Hyde traded
-
Perhaps the answer to the question about protecting the quarterback is to utilize a full back more often. In fact question: do we even have a full back on this team?
-
He signed him before drafting Chubb, right? (I honestly don't remember)
If he did, probably did it for insurance, nothing wrong with having three quality RBs.
Problem was, I'm guessing in Dorsey's mind, is that Hyde was getting almost 3/4 of the carries from the tailback position, and two talented RBs who are the future of the Browns backfield were collecting dust. Total speculation, but if the split would had been more 50/25/25 for Hyde/Chubb/Johnson, Hyde might be still here.
Actually (true story) I called Dorsey and told him they were screwing up one of my FLs and Duke was not getting enough touches.
Problem solved and Hyde is now the JAX #1 guy......honest, he is.
-
Reminds me of the scene in Moneyball when Billy Bean has traded away all the guys Art Howe insisted on starting over the guys Bean wanted to play.
-
And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.
RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard
-
And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.
RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard
And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.
RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard
I've been kinda thinkin' that Hilliard must have been showing a little something more than just PS ability that made Dorsey feel he could trade away Hyde and force some changes in RB use on HaleyHue, the undynamic duo.
-
And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.
RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard
And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.
RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard
this move is just as idiotic as it was yesterday, even after sleeping on it.
-
And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.
RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard
this move is just as idiotic as it was yesterday, even after sleeping on it.
this move is just as idiotic as it was yesterday, even after sleeping on it.
I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.
-
this move is just as idiotic as it was yesterday, even after sleeping on it.
I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.
I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.
oh i have no doubt chubb in the short term picks up hydes carries. Ic haley bowing to pressure and giving chubb the ball 50 times a game. Its just long run, we blew up the best rb room in the league for a 5th rounder
....?
-
this move is just as idiotic as it was yesterday, even after sleeping on it.
I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.
I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.
I totally agree. Looking back since Dorsey came here, his moves have exceeded my expectations & we are seeing firsthand how a winning FO operates. It's definitely different than we've seen in a LONG time. Let's see what happens.
Mike
-
I would wait to see how it works over the next 3-4 games before deciding it was good or bad. Especially if he finds a way to fix that WR depth problem too.
I totally agree. Looking back since Dorsey came here, his moves have exceeded my expectations & we are seeing firsthand how a winning FO operates. It's definitely different than we've seen in a LONG time. Let's see what happens.
Mike
I totally agree. Looking back since Dorsey came here, his moves have exceeded my expectations & we are seeing firsthand how a winning FO operates. It's definitely different than we've seen in a LONG time. Let's see what happens.
Mike
All I can say is "KC"!!
Now wouldn't we like to look like them a couple of years down the road? They are feared!!!!
-
I just hope our front office understands we're going to have yet another rookie at a key position. Rookie QB, CB, RB, LT, multiple WRs, and don't forget Kicker. That's a ton of youth at some pretty important places on the team. And rookie RBs tend to fumble, so I hope Chubb protects it.
-
And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.
RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard
And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.
RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard
Makes sense being that Chubb's pass pro consistency needs improvement to warrant 2/3 of the reps right now. Not only that, we're counting on inexperienced WRs and unemployed/practice squad WR types to help Mayfield so Duke's receiving skills and experience are needed. As it stands, 1/3 of the reps will be a pretty big increase in Chubb's work load. It'll be interesting to see if we can remain #5 overall in rushing.
-
I just hope our front office understands we're going to have yet another rookie at a key position. Rookie QB, CB, RB, LT, multiple WRs, and don't forget Kicker. That's a ton of youth at some pretty important places on the team. And rookie RBs tend to fumble, so I hope Chubb protects it.
I just hope our front office understands we're going to have yet another rookie at a key position. Rookie QB, CB, RB, LT, multiple WRs, and don't forget Kicker. That's a ton of youth at some pretty important places on the team. And rookie RBs tend to fumble, so I hope Chubb protects it.
Unfortunately that's the case, due in good part by the fact that (for example) the 2016 Browns draft produced two starters out of NINE picks the Browns had in Rounds 1-4. So much of that draft isn't even on the Browns anymore. The 2015 Browns draft produced one player (Duke Johnson) of the seven picks in Rounds 1-4 that is even on the roster anymore.
So drafts that would put players in their 3rd and 4th season, players that would be young but experienced, and CHEAP, have virtually little to no production for the 2018 Browns.
-
And for those talking about Chubb being the #1... here's the new depth chart.
RB - Duke Johnson Jr. - Nick Chubb - Dontrell Hilliard
Makes sense being that Chubb's pass pro consistency needs improvement to warrant 2/3 of the reps right now. Not only that, we're counting on inexperienced WRs and unemployed/practice squad WR types to help Mayfield so Duke's receiving skills and experience are needed. As it stands, 1/3 of the reps will be a pretty big increase in Chubb's work load. It'll be interesting to see if we can remain #5 overall in rushing.
Makes sense being that Chubb's pass pro consistency needs improvement to warrant 2/3 of the reps right now. Not only that, we're counting on inexperienced WRs and unemployed/practice squad WR types to help Mayfield so Duke's receiving skills and experience are needed. As it stands, 1/3 of the reps will be a pretty big increase in Chubb's work load. It'll be interesting to see if we can remain #5 overall in rushing.
I think we'll be ok as other Ds will have to respect Duke's receiving skills, which can also help our run game. We'll soon see.
Mike
-
I totally agree. Looking back since Dorsey came here, his moves have exceeded my expectations & we are seeing firsthand how a winning FO operates. It's definitely different than we've seen in a LONG time. Let's see what happens.
Mike
All I can say is "KC"!!
Now wouldn't we like to look like them a couple of years down the road? They are feared!!!!
All I can say is "KC"!!
Now wouldn't we like to look like them a couple of years down the road? They are feared!!!!
Does it bother anyone else though that as good of a job Dorsey did to build this current Chiefs team, the Chiefs still felt the need to get rid of him? Like, what was the story? What do we not know?
-
Still to piss't to even post here..It's like receiving a april fools gift
to get carried away by a bad witch in October.... Don't over think it Dorsey..This move could have waited till Monday.. Ya don't prepare, than make the trade to Jags on a Friday to please them..Good Luck Carlos!!
-
???
My feeling from the day Jimmy hired Dorsey was to suffocate every possible excuse Hue was given during 1-31 football moving forward. Who here really thinks a trigger happy owner really WANTED to keep a HC with a 1-31 record? In saying such a thing, here's my 2 cent blow hard...
The buddy-buddy stuff between Dorsey and Hue for all to see eliminates the "he didn't work with me" excuse. The "he didn't get me a reasonable QB for a #1 overall draft slot" can no longer be used as done with a #2 overall pick and a #1 overall pick plus a #12 scheduled. The "I never got a 3rd strike to swing at" can never be used. Best of all, Jimmy was so pressured from everywhere to give HCs more than 1-2 years in order for anything good to happen - that he now has John Dorsey in-house to be the bad cop that fires Hue when/if Hue swings and misses at the 3rd strike. When you get right down to it - Sashi only having 2 years of experience in his FO capacity was going to put Jimmy in the position of firing Hue if the 2018 left us with about 4 wins or so. I think that's the biggest reason it looked like ONLY Sashi got credit for 1-31 football.
My take will always be there's less ideal candidates available for upgrade if you knee-jerk the firing to take place during the regular season especially if the team is improved enough to have chance to win 5 of the 6 games at the end of regulation or during any of the 3 OTs. Not only that, we're either going to piss off Haley or Williams if we choose 1 over the other as Interim HC which could destroy the no quit attitude we've seen this year. If the season goes the way popular opinion thinks it will go - then Hue will get canned... I'm not one that can root against all our players for that to happen regardless of how much that makes me look like Hue's Dumb Lancelot.
-
I totally agree. Looking back since Dorsey came here, his moves have exceeded my expectations & we are seeing firsthand how a winning FO operates. It's definitely different than we've seen in a LONG time. Let's see what happens.
Mike
All I can say is "KC"!!
Now wouldn't we like to look like them a couple of years down the road? They are feared!!!!
All I can say is "KC"!!
Now wouldn't we like to look like them a couple of years down the road? They are feared!!!!
not their defense anymore. I dont care wut ur reg season record is, if ur defense gives up 40 pts ur prob not going far.
-
Having slept on it I find I'm still not in agreement with this decision.
Especially those who would cite Chubb's development. That's cool and all but this team should be focused first and foremost on Baker's development. Having a rookie HB with protection issues and as we last saw week, a QB an awkward ankle roll away from injury, only compounds the difficulty in bringing along a young QB.
I hope and pray Chubb is what Dorsey drafted him to be. But I do have my concerns...
-
All I can say is "KC"!!
Now wouldn't we like to look like them a couple of years down the road? They are feared!!!!
Does it bother anyone else though that as good of a job Dorsey did to build this current Chiefs team, the Chiefs still felt the need to get rid of him? Like, what was the story? What do we not know?
Does it bother anyone else though that as good of a job Dorsey did to build this current Chiefs team, the Chiefs still felt the need to get rid of him? Like, what was the story? What do we not know?
My guess is Andy Reid (once HC and FO guy in Philly) was promised similar powers in KC if he achieved the same success with turnaround in KC that had with Philly had coming off the worst record in the NFL in 98. I can't remember Philly's FO situation so I can only ask - didn't Banner get fired during Reid's tenure there? If so, didn't Reid's history repeat itself with Dorsey in KC? If not, you can't have 2 alphas in 1 FO and expect Kumbaya caliber teamwork.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login