Skip to content

Hyde traded

The Browns Board
186 46 6.0k 1
  • Another ZERO trade by Dorsey... 

  • Im wondering if possibly another deal is in the works for a wr.

  • Can we trade Hue for a 5th rounder ?

    @darren15 said:

    Can we trade Hue for a 5th rounder ?

    I'm guessing no

  • I am fine with the move from the pov that it is a rebuilding team, get a pick for a guy who probably won't be here long term and get Chubb more carries.

  • @hx214 said:

    So why did Dorsey sign Hyde in the first place?  Then pay Duke top ten RB money?

    He signed him before drafting Chubb, right? (I honestly don't remember)

    If he did, probably did it for insurance, nothing wrong with having three quality RBs. 

    Problem was, I'm guessing in Dorsey's mind, is that Hyde was getting almost 3/4 of the carries from the tailback position, and two talented RBs who are the future of the Browns backfield were collecting dust. Total speculation, but if the split would had been more 50/25/25 for Hyde/Chubb/Johnson, Hyde might be still here. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He signed him before drafting Chubb, right? (I honestly don't remember)

    If he did, probably did it for insurance, nothing wrong with having three quality RBs. 

    Problem was, I'm guessing in Dorsey's mind, is that Hyde was getting almost 3/4 of the carries from the tailback position, and two talented RBs who are the future of the Browns backfield were collecting dust. Total speculation, but if the split would had been more 50/25/25 for Hyde/Chubb/Johnson, Hyde might be still here. 

    To get things right, I don't like Hue and I think Dorsey has nailed it so far.

    I like your narrative, and being Dorsey's first year, it makes a lot of sense. Problem is, I don't like it if his modus operandi as GM that wants something done is to directly trade the 1st string RB 2 days before a game, no matter if the HC is Hue or Vincent Lombardi. 

    I hope there has been some communication between FO and coaching staff -as they have to work together- and that we are getting a player in exchange somewhere.

    Because if it is about Chubb getting experience in a rebuilding+fire Hue year, I see two problems:

    1. You're using his body in a meaningless year.

    2. You probably don't protect as well as earlier your rookie quaterback, either because Chubb still needs to improve picking blocks or thanks to a worse running game (Not that Hyde was stellar, but I liked our trio). 

    I don't think Dorsey really needed to force Hue's hand, he knows his situation and is already giving him ball games...

  • Perhaps the answer to the question about protecting the quarterback is to utilize a full back more often. In fact question: do we even have a full back on this team?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He signed him before drafting Chubb, right? (I honestly don't remember)

    If he did, probably did it for insurance, nothing wrong with having three quality RBs. 

    Problem was, I'm guessing in Dorsey's mind, is that Hyde was getting almost 3/4 of the carries from the tailback position, and two talented RBs who are the future of the Browns backfield were collecting dust. Total speculation, but if the split would had been more 50/25/25 for Hyde/Chubb/Johnson, Hyde might be still here. 

    Actually (true story) I called Dorsey and told him they were screwing up one of my FLs and Duke was not getting enough touches.

    Problem solved and Hyde is now the JAX #1 guy......honest, he is.

    @mjp28 said:

    Actually (true story) I called Dorsey and told him they were screwing up one of my FLs and Duke was not getting enough touches.

    Problem solved and Hyde is now the JAX #1 guy......honest, he is.

    Dammit Donald, you outed yourself (Believe me).?

  • @londonbrown said:

    B6269372-8897-49FA-B2B0-FCF88CB1B139.png

    Reminds me of the scene in Moneyball when Billy Bean has traded away all the guys Art Howe insisted on starting over the guys Bean wanted to play.

  • And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.

    RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart

  • And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.

    RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart

    @tour2ma said:

    And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.

    RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart

    I've been kinda thinkin' that Hilliard must have been showing a little something more than just PS ability that made Dorsey feel he could trade away Hyde and force some changes in RB use on HaleyHue, the undynamic duo.

  • And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.

    RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart

    @tour2ma said:

    And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.

    RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart

    this move is just as idiotic as it was yesterday, even after sleeping on it. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.

    RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart

    this move is just as idiotic as it was yesterday, even after sleeping on it. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    this move is just as idiotic as it was yesterday, even after sleeping on it. 

    I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    this move is just as idiotic as it was yesterday, even after sleeping on it. 

    I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.

    oh i have no doubt chubb in the short term picks up hydes carries. Ic haley bowing to pressure and giving chubb the ball 50 times a game. Its just long run, we blew up the best rb room in the league for a 5th rounder

    ....?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    this move is just as idiotic as it was yesterday, even after sleeping on it. 

    I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.

    I totally agree. Looking back since Dorsey came here, his moves have exceeded my expectations & we are seeing firsthand how a winning FO operates. It's definitely different than we've seen in a LONG time. Let's see what happens.

    Mike

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.

    I totally agree. Looking back since Dorsey came here, his moves have exceeded my expectations & we are seeing firsthand how a winning FO operates. It's definitely different than we've seen in a LONG time. Let's see what happens.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I totally agree. Looking back since Dorsey came here, his moves have exceeded my expectations & we are seeing firsthand how a winning FO operates. It's definitely different than we've seen in a LONG time. Let's see what happens.

    Mike

    All I can say is "KC"!!

    Now wouldn't we like to look like them a couple of years down the road? They are feared!!!!

  • I just hope our front office understands we're going to have yet another rookie at a key position. Rookie QB, CB, RB, LT, multiple WRs, and don't forget Kicker. That's a ton of youth at some pretty important places on the team. And rookie RBs tend to fumble, so I hope Chubb protects it. 

  • And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.

    RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart

    @tour2ma said:

    And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.

    RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart

    Makes sense being that Chubb's pass pro consistency needs improvement to warrant 2/3 of the reps right now. Not only that, we're counting on inexperienced WRs and unemployed/practice squad WR types to help Mayfield so Duke's receiving skills and experience are needed. As it stands, 1/3 of the reps will be a pretty big increase in Chubb's work load.   It'll be interesting to see if we can remain #5 overall in rushing.

  • I just hope our front office understands we're going to have yet another rookie at a key position. Rookie QB, CB, RB, LT, multiple WRs, and don't forget Kicker. That's a ton of youth at some pretty important places on the team. And rookie RBs tend to fumble, so I hope Chubb protects it. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I just hope our front office understands we're going to have yet another rookie at a key position. Rookie QB, CB, RB, LT, multiple WRs, and don't forget Kicker. That's a ton of youth at some pretty important places on the team. And rookie RBs tend to fumble, so I hope Chubb protects it. 

    Unfortunately that's the case, due in good part by the fact that (for example) the 2016 Browns draft produced two starters out of NINE picks the Browns had in Rounds 1-4. So much of that draft isn't even on the Browns anymore. The 2015 Browns draft produced one player (Duke Johnson) of the seven picks in Rounds 1-4 that is even on the roster anymore. 

    So drafts that would put players in their 3rd and 4th season, players that would be young but experienced, and CHEAP, have virtually little to no production for the 2018 Browns. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.

    RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart

    Makes sense being that Chubb's pass pro consistency needs improvement to warrant 2/3 of the reps right now. Not only that, we're counting on inexperienced WRs and unemployed/practice squad WR types to help Mayfield so Duke's receiving skills and experience are needed. As it stands, 1/3 of the reps will be a pretty big increase in Chubb's work load.   It'll be interesting to see if we can remain #5 overall in rushing.

    @flugel said:

    Makes sense being that Chubb's pass pro consistency needs improvement to warrant 2/3 of the reps right now. Not only that, we're counting on inexperienced WRs and unemployed/practice squad WR types to help Mayfield so Duke's receiving skills and experience are needed. As it stands, 1/3 of the reps will be a pretty big increase in Chubb's work load.   It'll be interesting to see if we can remain #5 overall in rushing.

    I think we'll be ok as other Ds will have to respect Duke's receiving skills, which can also help our run game. We'll soon see.

    Mike

  • @canton-mike said:

    I totally agree. Looking back since Dorsey came here, his moves have exceeded my expectations & we are seeing firsthand how a winning FO operates. It's definitely different than we've seen in a LONG time. Let's see what happens.

    Mike

    All I can say is "KC"!!

    Now wouldn't we like to look like them a couple of years down the road? They are feared!!!!

    @texasag1969 said:

    All I can say is "KC"!!

    Now wouldn't we like to look like them a couple of years down the road? They are feared!!!!

    Does it bother anyone else though that as good of a job Dorsey did to build this current Chiefs team, the Chiefs still felt the need to get rid of him? Like, what was the story? What do we not know?