Skip to content

As Cleveland Browns fans...

The Browns Board
100 19 2.4k
  • @hoorta said:

    ohhhh, I see he thinks us mods watch gay porn, should have deleted it....  

    Ghoolie rules: 

    1) no posting BS

    2) no cussing every 5th word

    3) no insulting Mods who are only trying to keep this Board 1\2 civil...  

    Or he will get banned Saturday through Monday...  

    To take off of a theme:    Ghoolie thinks that he is the Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious,    when in reality, he is Jar Jar Binks.  (don't let Z see this...he won't have a clue)

    @the-gipper said:

    To take off of a theme:    Ghoolie thinks that he is the Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious,    when in reality, he is Jar Jar Binks.  (don't let Z see this...he won't have a clue)

    Just for Zombo...  

    Image result for jar jar binks

  • Hoorta, I am happy to play fair, as long as you do. I didn t even know I was banned the last time. However, bro, stick to your rules.for EVERYONE. Be fair.

    I come.back after 3 days not posting, and my name is plastered over multiple threads and posts.

    Bro, dont you get tired of reading posts from guys like Dutch Oven, Mark and Mjp who quote me and then announce that they never read me?

    Come on dude, if you want to clean up the board then throw your helmet-to-helmet flag REGARDLESS pf who lowers their helmet.

    Be fair, then you won't.have a Ghoolie headache.

    Be fair bro, just be fair.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Dude, the team is 2 - 4 -1 and about to get their azzes kicked to go to 2 - 6 - 1 before the bye. The head coach just threw Dorsey's new OC under the bus. They are fun to watch? yeah, for fans of the opposing team. I know some people (mods) who like to watch gay porn, but that doesn't mean it is good. The Steelers will crush the Browns Sunday.

    And you will be banned from Sunday to Wednsday? 

    I see that I replied to your post before it could be deleted, which it was.   Your faith in the Steelers is your weakness.

    @the-gipper said:

    And you will be banned from Sunday to Wednsday? 

    I see that I replied to your post before it could be deleted, which it was.   Your faith in the Steelers is your weakness.

    i have to agree with ghoulie.......you need to start winning games...sure we have 2 more wins than last yr already....but it appears to look like another last place finish in the afc north....that is unacceptable....totally...i think jackson made some really bad calls this yr that cost us a game or two...the oc who i thought was going to be very good...is not.....my feeling is that this upcoming  game against the steelers is going to make or break jackson....we need to win this game...i don't know how, but he needs to pull this one out somehow....too many penalties...stupid playcalling...etc etc...how many regimes have we seen this same story....cmon jackson...get it together...

  • Hoorta, I am happy to play fair, as long as you do. I didn t even know I was banned the last time. However, bro, stick to your rules.for EVERYONE. Be fair.

    I come.back after 3 days not posting, and my name is plastered over multiple threads and posts.

    Bro, dont you get tired of reading posts from guys like Dutch Oven, Mark and Mjp who quote me and then announce that they never read me?

    Come on dude, if you want to clean up the board then throw your helmet-to-helmet flag REGARDLESS pf who lowers their helmet.

    Be fair, then you won't.have a Ghoolie headache.

    Be fair bro, just be fair.

    @ghoolie said:

    Bro, dont you get tired of reading posts from guys like Dutch Oven, Mark and Mjp who quote me and then announce that they never read me?

    This is the first time Ive quoted you in months.   I only read your posts so I can delete the bullshit garbage you constantly post here.   

    You're a troll who posts to get a reaction, nothing more...nothing less in my mind.   Not even worth my time to respond to you.  I'll go back to not quoting you and deleting your posts. 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    You didn’t burst anything. I would argue that your pessimism is not based in reality. I like what I’ve been seeing on the field, especially compared to the past two seasons, where I didn’t have the optimism to make an online post about my favorite team.

    This team is actually fun to watch now. 

    Fun? Try more like frustrating to watch. The Ghoul is more or less correct. The injuries to the DBs had the Bucs receivers running wide open Sunday for the most part. Our wrs aren't getting open, or when they are Baker didn't see them. He was forcing throws to a double covered Landry when he had Callaway with nary a defender in sight of him- twice. There's obvious tension in the coaching staff too- all a product of the pressure to win. Killing penalties- six first downs that way that resulted in a gift touchdown. That the Browns aren't showing discipline in that regard isn't a one game problem, it's been going on since Hue was the coach. You can't do much when it's first and 30.  🙁  

    @tour2ma said:

    Technically PFF's grades are not "stats"...

    Just sayin'...

    'cause you quoted he-who-shall-not-be-quoted...

    I didn't delete him- or the replies this time Tour- because you know who was being civil for a change, and just expressed an opinion. Some folks still think they can win a debate with him.... LOL, btw Saquon racked up 42 yards yesterday, and the 1-6 Giants are in the running (with their stud RB and OBJ) for the #1 overall pick. Manning was looking like a pinata back there, shades of Bernie in his later years...  Now about OL being dime a dozen....  

    @hoorta said:

    Fun? Try more like frustrating to watch.

    Our wrs aren't getting open, or when they are Baker didn't see them. He was forcing throws to a double covered Landry when he had Callaway with nary a defender in sight of him- twice.

    That the Browns aren't showing discipline in that regard isn't a one game problem, it's been going on since Hue was the coach. You can't do much when it's first and 30.  🙁  

    LOL, btw Saquon racked up 42 yards yesterday, and the 1-6 Giants are in the running (with their stud RB and OBJ) for the #1 overall pick. Manning was looking like a pinata back there.  

    Baker did not play well in the first half, I’ll give you that. However, in the second half he played like his job was on the line and he was on fire.

    Great pocket presence, got rid of the ball quickly, and with accuracy. He is still growing, coming out of Oklahoma U where he had a CLEAN POCKET almost every snap.

    Ya’ll can blame Hue for penalties all you want but a lot of these guys, like undrated ROOKIE Desmond Harrison, are ROOKIES and a lot of these holdings are completely unnecessary. (Maybe Browns need a better training camp refs, if that’s a thing)

    I choose to blame the playcaller, who called a double screen in OT which resulted in rookie Des Harrison holding in order to protect Baker. His other holding on a Nick Chubb run was boneheaded.

    Saquon is a hell of a player and will be for a long time, but I think the Giants should honestly trade him though. He probably has A LOT of value.

  • I'm taking my kids to the falcons game on 11/11. Their first browns game. It was either that or Kansas City. We have a decent chance to beat or at least look competitive with Atlanta so Atlanta it is. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm taking my kids to the falcons game on 11/11. Their first browns game. It was either that or Kansas City. We have a decent chance to beat or at least look competitive with Atlanta so Atlanta it is. 

    Have fun dude.  Buy them some hotdogs and cokes and make it memorable.  

  • Hoorta, I am happy to play fair, as long as you do. I didn t even know I was banned the last time. However, bro, stick to your rules.for EVERYONE. Be fair.

    I come.back after 3 days not posting, and my name is plastered over multiple threads and posts.

    Bro, dont you get tired of reading posts from guys like Dutch Oven, Mark and Mjp who quote me and then announce that they never read me?

    Come on dude, if you want to clean up the board then throw your helmet-to-helmet flag REGARDLESS pf who lowers their helmet.

    Be fair, then you won't.have a Ghoolie headache.

    Be fair bro, just be fair.

    @ghoolie said:

    Hoorta, I am happy to play fair, as long as you do. I didn t even know I was banned the last time. However, bro, stick to your rules.for EVERYONE. Be fair.

    I come.back after 3 days not posting, and my name is plastered over multiple threads and posts.

    Bro, dont you get tired of reading posts from guys like Dutch Oven, Mark and Mjp who quote me and then announce that they never read me?

    Come on dude, if you want to clean up the board then throw your helmet-to-helmet flag REGARDLESS pf who lowers their helmet.

    Be fair, then you won't.have a Ghoolie headache.

    Be fair bro, just be fair.

    LOL, you've made it pretty easy to be unfair base on past antics.  🙂   However, FYI-  I have deleted stuff that I consider personal attacks involving (and I hate to name names) between Dutch Oven and Die Hard Browns Fan.  I don't delete stuff out of hand just because I don't happen to agree with it. You can disagree all you want, and I'll have to be the judge of when anyone crosses that line being obnoxious about it. . 

    Some guys quote you- because of your contrarian view, and feel they have to respond. Debate is fine on the Board- to a point. There's a couple guys who have told me- they have you on ignore, and if someone responds they see your posts. And they're not too happy about it. 

  • @ghoolie said:

    Hoorta, I am happy to play fair, as long as you do. I didn t even know I was banned the last time. However, bro, stick to your rules.for EVERYONE. Be fair.

    I come.back after 3 days not posting, and my name is plastered over multiple threads and posts.

    Bro, dont you get tired of reading posts from guys like Dutch Oven, Mark and Mjp who quote me and then announce that they never read me?

    Come on dude, if you want to clean up the board then throw your helmet-to-helmet flag REGARDLESS pf who lowers their helmet.

    Be fair, then you won't.have a Ghoolie headache.

    Be fair bro, just be fair.

    LOL, you've made it pretty easy to be unfair base on past antics.  🙂   However, FYI-  I have deleted stuff that I consider personal attacks involving (and I hate to name names) between Dutch Oven and Die Hard Browns Fan.  I don't delete stuff out of hand just because I don't happen to agree with it. You can disagree all you want, and I'll have to be the judge of when anyone crosses that line being obnoxious about it. . 

    Some guys quote you- because of your contrarian view, and feel they have to respond. Debate is fine on the Board- to a point. There's a couple guys who have told me- they have you on ignore, and if someone responds they see your posts. And they're not too happy about it. 

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, you've made it pretty easy to be unfair base on past antics.  🙂   However, FYI-  I have deleted stuff that I consider personal attacks involving (and I hate to name names) between Dutch Oven and Die Hard Browns Fan.  I don't delete stuff out of hand just because I don't happen to agree with it. You can disagree all you want, and I'll have to be the judge of when anyone crosses that line being obnoxious about it. . 

    Some guys quote you- because of your contrarian view, and feel they have to respond. Debate is fine on the Board- to a point. There's a couple guys who have told me- they have you on ignore, and if someone responds they see your posts. And they're not too happy about it. 

    Like I said, bro, play fair, and it will come down 20 notches. Nobody has me on ignore, c'mon bro, we have been at this for almost 20 years now. But, you point about contrarian is a good one. Let's see if I can keep it contrarian and not aggressive, and likewise, you guys who hate my contrarian side, even though it is accurate a lot of the time, can also take it on the chin and not whine. 

    On a different note, this Hue thing is very interesting. You know my views on this, even though I think he is not a good coach. I think Hue now represents a bit of a sicial/political issue for Cleveland. Interesting year.

  • @hoorta said:

    LOL, you've made it pretty easy to be unfair base on past antics.  🙂   However, FYI-  I have deleted stuff that I consider personal attacks involving (and I hate to name names) between Dutch Oven and Die Hard Browns Fan.  I don't delete stuff out of hand just because I don't happen to agree with it. You can disagree all you want, and I'll have to be the judge of when anyone crosses that line being obnoxious about it. . 

    Some guys quote you- because of your contrarian view, and feel they have to respond. Debate is fine on the Board- to a point. There's a couple guys who have told me- they have you on ignore, and if someone responds they see your posts. And they're not too happy about it. 

    Like I said, bro, play fair, and it will come down 20 notches. Nobody has me on ignore, c'mon bro, we have been at this for almost 20 years now. But, you point about contrarian is a good one. Let's see if I can keep it contrarian and not aggressive, and likewise, you guys who hate my contrarian side, even though it is accurate a lot of the time, can also take it on the chin and not whine. 

    On a different note, this Hue thing is very interesting. You know my views on this, even though I think he is not a good coach. I think Hue now represents a bit of a sicial/political issue for Cleveland. Interesting year.

    @ghoolie said:

    Like I said, bro, play fair, and it will come down 20 notches. Nobody has me on ignore, c'mon bro, we have been at this for almost 20 years now. But, you point about contrarian is a good one. Let's see if I can keep it contrarian and not aggressive, and likewise, you guys who hate my contrarian side, even though it is accurate a lot of the time, can also take it on the chin and not whine. 

    On a different note, this Hue thing is very interesting. You know my views on this, even though I think he is not a good coach. I think Hue now represents a bit of a sicial/political issue for Cleveland. Interesting year.

    Local media has Huey on a death watch. It’s not if but when. End of season? This Sunday night seeems popular. Bye week? Hue will be outa the nfl before long. He never really did anything anywhere other than throw assistants under the bus. 

  • @ghoolie said:

    Like I said, bro, play fair, and it will come down 20 notches. Nobody has me on ignore, c'mon bro, we have been at this for almost 20 years now. But, you point about contrarian is a good one. Let's see if I can keep it contrarian and not aggressive, and likewise, you guys who hate my contrarian side, even though it is accurate a lot of the time, can also take it on the chin and not whine. 

    On a different note, this Hue thing is very interesting. You know my views on this, even though I think he is not a good coach. I think Hue now represents a bit of a sicial/political issue for Cleveland. Interesting year.

    Local media has Huey on a death watch. It’s not if but when. End of season? This Sunday night seeems popular. Bye week? Hue will be outa the nfl before long. He never really did anything anywhere other than throw assistants under the bus. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Local media has Huey on a death watch. It’s not if but when. End of season? This Sunday night seeems popular. Bye week? Hue will be outa the nfl before long. He never really did anything anywhere other than throw assistants under the bus. 

    The death watch ended when Dorsey took away Hyde from him and forced him to play Chubb. You can bet JimmyDee gave their full blessing. Hue is a goner.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Local media has Huey on a death watch. It’s not if but when. End of season? This Sunday night seeems popular. Bye week? Hue will be outa the nfl before long. He never really did anything anywhere other than throw assistants under the bus. 

    The death watch ended when Dorsey took away Hyde from him and forced him to play Chubb. You can bet JimmyDee gave their full blessing. Hue is a goner.

    @texasag1969 said:

    The death watch ended when Dorsey took away Hyde from him and forced him to play Chubb. You can bet JimmyDee gave their full blessing. Hue is a goner.

    That isn’t the reason. Dorsey brought in Hyde before the draft. He became expendable after picking Chubb. Hue is getting fired for his record as head coach. Historically the worst ever. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    The death watch ended when Dorsey took away Hyde from him and forced him to play Chubb. You can bet JimmyDee gave their full blessing. Hue is a goner.

    That isn’t the reason. Dorsey brought in Hyde before the draft. He became expendable after picking Chubb. Hue is getting fired for his record as head coach. Historically the worst ever. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    That isn’t the reason. Dorsey brought in Hyde before the draft. He became expendable after picking Chubb. Hue is getting fired for his record as head coach. Historically the worst ever. 

    Chubb was horribly underutilized. How do you cure that? Don't wait for the end of the season to ditch Hyde. Trade him off while he has some value to someone and you fix the underutilization problem at the same time.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    That isn’t the reason. Dorsey brought in Hyde before the draft. He became expendable after picking Chubb. Hue is getting fired for his record as head coach. Historically the worst ever. 

    Chubb was horribly underutilized. How do you cure that? Don't wait for the end of the season to ditch Hyde. Trade him off while he has some value to someone and you fix the underutilization problem at the same time.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Chubb was horribly underutilized. How do you cure that? Don't wait for the end of the season to ditch Hyde. Trade him off while he has some value to someone and you fix the underutilization problem at the same time.

    Sure, because of horrible coaching. Kinda like, they don’t need practice, they might get hurt. Then get killed because of lousy fundamental football. You can’t keep an edge without honing it.

  • @hoorta said:

    LOL, you've made it pretty easy to be unfair base on past antics.  🙂   However, FYI-  I have deleted stuff that I consider personal attacks involving (and I hate to name names) between Dutch Oven and Die Hard Browns Fan.  I don't delete stuff out of hand just because I don't happen to agree with it. You can disagree all you want, and I'll have to be the judge of when anyone crosses that line being obnoxious about it. . 

    Some guys quote you- because of your contrarian view, and feel they have to respond. Debate is fine on the Board- to a point. There's a couple guys who have told me- they have you on ignore, and if someone responds they see your posts. And they're not too happy about it. 

    Like I said, bro, play fair, and it will come down 20 notches. Nobody has me on ignore, c'mon bro, we have been at this for almost 20 years now. But, you point about contrarian is a good one. Let's see if I can keep it contrarian and not aggressive, and likewise, you guys who hate my contrarian side, even though it is accurate a lot of the time, can also take it on the chin and not whine. 

    On a different note, this Hue thing is very interesting. You know my views on this, even though I think he is not a good coach. I think Hue now represents a bit of a sicial/political issue for Cleveland. Interesting year.

    @ghoolie said:

    Like I said, bro, play fair, and it will come down 20 notches. Nobody has me on ignore, c'mon bro, we have been at this for almost 20 years now. But, you point about contrarian is a good one. Let's see if I can keep it contrarian and not aggressive, and likewise, you guys who hate my contrarian side, even though it is accurate a lot of the time, can also take it on the chin and not whine. 

    On a different note, this Hue thing is very interesting. You know my views on this, even though I think he is not a good coach. I think Hue now represents a bit of a sicial/political issue for Cleveland. Interesting year.

    I don't think the issue with with Hue is political at all.  Maybe you see race in just about everything, I don't.   I think this is just Jimmy being gun shy about firing yet another incompetent HC in light of accusations that he has been to quick on the trigger to get rid of his coaches. He doesn't want to get labeled again with the old "he is promoting instability" charge.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Like I said, bro, play fair, and it will come down 20 notches. Nobody has me on ignore, c'mon bro, we have been at this for almost 20 years now. But, you point about contrarian is a good one. Let's see if I can keep it contrarian and not aggressive, and likewise, you guys who hate my contrarian side, even though it is accurate a lot of the time, can also take it on the chin and not whine. 

    On a different note, this Hue thing is very interesting. You know my views on this, even though I think he is not a good coach. I think Hue now represents a bit of a sicial/political issue for Cleveland. Interesting year.

    I don't think the issue with with Hue is political at all.  Maybe you see race in just about everything, I don't.   I think this is just Jimmy being gun shy about firing yet another incompetent HC in light of accusations that he has been to quick on the trigger to get rid of his coaches. He doesn't want to get labeled again with the old "he is promoting instability" charge.

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think the issue with with Hue is political at all.  Maybe you see race in just about everything, I don't.   I think this is just Jimmy being gun shy about firing yet another incompetent HC in light of accusations that he has been to quick on the trigger to get rid of his coaches. He doesn't want to get labeled again with the old "he is promoting instability" charge.

    Incompetent? Interesting.. it’s funny because a well respected player like Chad Johnson has placed a 1000$ bet on the Browns this week, claiming “I have faith in Hue” 

    as a HC, he has the most difficult job in all of American sports, IMO

    @texasag1969 said:

    The death watch ended when Dorsey took away Hyde from him and forced him to play Chubb. You can bet JimmyDee gave their full blessing. Hue is a goner.

    Hyde was a good player but even fans around me(Chargers game) noticed he wasn’t hitting the hole very hard. 

    From the looks of things, Chubb is FAST, strong, and instinctive. Dorsey may have hit another home run with #24, time will tell.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    That isn’t the reason. Dorsey brought in Hyde before the draft. He became expendable after picking Chubb. Hue is getting fired for his record as head coach. Historically the worst ever. 

    Chubb was horribly underutilized. How do you cure that? Don't wait for the end of the season to ditch Hyde. Trade him off while he has some value to someone and you fix the underutilization problem at the same time.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Chubb was horribly underutilized. How do you cure that? Don't wait for the end of the season to ditch Hyde. Trade him off while he has some value to someone and you fix the underutilization problem at the same time.

    My only gripe Tex is yeah, we can now utilize Chubb, (looked OK last Sunday) but at the expense of depth. He better not get hurt.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't think the issue with with Hue is political at all.  Maybe you see race in just about everything, I don't.   I think this is just Jimmy being gun shy about firing yet another incompetent HC in light of accusations that he has been to quick on the trigger to get rid of his coaches. He doesn't want to get labeled again with the old "he is promoting instability" charge.

    Incompetent? Interesting.. it’s funny because a well respected player like Chad Johnson has placed a 1000$ bet on the Browns this week, claiming “I have faith in Hue” 

    as a HC, he has the most difficult job in all of American sports, IMO

    @texasag1969 said:

    The death watch ended when Dorsey took away Hyde from him and forced him to play Chubb. You can bet JimmyDee gave their full blessing. Hue is a goner.

    Hyde was a good player but even fans around me(Chargers game) noticed he wasn’t hitting the hole very hard. 

    From the looks of things, Chubb is FAST, strong, and instinctive. Dorsey may have hit another home run with #24, time will tell.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Incompetent? Interesting.. it’s funny because a well respected player like Chad Johnson has placed a 1000$ bet on the Browns this week, claiming “I have faith in Hue” 

    as a HC, he has the most difficult job in all of American sports, IMO

    Hardly.  He has a soft job here as far as media scrutiny, fan scrutiny, owner scrutiny. In most other markets he would have already been crucified, literally. Yes....strung up by the balls.   The Browns HC job is a cake job.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Like I said, bro, play fair, and it will come down 20 notches. Nobody has me on ignore, c'mon bro, we have been at this for almost 20 years now. But, you point about contrarian is a good one. Let's see if I can keep it contrarian and not aggressive, and likewise, you guys who hate my contrarian side, even though it is accurate a lot of the time, can also take it on the chin and not whine. 

    On a different note, this Hue thing is very interesting. You know my views on this, even though I think he is not a good coach. I think Hue now represents a bit of a sicial/political issue for Cleveland. Interesting year.

    I don't think the issue with with Hue is political at all.  Maybe you see race in just about everything, I don't.   I think this is just Jimmy being gun shy about firing yet another incompetent HC in light of accusations that he has been to quick on the trigger to get rid of his coaches. He doesn't want to get labeled again with the old "he is promoting instability" charge.

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think the issue with with Hue is political at all.  Maybe you see race in just about everything, I don't.   I think this is just Jimmy being gun shy about firing yet another incompetent HC in light of accusations that he has been to quick on the trigger to get rid of his coaches. He doesn't want to get labeled again with the old "he is promoting instability" charge.

    Everything in corporate America is political, bro. You don't even have to have experience as a CEO or corporate executive to know this. You don't think Nike taking on Kaeperdick was political? Dude, corporations are run 99% by demographics, politics, social media and statistics who carefully weigh out the financial upside and downside to every decision they make. Honestly, you are allowing the opium high you get from being a dan cloud your judicial common sense. Your position on this is illogical. It makes no sense.

    If indeed the driving force here is that Haslam does not want the fallout of again firing a head coach too soon? Ah...#1.....isn't THAT political? Of course, it is. He puts the team second because he doesn't' want the fallout. SO you see, Gip, right out of the box you are acknowledging that I am CORRECTAMUNDO, That the decision not to fire Hue is NOT about football, but about some outside, social/political reason. Of course, I am correct on this discussion, It is just you want to limit what you think is political and what isn't.

    Gip, if Haslam was looking for the right time to fire Hue, the time in which nobody could question him, 1 - 31, after 0 - 16 was the best justification Haslam could ever have. In fact, he will NEVER have that circumstance again. Hue is now 2-4-1 and 4-5 wins is not a stretch. You have already agreed with me that Haslam is motivated NOT by performance but by public opinion, and I agree with you, but for many more reasons than you care to face or admit. Be that as it may, if Haz didn't fire Hue at 0 - 31 because of those outside political pressures, he sure as hell is not going to fire the guy after he improves to 5- 10 - 1. Dude, it just ain't gonna happen. Even YOU, I believe at the beginning of the year did not expect playoffs and felt a 5 win or better season would be a decent improvement.

    When you say i see race in just about everything, you are incorrect. In my personal life, being raised in a hood, by Ukrainians who were persecuted themselves, I don't see race. HOWEVER.......... the difference in you and me is, I RECOGNIZE how race has been elevated today into EVERYTHING. You are too liberal and easy in your football life. You believe all is one big happy family and the NFL and world are full of good folks who have transcended race. But this is a lie. I have heard many times in the media, the word BLACK used to describe Romeo, Hue, Lewis and more. In totally innocuous football reports, the topic of "black coaches" has been interjected into the conversation. You may not like it, and frankly, I don't either, but the reality is race IS more of a hot topic now than at any time since MLK. Sickeningly so, because many, in marketing and politics use it to further their agenda.

    I can tell you first hand, absolutely, Hue being black emphatically does come into the works of his job security with Cleveland. I am not saying he was hired because he was black, I am nto saying he is still employed because he is black, HOWEVER................... if you do not think that Hue being black does not come into play when his overall staus as HC is batter around, then I believe you are not in touch with reality. THe NFL LOVES using race to promote itself. As do many others.

  • I think it is more you and your ilk than anyone else who has race on his mind.  Now, don't get me wrong, race is very much a factor in much of what goes on in this country....and it is even more exasperated by a race baiter like Trump (whose racism has caused race to be a factor)   but the fact is, some people want to see race as the be all end all of everything...when in fact it may not be. So, I think it is you that is not in touch with reality.  I don't think that Hue being black comes into play into why he is here.  I think you want that to be the case, but that is not the case. 

    I am not saying you are off base on the whole marketing thing or on the  NFLs awareness of race.  I am just saying that it is NOT always what everything is about. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Chubb was horribly underutilized. How do you cure that? Don't wait for the end of the season to ditch Hyde. Trade him off while he has some value to someone and you fix the underutilization problem at the same time.

    My only gripe Tex is yeah, we can now utilize Chubb, (looked OK last Sunday) but at the expense of depth. He better not get hurt.  

    @hoorta said:

    My only gripe Tex is yeah, we can now utilize Chubb, (looked OK last Sunday) but at the expense of depth. He better not get hurt.  

    Or else what? We win one less game?