. I could give two shiits. Catch the ball. No excuses. I can't get over starting the game off with 2 drops. And then Callaway slipping on that pick-6, which would've been an absolute strike. As it was, it clearly hit both of his hands. Would've been an amazing catch, but I'm ready for amazing. 

    Speaking of WRs, I think there's a VERY strong chance Dorsey makes a trade, or at least tries to make one before the deadline. When I watch our offense (with Baker), that seems to be the giant piece we're missing. That elite caliber WR who can consistently make the superb play. Obviously it really hurts because we just traded a guy like that, but nobody would EVER call Gordon reliable. But if Gordon stays on the straight and narrow with the Pats, I'll be really pissed because you KNOW they don't put up with crap. Gordon played just 18 snaps last game and only had 2 catches for around 32 yards. It stands to reason that he'll play more as he gains health and offensive understanding. We may get to watch what we could've had, and it wouldn't be good for us. What's one of the best things a team can have for their rookie QB? A stud WR. 

    Anyway, I fully expect us to make a move. Callaway has vast potential, but he's really wearing thin on my nerves, and we're not going to tolerate drops every game. We need a WR and need it badly. One thing I will say about Callaway is he gets open, and he gets open DEEP. Unfortunately, our QBs don't seem inclined to ever make the dang throw. At least give Callaway the CHANCE to drop it! I mean....catch it. Just read an article about Callaway receiving less snaps. It's tough because he definitely gets open, but he's really costing us with drops and he had a penalty, too. I'm surprised nobody is talking about the dropped 2 point conversion he had. That's quite literally the difference in the game. 

    I still want to be sure and praise Mayfield though. After the Jets game, we knew there'd be turnovers. He got away with a fumble and a should-be pick. He wasn't as lucky against Oakland, which is typical of playing on the road. BUT...most of his throws were beyond solid, even incredible at times. The pick-6 was awful luck on the slip, and then bad hands by Callaway. He continues to own the middle of the field, which is super tough for rookies. We start catching the ball, and we're going to be very tough. Of course, Baker won't be enjoying that kind of time in the pocket in most games, including this week versus the Ravens. How many sacks does T-Sizzle have against us? 457? Yeah....he better get that ball OUT this weekend if it's even going to be a close game, which I don't think it will be. I can already see Josh Brown streaking down the field. Hope I'm wrong. 

    In Baker we trust. 

  • @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Njoku couldn't catch a fish at an aquarium

    Just give him a little more incentive. ?

    Dolphin Interactions

    @texasag1969 said:

    Just give him a little more incentive. ?

    Dolphin Interactions

    That's not a fish.

  • Why did Gregg go into prevent mode... it prevents us from winning.. when are coaches gonna realize that prevent defenses were meant for closing out game.. It doesnt prevent you from losing the game..

    @nickers said:

    Why did Gregg go into prevent mode... it prevents us from winning.. when are coaches gonna realize that prevent defenses were meant for closing out game.. It doesnt prevent you from losing the game..

    NFLN had the replay of the Raiders game last night, and I watched the last two minutes of regulation. What struck me was on our punt (to my mind) there was a flagrant block in the back that always gets called. But not if you're the Browns. 

  • It definitely got missed.

  • @nickers said:

    Why did Gregg go into prevent mode... it prevents us from winning.. when are coaches gonna realize that prevent defenses were meant for closing out game.. It doesnt prevent you from losing the game..

    NFLN had the replay of the Raiders game last night, and I watched the last two minutes of regulation. What struck me was on our punt (to my mind) there was a flagrant block in the back that always gets called. But not if you're the Browns. 

    @hoorta said:

    NFLN had the replay of the Raiders game last night, and I watched the last two minutes of regulation. What struck me was on our punt (to my mind) there was a flagrant block in the back that always gets called. But not if you're the Browns. 

    Yeah , I caught that too.. You just hate to see The Refs dictate the outcomes of games.. But to me.. it just seemed like there was something fishy going on...

  • i would welcome dez at this point. Ki d of irritated now we didnt get dez presumably cause gordo was on his way back. 

  • i would welcome dez at this point. Ki d of irritated now we didnt get dez presumably cause gordo was on his way back. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    i would welcome dez at this point. Kind of irritated now we didnt get dez presumably cause gordo was on his way back. 

    He had his opportunity- and wanted more than what we were offering. Sort of the same reason Le'veon Bell is cooling his heels in Miami. What would be his place on the Browns anyway? Crying he's not getting enough balls thrown his way- because Baker is finding the guy who's open? 

    Look at it this way- when we sent Josh packing, we signed a no-name guy (Streater). Think the Browns didn't seriously consider making an offer to Dez instead, and passed?  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Just give him a little more incentive. ?

    Dolphin Interactions

    That's not a fish.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    That's not a fish.

    But it is an aquarium.?

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    That's not a fish.

    But it is an aquarium.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    But it is an aquarium.?

    This is the dawning of the age of aquarium.

  • It definitely got missed.

    @mark-o said:

    It definitely got missed.

    I fully admit that penalties get missed, nobody is perfect. The problem I'm having is that these block in the back and punt return holding penalties NEVER seem to get missed in our side. I mean, it literally seems like more than half our returns have a flag against us. And the block in the back just seemed so obvious, I was completely irate. After the insane spot reversal, there was the block in the back, and I went to a dark place. I started screaming the game was fixed, and basically went nuts. My wife said, "Baby, you're still up 8 points! It's OK!" I told her she didn't understand, and that the game was already over. 

    The NFL has a problem on their hands. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but if you look back just a couple years, you find some calls and situations that are difficult to explain. 

  • Njoku couldn't catch a fish at an aquarium

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Njoku couldn't catch a fish at an aquarium

    I beg to differ ?

  • How come nobody talking about that roughing the passer at the end?

    That was the worst one I've seen all year.

    And that play to Willies had all the things we drafted Baker for!

  • O Ous

    How come nobody talking about that roughing the passer at the end?

    That was the worst one I've seen all year.

    And that play to Willies had all the things we drafted Baker for!

    @ous said:

    How come nobody talking about that roughing the passer at the end?

    That was the worst one I've seen all year.

    And that play to Willies had all the things we drafted Baker for!

    Baker to Willies, get used to it, it'll become a household name.

  • O Ous

    How come nobody talking about that roughing the passer at the end?

    That was the worst one I've seen all year.

    And that play to Willies had all the things we drafted Baker for!

    @ous said:

    How come nobody talking about that roughing the passer at the end?

    That was the worst one I've seen all year.

    And that play to Willies had all the things we drafted Baker for!

    The defender went in below the knees 

  • @ous said:

    How come nobody talking about that roughing the passer at the end?

    That was the worst one I've seen all year.

    And that play to Willies had all the things we drafted Baker for!

    The defender went in below the knees 

    @7moses7 said:

    The defender went in below the knees 

    Agreed, I saw the same. It wasn't because of the impact, it was because where it was headed to. 

  • Willies showed up and MADE PLAYS. 

  • @ous said:

    How come nobody talking about that roughing the passer at the end?

    That was the worst one I've seen all year.

    And that play to Willies had all the things we drafted Baker for!

    The defender went in below the knees 

    @7moses7 said:

    The defender went in below the knees 

    He did?

    I thought I saw him take Baker down upright.

    Guess not.