Skip to content

The official Terry Pluto thread

The Browns Board
1.1k 45 54.0k 1
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    Along those same lines. Anybody that lean toward the quote nfl-ready unquote or prototype size guys I think are happily eating a bowl of crow.

    https://www.cleveland.com//browns/2019/01/cleveland-browns-i-was-wrong-about-baker-mayfield-terry-pluto.html

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    I like it that Dorsey uses his eyes, ears and gut instinct on players. He’s earned his stripes. Time to use em. He’s no five year plan guy either. He’s planning on winning the division 2019.  

  • I like it that Dorsey uses his eyes, ears and gut instinct on players. He’s earned his stripes. Time to use em. He’s no five year plan guy either. He’s planning on winning the division 2019.  

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I like it that Dorsey uses his eyes, ears and gut instinct on players. He’s earned his stripes. Time to use em. He’s no five year plan guy either. He’s planning on winning the division 2019.  

    All the more reason not to restructure winning combination and start over.

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    From Terry:

    8. While Williams has said he’s open to staying on the job, I’m not sure it’s a good idea. It would be hard for him to take a step back after his 5-3 record and strong showing as a head coach. Caldwell would be a relatively safe pick for the Browns, but I sense the Browns want more than “safe.”.....

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Wow, known "safe" commodity versus going outside for maybe a better long term fix. Tough decision.

  • From Terry:

    8. While Williams has said he’s open to staying on the job, I’m not sure it’s a good idea. It would be hard for him to take a step back after his 5-3 record and strong showing as a head coach. Caldwell would be a relatively safe pick for the Browns, but I sense the Browns want more than “safe.”.....

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Wow, known "safe" commodity versus going outside for maybe a better long term fix. Tough decision.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    From Terry:

    8. While Williams has said he’s open to staying on the job, I’m not sure it’s a good idea. It would be hard for him to take a step back after his 5-3 record and strong showing as a head coach. Caldwell would be a relatively safe pick for the Browns, but I sense the Browns want more than “safe.”.....

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Wow, known "safe" commodity versus going outside for maybe a better long term fix. Tough decision.

    Not really. You have a guy that wins and the players respond to. You can afford to look hard with those aces on your hand

  • @mjp28 said:

    From Terry:

    8. While Williams has said he’s open to staying on the job, I’m not sure it’s a good idea. It would be hard for him to take a step back after his 5-3 record and strong showing as a head coach. Caldwell would be a relatively safe pick for the Browns, but I sense the Browns want more than “safe.”.....

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Wow, known "safe" commodity versus going outside for maybe a better long term fix. Tough decision.

    Not really. You have a guy that wins and the players respond to. You can afford to look hard with those aces on your hand

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Not really. You have a guy that wins and the players respond to. You can afford to look hard with those aces on your hand

    It does give you the ability to look at anybody and everybody if you have a guaranteed fall back position.

    Feels like draft time again with all of the rumours and posturing.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Not really. You have a guy that wins and the players respond to. You can afford to look hard with those aces on your hand

    It does give you the ability to look at anybody and everybody if you have a guaranteed fall back position.

    Feels like draft time again with all of the rumours and posturing.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    It does give you the ability to look at anybody and everybody if you have a guaranteed fall back position.

    Feels like draft time again with all of the rumours and posturing.

    but were not good at long dragged out things on this board ?..watch when the 1st good defensive coach goes or Zona calls Freddie back to HC?..Am taking that week off ?️ book it  

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    13. Williams and Kitchens were thrown together after the firings of Jackson and offensive coordinator Todd Haley. In fact, Kitchens was hired by Haley. He was close to Haley. He didn’t know Williams very well. The fact the two men worked well together played a big part in Kitchens emerging as the head coach for 2019.

    Seems to be conflicting reports on “whose guy” Kitchens was. Too many chefs in Kitchens’ grill.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • On point 3, I read this as the NFL is blacklisting GW from a HC job league wide

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    On point 3, I read this as the NFL is blacklisting GW from a HC job league wide

    lmao.....yeah just like the nfl is blacklisting me from a HC job too....thats why I dont have one!

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    On point 3, I read this as the NFL is blacklisting GW from a HC job league wide

    lmao.....yeah just like the nfl is blacklisting me from a HC job too....thats why I dont have one!

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @tacosman said:

    lmao.....yeah just like the nfl is blacklisting me from a HC job too....thats why I dont have one!

    I take it you did not read his article

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    .....6. The state of kicking in the NFL is shaky, especially since the move from about 20 yards to 33 yards for extra points. Joseph had a decent rookie year. But he doesn’t inspire much confidence in me. I was spoiled by Phil Dawson. By the way, Dawson will be 44 on Jan. 23. He was only 5-of-8 on field goals last year before being cut by Arizona. The Browns need to find the next Phil Dawson.......

    Strange how currently this is such a problem in the NFL with all of the NCAA players out there at all levels.

  • .....6. The state of kicking in the NFL is shaky, especially since the move from about 20 yards to 33 yards for extra points. Joseph had a decent rookie year. But he doesn’t inspire much confidence in me. I was spoiled by Phil Dawson. By the way, Dawson will be 44 on Jan. 23. He was only 5-of-8 on field goals last year before being cut by Arizona. The Browns need to find the next Phil Dawson.......

    Strange how currently this is such a problem in the NFL with all of the NCAA players out there at all levels.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    .....6. The state of kicking in the NFL is shaky, especially since the move from about 20 yards to 33 yards for extra points. Joseph had a decent rookie year. But he doesn’t inspire much confidence in me. I was spoiled by Phil Dawson. By the way, Dawson will be 44 on Jan. 23. He was only 5-of-8 on field goals last year before being cut by Arizona. The Browns need to find the next Phil Dawson.......

    Strange how currently this is such a problem in the NFL with all of the NCAA players out there at all levels.

    Seems simple tho. They just don’t want to pay kickers. Other than winning or losing ballgames, they have little value. Go figure

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

      2. None of this happens unless General Manager John Dorsey and his front office select Mayfield with the No. 1 pick. Suppose they had taken my guy (Josh Rosen). Or they had taken the favorite of the draft experts (Sam Darnold). Or maybe picked Saquon Barkley, the running back from Penn State.

    3. Barkley is a star with the New York Giants, but Pat Shurmur’s team won only five games with veteran Eli Manning at QB. Rosen had a miserable rookie year with the Arizona Cardinals. Darnold had a few nice moments, but he has a long way to go before being considered a viable long-term NFL starting quarterback.......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Oh how Dorsey and Mayfield helped prove a LOT of people wrong (me included). Can't wait for the 2019 draft and offseason moves....I can't believe I'm actually saying that.  😳

  •   2. None of this happens unless General Manager John Dorsey and his front office select Mayfield with the No. 1 pick. Suppose they had taken my guy (Josh Rosen). Or they had taken the favorite of the draft experts (Sam Darnold). Or maybe picked Saquon Barkley, the running back from Penn State.

    3. Barkley is a star with the New York Giants, but Pat Shurmur’s team won only five games with veteran Eli Manning at QB. Rosen had a miserable rookie year with the Arizona Cardinals. Darnold had a few nice moments, but he has a long way to go before being considered a viable long-term NFL starting quarterback.......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Oh how Dorsey and Mayfield helped prove a LOT of people wrong (me included). Can't wait for the 2019 draft and offseason moves....I can't believe I'm actually saying that.  😳

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

      2. None of this happens unless General Manager John Dorsey and his front office select Mayfield with the No. 1 pick. Suppose they had taken my guy (Josh Rosen). Or they had taken the favorite of the draft experts (Sam Darnold). Or maybe picked Saquon Barkley, the running back from Penn State.

    3. Barkley is a star with the New York Giants, but Pat Shurmur’s team won only five games with veteran Eli Manning at QB. Rosen had a miserable rookie year with the Arizona Cardinals. Darnold had a few nice moments, but he has a long way to go before being considered a viable long-term NFL starting quarterback.......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Oh how Dorsey and Mayfield helped prove a LOT of people wrong (me included). Can't wait for the 2019 draft and offseason moves....I can't believe I'm actually saying that.  😳

    This is the very first off season that I have looked forward to the next season with genuine optimism since the late 80s. 

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by