What do we need to take the next step?
-
I want them to draft Brown or Lamb from Oklahoma. Instant speed, hands, and familiarity.
-
There's a possibility that we could sneak into the single digits in the draft order. - I don't want that however. That means we lost our final two......no, no more phucking losing. We're not those Browns any more!
As has been said, it's nice to be going into the draft and not have to be wondering how we're going to get our franchise QB. Now we can take the best player that falls to us.
Any upgrades we can get to support Baker will probably pay dividends.
We've had a couple of pleasant surprises at WR. Higgins has made some really difficult catches. And he seems to make the easy ones too (of course he dropped one recently). And Periman has come in and made catches. Virtually no time to learn the playbook and sync up with the QB, yet he's made plays. And with Willies, who looked like he had potential, I don't think that there's a need to reach on a WR in the draft.
Obviously, the coaching situation is first and foremost. - Two more audition games for Williams and Kitchens.
-
-
We are VERY close to dominant. Needs in order
A true #1 receiver
LT
a LB or 2 that can cover a TE
-
If you drafted 2 LB's and 2 OT's with the first 4 picks I wouldn't be unhappy.
However somewhere in there we need an impact DT and impact DE as well.
WR is not on that list for good reason.. resign Perriman, he is the 1st-rounder we've been looking for. Everything said about any WR in the 2019 draft.. is true of Higgins [hands] and Perriman [speed, height, red zone] and Landry [contested catches over the middle] and Njoku [freak athlete TE].
-
We are VERY close to dominant. Needs in order
A true #1 receiver
LT
a LB or 2 that can cover a TE
We are VERY close to dominant. Needs in order
A true #1 receiver
LT
a LB or 2 that can cover a TE
If butler from Iowa State really does go where people project him we can get our number 1 wr in the second round. That kid is going to be special.
In my mind he is Josh Gordon potential without off field demons/problems.
Here is article where they have mcshay saying he will be a day 2 pick.
-
-
We are VERY close to dominant. Needs in order
A true #1 receiver
LT
a LB or 2 that can cover a TE
-
I think the wr should be a good FA u pickup. Rest of the possitions are fillable with the draft. Resign Higgins and perriman. Wr group not as bad as a couple years ago.
-
I think the wr should be a good FA u pickup. Rest of the possitions are fillable with the draft. Resign Higgins and perriman. Wr group not as bad as a couple years ago.
-
BPA from here on out, with about 25% position need taken into consideration
-
If you drafted 2 LB's and 2 OT's with the first 4 picks I wouldn't be unhappy.
However somewhere in there we need an impact DT and impact DE as well.
WR is not on that list for good reason.. resign Perriman, he is the 1st-rounder we've been looking for. Everything said about any WR in the 2019 draft.. is true of Higgins [hands] and Perriman [speed, height, red zone] and Landry [contested catches over the middle] and Njoku [freak athlete TE].
If you drafted 2 LB's and 2 OT's with the first 4 picks I wouldn't be unhappy.
However somewhere in there we need an impact DT and impact DE as well.
WR is not on that list for good reason.. resign Perriman, he is the 1st-rounder we've been looking for. Everything said about any WR in the 2019 draft.. is true of Higgins [hands] and Perriman [speed, height, red zone] and Landry [contested catches over the middle] and Njoku [freak athlete TE].
You might be right on. A stud DT, perhaps in the first round, and then I want LBs and DBs. I hate saying this, but we can't assume Denzel Ward will be ok. It breaks my heart even THINKING this, but Ward might be the victim of bad luck, or he might just be injury prone. It almost doesn't seem fair. Ward was instantly one of my favorite players, and apparently he's a better human being than football player. He's definitely in my thoughts, and I wish him a long and healthy career.
But we can't assume everything will be merry, so we may have to draft CBs early and often because I'm of the mindset that you just can't have enough.
-
As well, remember when considering a early-round WR: Look at Doctson's play with Wash. He combines the bad hustle of the worst of Gordon with the bad hands of the worst of our other WR's. If you're wrong with the pick, not only did you waste it, but you also passed up a blue-chip contributor at another position.
Maybe Doctson will decide he wants to be good - but that won't happen with his current team. Don't be that team.
-
Let's face it, we're out of the playoffs and have been for some time....even though the Fat Lady hasn't been given the microphone yet.
It's going to be another eventful offseason for the Browns. This time however, we have some real hope.
Obviously, our coaching situation is up in the air. And that's a major thing. We have some good players now, so it won't be extremely hard for new coaches to continue the winning thing that we've experienced....but there IS a possibility of issues. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. We're notorious for changing schemes requiring DL and LB'er retooling. So, hopefully that won't be the case this time.
The Ghoul mentioned that we need an inside pass rusher on the DL. I agree that the DL is not done and that that's a good idea.
I think there's a possibility that we move on from Jamie Collins at years' end. Linebacker may be a need.
Certainly cornerback is a need. Ward is practicing again and hopefully he can play the final two games but his concussion thing is a dark could looming overhead.
On offense the tackle positions require examination.
WR is of course pointed to any time this type of question comes up. And there's no reason to see if we can't add a quality receiver......but that Derick Willies guy is an intriguing prospect. He looks good getting off the bus, runs fast and can catch.
TE's. We've got TE's falling off the ends of the bench.
- I would draft a QB to sit the bench in Tyrod's place.
Let's face it, we're out of the playoffs and have been for some time....even though the Fat Lady hasn't been given the microphone yet.
It's going to be another eventful offseason for the Browns. This time however, we have some real hope.
Obviously, our coaching situation is up in the air. And that's a major thing. We have some good players now, so it won't be extremely hard for new coaches to continue the winning thing that we've experienced....but there IS a possibility of issues. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. We're notorious for changing schemes requiring DL and LB'er retooling. So, hopefully that won't be the case this time.
The Ghoul mentioned that we need an inside pass rusher on the DL. I agree that the DL is not done and that that's a good idea.
I think there's a possibility that we move on from Jamie Collins at years' end. Linebacker may be a need.
Certainly cornerback is a need. Ward is practicing again and hopefully he can play the final two games but his concussion thing is a dark could looming overhead.
On offense the tackle positions require examination.
WR is of course pointed to any time this type of question comes up. And there's no reason to see if we can't add a quality receiver......but that Derick Willies guy is an intriguing prospect. He looks good getting off the bus, runs fast and can catch.
TE's. We've got TE's falling off the ends of the bench.
- I would draft a QB to sit the bench in Tyrod's place.
probalbly defense....we do need another pass rusher...i think the ol will be ok...they are young and seem to be getting a little better...need a good punt return player/kickoff return player....and most of all we need run stoppers....looking foward to the draft...i sure hope we get at least 1 of those mack truck dl from alabama...
-
We are VERY close to dominant. Needs in order
A true #1 receiver
LT
a LB or 2 that can cover a TE
-
I think the theme of the Browns future FA and draft will be defense, defense, defense.....with a little offense thrown in.
-
I think the theme of the Browns future FA and draft will be defense, defense, defense.....with a little offense thrown in.
I think the theme of the Browns future FA and draft will be defense, defense, defense.....with a little offense thrown in.
Definitely could use some DLine help... another starter at one of the OLB spots (or both?)… I'd like more depth at corner.
On offense, upgrades at both tackle spots could be a priority... Wide receiver would be nice.
-
We need more speed at wr. As a buckeye fan I wouldn't mind Paris Cambell in the 2nd round if he is still there. The dude can fly. I think we add another lb in free agency and one in the draft. Going to be really weird to be drafting at like 17 this year. Go Browns!! What a awesome year.
-
DT/DE is our single biggest need on the entire team right now. We're not gonna fill that need in the draft unless someone has another video surface of taking bong rips through a ww2 gas mask. Barring that, its gonna have to be done through FA
-
We need more speed at wr. As a buckeye fan I wouldn't mind Paris Cambell in the 2nd round if he is still there. The dude can fly. I think we add another lb in free agency and one in the draft. Going to be really weird to be drafting at like 17 this year. Go Browns!! What a awesome year.
We need more speed at wr. As a buckeye fan I wouldn't mind Paris Cambell in the 2nd round if he is still there. The dude can fly. I think we add another lb in free agency and one in the draft. Going to be really weird to be drafting at like 17 this year. Go Browns!! What a awesome year.
I see it a little differently especially if we keep Perriman (and we should). He’s a 4.24 guy at 6’ 2”. Callaway is a speed demon too. I’d like to see us get a tall stout WR as a#1.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login