Skip to content

McCarthy?

The Browns Board
89 36 3.4k 1
  • @browns149 said:

    He’s better then any coach the Browns have had since 1999

    That is a pretty low bar. He won a lot of games with Aaron Rodgers at QB. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @logicisforsquares said:

    That is a pretty low bar. He won a lot of games with Aaron Rodgers at QB. 

    Aaron Rodgers won ALL his games with the same head coach. 

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    That is a pretty low bar. He won a lot of games with Aaron Rodgers at QB. 

    Aaron Rodgers won ALL his games with the same head coach. 

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @browns149 said:

    Aaron Rodgers won ALL his games with the same head coach. 

    The same QB that is complaining about the coach holding the team back. The coach who is jobless.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #55

    Also, hell no to Lincoln Riley. I am not keen on having the Browns be the first dip in the water for a college coach with no NFL experience. 

  • @browns149 said:

    Aaron Rodgers won ALL his games with the same head coach. 

    The same QB that is complaining about the coach holding the team back. The coach who is jobless.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @logicisforsquares said:

    The same QB that is complaining about the coach holding the team back. The coach who is jobless.

    There is the problem.  The player is more important than the coach 

    Now a days. That’s how it is

    Back in the  day it was Lombardi, Shula, Landry, Brown.  Way before Starr, Greise, Staubach, Graham

    Now the player has the money, commercials, and the owners ear

    And the coach better go along or he’s gone

    Except for NE

  • @baconhound said:

    I'd love to see Lincoln Riley and keep Gregg Williams as D Coordinator.

    I'm starting to have some doubts about Williams as DC. 

    Do you want him to stay for continuity sake or do you like the job he's done as DC? 

    R Realplayer wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm starting to have some doubts about Williams as DC. 

    Do you want him to stay for continuity sake or do you like the job he's done as DC? 

    Same. I like he got the D gets takeaways but I don't think he's the guy who can take the D to an elite level. CLE doesn't stop the pass or run at a high level under him and you have to be great atleast at one to be a legit defense especially pass since passing numbers are crazy these days. 

    He's a likable person but I'll take results with a new guy versus keeping a guy because I like his personality.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #58

    It is hard for me to warm up to McCarthy.  I am hoping for something a little fresher.

  • rcr81R rcr81 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Their issue is chemistry, they've lost it, and one has to go....could you imagine the fan base reaction if they got rid of Rodgers?  Nothing wrong with McCarthy.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #60

    Browns Daily reported yesterday that Sam Wyche Tweeted or wrote that McCarthy will NOT be coaching the Browns.  I'm not sure where he got his info from, and they didn't divulge, but it's music to my ears.  I just finished listening to Gregg Williams' press conference, and I remain impressed.  I've never really listened to coach's pressers before, but I always listen to every single one of his.  I enjoy what he has to say, and while he doesn't pull any punches, he's always respectful and polite.  I'm starting to turn into a Gregg Williams believers, and I can see why players seem to like playing for him.  I really hope we get back to winning this weekend, and I think we actually will.  

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #61

    Urban Meyer “retires” .....

  • Urban Meyer “retires” .....

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Urban Meyer “retires” .....

    I thought you were kidding. Urban really is retiring after the Rose Bowl. He's made enough in his coaching career to retire to broadcasting.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Urban Meyer “retires” .....

    I thought you were kidding. Urban really is retiring after the Rose Bowl. He's made enough in his coaching career to retire to broadcasting.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @hoorta said:

    I thought you were kidding. Urban really is retiring after the Rose Bowl. He's made enough in his coaching career to retire to broadcasting.

    He did it before.

    Lord knows though he's made enough to retire several times over......it's not the money. Will he return? Maybe, maybe not.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #64

    Back to mccarthy, i wouldnt be horribly against it. Is he a def or offense guy? If he was offense and had a good deal to do with overseeing the passing game.....im all for it.

  • Back to mccarthy, i wouldnt be horribly against it. Is he a def or offense guy? If he was offense and had a good deal to do with overseeing the passing game.....im all for it.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @clevfan4life said:

    Back to mccarthy, i wouldnt be horribly against it. Is he a def or offense guy? If he was offense and had a good deal to do with overseeing the passing game.....im all for it.

    Might be one of the better oprions out there.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #66

    A homeless person just advised Haslam to hire McCarthy...........

  • @chicopee-john said:

    Would you like him better, London, if he didn't have an Irish surname?

    PS Who is your favorite Premier League team?

    Lol no

    Tottenham 

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @londonbrown said:

    Lol no

    Tottenham 

    OK I am watching the City documentary on Netflix and - since then - watch them.  A NY station replays all their games on Tuesday.

    Of course, some teams - like City - have $$$Billions to spend.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Urban Meyer “retires” .....

    I thought you were kidding. Urban really is retiring after the Rose Bowl. He's made enough in his coaching career to retire to broadcasting.

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @hoorta said:

    I thought you were kidding. Urban really is retiring after the Rose Bowl. He's made enough in his coaching career to retire to broadcasting.

    Some of the $$ he even earned honestly.  In his very distant past of course.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Urban Meyer “retires” .....

    I thought you were kidding. Urban really is retiring after the Rose Bowl. He's made enough in his coaching career to retire to broadcasting.

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @hoorta said:

    I thought you were kidding. Urban really is retiring after the Rose Bowl. He's made enough in his coaching career to retire to broadcasting.

    Yea he is rich, but it ain’t always about $$.

    I’m really just wishful thinking. I’ll admit I am homering out because my grandma’s cottage is in Ashtabula.

    When I originally posted about Meyer, I was posing the question:

    Is he a Browns fan?

    I’d take Meyer to coach this young team for the next 3-5 years. 

  • @hoorta said:

    I thought you were kidding. Urban really is retiring after the Rose Bowl. He's made enough in his coaching career to retire to broadcasting.

    Yea he is rich, but it ain’t always about $$.

    I’m really just wishful thinking. I’ll admit I am homering out because my grandma’s cottage is in Ashtabula.

    When I originally posted about Meyer, I was posing the question:

    Is he a Browns fan?

    I’d take Meyer to coach this young team for the next 3-5 years. 

    OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by OldBrownsFan
    #70

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Yea he is rich, but it ain’t always about $$.

    I’m really just wishful thinking. I’ll admit I am homering out because my grandma’s cottage is in Ashtabula.

    When I originally posted about Meyer, I was posing the question:

    Is he a Browns fan?

    I’d take Meyer to coach this young team for the next 3-5 years. 

    Meyer has a brain cyst that causes severe migraines under stress. I can understand why he is retiring but as an Ohio State fan I hate to see him leave.  Barring some medical breakthrough I doubt if he coaches again but my guess is he will probably work a less stressful job behind a microphone in the future.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Lol no

    Tottenham 

    OK I am watching the City documentary on Netflix and - since then - watch them.  A NY station replays all their games on Tuesday.

    Of course, some teams - like City - have $$$Billions to spend.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #71

    @chicopee-john said:

    OK I am watching the City documentary on Netflix and - since then - watch them.  A NY station replays all their games on Tuesday.

    Of course, some teams - like City - have $$$Billions to spend.

    They’re more of a mafia than a football club. They’re owned by a state the UAE and have circumvented all the fair play rules to ensure they stay at the top. See investigation below  

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346-amp.html

    My club only really spends the money the club earns itself and has a team made up of mainly young English players. We’ve been very good for a few years but can never compete with the likes of Man City. Them and the likes of PSG and Chelsea have ruined the game unfortunately. It’s not a fair playing field at all. 

    Apologies to the soccer haters for the above ?

  • @chicopee-john said:

    OK I am watching the City documentary on Netflix and - since then - watch them.  A NY station replays all their games on Tuesday.

    Of course, some teams - like City - have $$$Billions to spend.

    They’re more of a mafia than a football club. They’re owned by a state the UAE and have circumvented all the fair play rules to ensure they stay at the top. See investigation below  

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346-amp.html

    My club only really spends the money the club earns itself and has a team made up of mainly young English players. We’ve been very good for a few years but can never compete with the likes of Man City. Them and the likes of PSG and Chelsea have ruined the game unfortunately. It’s not a fair playing field at all. 

    Apologies to the soccer haters for the above ?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @londonbrown said:

    They’re more of a mafia than a football club. They’re owned by the state of Qatar and have circumvented all the fair play rules to ensure they stay at the top. See investigation below  

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346-amp.html

    My club only really spends the money the club earns itself and has a team made up of mainly young English players. We’ve been very good for a few years but can never compete with the likes of Man City. Them and the likes of PSG and Chelsea have ruined the game unfortunately. It’s not a fair playing field at all. 

    Apologies to the soccer haters for the above ?

    I feel for ya. Here in the states, major league baseball is the same way, another reason that I don't follow it much. The Yankees and similar teams have the resources to buy up all the top talent.