Kitchens And Williams
-
I don't see any team that desperate.
He has led the offense 8 games, no playoffs, no miracles that make you think of a consistent offensive mastermind. He is new so there's not much tape on his offense and everyone knows so.
I love the guy, but not even we know what his caliber is as an OC (though he's promising).
And I've seen enough Defensive HC matchup with good QBs for a nice successful run, so the offensive masstermind is not a must.
obviously he has been doing a great job with haley's playbook,doe's he continue with that or come up with something of his own
obviously he has been doing a great job with haley's playbook,doe's he continue with that or come up with something of his own
They all pretty much run the same plays. Working with the QB and setting up a offensive game plan that works is cool and all but does not mean HC. Maybe down the road. As far as being able to keep him like others worry about, that’s easy.....$$$$$$$$pay the man enough and he stays.
-
I don't think this is a possibility. Like you said, I only see Kitchens keeping the job as OC and Williams staying at HC.
I don't know why the offensive mind has to be the HC even if we have a franchise QB in Mayfield and I don't see any team hiring Kitchens as HC after only 8 games as OC.
because there is thought in some quarters that Kitchens stock is rising very quickly, and even if he's OC, he could be interviewed and hired as a head coach in the future.
If you want to keep Kitchens, perhaps at the expense of Greg Williams, then the thinking goes to hire him as HC. This especially appeals to the people that want an offensive minded head coach.because there is thought in some quarters that Kitchens stock is rising very quickly, and even if he's OC, he could be interviewed and hired as a head coach in the future.
If you want to keep Kitchens, perhaps at the expense of Greg Williams, then the thinking goes to hire him as HC. This especially appeals to the people that want an offensive minded head coach.I agree. Maybe it wouldn't be this year, but Freddy will get a HC gig soon. The only way we keep him is to hire him as HC this year, even if it might be a year soon.
I don't agree that Gregg wouldn't stay, though we would probably have to give him a title promotion to associate HC and a nice raise in pay. Even if we don't keep Williams, my hope is Haslam shows his appreciation and gives him a half a mil bonus....if that is possible.
-
because there is thought in some quarters that Kitchens stock is rising very quickly, and even if he's OC, he could be interviewed and hired as a head coach in the future.
If you want to keep Kitchens, perhaps at the expense of Greg Williams, then the thinking goes to hire him as HC. This especially appeals to the people that want an offensive minded head coach.I agree. Maybe it wouldn't be this year, but Freddy will get a HC gig soon. The only way we keep him is to hire him as HC this year, even if it might be a year soon.
I don't agree that Gregg wouldn't stay, though we would probably have to give him a title promotion to associate HC and a nice raise in pay. Even if we don't keep Williams, my hope is Haslam shows his appreciation and gives him a half a mil bonus....if that is possible.
I agree. Maybe it wouldn't be this year, but Freddy will get a HC gig soon. The only way we keep him is to hire him as HC this year, even if it might be a year soon.
I don't agree that Gregg wouldn't stay, though we would probably have to give him a title promotion to associate HC and a nice raise in pay. Even if we don't keep Williams, my hope is Haslam shows his appreciation and gives him a half a mil bonus....if that is possible.
I think we can keep the staff as is pretty much intact this next year. Kitchens is doing a fine job but I gotta ask, how much of that is due to a HC that works with him as well as the QB. On his own, he might not be all that
-
I agree. Maybe it wouldn't be this year, but Freddy will get a HC gig soon. The only way we keep him is to hire him as HC this year, even if it might be a year soon.
I don't agree that Gregg wouldn't stay, though we would probably have to give him a title promotion to associate HC and a nice raise in pay. Even if we don't keep Williams, my hope is Haslam shows his appreciation and gives him a half a mil bonus....if that is possible.
I think we can keep the staff as is pretty much intact this next year. Kitchens is doing a fine job but I gotta ask, how much of that is due to a HC that works with him as well as the QB. On his own, he might not be all that
I think we can keep the staff as is pretty much intact this next year. Kitchens is doing a fine job but I gotta ask, how much of that is due to a HC that works with him as well as the QB. On his own, he might not be all that
Just don't fuk around. Promote Freddy to assistant head coach if you have to throw him a bone.
WSS
-
I think we can keep the staff as is pretty much intact this next year. Kitchens is doing a fine job but I gotta ask, how much of that is due to a HC that works with him as well as the QB. On his own, he might not be all that
Just don't fuk around. Promote Freddy to assistant head coach if you have to throw him a bone.
WSS
Just don't fuk around. Promote Freddy to assistant head coach if you have to throw him a bone.
WSS
Sure, plus some extra moonshine too
-
-
How’s the D doing? He’s running it now.
And planning it?
-
How’s the D doing? He’s running it now.
And planning it?
-
How’s the D doing? He’s running it now.
And planning it?
-
If it ain't broke.. Lets not fix it...
But what does that entail?
Haslam walks into Dorsey's office and says, "I don't want you to hire your own coach. I want Williams as HC and Kitchens as OC."
Then Dorsey walks into Williams' office and says, "You can be the HC but you can't hire your own OC. It has to be Kitchens."
How do ya go about it? Without it being a shotgun marriage?
-
If it ain't broke.. Lets not fix it...
But what does that entail?
Haslam walks into Dorsey's office and says, "I don't want you to hire your own coach. I want Williams as HC and Kitchens as OC."
Then Dorsey walks into Williams' office and says, "You can be the HC but you can't hire your own OC. It has to be Kitchens."
How do ya go about it? Without it being a shotgun marriage?
But what does that entail?
Haslam walks into Dorsey's office and says, "I don't want you to hire your own coach. I want Williams as HC and Kitchens as OC."
Then Dorsey walks into Williams' office and says, "You can be the HC but you can't hire your own OC. It has to be Kitchens."
How do ya go about it? Without it being a shotgun marriage?
Quit acting like Tony Grossi... I saw that on the Red Zone and wanted to choke him...
-
If the Browns hire Kitchens as HC would Williams agree to go back to being the DC ...I would think not given the current set up and wins ... I think Greg would be a little pissed off reverting to a position under a guy he currently is superior to in terms of the coaching set up .... I can see Kitchens as OC under Williams tho ....
If the Browns hire Kitchens as HC would Williams agree to go back to being the DC ...I would think not given the current set up and wins ... I think Greg would be a little pissed off reverting to a position under a guy he currently is superior to in terms of the coaching set up .... I can see Kitchens as OC under Williams tho ....
You do know that we have a pretty good DC as it is. Why fuck up a good thing? Why is it people wanna bitch yet don’t even know who the coaching staff is? FYI, we have two rookie play callers and a experienced HC running things.
-
I don't think this is a possibility. Like you said, I only see Kitchens keeping the job as OC and Williams staying at HC.
I don't know why the offensive mind has to be the HC even if we have a franchise QB in Mayfield and I don't see any team hiring Kitchens as HC after only 8 games as OC.
I don't think this is a possibility. Like you said, I only see Kitchens keeping the job as OC and Williams staying at HC.
I don't know why the offensive mind has to be the HC even if we have a franchise QB in Mayfield and I don't see any team hiring Kitchens as HC after only 8 games as OC.
I recently read an article about this situation that said Dorsey will have to find a way to keep emotion out of his decision. It's difficult because the team is playing well, the players are responding to coaches, and he doesn't want to screw up momentum. But the author said that Dorsey has to look through all of that and really try to look everywhere for a coach that could be even better than what we have now. We're an attractive destination (for once), and while I'll stop short of saying we can have any coach we want, I do think it's fair to say that we're the premier anticipated vacancy. More so than Green Bay.
The author cited several examples of failed coaching rollovers, such as Mangini winning 3 or 4 in a row to end a year, and then coming back to completely suck. Romeo Crennell having that one magical year, and then coming back to reality and sucking balls. I forget the others, but you get the point.
I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I don't think you can bring back Gregg Williams if he's not going to be the head coach. Like, if we hired Arians and kept Kitchens as the OC, I don't believe Gregg could just go back to being the DC. I think it'd confuse the players, blur roles, and possibly screw up our team mojo.
Could we keep everything the way it is now? We COULD, but I don't think we will. For one thing, if Dorsey WAS going to keep the status quo, he probably would have already announced it. I mean, why not? Your team is playing well, they're playing together, and you're winning games. I myself am kind of rooting for things to stay the same (new special teams coach though). Of course, I also wanted Hue Jackson to come back last year for the sake of continuity, so what do I freaking know?
-
I don't think this is a possibility. Like you said, I only see Kitchens keeping the job as OC and Williams staying at HC.
I don't know why the offensive mind has to be the HC even if we have a franchise QB in Mayfield and I don't see any team hiring Kitchens as HC after only 8 games as OC.
I recently read an article about this situation that said Dorsey will have to find a way to keep emotion out of his decision. It's difficult because the team is playing well, the players are responding to coaches, and he doesn't want to screw up momentum. But the author said that Dorsey has to look through all of that and really try to look everywhere for a coach that could be even better than what we have now. We're an attractive destination (for once), and while I'll stop short of saying we can have any coach we want, I do think it's fair to say that we're the premier anticipated vacancy. More so than Green Bay.
The author cited several examples of failed coaching rollovers, such as Mangini winning 3 or 4 in a row to end a year, and then coming back to completely suck. Romeo Crennell having that one magical year, and then coming back to reality and sucking balls. I forget the others, but you get the point.
I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I don't think you can bring back Gregg Williams if he's not going to be the head coach. Like, if we hired Arians and kept Kitchens as the OC, I don't believe Gregg could just go back to being the DC. I think it'd confuse the players, blur roles, and possibly screw up our team mojo.
Could we keep everything the way it is now? We COULD, but I don't think we will. For one thing, if Dorsey WAS going to keep the status quo, he probably would have already announced it. I mean, why not? Your team is playing well, they're playing together, and you're winning games. I myself am kind of rooting for things to stay the same (new special teams coach though). Of course, I also wanted Hue Jackson to come back last year for the sake of continuity, so what do I freaking know?
I recently read an article about this situation that said Dorsey will have to find a way to keep emotion out of his decision. It's difficult because the team is playing well, the players are responding to coaches, and he doesn't want to screw up momentum. But the author said that Dorsey has to look through all of that and really try to look everywhere for a coach that could be even better than what we have now. We're an attractive destination (for once), and while I'll stop short of saying we can have any coach we want, I do think it's fair to say that we're the premier anticipated vacancy. More so than Green Bay.
The author cited several examples of failed coaching rollovers, such as Mangini winning 3 or 4 in a row to end a year, and then coming back to completely suck. Romeo Crennell having that one magical year, and then coming back to reality and sucking balls. I forget the others, but you get the point.
I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I don't think you can bring back Gregg Williams if he's not going to be the head coach. Like, if we hired Arians and kept Kitchens as the OC, I don't believe Gregg could just go back to being the DC. I think it'd confuse the players, blur roles, and possibly screw up our team mojo.
Could we keep everything the way it is now? We COULD, but I don't think we will. For one thing, if Dorsey WAS going to keep the status quo, he probably would have already announced it. I mean, why not? Your team is playing well, they're playing together, and you're winning games. I myself am kind of rooting for things to stay the same (new special teams coach though). Of course, I also wanted Hue Jackson to come back last year for the sake of continuity, so what do I freaking know?
You’re wrong on one thing. Dorsey said that he will not address the HC situation until the season is over. And he has stuck to that. Everyone else wants to put words in Dorsey’s mouth. He’s remained silent
-
I recently read an article about this situation that said Dorsey will have to find a way to keep emotion out of his decision. It's difficult because the team is playing well, the players are responding to coaches, and he doesn't want to screw up momentum. But the author said that Dorsey has to look through all of that and really try to look everywhere for a coach that could be even better than what we have now. We're an attractive destination (for once), and while I'll stop short of saying we can have any coach we want, I do think it's fair to say that we're the premier anticipated vacancy. More so than Green Bay.
The author cited several examples of failed coaching rollovers, such as Mangini winning 3 or 4 in a row to end a year, and then coming back to completely suck. Romeo Crennell having that one magical year, and then coming back to reality and sucking balls. I forget the others, but you get the point.
I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I don't think you can bring back Gregg Williams if he's not going to be the head coach. Like, if we hired Arians and kept Kitchens as the OC, I don't believe Gregg could just go back to being the DC. I think it'd confuse the players, blur roles, and possibly screw up our team mojo.
Could we keep everything the way it is now? We COULD, but I don't think we will. For one thing, if Dorsey WAS going to keep the status quo, he probably would have already announced it. I mean, why not? Your team is playing well, they're playing together, and you're winning games. I myself am kind of rooting for things to stay the same (new special teams coach though). Of course, I also wanted Hue Jackson to come back last year for the sake of continuity, so what do I freaking know?
You’re wrong on one thing. Dorsey said that he will not address the HC situation until the season is over. And he has stuck to that. Everyone else wants to put words in Dorsey’s mouth. He’s remained silent
Dorsey said that he will not address the HC situation until the season is over. And he has stuck to that. Everyone else wants to put words in Dorsey’s mouth. He’s remained silent
read somewhere, Dorsey will have a presser Monday morning 9am..kinda think Haslam will be sitting to his left. the less Jimma's chitletts move the better..Baker in his best Dorsey sweater to his right would be awesome
-
I recently read an article about this situation that said Dorsey will have to find a way to keep emotion out of his decision. It's difficult because the team is playing well, the players are responding to coaches, and he doesn't want to screw up momentum. But the author said that Dorsey has to look through all of that and really try to look everywhere for a coach that could be even better than what we have now. We're an attractive destination (for once), and while I'll stop short of saying we can have any coach we want, I do think it's fair to say that we're the premier anticipated vacancy. More so than Green Bay.
The author cited several examples of failed coaching rollovers, such as Mangini winning 3 or 4 in a row to end a year, and then coming back to completely suck. Romeo Crennell having that one magical year, and then coming back to reality and sucking balls. I forget the others, but you get the point.
I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I don't think you can bring back Gregg Williams if he's not going to be the head coach. Like, if we hired Arians and kept Kitchens as the OC, I don't believe Gregg could just go back to being the DC. I think it'd confuse the players, blur roles, and possibly screw up our team mojo.
Could we keep everything the way it is now? We COULD, but I don't think we will. For one thing, if Dorsey WAS going to keep the status quo, he probably would have already announced it. I mean, why not? Your team is playing well, they're playing together, and you're winning games. I myself am kind of rooting for things to stay the same (new special teams coach though). Of course, I also wanted Hue Jackson to come back last year for the sake of continuity, so what do I freaking know?
You’re wrong on one thing. Dorsey said that he will not address the HC situation until the season is over. And he has stuck to that. Everyone else wants to put words in Dorsey’s mouth. He’s remained silent
You’re wrong on one thing. Dorsey said that he will not address the HC situation until the season is over. And he has stuck to that. Everyone else wants to put words in Dorsey’s mouth. He’s remained silent
That's a fair point. I guess I was just saying that perspectives can change, and Dorsey reserves the right to change his mind if he wants to. But you're right, he said he'd address it after the season and he generally sticks to his word. Man, how good does it feel to have a GM you believe in? You know what also feels good? I literally haven't looked at one single mock draft all year. I can't even THINK of the last time that happened.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login