Skip to content

McCarthy?

The Browns Board
89 36 3.4k 1
  • If the team keeps responding to this coaching staff the way it has been..... you stand pat. Sheesh! Only a damn fool would blow up a winning combination. Dorsey reminds me of anything but. 

  • I wonder how many head coaches would be interested in the job if the conditions of the hire are that the OC and DC remain in their posts ......basically not allowing new HC to make staff appointments in those positions ...... would leaving Kitchens and Williams as coordinators be a deal breaker for most coaches ?

  • I wonder how many head coaches would be interested in the job if the conditions of the hire are that the OC and DC remain in their posts ......basically not allowing new HC to make staff appointments in those positions ...... would leaving Kitchens and Williams as coordinators be a deal breaker for most coaches ?

    @darren15 said:

    I wonder how many head coaches would be interested in the job if the conditions of the hire are that the OC and DC remain in their posts ......basically not allowing new HC to make staff appointments in those positions ...... would leaving Kitchens and Williams as coordinators be a deal breaker for most coaches ?

    Yes. 

    Only a guy desperate to get a head coaching gig would accept those conditions, unless by some weird coincidence the candidate has prior work experience with both and would be fine with having them in those positions. 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Urban Meyer? If he ever comes to the NFL, this seems like a really good opportunity...

    Is he a Browns fan?

    Have you actually watched him on the sideline this season?

    Dude might have to give up coaching for good. He's a mess medically. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Have you actually watched him on the sideline this season?

    Dude might have to give up coaching for good. He's a mess medically. 

    ? He meant well anyway.    But yeah, the solution to severe head aches from an inoperable tumor is not the Head Coach position for the Cleveland Browns.   Having said that, whoever does have that position when this franchise starts winning again will represent the closest thing we've seen to anybody walking on water.  Stay tuned...

  • I wonder how many head coaches would be interested in the job if the conditions of the hire are that the OC and DC remain in their posts ......basically not allowing new HC to make staff appointments in those positions ...... would leaving Kitchens and Williams as coordinators be a deal breaker for most coaches ?

    @darren15 said:

    I wonder how many head coaches would be interested in the job if the conditions of the hire are that the OC and DC remain in their posts ......basically not allowing new HC to make staff appointments in those positions ...... would leaving Kitchens and Williams as coordinators be a deal breaker for most coaches ?

    If we complete the next 5 games with a consensus feeling that Kitchens and WILL-I-AMs are GOTTA KEEP,  the only thing we're prolly losing is the word "Interim" in front of the "Head Coach" title.  I've been wrong before though...

    New coaches, new systems, and new philosophies won't seem compatible with progress we're seeing.  When is the last time we've seen a rookie QB put together a 3 week period like Baker has?   And when have we had a defense that has had us leading the turnover differential for the length of time this team has done it before slipping to #2 overall?  Throwing out the staff - will undoubtedly have us purging out guys that we're progressing as keepers and creating way more turnover than necessary.  We've seen this sequel enough times to know exactly how it ends. 

  • Just fired by the Green Bay Packers

  • Please. Please. NO

  • Please. Please. NO

    @londonbrown said:

    Please. Please. NO

    I agree with you.

  • That's another team looking for a HC, GB is always an attractive option for any HC as well, not ideal

  • McCarthy is heading to Cleveland, bank on it. 

  • McCarthy is heading to Cleveland, bank on it. 

    @vikingdawg said:

    McCarthy is heading to Cleveland, bank on it. 

    Then I just may be heading on out...... 

  • He’s better then any coach the Browns have had since 1999

  • He’s better then any coach the Browns have had since 1999

    @browns149 said:

    He’s better then any coach the Browns have had since 1999

    He is better then any coach the Browns have had since Paul Brown. 

  • @browns149 said:

    He’s better then any coach the Browns have had since 1999

    He is better then any coach the Browns have had since Paul Brown. 

    @vikingdawg said:

    He is better then any coach the Browns have had since Paul Brown. 

    Very true

  • @browns149 said:

    He’s better then any coach the Browns have had since 1999

    He is better then any coach the Browns have had since Paul Brown. 

    @vikingdawg said:

    He is better then any coach the Browns have had since Paul Brown. 

    Let's not sleep on Blanton Collier, but I don't get all the "OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOT MIKE MCCARTHY!" I'm seeing from Browns fans. 

    The Browns could do much worse than Mike McCarthy. 

  • He’s shown all year how out of date he is. 

    The NFL has moved on from the likes of Mike McCarthy. 

  • Sorry if this has been beaten to death.  If so, I hope the Administer pulls this post or - at least - merges with an ongoing dialogue.

    Who will be the next Browns' coach?

    Although it seems that the current guy has a good chance of getting the full-time gig, Dorsey has lots of contacts across the league (Green Bay, Seattle, Kansas City).

    Given his success with putting points on the board - i.e. giving Mayfield what he needs to become a premier NFL QB - his experience in cold weather, AND his Green Bay roots with Dorsey), I believe Mike McCarthy will be given strong consideration for the HC position.

    Opening up myself to lost of criticisms, etc. I state the Mike McCarthy - assuming he leaves GB - should be the next Browns HC.

    Let's start (or continue) a discussion.

    @chicopee-john said:

    Sorry if this has been beaten to death.  If so, I hope the Administer pulls this post or - at least - merges with an ongoing dialogue.

    Who will be the next Browns' coach?

    Although it seems that the current guy has a good chance of getting the full-time gig, Dorsey has lots of contacts across the league (Green Bay, Seattle, Kansas City).

    Given his success with putting points on the board - i.e. giving Mayfield what he needs to become a premier NFL QB - his experience in cold weather, AND his Green Bay roots with Dorsey), I believe Mike McCarthy will be given strong consideration for the HC position.

    Opening up myself to lost of criticisms, etc. I state the Mike McCarthy - assuming he leaves GB - should be the next Browns HC.

    Let's start (or continue) a discussion.

    I don't know if you're joking or being serious. McCarthy moves at too slow a pace like others said. He can't even set Rodgers up for success, and he's one of the best QB's of his generation. I'd take Gregg Williams 10/10 times over McCarthy.

  • I do wonder (and I don't know if it happened) if the "the game has passed him by" argument was used against Andy Reid at the end of his run in Philly… If I recall it seemed to be more of a "things have gotten stale" situation. 

  • I do wonder (and I don't know if it happened) if the "the game has passed him by" argument was used against Andy Reid at the end of his run in Philly… If I recall it seemed to be more of a "things have gotten stale" situation. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I do wonder (and I don't know if it happened) if the "the game has passed him by" argument was used against Andy Reid at the end of his run in Philly… If I recall it seemed to be more of a "things have gotten stale" situation. 

    There's always some of that even after his great run:  https://insidetheiggles.com/2016/12/26/decision-fire-andy-reid-four-years-later/

    .......Reid went 130-93-1 as the Eagles’ coach, but for all of his accomplishments, there were some questionable moments. There was the “Dream Team” debacle. That wasn’t completely his fault, but many throw much of the blame for that in Reid’s lap. Other decisions led some to wonder if he had lost it completely....... READ ON