cowboys vs texans....who watched that?
-
If Bosa is out most of the rest of this year, there may be some question on whether or not he even comes out.
If anything I would think it forces his hand to come out and not risk reinjury before getting paid. But then again, his bro has the $$ side down, so he could afford to go back
If anything I would think it forces his hand to come out and not risk reinjury before getting paid. But then again, his bro has the $$ side down, so he could afford to go back
Well, yes, there is that. But if he cares about his draft positioning, being out hurt most of this year could/should surely affect that a lot.
Shouldn't it?
-
make no mistake Bosa's coming out. I hate to say it cause im an OSU honk...but Haskins is cringy. PSU exposed him and now the book is out. He utterly yelps and shts himself clean when he see's a proper blitz. I'd love to see them put him back under center and develop some PA to mitigate the blitzes he will see nonstop till the end of the season, but this is urban meyer so that ain't happenin. So how that relates to Bosa is I think he knows that no matter how good that D is...and it is "very" good...the offense will stutter when it sees the good playoff D's.
make no mistake Bosa's coming out. I hate to say it cause im an OSU honk...but Haskins is cringy. PSU exposed him and now the book is out. He utterly yelps and shts himself clean when he see's a proper blitz. I'd love to see them put him back under center and develop some PA to mitigate the blitzes he will see nonstop till the end of the season, but this is urban meyer so that ain't happenin. So how that relates to Bosa is I think he knows that no matter how good that D is...and it is "very" good...the offense will stutter when it sees the good playoff D's.
What you are saying is that Haskins is young and still learning, including learning how to handle blitzes and pressure. Yes, he, like all young QBs has to learn that. And he is perfectly capable of doing so. He is only a redshirt soph. Which actually makes him eligible to come out this next year. He should certainly not do that. He does have a lot to learn. But he will be a major hot NfL prospect when he does come out.
-
There’s a fine line between being brave and stupid and last night Deshaun Watson seemed to cross it on every series
He’s going to get injured and miss games every year the way he continues to play
There’s a fine line between being brave and stupid and last night Deshaun Watson seemed to cross it on every series
He’s going to get injured and miss games every year the way he continues to play
Yup...
The announcers were making comparisons to Cam Newton last nite. Watson ain't built to play like Cam. Not even Cam was built to play like he used to play.
-
I def think we're gonna be out of the Nick Bosa sweepstakes...cause that dude is going top 3 no question, maybe even 1. But this draft is going to be the deepest DL/DE draft in years from what I've read. And plenty of teams still need QB's so the guy I described might still be there in the mid round which is where I predict we'll end up drafting. But i'm also not adverse to finding that guy in FA or in a trade. Ogbah is looking better to me, but he's still not big/strong enough to tear through people. Yesterday Flacco had a lily white clean pocket to step up into. That means our interior guys weren't getting enough push to force flacco into the edges rush lanes. And our edges were going too wide most of the game. Now I know Blt has a good O line, but are they Cowboys good? See that tells me our front 4 is still missing a piece. Ogunjobi and Garrett are world beaters....they need one more guy on the other side.
If Bosa is out most of the rest of this year, there may be some question on whether or not he even comes out.
If Bosa is out most of the rest of this year, there may be some question on whether or not he even comes out.
Comes out of where? The locker room?
Even with injury he's still projected top 5. That boy gone.
-
u guys know how muvh garrett and bake made in just the signing bonus? no way nick passes up in 10's of millions just on signing bonus. He gets injured and thas gone. The dropoff from the top picks to the middle to late 1st round is precipitous
-
There’s a fine line between being brave and stupid and last night Deshaun Watson seemed to cross it on every series
He’s going to get injured and miss games every year the way he continues to play
Yup...
The announcers were making comparisons to Cam Newton last nite. Watson ain't built to play like Cam. Not even Cam was built to play like he used to play.
-
do you now? tell me...i'll start watching his tape now. I got a hunch I know who he plays for.....?
some guy named Rashan Gary, that's a DT/SDE type hybrid, is listed at 287, and might be dropping due to a nagging shoulder injury.
some guy named Rashan Gary, that's a DT/SDE type hybrid, is listed at 287, and might be dropping due to a nagging shoulder injury.
so i watched his highlights vs notre dame.....not overly impressed as of right now. He has some pad level issues. And i dont see the dynamic power rush moves i see from a guy like bosa. The guy who's highlights i came across again researching gary, was Hurst. Ouch....we missed on that one. We took some guy (DE) from Fl in the 3rd round that i dont even remember his name coming up in TC. Hurst goes 2 rounds later at 140. Ah well.
Hurst is more toward that LDE type i like. He's a little short at 6'1 but fuk it, if u can take the RT and push him straight back ur limiting the step up and if the qb spills out to the right myles is gonna be in hot pursuit.
-
Better you bring up Mo than me.
I also have a guy in mind for that DT/SDE role that may be available around when we pick...
do you now? tell me...i'll start watching his tape now. I got a hunch I know who he plays for.....?
do you now? tell me...i'll start watching his tape now. I got a hunch I know who he plays for.....?
Your hunch was right ?
-
do you now? tell me...i'll start watching his tape now. I got a hunch I know who he plays for.....?
Your hunch was right ?
Your hunch was right ?
I could of also said "all of the guys from Clemson" lol. I'm just most knowledgeable about our guys right now
-
Your hunch was right ?
I could of also said "all of the guys from Clemson" lol. I'm just most knowledgeable about our guys right now
I could of also said "all of the guys from Clemson" lol. I'm just most knowledgeable about our guys right now
I'd take Houston's Ed Oliver too.... Aaron Donald Part II...
-
If Bosa is out most of the rest of this year, there may be some question on whether or not he even comes out.
Comes out of where? The locker room?
Even with injury he's still projected top 5. That boy gone.
Comes out of where? The locker room?
Even with injury he's still projected top 5. That boy gone.
Its funny, but five years from now I'm barely going to remember that Nick Bosa played for Ohio State.
Seems like he just played his first game with the Buckeyes, and as much pub as he gets, his brother just seemed far more "memorable" as a Buckeye.
-
If anything I would think it forces his hand to come out and not risk reinjury before getting paid. But then again, his bro has the $$ side down, so he could afford to go back
Well, yes, there is that. But if he cares about his draft positioning, being out hurt most of this year could/should surely affect that a lot.
Shouldn't it?
Well, yes, there is that. But if he cares about his draft positioning, being out hurt most of this year could/should surely affect that a lot.
Shouldn't it?
Not if scouts are set in where they think he'll be. They're confident in his skills, potential and the film they have on him. Plus his bro helps.
Going back to school and getting hurt again could be a big blow though. I think the money is less of a deal because Joey is already loaded.
He has to weight the pros and cons
- Come back to school, try to win it all, earn a degree (if he won't get one otherwise), immortalize yourself at OSU
- Go pro, don't risk injury, get paid, live more "freely"
-
Comes out of where? The locker room?
Even with injury he's still projected top 5. That boy gone.
Its funny, but five years from now I'm barely going to remember that Nick Bosa played for Ohio State.
Seems like he just played his first game with the Buckeyes, and as much pub as he gets, his brother just seemed far more "memorable" as a Buckeye.
Its funny, but five years from now I'm barely going to remember that Nick Bosa played for Ohio State.
Seems like he just played his first game with the Buckeyes, and as much pub as he gets, his brother just seemed far more "memorable" as a Buckeye.
and that last part may play a major part in his decision to return, if he returns
-
I could of also said "all of the guys from Clemson" lol. I'm just most knowledgeable about our guys right now
I'd take Houston's Ed Oliver too.... Aaron Donald Part II...
I'd take Houston's Ed Oliver too.... Aaron Donald Part II...
Oh right, how could I forgot.
Though we'll (hopefully) be picking after that.
I'd take Oliver before any other DL for what we're looking for actually.
-
I'd take Houston's Ed Oliver too.... Aaron Donald Part II...
Oh right, how could I forgot.
Though we'll (hopefully) be picking after that.
I'd take Oliver before any other DL for what we're looking for actually.
Oh right, how could I forgot.
Though we'll (hopefully) be picking after that.
I'd take Oliver before any other DL for what we're looking for actually.
Man, the idea of Ogunjobi and Oliver next to each other, with Garrett on the outside is scary.
But I can't see the Browns ending up anywhere near Ed Oliver territory in this draft.
-
Its funny, but five years from now I'm barely going to remember that Nick Bosa played for Ohio State.
Seems like he just played his first game with the Buckeyes, and as much pub as he gets, his brother just seemed far more "memorable" as a Buckeye.
and that last part may play a major part in his decision to return, if he returns
and that last part may play a major part in his decision to return, if he returns
I'd be shocked if he comes back. He seems the type that would have left after his freshman year if he could have.
-
some guy named Rashan Gary, that's a DT/SDE type hybrid, is listed at 287, and might be dropping due to a nagging shoulder injury.
so i watched his highlights vs notre dame.....not overly impressed as of right now. He has some pad level issues. And i dont see the dynamic power rush moves i see from a guy like bosa. The guy who's highlights i came across again researching gary, was Hurst. Ouch....we missed on that one. We took some guy (DE) from Fl in the 3rd round that i dont even remember his name coming up in TC. Hurst goes 2 rounds later at 140. Ah well.
Hurst is more toward that LDE type i like. He's a little short at 6'1 but fuk it, if u can take the RT and push him straight back ur limiting the step up and if the qb spills out to the right myles is gonna be in hot pursuit.
so i watched his highlights vs notre dame.....not overly impressed as of right now. He has some pad level issues. And i dont see the dynamic power rush moves i see from a guy like bosa. The guy who's highlights i came across again researching gary, was Hurst. Ouch....we missed on that one. We took some guy (DE) from Fl in the 3rd round that i dont even remember his name coming up in TC. Hurst goes 2 rounds later at 140. Ah well.
Hurst is more toward that LDE type i like. He's a little short at 6'1 but fuk it, if u can take the RT and push him straight back ur limiting the step up and if the qb spills out to the right myles is gonna be in hot pursuit.
Mo played a lot of 3 tech or further inside at Michigan and killed it there. That whole heart issue freaked people out too much. He was a bargain way before the 5th. He's not going to be going up against a tackle much though.
I am not going to pretend Gary has been near as productive as Mo. The only things I'll offer in defense of him is his nagging AC joint injury in his shoulder, that first appeared last year, and kept him out of the last game and a half. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays through it the rest of the year and then gets surgery in the offseason. He's also been dealing with the SCAR Clowney treatment, getting double and triple teamed on plays because our interior pass rush isn't very good (man I miss Mo...)
He'll be big enough to kick inside though. He's also going to kill it at the combine. I mean, I think a lot of DL in this class are going to kill it at the combine, but Gary, based on he numbers we have for him now (that already beat out guys at the combine), is going to go off.
-
Oh right, how could I forgot.
Though we'll (hopefully) be picking after that.
I'd take Oliver before any other DL for what we're looking for actually.
Man, the idea of Ogunjobi and Oliver next to each other, with Garrett on the outside is scary.
But I can't see the Browns ending up anywhere near Ed Oliver territory in this draft.
Man, the idea of Ogunjobi and Oliver next to each other, with Garrett on the outside is scary.
But I can't see the Browns ending up anywhere near Ed Oliver territory in this draft.
Our DL would terrorize the NFL for years to come... holy Sheet. Maybe we just trade up for him and go all in?
-
Man, the idea of Ogunjobi and Oliver next to each other, with Garrett on the outside is scary.
But I can't see the Browns ending up anywhere near Ed Oliver territory in this draft.
Our DL would terrorize the NFL for years to come... holy Sheet. Maybe we just trade up for him and go all in?
Our DL would terrorize the NFL for years to come... holy Sheet. Maybe we just trade up for him and go all in?
I'd have to see how the Draft shook out. From the sounds of it the Browns could just sit wherever they land and a really good DLineman will fall to them.
-
just watched tape of oliver.....holy sheet. Houston uses him primarily as a DT cause #collegegame. He's the prototype 5T/SDE. Ic more wstt than sapp in that guy. Thats my pick if he's there or we can trade up. Bosa cost too much fir a trade up....but maybe we can land him. Fuk his speed is unreal.....his stats have been nerfed playing on the inside...promise. That dude will be fire coming off inbetween guard/tackle or outside tackle
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login