Skip to content

The official Terry Pluto thread

The Browns Board
1.1k 45 53.9k 1
  • Maybe Ryan Reynolds and that dude from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia can buy the Browns. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe Ryan Reynolds and that dude from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia can buy the Browns. 

    I was thinking the Schottensteins... They have the $$ to make it happen

  • @browns149 said:

    The thing that has impacted the present AND the future is our dipshit owner trading numerous picks for a guy who most likely wasn’t going to play this year

    We all knew he would be out for an extended period of time.  So, they knew it too.  Therefore, this trade was not made with this year in mind.  We were always going to have to get through this season. 

    @orion said:

    We all knew he would be out for an extended period of time.  So, they knew it too.  Therefore, this trade was not made with this year in mind.  We were always going to have to get through this season

    This. This is what we have to remember. This is what I'm hoping keeps our coach. I want everyone to think about our offense with Watson. That seems like almost impossible to stop, and next year we're GOING to have a legit deep threat. We just have to keep it together until then. Please Jimmy, don't fire the coach. Everyone else can piss off, but not our coach. We've almost got it set up perfectly on offense. This season was doomed when the suspension went to 11 games and we didn't go after Garoppolo. 

  • @orion said:

    We all knew he would be out for an extended period of time.  So, they knew it too.  Therefore, this trade was not made with this year in mind.  We were always going to have to get through this season

    This. This is what we have to remember. This is what I'm hoping keeps our coach. I want everyone to think about our offense with Watson. That seems like almost impossible to stop, and next year we're GOING to have a legit deep threat. We just have to keep it together until then. Please Jimmy, don't fire the coach. Everyone else can piss off, but not our coach. We've almost got it set up perfectly on offense. This season was doomed when the suspension went to 11 games and we didn't go after Garoppolo. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This. This is what we have to remember. This is what I'm hoping keeps our coach. I want everyone to think about our offense with Watson. That seems like almost impossible to stop, and next year we're GOING to have a legit deep threat. We just have to keep it together until then. Please Jimmy, don't fire the coach. Everyone else can piss off, but not our coach. We've almost got it set up perfectly on offense. This season was doomed when the suspension went to 11 games and we didn't go after Garoppolo. 

    Imagine having clinched the division with Jimmy G by the time Watson serves his suspension. 

    Or better still just for the baker haters upgrading the position without breaking the bank and making a deal for a a quarterback who wasn't a scumbag? If the surrounding cast was as flawless as some of the suckers thought preseason how would Russell Wilson look today? Or Jimmy Garoppolo with a three-year deal?

    WSS

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This. This is what we have to remember. This is what I'm hoping keeps our coach. I want everyone to think about our offense with Watson. That seems like almost impossible to stop, and next year we're GOING to have a legit deep threat. We just have to keep it together until then. Please Jimmy, don't fire the coach. Everyone else can piss off, but not our coach. We've almost got it set up perfectly on offense. This season was doomed when the suspension went to 11 games and we didn't go after Garoppolo. 

    Imagine having clinched the division with Jimmy G by the time Watson serves his suspension. 

    Or better still just for the baker haters upgrading the position without breaking the bank and making a deal for a a quarterback who wasn't a scumbag? If the surrounding cast was as flawless as some of the suckers thought preseason how would Russell Wilson look today? Or Jimmy Garoppolo with a three-year deal?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Imagine having clinched the division with Jimmy G by the time Watson serves his suspension. 

    Or better still just for the baker haters upgrading the position without breaking the bank and making a deal for a a quarterback who wasn't a scumbag? If the surrounding cast was as flawless as some of the suckers thought preseason how would Russell Wilson look today? Or Jimmy Garoppolo with a three-year deal?

    WSS

    Honestly, a one year deal with Garoppolo would have been enough I think. Even if we signed him to multi year deal and traded him to a QB starved team next year. I just didn't understand why we didn't do it. It felt like we gave up on the season. 

    To be TOTALLY fair, nobody in or outside the organization had ANY clue our defense would be THIS atrocious. Think about it. We actually believed our defense would be top ten or better, and with that logic, we would literally be 4-2 or at worst 3-3. Heck, everyone thought we'd be winning 19-16 games, and our offense hasn't been the issue! The main difference Garoppolo would bring would be hitting the explosive plays and finishing games. Brissett simply cannot score with the intermediate to long ball, and he totally crumbles at the end of games. 

  • Jimmy G would have fixed the defense and special teams?

    This offense is scoring about 25 points a game. 

  • Jimmy G would have fixed the defense and special teams?

    This offense is scoring about 25 points a game. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Jimmy G would have fixed the defense and special teams?

    This offense is scoring about 25 points a game. 

    No, of course not. That's why I believe he'd be able to hit some of the many missed explosive passes and I don't believe he'd crumble at the end of games and throw an interception during every potential game winning drive. For example, I think JG hits Njoku in STRIDE last week for a deep td. Plays like that. I think he sees Schwartz EASILY and hits him. Of course there's absolutely no way to know any of this, it's simply how I feel. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Jimmy G would have fixed the defense and special teams?

    This offense is scoring about 25 points a game. 

    No, of course not. That's why I believe he'd be able to hit some of the many missed explosive passes and I don't believe he'd crumble at the end of games and throw an interception during every potential game winning drive. For example, I think JG hits Njoku in STRIDE last week for a deep td. Plays like that. I think he sees Schwartz EASILY and hits him. Of course there's absolutely no way to know any of this, it's simply how I feel. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    No, of course not. That's why I believe he'd be able to hit some of the many missed explosive passes and I don't believe he'd crumble at the end of games and throw an interception during every potential game winning drive. For example, I think JG hits Njoku in STRIDE last week for a deep td. Plays like that. I think he sees Schwartz EASILY and hits him. Of course there's absolutely no way to know any of this, it's simply how I feel. 

    Maybe, perhaps.

    But there's a reason the 49ers were planning on moving from him too. (But he is an improvement over Brissett)

    But the reason the Browns aren't 4-2 or better is the defense and special teams are playing poorly. If they were playing at the level they played at down the stretch last season, this wouldn't even be a discussion. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    No, of course not. That's why I believe he'd be able to hit some of the many missed explosive passes and I don't believe he'd crumble at the end of games and throw an interception during every potential game winning drive. For example, I think JG hits Njoku in STRIDE last week for a deep td. Plays like that. I think he sees Schwartz EASILY and hits him. Of course there's absolutely no way to know any of this, it's simply how I feel. 

    Maybe, perhaps.

    But there's a reason the 49ers were planning on moving from him too. (But he is an improvement over Brissett)

    But the reason the Browns aren't 4-2 or better is the defense and special teams are playing poorly. If they were playing at the level they played at down the stretch last season, this wouldn't even be a discussion. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe, perhaps.

    But there's a reason the 49ers were planning on moving from him too. (But he is an improvement over Brissett)

    But the reason the Browns aren't 4-2 or better is the defense and special teams are playing poorly. If they were playing at the level they played at down the stretch last season, this wouldn't even be a discussion. 

    To your first point that's true and there's a reason that they decided not to. And if Mayfield was the only problem and you guys say Brissett is an upgrade and that Jimmy G is an upgrade over Brissette we should be on our way to the playoffs and Beyond. And looking forward to turning the team into a dynasty with the extra money we saved and the three first Rod picks we burned.

    But at this point, after the damage has been done, if anybody has got the Rose Colored Glasses anticipating the return of the mighty mighty Watson...

    And this is a little bit off the subject but I'm just about tired of hearing the coach accept responsibility for the failures.

    WSS

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe, perhaps.

    But there's a reason the 49ers were planning on moving from him too. (But he is an improvement over Brissett)

    But the reason the Browns aren't 4-2 or better is the defense and special teams are playing poorly. If they were playing at the level they played at down the stretch last season, this wouldn't even be a discussion. 

    To your first point that's true and there's a reason that they decided not to. And if Mayfield was the only problem and you guys say Brissett is an upgrade and that Jimmy G is an upgrade over Brissette we should be on our way to the playoffs and Beyond. And looking forward to turning the team into a dynasty with the extra money we saved and the three first Rod picks we burned.

    But at this point, after the damage has been done, if anybody has got the Rose Colored Glasses anticipating the return of the mighty mighty Watson...

    And this is a little bit off the subject but I'm just about tired of hearing the coach accept responsibility for the failures.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    To your first point that's true and there's a reason that they decided not to. And if Mayfield was the only problem and you guys say reset is an upgrade and that Jimmy G is an upgrade over Brissette...

    But at this point, after the damage has been done, if anybody has got the Rose Colored Glasses anticipating the return of the mighty mighty Watson...

    And this is a little bit off the subject but I'm just about tired of hearing the coach accept responsibility for the failures.

    WSS

    Didn’t Hue keep saying “I have to look at the tape”?

    And that got his dumb head firefd

  • @westside-steve said:

    Imagine having clinched the division with Jimmy G by the time Watson serves his suspension. 

    Or better still just for the baker haters upgrading the position without breaking the bank and making a deal for a a quarterback who wasn't a scumbag? If the surrounding cast was as flawless as some of the suckers thought preseason how would Russell Wilson look today? Or Jimmy Garoppolo with a three-year deal?

    WSS

    Honestly, a one year deal with Garoppolo would have been enough I think. Even if we signed him to multi year deal and traded him to a QB starved team next year. I just didn't understand why we didn't do it. It felt like we gave up on the season. 

    To be TOTALLY fair, nobody in or outside the organization had ANY clue our defense would be THIS atrocious. Think about it. We actually believed our defense would be top ten or better, and with that logic, we would literally be 4-2 or at worst 3-3. Heck, everyone thought we'd be winning 19-16 games, and our offense hasn't been the issue! The main difference Garoppolo would bring would be hitting the explosive plays and finishing games. Brissett simply cannot score with the intermediate to long ball, and he totally crumbles at the end of games. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    To be TOTALLY fair, nobody in or outside the organization had ANY clue our defense would be THIS atrocious. 

    house-house-md.gif

  • https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/11/what-about-kevin-stefanski-as-the-future-coach-of-the-cleveland-browns-terry-pluto.html?utm_campaign=cleveland_expose_traffic-prosports&utm_medium=social&utm_source=fb&utm_term=cl-cleveland_newusers-prosports_lookalike_cl_paid&utm_content=article_topstories-futurecoach_terrypluto&fbclid=IwAR3e7jcJzpcEEUKtH6Bwy67xo98LQ4g1lKdRsvFM9SZP26JcdMvHVNio5yc

    Only the future success of the team and the whim of Jimmy and Dee make any difference. Maybe a slight bit from whoever happens to have their ear at the present time which is pretty fluid. I don't see him getting shit canned this season no matter what happens. Next season? There are actually Four Aces in the deck so I guess hitting a 20 could possibly work but if it doesn't will the player admit it was a risky call? To paraphrase Bruce Drennan all bets are off. I doubt the haslams will ever admit that they fucked anything up so if we don't go to the Super Bowl next season the next scapegoat will be stefanski.

    WSS

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Neither of those guys is going anywhere. Watson has the most upside. If we get fucked at least our assholes are used to it.

    Well that's true. The mistake in my opinion is that the quarterback was the problem and or the solution. We aren't losing games because of Jacoby Brissett. On the other hand Tom Brady isn't a great quarterback because he's super powerful. And there's nothing to lead me to believe that DeShaun Watson is anything but. But Browns fans, like all fans, have a tendency to lionize and demonize individuals. Garrett and Clowney still part of one of the worst defensive units in the league.

    On the other hand I was listening to Tony Grossi yesterday he seems to believe that the team just doesn't give a shit. Will the return of Watson change that?

    WSS

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Neither of those guys is going anywhere. Watson has the most upside. If we get fucked at least our assholes are used to it.

    Well that's true. The mistake in my opinion is that the quarterback was the problem and or the solution. We aren't losing games because of Jacoby Brissett. On the other hand Tom Brady isn't a great quarterback because he's super powerful. And there's nothing to lead me to believe that DeShaun Watson is anything but. But Browns fans, like all fans, have a tendency to lionize and demonize individuals. Garrett and Clowney still part of one of the worst defensive units in the league.

    On the other hand I was listening to Tony Grossi yesterday he seems to believe that the team just doesn't give a shit. Will the return of Watson change that?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Well that's true. The mistake in my opinion is that the quarterback was the problem and or the solution. We aren't losing games because of Jacoby Brissett. On the other hand Tom Brady isn't a great quarterback because he's super powerful. And there's nothing to lead me to believe that DeShaun Watson is anything but. But Browns fans, like all fans, have a tendency to lionize and demonize individuals. Garrett and Clowney still part of one of the worst defensive units in the league.

    On the other hand I was listening to Tony Grossi yesterday he seems to believe that the team just doesn't give a shit. Will the return of Watson change that?

    WSS

    As much as I loathe Grossi... I agree on this one... I believe Joe Woods has lost the teams confidence on the defensive side of the ball......

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Neither of those guys is going anywhere. Watson has the most upside. If we get fucked at least our assholes are used to it.

    Well that's true. The mistake in my opinion is that the quarterback was the problem and or the solution. We aren't losing games because of Jacoby Brissett. On the other hand Tom Brady isn't a great quarterback because he's super powerful. And there's nothing to lead me to believe that DeShaun Watson is anything but. But Browns fans, like all fans, have a tendency to lionize and demonize individuals. Garrett and Clowney still part of one of the worst defensive units in the league.

    On the other hand I was listening to Tony Grossi yesterday he seems to believe that the team just doesn't give a shit. Will the return of Watson change that?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Tony Grossi yesterday he seems to believe that the team just doesn't give a shit.

    Welcome to the modern mercenary NFL.  Kinda' like soldiers fighting for Russia.  When the going gets tough, they get going...in the other direction.  If the losses are piling up, and the game is slipping away, it turns to self preservation.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Well that's true. The mistake in my opinion is that the quarterback was the problem and or the solution. We aren't losing games because of Jacoby Brissett. On the other hand Tom Brady isn't a great quarterback because he's super powerful. And there's nothing to lead me to believe that DeShaun Watson is anything but. But Browns fans, like all fans, have a tendency to lionize and demonize individuals. Garrett and Clowney still part of one of the worst defensive units in the league.

    On the other hand I was listening to Tony Grossi yesterday he seems to believe that the team just doesn't give a shit. Will the return of Watson change that?

    WSS

    As much as I loathe Grossi... I agree on this one... I believe Joe Woods has lost the teams confidence on the defensive side of the ball......

    @nickers said:

    As much as I loathe Grossi... I agree on this one... I believe Joe Woods has lost the teams confidence on the defensive side of the ball......

    I hear ya!  And how nice of him to type the obvious.  

    Here's the BAD part of that.  When this starts happening all over (not just Grossi), it gave Myles (our alleged Defensive Leader) an excuse to quit at the very 1st sign of aversity last week.  Consequently, it okays everyone else to follow suit.  As much as Joe Woods doesn't please anyone in the fanbase - the players making anywhere from 6 figures to triple digit millions only play 17 games within the 52 weeks of the calendar year. They have a job to do - instead giving the FUCK YOU to all of the fans travelling to see them play and/or buying the team merchandise - a very spoiled Myles Garrett questions how dare these home fans boo us.  That's a 1st overall draft pick we preferred to Patrick Mahomes and................................... THE DeShaun Watson we are now guaranteeing 230 million $ to (and gave up 3 1st round draft picks to acquire). 

    Yes, Woods has failed but I don't EVER see a guy like TJ Watt looking for his first excuse to quit on the field.  I never hear him saying "I want to be Defensive MVP/Player of the Year."  He just goes out and busts his tail from start to finish. His pads do all the talking they need to,  Most guys would be on IR with the injury he is playing through - he got 2 sacks and sparked his team to victory last week.

    When the media (not just Grossi) begins to pour gas on the fire - these guys take it as their biggest excuse to quit.  When a Team Leader like Myles Garrett quits - good luck competing after the coin toss.

    I'm not saying I don't want Joe Woods replaced.  I AM saying that Church Mouse Haslam needs to grow a pair under the acorn and start lighting fannies as early as last Sunday! 

  • https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveland.com%2Fbrowns%2F2022%2F11%2Fwatcing-loss-to-buffalo-its-obvious-browns-should-replace-defensive-coordinator-joe-woods-terry-pluto.html%3Futm_campaign%3Dcdotcombrowns_sf%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_source%3Dfacebook&h=AT0Oekqz6z00NrraDdIydCXr7GQRr7n1fdiUq6MtGozuE5sGDLTUYCPfgC3SUpR20To3hI1sZg4pj6tO2BDdGh5kS8o_Qffx6yhvZK_1epstefHhlTnhV5WCNEC_zjz40Q

    Here's the latest. Hope everybody can get by the paywall or whatever. I can't be the only guy getting sick of the finger pointing but here we go again. I don't know how many times I have to repeat the word team but apparently it hasn't been enough. Like I said last week Tony Grossi mentioned that he felt the players didn't care anymore.

    No kidding; probably lots of reasons for that.

    One big problem I'm seeing here, just one, is star players bitching in public about the coaching staff or other players. Seems like it started with Beckham and his dad as he underperformed through the season and now Myles Garrett. And even though he's kept his mouth shut in private I can't imagine Jacoby Brissett being happy with the situation as well as he's played. All these years is a backup and he finally gets to prove that he can play in the NFL and now will get the boot.

    Is Joe Woods a failure because the players are too lazy or stupid to run his defense?

    WSS

  • Sure, we can replace Woods.  But hopefully we don't stray so far from our current base that we need lots of new players to match the new scheme.  

  • https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveland.com%2Fbrowns%2F2022%2F11%2Fwatcing-loss-to-buffalo-its-obvious-browns-should-replace-defensive-coordinator-joe-woods-terry-pluto.html%3Futm_campaign%3Dcdotcombrowns_sf%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_source%3Dfacebook&h=AT0Oekqz6z00NrraDdIydCXr7GQRr7n1fdiUq6MtGozuE5sGDLTUYCPfgC3SUpR20To3hI1sZg4pj6tO2BDdGh5kS8o_Qffx6yhvZK_1epstefHhlTnhV5WCNEC_zjz40Q

    Here's the latest. Hope everybody can get by the paywall or whatever. I can't be the only guy getting sick of the finger pointing but here we go again. I don't know how many times I have to repeat the word team but apparently it hasn't been enough. Like I said last week Tony Grossi mentioned that he felt the players didn't care anymore.

    No kidding; probably lots of reasons for that.

    One big problem I'm seeing here, just one, is star players bitching in public about the coaching staff or other players. Seems like it started with Beckham and his dad as he underperformed through the season and now Myles Garrett. And even though he's kept his mouth shut in private I can't imagine Jacoby Brissett being happy with the situation as well as he's played. All these years is a backup and he finally gets to prove that he can play in the NFL and now will get the boot.

    Is Joe Woods a failure because the players are too lazy or stupid to run his defense?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Is Joe Woods a failure because the players are too lazy or stupid to run his defense?

    WSS

    YES!!!!

    I don't think an NFL Defensive Coordinator is scheming his players to let WRs & TEs run free in his secondary. 

    Can Woods call ore blitzes? Sure. But not if these idiots in the secondary cannot "communicate."

  • https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveland.com%2Fbrowns%2F2022%2F11%2Fwatcing-loss-to-buffalo-its-obvious-browns-should-replace-defensive-coordinator-joe-woods-terry-pluto.html%3Futm_campaign%3Dcdotcombrowns_sf%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_source%3Dfacebook&h=AT0Oekqz6z00NrraDdIydCXr7GQRr7n1fdiUq6MtGozuE5sGDLTUYCPfgC3SUpR20To3hI1sZg4pj6tO2BDdGh5kS8o_Qffx6yhvZK_1epstefHhlTnhV5WCNEC_zjz40Q

    Here's the latest. Hope everybody can get by the paywall or whatever. I can't be the only guy getting sick of the finger pointing but here we go again. I don't know how many times I have to repeat the word team but apparently it hasn't been enough. Like I said last week Tony Grossi mentioned that he felt the players didn't care anymore.

    No kidding; probably lots of reasons for that.

    One big problem I'm seeing here, just one, is star players bitching in public about the coaching staff or other players. Seems like it started with Beckham and his dad as he underperformed through the season and now Myles Garrett. And even though he's kept his mouth shut in private I can't imagine Jacoby Brissett being happy with the situation as well as he's played. All these years is a backup and he finally gets to prove that he can play in the NFL and now will get the boot.

    Is Joe Woods a failure because the players are too lazy or stupid to run his defense?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveland.com%2Fbrowns%2F2022%2F11%2Fwatcing-loss-to-buffalo-its-obvious-browns-should-replace-defensive-coordinator-joe-woods-terry-pluto.html%3Futm_campaign%3Dcdotcombrowns_sf%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_source%3Dfacebook&h=AT0Oekqz6z00NrraDdIydCXr7GQRr7n1fdiUq6MtGozuE5sGDLTUYCPfgC3SUpR20To3hI1sZg4pj6tO2BDdGh5kS8o_Qffx6yhvZK_1epstefHhlTnhV5WCNEC_zjz40Q

    Here's the latest. Hope everybody can get by the paywall or whatever. I can't be the only guy getting sick of the finger pointing but here we go again. I don't know how many times I have to repeat the word team but apparently it hasn't been enough. Like I said last week Tony Grossi mentioned that he felt the players didn't care anymore.

    No kidding; probably lots of reasons for that.

    One big problem I'm seeing here, just one, is star players bitching in public about the coaching staff or other players. Seems like it started with Beckham and his dad as he underperformed through the season and now Myles Garrett. And even though he's kept his mouth shut in private I can't imagine Jacoby Brissett being happy with the situation as well as he's played. All these years is a backup and he finally gets to prove that he can play in the NFL and now will get the boot.

    Is Joe Woods a failure because the players are too lazy or stupid to run his defense?

    WSS

    Was able to read it Steve. I immensely respect Pluto's takes, and not just because we both went to the same High School. 🙂 

    Couple of things, I wasn't the only one who said with 2 minutes left in the first half... "Just watch, the Browns are going to let the Bills walk right down the field and score."  On the Diggs TD- pre snap- you could see the Browns defensive backfield was totally discombobulated, they should have called a time out.  Yep- I thought YOU had him.  🙁  

    Yeah when the going gets tough, the Browns defense quits. That was Deron Cherry's take. Listening to some of the postgame interviews, I got the impression the players largely don't give a shit anymore. It's a job, and I'm getting paid. 

    Since the Browns defense can't hardly play any worse, fine- fire Joe Woods. But it's not going to fix the problem that the interior of the Browns defensive line is tissue paper soft. As soon as teams figure out running up the middle on Cleveland is damn near a guaranteed 5 yard gain- every time.  

    I suppose I should lay off ragging on Brissette, statistically he is what he is, a career backup playing to the best of his ability. But it's maddening to see him miss by a hair touchdown passes to guys wide open in the end zone. He had no chance when the Browns got way down against Buffalo, and their defense could just tee off on him.