Skip to content

Jarvis Landry

The Browns Board
48 24 1.2k 1
  • Landry's play has tailed off significantly in the last 3 games, that said hes far from a piece of crap and will still likely end up catching close to a 100 balls for plenty of chain moving drives. The under use of Duke is something I agree with completely. Every time they use him he makes stuff happen. I don't know what the heck he did to get buried so far in touches. With most the receivers playing like they do I would move him to a permanent receiver role OR run a crap load of 2 back sets with him in. 

    This team has to trade for a receiver prior to the deadline. One I would like to see us target is E. St. Brown from the Packers. Big body rookie with HANDS. For a very low pick or player would love to bring in Larry Fitzpatrick to play and to teach our shitheads to catch. last but far from least trading for Amari Cooper is a very real and achievable possibility. We have to have weapons for our rookie QB if we dont want to ruin him. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Landry's play has tailed off significantly in the last 3 games, that said hes far from a piece of crap and will still likely end up catching close to a 100 balls for plenty of chain moving drives. The under use of Duke is something I agree with completely. Every time they use him he makes stuff happen. I don't know what the heck he did to get buried so far in touches. With most the receivers playing like they do I would move him to a permanent receiver role OR run a crap load of 2 back sets with him in. 

    This team has to trade for a receiver prior to the deadline. One I would like to see us target is E. St. Brown from the Packers. Big body rookie with HANDS. For a very low pick or player would love to bring in Larry Fitzpatrick to play and to teach our shitheads to catch. last but far from least trading for Amari Cooper is a very real and achievable possibility. We have to have weapons for our rookie QB if we dont want to ruin him. 

    Fitzgerald isnt going to leave ARI. He seems like a great guy and wouldn't want to leave the only team he has played for. Certainly not for a team that isnt a true contender 

  • @jcam222 said:

    Landry's play has tailed off significantly in the last 3 games, that said hes far from a piece of crap and will still likely end up catching close to a 100 balls for plenty of chain moving drives. The under use of Duke is something I agree with completely. Every time they use him he makes stuff happen. I don't know what the heck he did to get buried so far in touches. With most the receivers playing like they do I would move him to a permanent receiver role OR run a crap load of 2 back sets with him in. 

    This team has to trade for a receiver prior to the deadline. One I would like to see us target is E. St. Brown from the Packers. Big body rookie with HANDS. For a very low pick or player would love to bring in Larry Fitzpatrick to play and to teach our shitheads to catch. last but far from least trading for Amari Cooper is a very real and achievable possibility. We have to have weapons for our rookie QB if we dont want to ruin him. 

    Fitzgerald isnt going to leave ARI. He seems like a great guy and wouldn't want to leave the only team he has played for. Certainly not for a team that isnt a true contender 

    @gunz41 said:

    Fitzgerald isnt going to leave ARI. He seems like a great guy and wouldn't want to leave the only team he has played for. Certainly not for a team that isnt a true contender 

    Larry is the face of AZ. I couldn't see us wanting to take his contact. Can you?

    Amari Cooper is a possibility, but he's so streaky it's crazy. 

  • heck id take dez right now.  the offense wont suceed game to game with the wr group they have!

  • golden tate i think you could get in a trade

  • They double covered Landry a LOT, because they didn't have to worry about HIggins.

    Just a tough game all around.

  • @gunz41 said:

    Fitzgerald isnt going to leave ARI. He seems like a great guy and wouldn't want to leave the only team he has played for. Certainly not for a team that isnt a true contender 

    Larry is the face of AZ. I couldn't see us wanting to take his contact. Can you?

    Amari Cooper is a possibility, but he's so streaky it's crazy. 

    @stillmotion said:

    Larry is the face of AZ. I couldn't see us wanting to take his contact. Can you?

    Amari Cooper is a possibility, but he's so streaky it's crazy. 

    Dont think Larry would want to go, Arizona would want him to go, or Cleveland even try.

    Maybe a team like Dallas, New England, etc may try, but I doubt it would happen. Bad PR for Arizona to get rid of him for minimal comp.

    Cleveland just isnt a big contender now, even had they won today

  • He was double teamed. Still though, you expect calloway to catch the dang ball sometime? You expect Duke Johnson to get the ball more, but no, instead we threw to Ratley, an unproven rookie.

    @stillmotion said:

    He was double teamed. Still though, you expect calloway to catch the dang ball sometime? You expect Duke Johnson to get the ball more, but no, instead we threw to Ratley, an unproven rookie.

    At least Ratley made some plays. I think he caught 6-8 targets. That's basically head and shoulders above anyone else. Not sure if he could've caught that flea flicker, I'll need to see it again, but it was close. Honestly, I just don't know who will make the amazing plays for OUR team when we need them. Every week, or just about, there are incredible plays made by elite players. Who is going to do that for us? 

    It's just sad because at one time I thought we had some of the best receivers in the league. 

  • @stillmotion said:

    He was double teamed. Still though, you expect calloway to catch the dang ball sometime? You expect Duke Johnson to get the ball more, but no, instead we threw to Ratley, an unproven rookie.

    At least Ratley made some plays. I think he caught 6-8 targets. That's basically head and shoulders above anyone else. Not sure if he could've caught that flea flicker, I'll need to see it again, but it was close. Honestly, I just don't know who will make the amazing plays for OUR team when we need them. Every week, or just about, there are incredible plays made by elite players. Who is going to do that for us? 

    It's just sad because at one time I thought we had some of the best receivers in the league. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    At least Ratley made some plays. I think he caught 6-8 targets. That's basically head and shoulders above anyone else. Not sure if he could've caught that flea flicker, I'll need to see it again, but it was close. Honestly, I just don't know who will make the amazing plays for OUR team when we need them. Every week, or just about, there are incredible plays made by elite players. Who is going to do that for us? 

    Well it won’t be Landry. Yet that’s what we are paying him to be. 

  • Jarvis is too emotional at times, He's more boom or bust like Desean Jackson for the Bucs, but we really need a strong WR2 in order for Landry to be effective.

    Landry, Josh Gordon, and Higgins were a good tandem, but Gordon was unreliable, and Higgins is currently shaken up. We need to trade and get a strong WR2.

  • Jarvis is too emotional at times, He's more boom or bust like Desean Jackson for the Bucs, but we really need a strong WR2 in order for Landry to be effective.

    Landry, Josh Gordon, and Higgins were a good tandem, but Gordon was unreliable, and Higgins is currently shaken up. We need to trade and get a strong WR2.

    @stillmotion said:

    Jarvis is too emotional at times, He's more boom or bust like Desean Jackson for the Bucs, but we really need a strong WR2 in order for Landry to be effective.

    Landry, Josh Gordon, and Higgins were a good tandem, but Gordon was unreliable, and Higgins is currently shaken up. We need to trade and get a strong WR2.

    I think the problem long term is that Landry IS the WR2, and what the Browns need is WR1.

    And before any delusional posters say it, no, Gordon was NEVER going to be that guy for the Browns. 

  • We need another WR to make our $15m WR any good ????

    BS and then some. 

    Landry is what he was. A slot receiver not a #1 or a #2. He’s been vastly overpaid and just hope we can get out of it after year one or two relatively unscathed. 

  • We need another WR to make our $15m WR any good ????

    BS and then some. 

    Landry is what he was. A slot receiver not a #1 or a #2. He’s been vastly overpaid and just hope we can get out of it after year one or two relatively unscathed. 

    @londonbrown said:

    We need another WR to make our $15m WR any good ????

    BS and then some. 

    Landry is what he was. A slot receiver not a #1 or a #2. He’s been vastly overpaid and just hope we can get out of it after year one or two relatively unscathed. 

    Could be worse.

    Could have used a first rounder on a bust like Corey Coleman. 

  • Landry is currently our only REAL receiver.  

    If YOU were our opposing defensive coordinator, who would YOU try and take out of the game with coverage?   Rookie Ratley?  Rookie, dropsie, Callaway?  

    How many dropped passes did Baker have?  How many dropped TD's?

  • @stillmotion said:

    Jarvis is too emotional at times, He's more boom or bust like Desean Jackson for the Bucs, but we really need a strong WR2 in order for Landry to be effective.

    Landry, Josh Gordon, and Higgins were a good tandem, but Gordon was unreliable, and Higgins is currently shaken up. We need to trade and get a strong WR2.

    I think the problem long term is that Landry IS the WR2, and what the Browns need is WR1.

    And before any delusional posters say it, no, Gordon was NEVER going to be that guy for the Browns. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I think the problem long term is that Landry IS the WR2, and what the Browns need is WR1.

    And before any delusional posters say it, no, Gordon was NEVER going to be that guy for the Browns. 

    I'm your delusional poster! Lol

    I know what you're saying about Gordon, and I have very little doubt that he'll be suspended at some point this season and be gone, but here's the thing....he's not suspended yet! We could've had him for the last two games. Look at what Gordon did last night, and you'll notice he didn't do anything spectacular. But what the stats don't tell you is that he drew a 40 yard pass interference penalty in the end zone because he beat his defender and Tom threw a perfect ball. Then Gordon drew another defensive holding penalty in the end zone because he was going to beat his man badly again to the inside. Both of these possessions resulted in easy TDs. 

    Now let me ask you this:  Does Josh Gordon catch the flea flicker? Does he catch the other bomb that Callaway couldn't get? Obviously there's no way to know, but I'm guessing he he gets them both. 

    I'm not a Hue Jackson hater. I've never said to fire him or anything like that. However, the decision to let Gordon go was purely his call. He was irate with the Gordon injury, and he basically unilaterally decided to move on from him. John Dorsey had his back, which is when we changed our tune and said that we'd instead trade him. Let me ask you another question:  If Josh Gordon is such bad news, why would the Patriots want him? 

    I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I didn't like letting Gordon go week 2, and I don't like it now. ESPECIALLY since we have a rookie QB playing who absolutely needs people to throw to. Getting Higgins back will help, but we all know that's not enough. How many drops has Callaway had? Btw, Callaway plays Gordon's position. You think Gordon is bouncing that perfectly thrown deep square-in toss that Callaway did yesterday? 

    #1 WRs aren't easy to find, and Gordon is definitely one of them. Even if we only had him for half the season or however long he lasts this year. 

  • Jesus Shmucking Christ. 

    Josh Gordon came up with a fake hamstring injury to get out of playing for the Browns, after years upon years of sabotaging his career.

    I seriously wonder about some of you. Absolutely delusional. 

  • Jesus Shmucking Christ. 

    Josh Gordon came up with a fake hamstring injury to get out of playing for the Browns, after years upon years of sabotaging his career.

    I seriously wonder about some of you. Absolutely delusional. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Jesus Shmucking Christ. 

    Josh Gordon came up with a fake hamstring injury to get out of playing for the Browns, after years upon years of sabotaging his career.

    I seriously wonder about some of you. Absolutely delusional. 

    JG has been on limited practice with that hammy ever since with NE and just for the record, even Brady could not get him to catch long passes thrown his way last night. He wasted the best years of his playing career and is fast approaching "has been" status with BB. Passes he used to just take away from people were getting knocked away or stripped through his fumbling hands if you watched the game last night.

  • @londonbrown said:

    This offense has no identity or plan. They’re just calling plays. 

    That's what pissed me off the most..... times where Toad could establish our identity as a tough butt team, he goes all cute. He asks the rookie QB to do the stuff a 10yr all pro vet does. Head scratching to say the least.

    If I (just an average fan) don't know what our identity is, then how the hell do the players? 

    @d-bone said:

    That's what pissed me off the most..... times where Toad could establish our identity as a tough butt team, he goes all cute. He asks the rookie QB to do the stuff a 10yr all pro vet does. Head scratching to say the least.

    Examples? I honestly do not know what you are referring to here...

    @calfoxwc said:

    They double covered Landry a LOT, because they didn't have to worry about HIggins.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I think the problem long term is that Landry IS the WR2, and what the Browns need is WR1.

    And before any delusional posters say it, no, Gordon was NEVER going to be that guy for the Browns. 

    Gordon was that guy... will he be it again? If he will be, then he has not shown it as yet. And, yes, Phoolie, I watched the SNF game.

    As for Landry... he's a WR 1.5 at best. He's a great possession guy, and I am glad he is on the team, but he, and we, missd Higgins yesterday... badly.

  • @d-bone said:

    That's what pissed me off the most..... times where Toad could establish our identity as a tough butt team, he goes all cute. He asks the rookie QB to do the stuff a 10yr all pro vet does. Head scratching to say the least.

    Examples? I honestly do not know what you are referring to here...

    @calfoxwc said:

    They double covered Landry a LOT, because they didn't have to worry about HIggins.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I think the problem long term is that Landry IS the WR2, and what the Browns need is WR1.

    And before any delusional posters say it, no, Gordon was NEVER going to be that guy for the Browns. 

    Gordon was that guy... will he be it again? If he will be, then he has not shown it as yet. And, yes, Phoolie, I watched the SNF game.

    As for Landry... he's a WR 1.5 at best. He's a great possession guy, and I am glad he is on the team, but he, and we, missd Higgins yesterday... badly.

    @tour2ma said:

    Examples? I honestly do not know what you are referring to here...

    Gordon was that guy... will he be it again? If he will be, then he has not shown it as yet. And, yes, Phoolie, I watched the SNF game.

    As for Landry... he's a WR 1.5 at best. He's a great possession guy, and I am glad he is on the team, but he, and we, missd Higgins yesterday... badly.

    If Landry was a baseball player, he'd be Mark Grace. 

    A solid defensive player who hits .300 with no power. 

  • @d-bone said:

    That's what pissed me off the most..... times where Toad could establish our identity as a tough butt team, he goes all cute. He asks the rookie QB to do the stuff a 10yr all pro vet does. Head scratching to say the least.

    Examples? I honestly do not know what you are referring to here...

    @calfoxwc said:

    They double covered Landry a LOT, because they didn't have to worry about HIggins.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I think the problem long term is that Landry IS the WR2, and what the Browns need is WR1.

    And before any delusional posters say it, no, Gordon was NEVER going to be that guy for the Browns. 

    Gordon was that guy... will he be it again? If he will be, then he has not shown it as yet. And, yes, Phoolie, I watched the SNF game.

    As for Landry... he's a WR 1.5 at best. He's a great possession guy, and I am glad he is on the team, but he, and we, missd Higgins yesterday... badly.

    @tour2ma said:

    Gordon was that guy... will he be it again? If he will be, then he has not shown it as yet. And, yes, Phoolie, I watched the SNF game.

    5 catches for 42 yards.   Those are "game changing" numbers.   Fuck Josh Gordon.  He ain't that great anymore.

  • getting RID of gordon was addition by subtraction. He just kept having excuses for just about anything he didn't feel like doing.

    meetings, games, training camp... AND he dropped passes.

    Calloway drops passes, whatever. Calloway is THERE to go all out and play football. He's a very talented kid, and if he starts catching every ball thrown to him, watch out.

      Mebbe, they should forget about catching a bunch of passes from a machine, unless they have somebody running up on them to

    pop them one as they are catching it. I figure looking away from the pass, to see where you want to go next, or look at where the guy is coming from ..that is going to let you have it...is the problem. They just have to learn the discipline of looking the ball into their hands, and THEN going for yacs.

    gordon never had the love for the game, enough was enough, good that he's gone. He won't play games with another team, he can't take the chance. He knew he could take chances with the Browns for years? Outa here, you're fired.