Skip to content

Would You Shut Down Denzel Ward or Baker Mayfield?

The Browns Board
104 34 3.2k 1
  • @westside-steve said:

    Well I certainly hope it isn't protocol again because that would be three times right? One more could spell the end of her career.

    WSS

    Well according to ward the one in preseason must have just been ba stinger. He said early December that one was his first and this makes two.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @bjh2130 said:

    Well according to ward the one in preseason must have just been ba stinger. He said early December that one was his first and this makes two.

    Sounds like whistling past the graveyard.

    Personally I'm concerned.

    WSS

  • Gregg Williams mentioned that Denzel Ward was progressing through the concussion protocol, and then I had a thought, "Is it even worth bringing him back?"  If we're out of the playoff race, we've only got two games left, and I'm pretty sure this is Denzel's 2nd concussion (I could be wrong), is it even worth playing him this year considering concussions are easier to get once you've had one, AND they're literally a brain injury?  If it were me, I'd sit him down.  He's shown me enough, and I want him to get healthy and also protect his melon.  He'll be ready to kick azz next year.  

    I've also heard an argument that we should sit Baker Mayfield because we're out of the playoffs and why risk an injury when you're a team that hasn't had a franchise QB in 20 years, and we FINALLY have one?  At first I scoffed at the idea of sitting Baker, but then the nightmare of "What happens if he gets hurt?" started creeping in my mind, and I about threw up, LMAO.  In all seriousness, I would most certainly NOT sit Baker.  If we had locked up the playoffs and we couldn't improve our seating in week 17, that's one thing.  I could see sitting some starters like the Steelers and other teams have done over the years.  But Baker is a rookie, and while he's playing well, he still has much to learn and the best way to learn is to play.  Also, I seriously doubt Baker WOULD sit out if the coaches told him to, hahaha.  

    S stanhickerson9 wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Gregg Williams mentioned that Denzel Ward was progressing through the concussion protocol, and then I had a thought, "Is it even worth bringing him back?"  If we're out of the playoff race, we've only got two games left, and I'm pretty sure this is Denzel's 2nd concussion (I could be wrong), is it even worth playing him this year considering concussions are easier to get once you've had one, AND they're literally a brain injury?  If it were me, I'd sit him down.  He's shown me enough, and I want him to get healthy and also protect his melon.  He'll be ready to kick azz next year.  

    I've also heard an argument that we should sit Baker Mayfield because we're out of the playoffs and why risk an injury when you're a team that hasn't had a franchise QB in 20 years, and we FINALLY have one?  At first I scoffed at the idea of sitting Baker, but then the nightmare of "What happens if he gets hurt?" started creeping in my mind, and I about threw up, LMAO.  In all seriousness, I would most certainly NOT sit Baker.  If we had locked up the playoffs and we couldn't improve our seating in week 17, that's one thing.  I could see sitting some starters like the Steelers and other teams have done over the years.  But Baker is a rookie, and while he's playing well, he still has much to learn and the best way to learn is to play.  Also, I seriously doubt Baker WOULD sit out if the coaches told him to, hahaha.  

    Telling The Baker to set, because the Browns are out of the PO's, won't fly with Bake. He's a true old school leader, live or die with my guys.

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Williams said he was in protocol I thought.

    Well I certainly hope it isn't protocol again because that would be three times right? One more could spell the end of the career.

    WSS

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @westside-steve said:

    Well I certainly hope it isn't protocol again because that would be three times right? One more could spell the end of her career.

    WSS

    giphy.gif

  • @westside-steve said:

    Well I certainly hope it isn't protocol again because that would be three times right? One more could spell the end of her career.

    WSS

    giphy.gif

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @tiamat63 said:

    giphy.gif

    Typo. You got me.

    WSS

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Well according to ward the one in preseason must have just been ba stinger. He said early December that one was his first and this makes two.

    Sounds like whistling past the graveyard.

    Personally I'm concerned.

    WSS

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @westside-steve said:

    Personally I'm concerned.

    WSS

    Yes.

    I would have to assume that he's done until mini camps.  And ya just don't know about his football longevity.  

    CB is a need position for us this offseason. 

  • PLain Dealer is reporting Wards injury was a shoulder. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @alporcini said:

    PLain Dealer is reporting Wards injury was a shoulder. 

    A shoulder injury doesn't send you staggering off the field.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yep. I think he took a forearm to the chin or a shoulder. Head snapped back and goodnight. I'm officially worried. Why he continues to go high, I don't know. 

    I did not see the a forearm. Just saw the side of Ward's  shoulder hitting a much bigger man sending his head towards the Bengals' TE.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #99

    Just heard on 92.3 that it was a concussion, and "The Browns aren't sure if they will sit Ward for next week's game"

    The answer is YES. 

  • Just heard on 92.3 that it was a concussion, and "The Browns aren't sure if they will sit Ward for next week's game"

    The answer is YES. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just heard on 92.3 that it was a concussion, and "The Browns aren't sure if they will sit Ward for next week's game"

    The answer is YES. 

    If it is a concussion protocol would demand he would demand he sit.

    WSS

  • Just heard on 92.3 that it was a concussion, and "The Browns aren't sure if they will sit Ward for next week's game"

    The answer is YES. 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just heard on 92.3 that it was a concussion, and "The Browns aren't sure if they will sit Ward for next week's game"

    The answer is YES. 

    I hope tgats just fucking with thevravens gameplan. Ofc he sits. He should already be in the carribean chilling on a beach getting handy's from the local beach talent

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Just heard on 92.3 that it was a concussion, and "The Browns aren't sure if they will sit Ward for next week's game"

    The answer is YES. 

    If it is a concussion protocol would demand he would demand he sit.

    WSS

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    If it is a concussion protocol would demand he would demand he sit.

    WSS

    Maybe it was a concussion and he cleared protocol already and thats why browns are saying unsure if he would sit or maybe they are saying they expect him to clear it by game time and are unsure. Regardless like Dutch says the correct answer is sit him.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    Im serious, if i see ward on the sidelines in his civvies next week im gonna be a lil perturbed. Dude needs to start treatment NOW

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I didn't want him to play last week, so hopefully he's done until training camp.