Trade out of the 1st round next year and address our needs through FA...
-
-
very good teams build through the draft and mix in a few free agents
I think that's been the best method, but I also think things are changing, even it's just a little bit. Look at what the Rams did. While they didn't trade away too many early assets, they saw they had their QB on the rookie contract, and they went out and acquired some free agents and also traded for some talent. Money will get tighter when they have to re-sign Goff, mainly because they had to pay Aaron Donald whatever he wanted.
-
very good teams build through the draft and mix in a few free agents
I think that's been the best method, but I also think things are changing, even it's just a little bit. Look at what the Rams did. While they didn't trade away too many early assets, they saw they had their QB on the rookie contract, and they went out and acquired some free agents and also traded for some talent. Money will get tighter when they have to re-sign Goff, mainly because they had to pay Aaron Donald whatever he wanted.
I think that's been the best method, but I also think things are changing, even it's just a little bit. Look at what the Rams did. While they didn't trade away too many early assets, they saw they had their QB on the rookie contract, and they went out and acquired some free agents and also traded for some talent. Money will get tighter when they have to re-sign Goff, mainly because they had to pay Aaron Donald whatever he wanted.
Even before last nite I'm not sure LAR is a great example to promote the FA route...
They added Cooks, Whitworth, Peters, Talib and Suh... and since Kupp went down they've been spiraling back to earth.
Also need to look at who they let leave to help them afford who they brought in. In the Rams case it was some pretty good LBs, Ogletree and Quinn, and a great CB, Johnson.
-
If they trade their 1st rounder go after Von Miller
If they trade their 1st rounder go after Von Miller
He's already got a Browns jersey. Garrett traded with him after the game Sat.?
-
Looks like no one likes your idea. And with good reason, because it sucks.
Looks like no one likes your idea. And with good reason, because it sucks.
How about this idea: We keep our draft picks....use them to take more good young players...AND, fill in a few holes here and there with FA veterans. And maybe a trade or two.
You know....sorta like what we did this year.
Traded a bad backup QB for Randall. You know all about our draft class....picked up Landry in FA (or was he a trade too?)...and a couple of others....Perriman, Robinson, Zeitler, Hubbard etc.
-
-
From 1-31 / 0-16 to 6-7-1 and there's still a draft thread before the clock reads 00:00 in week 17......... baby steps I guess.
-
Absolutely not.. we need first-rounders at both DL and OT.
We tried the "best" FA OT last offseason and he is not a long-term solution.. it's bizarre this is even a topic.
-
Looks like no one likes your idea. And with good reason, because it sucks.
How about this idea: We keep our draft picks....use them to take more good young players...AND, fill in a few holes here and there with FA veterans. And maybe a trade or two.
You know....sorta like what we did this year.
Traded a bad backup QB for Randall. You know all about our draft class....picked up Landry in FA (or was he a trade too?)...and a couple of others....Perriman, Robinson, Zeitler, Hubbard etc.
How about this idea: We keep our draft picks....use them to take more good young players...AND, fill in a few holes here and there with FA veterans. And maybe a trade or two.
You know....sorta like what we did this year.
Traded a bad backup QB for Randall. You know all about our draft class....picked up Landry in FA (or was he a trade too?)...and a couple of others....Perriman, Robinson, Zeitler, Hubbard etc.
Landry was a trade, 4th this year, 7th in 2019. In reply to Jiggins, that's why almost everyone thought Jerrah was nuts giving up a first for Cooper. And I'll lay some serious money Amari isn't their ticket to the Super Bowl.
Regarding Zietler, FA that tightwad Mike Brown didn't want to pay.
-
How about this idea: We keep our draft picks....use them to take more good young players...AND, fill in a few holes here and there with FA veterans. And maybe a trade or two.
You know....sorta like what we did this year.
Traded a bad backup QB for Randall. You know all about our draft class....picked up Landry in FA (or was he a trade too?)...and a couple of others....Perriman, Robinson, Zeitler, Hubbard etc.
Landry was a trade, 4th this year, 7th in 2019. In reply to Jiggins, that's why almost everyone thought Jerrah was nuts giving up a first for Cooper. And I'll lay some serious money Amari isn't their ticket to the Super Bowl.
Regarding Zietler, FA that tightwad Mike Brown didn't want to pay.
And I'll lay some serious money Amari isn't their ticket to the Super Bowl.
Also, the Amari acquisition failing to produce the promised SB victory [never mind the reality that Dallas' win streak plausibly would have happened without Cooper because their opponents' D has been really bad {20th or lower in DVOA} outside of Saints..] won't stop people from asserting in the future that !playmakerz! alone will solve all the problems.
-
Absolutely not.. we need first-rounders at both DL and OT.
We tried the "best" FA OT last offseason and he is not a long-term solution.. it's bizarre this is even a topic.
Absolutely not.. we need first-rounders at both DL and OT.
We tried the "best" FA OT last offseason and he is not a long-term solution.. it's bizarre this is even a topic.
We did? Who? Cause theres gonna be taylor lewan out there this year, we wanna protect baker right?
-

Yep. I agree with D Bone...
My goodness, we're actually a competitive team for the first time since 2007, and we have yet another DRAFT thread.
To each his own, I just find the endless draft speculation uninteresting. Merry Christmas, beat the BenGals.
-
Absolutely not.. we need first-rounders at both DL and OT.
We tried the "best" FA OT last offseason and he is not a long-term solution.. it's bizarre this is even a topic.
We did? Who? Cause theres gonna be taylor lewan out there this year, we wanna protect baker right?
We did? Who?
Hubbard was 5/38 last offseason from Pitt, and he has been bad enough to consider cutting outright and taking the dead-money hit. Tretter and Zeitler were two offseasons ago and those two were both the top-$$ and best FA OL at their positions on the market.. those two players alone are 19M of our annual cap. [somebody might have matched Tretter's 7 but zeitler's 12.5 is quite a lot]
Lewan is certainly worth considering, but they may want to have at least one of the OL starters be on a rookie deal. Bitonio can't be an All-Pro on a rookie salary forever.
-
I'm too lazy to look it up, but what did the Bears give up for Mack? At least one first rounder, right? And that pick isn't going to be that early, so that's a win. It's the reason I was shouting from the rooftop to make a deal for Mack before anyone else did. Normally I would NEVER entertain trading away a #1 pick, but if the player is right, and they're a young dominant force, why the heck not? I mean, I'm not even sure HOW you'd block Garrett and Mack at the same time, and if you got behind and had to pass? Yeesh.
Anyway, you're going to start seeing this more and more. A while ago I said somebody would give up a 1st rounder for Amari Cooper and a few board members absolutely grilled me and made fun of me. Of course it actually happened and I don't look like quite as much of an idiot (well, maybe), and it's been a positive for the Cowboys.
For far too long draft picks have been overvalued. I mean, we drafted a backup center with the 33rd pick of the draft, and lord knows what we could've gotten for it. It's too early to know if we made the right move, but we drafted a backup for Tretter, who is beasting on one leg. Hopefully Corbett works out, but I would have loved to know the offers we got for him.
The original poster might be a little off here, but I do see his point. One of the best ways to create a winning team is to have your QB playing well at the beginning of his rookie deal. Why is that so important? Because the rookie contracts don't hold a CANDLE to the money QBs will get when it's time to re-sign. Remember the Joe Flacco $100 million contract? What choice did the Ravens have? They paid a bunch of money to their QB because the rookie deal expired and it completely screwed them.
So while we don't want to go OVERBOARD, we do want to explore the possibility of trading some picks for players. There will always be teams trending in opposite directions. The Raiders want picks, and they're selling off their players. I'd be shocked if Derek Carr was on the team next year. If Alex Smith retires (my heart hurts for him), don't you think it'd be smart for Washington to trade for him?
Let's look at the Khalil Mack trade again. There's almost NO WAY Mack isn't going to be great. The only real threat is injury, and you can't really predict that. Now what's the hit rate for 1st round picks? It's something we know all about. Now obviously you have to PAY Mack a shit load, but if you have the resources, why not? It's part of the reason why I wanted him so badly. We had the cash, let's make the deal.
What makes me really excited is John Dorsey has already proven himself to be more than competent, and also someone who isn't afraid to make a big deal. It's a fun time to be a Browns fan, and how awesome is THAT?
I'm too lazy to look it up, but what did the Bears give up for Mack? At least one first rounder, right? And that pick isn't going to be that early, so that's a win. It's the reason I was shouting from the rooftop to make a deal for Mack before anyone else did. Normally I would NEVER entertain trading away a #1 pick, but if the player is right, and they're a young dominant force, why the heck not? I mean, I'm not even sure HOW you'd block Garrett and Mack at the same time, and if you got behind and had to pass? Yeesh.
Anyway, you're going to start seeing this more and more. A while ago I said somebody would give up a 1st rounder for Amari Cooper and a few board members absolutely grilled me and made fun of me. Of course it actually happened and I don't look like quite as much of an idiot (well, maybe), and it's been a positive for the Cowboys.
For far too long draft picks have been overvalued. I mean, we drafted a backup center with the 33rd pick of the draft, and lord knows what we could've gotten for it. It's too early to know if we made the right move, but we drafted a backup for Tretter, who is beasting on one leg. Hopefully Corbett works out, but I would have loved to know the offers we got for him.
The original poster might be a little off here, but I do see his point. One of the best ways to create a winning team is to have your QB playing well at the beginning of his rookie deal. Why is that so important? Because the rookie contracts don't hold a CANDLE to the money QBs will get when it's time to re-sign. Remember the Joe Flacco $100 million contract? What choice did the Ravens have? They paid a bunch of money to their QB because the rookie deal expired and it completely screwed them.
So while we don't want to go OVERBOARD, we do want to explore the possibility of trading some picks for players. There will always be teams trending in opposite directions. The Raiders want picks, and they're selling off their players. I'd be shocked if Derek Carr was on the team next year. If Alex Smith retires (my heart hurts for him), don't you think it'd be smart for Washington to trade for him?
Let's look at the Khalil Mack trade again. There's almost NO WAY Mack isn't going to be great. The only real threat is injury, and you can't really predict that. Now what's the hit rate for 1st round picks? It's something we know all about. Now obviously you have to PAY Mack a shit load, but if you have the resources, why not? It's part of the reason why I wanted him so badly. We had the cash, let's make the deal.
What makes me really excited is John Dorsey has already proven himself to be more than competent, and also someone who isn't afraid to make a big deal. It's a fun time to be a Browns fan, and how awesome is THAT?
2 1st rounders, a 3rd, and a 6th
-
Absolutely not.. we need first-rounders at both DL and OT.
We tried the "best" FA OT last offseason and he is not a long-term solution.. it's bizarre this is even a topic.
We did? Who? Cause theres gonna be taylor lewan out there this year, we wanna protect baker right?
We did? Who? Cause there's gonna be taylor lewan out there this year, we wanna protect baker right?
Please engage brain before posting. Do you ever do a little research before throwing out names? Well I did. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/taylor-lewan-14420/
1) Lewan isn't a free agent- he signed a new deal this year giving him Joe Thomas money. Already told you once that was going to be his price tag regardless, you weren't listening.
2) So, the only way the Browns could get him is in a trade, and if you think the Titans would trade their Pro Bowl level left tackle for anything short of a King's Ransom- you're out of your ever loving mind.
-
Are you trying to troll? Or drunk and not remembering what you say?
Not one FA, but a couple could very well put us in the afc champ picture. One of my biggest reasons for making this thread, is the avg lifespan of workhorses like chubb. That potential run game to go with baker is imo a foundation for a SB appearance. Thats my opinion, if u all dont agree, fine. But thats the basis for my "strike now" contention.
Where does that say i want a FA RB signing? U need to re read my original post, maybe do it slowly and pronounce every word....
Our current running game to.go along with baker, imo, is the foundation for a SB run....not just a 1st round playoff appearance. So is that saying RB is a "hole" in our team that im saying needs filled now in free agency? OBVIOUSLY not.
My point is theres a couple holes in this team that if filled in free agency, may very well put this ream in the AFC championship next year. But if we use the draft, we may acquire a player that takes a couple years to pan out, if he ever does at all. Ofc, my mind may change on draft day depending on how the 1st round pans out...we dont know. Im only sayingbthis might be the year to belichick it and trade out so that we have the ammo the following year to trade higher into the round...which if things go well we'll have an even worse draft pick in 2020......get it?
Where does that say i want a FA RB signing? U need to re read my original post, maybe do it slowly and pronounce every word....
Our current running game to.go along with baker, imo, is the foundation for a SB run....not just a 1st round playoff appearance. So is that saying RB is a "hole" in our team that im saying needs filled now in free agency? OBVIOUSLY not.
My point is theres a couple holes in this team that if filled in free agency, may very well put this ream in the AFC championship next year. But if we use the draft, we may acquire a player that takes a couple years to pan out, if he ever does at all. Ofc, my mind may change on draft day depending on how the 1st round pans out...we dont know. Im only sayingbthis might be the year to belichick it and trade out so that we have the ammo the following year to trade higher into the round...which if things go well we'll have an even worse draft pick in 2020......get it?
Have your opinion all you want. You could be right. I commented because it seems like you are going all over the place.
And if you dont see how that message looks like you are talking about a RB "One of my biggest reasons for making this thread, is the avg lifespan of workhorses like chubb."
Maybe it wasn't your intention, just how it appears
-
I'm too lazy to look it up, but what did the Bears give up for Mack? At least one first rounder, right? And that pick isn't going to be that early, so that's a win. It's the reason I was shouting from the rooftop to make a deal for Mack before anyone else did. Normally I would NEVER entertain trading away a #1 pick, but if the player is right, and they're a young dominant force, why the heck not? I mean, I'm not even sure HOW you'd block Garrett and Mack at the same time, and if you got behind and had to pass? Yeesh.
Anyway, you're going to start seeing this more and more. A while ago I said somebody would give up a 1st rounder for Amari Cooper and a few board members absolutely grilled me and made fun of me. Of course it actually happened and I don't look like quite as much of an idiot (well, maybe), and it's been a positive for the Cowboys.
For far too long draft picks have been overvalued. I mean, we drafted a backup center with the 33rd pick of the draft, and lord knows what we could've gotten for it. It's too early to know if we made the right move, but we drafted a backup for Tretter, who is beasting on one leg. Hopefully Corbett works out, but I would have loved to know the offers we got for him.
The original poster might be a little off here, but I do see his point. One of the best ways to create a winning team is to have your QB playing well at the beginning of his rookie deal. Why is that so important? Because the rookie contracts don't hold a CANDLE to the money QBs will get when it's time to re-sign. Remember the Joe Flacco $100 million contract? What choice did the Ravens have? They paid a bunch of money to their QB because the rookie deal expired and it completely screwed them.
So while we don't want to go OVERBOARD, we do want to explore the possibility of trading some picks for players. There will always be teams trending in opposite directions. The Raiders want picks, and they're selling off their players. I'd be shocked if Derek Carr was on the team next year. If Alex Smith retires (my heart hurts for him), don't you think it'd be smart for Washington to trade for him?
Let's look at the Khalil Mack trade again. There's almost NO WAY Mack isn't going to be great. The only real threat is injury, and you can't really predict that. Now what's the hit rate for 1st round picks? It's something we know all about. Now obviously you have to PAY Mack a shit load, but if you have the resources, why not? It's part of the reason why I wanted him so badly. We had the cash, let's make the deal.
What makes me really excited is John Dorsey has already proven himself to be more than competent, and also someone who isn't afraid to make a big deal. It's a fun time to be a Browns fan, and how awesome is THAT?
2 1st rounders, a 3rd, and a 6th
-
The Physician who is doing mine did the Father of my optometrist, and opthamologist. I am.pptimg for the laser procedure and the high performance lens. I am fine with needing reading glasses. My left eye is just not sharp any more. Once the left is done I am going to have the right done and then voila no more contacts and glasses.
This has been a pain in the ass. 2 months.in glasses. I am not happy.
After I had both done for better distance vision (because I hike the outdoors for wildlife and vistas), I have been tested at 20/15 vision. Two things really stood out, the really vivid colors that got washed out over the years and the veins in the leaves at the tops of trees. Used to be a dull greenish mass and now they really sparkle individually! Well worth it Tom. And I got a 4X scope for my 22LR pistol because with reading glasses I can see the crosshairs real well and the target is focused downrange by the scope which I can also see very well with the reading glasses. Perfect solution for a target shooter (I only hunt animals with a camera now).?
After I had both done for better distance vision (because I hike the outdoors for wildlife and vistas), I have been tested at 20/15 vision. Two things really stood out, the really vivid colors that got washed out over the years and the veins in the leaves at the tops of trees. Used to be a dull greenish mass and now they really sparkle individually! Well worth it Tom. And I got a 4X scope for my 22LR pistol because with reading glasses I can see the crosshairs real well and the target is focused downrange by the scope which I can also see very well with the reading glasses. Perfect solution for a target shooter (I only hunt animals with a camera now).?
Know it's OT, but had to throw this out. Relates to what you said. Before I had my cataract surgery, they did a color blindness test. Told them "hey, I've been tested a zillion times, I'm not colorblind, you're wasting your time". Well, it turns out your lens not only clouds up, it starts getting yellow, like an old piece of plastic, and it can change your perception of colors.
-
We did? Who? Cause there's gonna be taylor lewan out there this year, we wanna protect baker right?
Please engage brain before posting. Do you ever do a little research before throwing out names? Well I did. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/taylor-lewan-14420/
1) Lewan isn't a free agent- he signed a new deal this year giving him Joe Thomas money. Already told you once that was going to be his price tag regardless, you weren't listening.
2) So, the only way the Browns could get him is in a trade, and if you think the Titans would trade their Pro Bowl level left tackle for anything short of a King's Ransom- you're out of your ever loving mind.
Please engage brain before posting. Do you ever do a little research before throwing out names? Well I did. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/taylor-lewan-14420/
1) Lewan isn't a free agent- he signed a new deal this year giving him Joe Thomas money. Already told you once that was going to be his price tag regardless, you weren't listening.
2) So, the only way the Browns could get him is in a trade, and if you think the Titans would trade their Pro Bowl level left tackle for anything short of a King's Ransom- you're out of your ever loving mind.
So...scratch that conversation.
Maybe JT will want to come back after a year off?
If not that, then who? A rookie draft pick? Another FA pickup? Keep Robinson there, with Des Harrison in reserve? (Harrison is just a rookie...and does have potential...which perhaps could come to bear with experience....LOT is a tough job for a rookie)
-
After I had both done for better distance vision (because I hike the outdoors for wildlife and vistas), I have been tested at 20/15 vision. Two things really stood out, the really vivid colors that got washed out over the years and the veins in the leaves at the tops of trees. Used to be a dull greenish mass and now they really sparkle individually! Well worth it Tom. And I got a 4X scope for my 22LR pistol because with reading glasses I can see the crosshairs real well and the target is focused downrange by the scope which I can also see very well with the reading glasses. Perfect solution for a target shooter (I only hunt animals with a camera now).?
Know it's OT, but had to throw this out. Relates to what you said. Before I had my cataract surgery, they did a color blindness test. Told them "hey, I've been tested a zillion times, I'm not colorblind, you're wasting your time". Well, it turns out your lens not only clouds up, it starts getting yellow, like an old piece of plastic, and it can change your perception of colors.
Know it's OT, but had to throw this out. Relates to what you said. Before I had my cataract surgery, they did a color blindness test. Told them "hey, I've been tested a zillion times, I'm not colorblind, you're wasting your time". Well, it turns out your lens not only clouds up, it starts getting yellow, like an old piece of plastic, and it can change your perception of colors.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login