Skip to content

I don't get all the Baker hate

The Browns Board
51 26 2.1k 2
  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Haters gonna hate , FCK em

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Yeah right. Go back and watch some of the throws he had yesterday. Not everyone can do that. Screw those idiots. 

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #9

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

  • Easy fix to all of this.  Don't watch these shitty shows.   They are just there to stir up arguments.  Everyone one of them is basically trolling to get people to watch just to get people pissed off.   

    They're all trash.  Just stay away.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @mark-o said:

    Easy fix to all of this.  Don't watch these shitty shows.   They are just there to stir up arguments.  Everyone one of them is basically trolling to get people to watch just to get people pissed off.   

    They're all trash.  Just stay away.

    I try man, I don't even watch those shows, but every time I even turn on ESPN you hear someone trashing him. The media just loves the losing Browns narrative. I can't wait till they're are speechless when we're winning.

  • The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @baconhound said:

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    And his personality can rub some people the wrong way. 

    Let's be honest, there's a healthy dose of frat boy douchebag in Baker. 

    It is what it is. 

  • @mark-o said:

    Easy fix to all of this.  Don't watch these shitty shows.   They are just there to stir up arguments.  Everyone one of them is basically trolling to get people to watch just to get people pissed off.   

    They're all trash.  Just stay away.

    I try man, I don't even watch those shows, but every time I even turn on ESPN you hear someone trashing him. The media just loves the losing Browns narrative. I can't wait till they're are speechless when we're winning.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @stillmotion said:

    I try man, I don't even watch those shows, but every time I even turn on ESPN you hear someone trashing him. The media just loves the losing Browns narrative. I can't wait till they're are speechless when we're winning.

    Don't turn on ESPN unless they're showing a live sporting event or if SVP is on.   Otherwise don't watch.    Problem solved.  🙂

  • The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @baconhound said:

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    And you know he’s a fucking rookie so he’s gonna look like a rookie sometimes like yesterday’s first half. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Most rookies throw 3 picks and fold. Baker did it with 397 yards passing

  • @baconhound said:

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    And his personality can rub some people the wrong way. 

    Let's be honest, there's a healthy dose of frat boy douchebag in Baker. 

    It is what it is. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @dutch-oven said:

    And his personality can rub some people the wrong way. 

    Let's be honest, there's a healthy dose of frat boy douchebag in Baker. 

    It is what it is. 

    I hope they do hate baker Mayfield for a couple reasons one for the fact that he doesn’t take any shit from them 2. because he beat their ass and 3. because he can be a douche bag and then get some off their game so let them worry about Trying to fuck with him rather than worrying about their game. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
    #16

    He might be a jerk.  But he’s our jerk

    Reminds me of Albert Belle. Belle was an a-hole. And one if the biggest jerks of all-time. But he played for us. And he was great. 

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #17

    He’s entitled to his own opinion. Just like the media. He’s a stand up guy, it appears he never saw eye to eye with Hue and if you think about it... 

    Hue signing an ex divisional rival OC who has been an OC forever and then leaves Cleveland to go to another divisional rival. Who knows what else went on behind the scenes.

    ...We all know the “Baker you’re the back up” on Hard Knocks. Probably could’ve and should’ve been avoided.

    The media is entitled to their opinion as well, and at the end of the day... Mayfield can say whatever the F he wants

  • The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #18

    @baconhound said:

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    I won't go digging it up, but little surprise Cow-Bell is at it again. Baker has a relatively bad game and Colon unloads his constipated bowels on Mayfield.  He wants to prove to the world he's a better talent evaluator than Dorsey.  

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I hope they all keep it up. Baker runs on hate fire. Just let them keep fanning the flames. 

  • @baconhound said:

    The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

    I won't go digging it up, but little surprise Cow-Bell is at it again. Baker has a relatively bad game and Colon unloads his constipated bowels on Mayfield.  He wants to prove to the world he's a better talent evaluator than Dorsey.  

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @hoorta said:

    I won't go digging it up, but little surprise Cow-Bell is at it again. Baker has a relatively bad game and Colon unloads his constipated bowels on Mayfield.  He wants to prove to the world he's a better talent evaluator than Dorsey.  

    That's why i made the thread dude. I didn't want to, but a Colin Baker video started autoplaying on youtube when I was working. I listened and got agitated, and had to speak out against it.

  • I hope they keep talking because I believe that Mayfield is one of those guys, like Brady, who use that as a motivational tool to go out and destroy. Five super bowls later Brady has never lost the chip on his shoulder and I hope Mayfield never does either. 

    ClaretBrownC ClaretBrown wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I hope they keep talking because I believe that Mayfield is one of those guys, like Brady, who use that as a motivational tool to go out and destroy. Five super bowls later Brady has never lost the chip on his shoulder and I hope Mayfield never does either. 

    This exactly. Keep telling him he's no good please ?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #22

    This is why i wanted the browns to air at least a semblance of the dirty laundry baker "clearly" and explicitly alluded to when they asked him about the postgame with hue. 

     I agreed to an extent thst baker shouldnt have jumped in this, but the fact he did and the whole team looks diff now......speaks to his point about some shit going on "in house". I wish they'd let him talk about it so that the rest of the league would understand where he was coming from

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Wasn't Rosen supposed to be the arrogant one in this draft class? 🥷

    I've no issue with Baker throwing shade at Hue, but he can't publicly blame his WRs.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by flyingfooldoug
    #24

    You guys actually watch espn or fsone for Cleveland sports news???? Well,,,,, there’s your problem. 

     I like the local reporters that have access to the players and do one on one interviews.  These names you mention never come around, never ask a question and feel they know it all.  They don’t and you shouldn’t be listening to what they say. It’s just unbased opinions. Not news

  • Wasn't Rosen supposed to be the arrogant one in this draft class? 🥷

    I've no issue with Baker throwing shade at Hue, but he can't publicly blame his WRs.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tour2ma said:

    Wasn't Rosen supposed to be the arrogant one in this draft class? 🥷

    I've no issue with Baker throwing shade at Hue, but he can't publicly blame his WRs.

    I didn't think it came across as blaming WRs, as Baker said repeatedly that the turnovers were his fault, and that even the entire GAME was his fault. When Baker said the receivers needed to have correct depth and also come back to passes to break them up, it didn't strike me the wrong way in the least. It seemed like genuine analysis from Baker, and not finger pointing. And you know what? Baker is actually right. Our receivers have not done a good enough job of breaking up potential picks, and it's something to work on. Specifically, Callaway hasn't been adept at coming back for passes, and I can think of several long passes that he just kind of waited for. 

    Baker is going to learn all kinds of lessons. We're seeing them already, lol. I fear he'll always have the social media bug, and he's not the kind of guy to let things go, but there are worse things. The second half of the Texans game showed me just about everything I needed to know. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Wasn't Rosen supposed to be the arrogant one in this draft class? 🥷

    I've no issue with Baker throwing shade at Hue, but he can't publicly blame his WRs.

    I didn't think it came across as blaming WRs, as Baker said repeatedly that the turnovers were his fault, and that even the entire GAME was his fault. When Baker said the receivers needed to have correct depth and also come back to passes to break them up, it didn't strike me the wrong way in the least. It seemed like genuine analysis from Baker, and not finger pointing. And you know what? Baker is actually right. Our receivers have not done a good enough job of breaking up potential picks, and it's something to work on. Specifically, Callaway hasn't been adept at coming back for passes, and I can think of several long passes that he just kind of waited for. 

    Baker is going to learn all kinds of lessons. We're seeing them already, lol. I fear he'll always have the social media bug, and he's not the kind of guy to let things go, but there are worse things. The second half of the Texans game showed me just about everything I needed to know. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @jiggins7919 said:

    When Baker said the receivers needed to have correct depth and also come back to passes to break them up, it didn't strike me the wrong way

    It was pointing out perceived mistakes by other team mates...with a microphone in his face.