Skip to content

Please Not McDaniels

The Browns Board
65 25 1.6k
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Josh was not GM, but he directly had a hand in dismantling that team in favor of his own guy that first off-season.  Which lead to Cutler demanding a trade because apparently McDaniels is the one pooper more insufferable than Jay Shmucking Cutler.                            That guy McD wanted ended up being Tebow, by the way.  

    I’m sure a lot of this fan base probably wanted Tebow at one point, too

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I’m sure a lot of this fan base probably wanted Tebow at one point, too

    I never claimed the bulk of this fan base was intelligent.   Remember we had a great deal of people cheer for Manziel when picked.  

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I’m sure a lot of this fan base probably wanted Tebow at one point, too

    I never claimed the bulk of this fan base was intelligent.   Remember we had a great deal of people cheer for Manziel when picked.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    I never claimed the bulk of this fan base was intelligent.   Remember we had a great deal of people cheer for Manziel when picked.  

    We just needed a QB so bad for so long our fan base would’ve cheered for any guy picked and Manziel appeared to be the most talented at the time.

    This year, I figured it to be Darnold and I liked Josh Rosen’s arm a lot. That being said, I trusted Dorsey with Mayfield and especially after Kirk Herbstreit predicted the Browns would take Mayfield.

    All of the QB prospects seemed to have a high ceiling this year, each in their own way.

  • NFL Network's Ian Rapoport named Patriots OC Josh McDaniels as a potential candidate for the Browns' head-coaching vacancy.

    McDaniels is one of several candidates the Browns are considering. Per Rapoport, the Browns could also pursue Baker Mayfield's college coach Lincoln Riley (Rapsheet believes Riley will draw interest from multiple teams) as well as current Packers coach Mike McCarthy and Vikings OC John DeFilippo, who once served as Cleveland's offensive coordinator. Despite leaving Indianapolis at the altar last offseason, McDaniels is reportedly "open to head-coaching opportunities." Until the Browns find a permanent solution, coaching responsibilities will fall in the hands of defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.

    @beare said:

    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport named Patriots OC Josh McDaniels as a potential candidate for the Browns' head-coaching vacancy.

    McDaniels is one of several candidates the Browns are considering. Per Rapoport, the Browns could also pursue Baker Mayfield's college coach Lincoln Riley (Rapsheet believes Riley will draw interest from multiple teams) as well as current Packers coach Mike McCarthy and Vikings OC John DeFilippo, who once served as Cleveland's offensive coordinator. Despite leaving Indianapolis at the altar last offseason, McDaniels is reportedly "open to head-coaching opportunities." Until the Browns find a permanent solution, coaching responsibilities will fall in the hands of defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.

    Nah- after his antics screwing Indy- What's the public service announcement with the Pirate and the parrot?  "AWK- He can't be trusted".  

  • @tour2ma said:

    Since his Cleveland staff has Bill produced a successful HC? Other than O'Brien, who seems to have righted himself in HOU, I can't think of one. The problem is not their command of "X's and O's"... 

    would Jim Schwartz DC at Eagles qualify? Was Schwartz not with Bill at Cleveland? i've read Jim maybe a fix in TB to build a defense.. Would not surprise me if Gregg takes a interview there also..

    @gumby73 said:

    would Jim Schwartz DC at Eagles qualify? Was Schwartz not with Bill at Cleveland? i've read Jim maybe a fix in TB to build a defense.. Would not surprise me if Gregg takes a interview there also..

    When I said, "Since his Cleveland staff...", the exception I had in mind was Saban. While there are others, Schwartz would not be among them. The Lions won just over a third of their games with Jim as their HC.

    @tiamat63 said:

    That guy McD wanted ended up being Tebow, by the way. 

    I'd forgotten that.

    Still... of all the reasons to be anti-Josh, having a hand in ditching Cutler would not be one that I'd list.

  • That sounds like a real vanilla report to fill dead air. Dorsey has some clues as to who he wants to be head coach next season. And he’s most likely gonna keep a tight lid on it till the end of this season

  • I keep hearing "bring in a coach that appeals to Bakers game". The photo "yuk' in my mind always comes up Adam Case 😕.. Come on Gregg Williams!! Win some games.. 

  • My top 5 choices .....but that can change

    1) Lincoln Riley

    2) John DeFilippo

    3) Dave Toub

    4) David Shaw

    5) Dan Campbell

  • My top 5 choices .....but that can change

    1) Lincoln Riley

    2) John DeFilippo

    3) Dave Toub

    4) David Shaw

    5) Dan Campbell

    @darren15 said:

    My top 5 choices .....but that can change

    1) Lincoln Riley

    2) John DeFilippo

    3) Dave Toub

    4) David Shaw

    5) Dan Campbell

    Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

    FHrZem6.jpg

  • Defilippo is by far my favorite.

    Then Schwatz

    Then Carmichael New Orleans OC

  • Hell yes to Josh McDaniels, all day every day. Get him Dorsey!

  • I'll toss my hat into the ring for Eric Bieniemy.

  • I think Pat Shurmur might be available come the end of the season... ?

  • Eric M. Bieniemy or deflippo be my top 2 choice with a strong d cord.

  • Munchak

  • This I’m sure it’s going to be someone that Dorsey has been with somewhere.  Probably McCarthy but I ask will he work.  Riders only works there because the line gives him time to run around and throw trash up after 10 seconds after the db’s get tired and his wr get space.  I still think whom ever they get has to tool the team around what baker does best slants quick outs and seam patterns 

  • This I’m sure it’s going to be someone that Dorsey has been with somewhere.  Probably McCarthy but I ask will he work.  Riders only works there because the line gives him time to run around and throw trash up after 10 seconds after the db’s get tired and his wr get space.  I still think whom ever they get has to tool the team around what baker does best slants quick outs and seam patterns 

    @babernakle said:

     Riders only works there because the line gives him time to run around...

    Of course the reason he runs around is because he runs out of time...

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'll toss my hat into the ring for Eric Bieniemy.

    Pretty sure you have to toss his hat, not yours...

    Does appear that he did call plays yesterday. When did Andy turn over playcalling to him?

  • @babernakle said:

     Riders only works there because the line gives him time to run around...

    Of course the reason he runs around is because he runs out of time...

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'll toss my hat into the ring for Eric Bieniemy.

    Pretty sure you have to toss his hat, not yours...

    Does appear that he did call plays yesterday. When did Andy turn over playcalling to him?

    @tour2ma said:

    Of course the reason he runs around is because he runs out of time...

    Pretty sure you have to toss his hat, not yours...

    Does appear that he did call plays yesterday. When did Andy turn over playcalling to him?

    Either way I'm tossing 'A' hat.  

    Not sure when the Old coach turned it over but ever since the start of that 2nd half against New England they've been on a tear.  Going to dig a little deeper on that one.   

  • I'm going with Bruce Arians.  I know he wants the job.  

  • I'm going with Bruce Arians.  I know he wants the job.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm going with Bruce Arians.  I know he wants the job.  

    Well, unless you want this to happen, I'm gonna say no.

    giphy.gif

  • I'm going with Bruce Arians.  I know he wants the job.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm going with Bruce Arians.  I know he wants the job.  

    You must be clairvoyant. . .

    7A089FDA-8F14-4128-814E-136A3CF82183.png