Mike McCarthy Approached
-
How many coaches in the past 50 years were first-time NFL head coaches who never brought a team to a Super Bowl?
I don't know the answer to that but I do know it's more than the answer to my question which is 0. No coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then led another team to a Super Bowl championship. Which the comment I replied to said sure I don't want a super bowl-winning coach. Well I don't because it's been proven so far that they won't win another Superbowl with a different team. Like I said I don't know the answer to your question but if your question is how many Super Bowls have not been won by a coach that have only one them in one place the answer is 50. I'm not against "retreads". I'm against super bowl-winning retreads.
But off the top of my head Doug Pederson Sean Payton John Harbaugh Mike Tomlin. That's four more than the answer to mine.
Edit I misread your question as first-time head coaches that did win a Super Bowl because that is actually trackable without spending hours on it.
I don't know the answer to that but I do know it's more than the answer to my question which is 0. No coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then let another team to a Super Bowl championship.
like this one posted 3 hours and 3 minutes before your first answer of Mike Holmgren and sandwiched in between the two of my posts you chose to quote to respond to
-
A. I didn't twist your words, I simply repeated them. You said essentially that the NFL did not start until 1970, and that the entity all the time prior to that was the AFL. Your words. If you wish to say.."look, my mind was muddled and I got confused and got that wrong" then that is OK. Just admit that is what happened.
B. Now, you are changing the question you asked. You asked "what coach that won a Superbowl then took another team to a Super Bowl. And the answer given were Holmgren and Parcells". Now you want to change the question? And as I have said like 10 times now....the only coach to win a title with one team and then win with another has been Weeb Ewbanks. No matter what you want to call a championship.....AFL Championship, NFL Championship, NFL-AFL Championship, Super Bowl, it don't matter....the answers still remain the same no matter how many different ways you ask it.
So, let me, again....give you the facts:
A. Has any HC won Championships with 2 teams? Answer: yes: Weeb Ewbank
B. Has any HC won those Championship designated with the marketing name "Super Bowl" with 2 different teams? Answer: No.
C. Has any HC won a Super Bowl title with one team, then lost it with another? Yes, both Holmgren and Parcells have done that.
D. Has any HC lost a Super Bowl with one team then gone on to win a Super Bowl with another: Answer: Yes. Dick Vermeil
E. Has any coach lost Super Bowls with more than one team without having ever won a Super Bowl? Answer: Yes; Dan Reeves lost with both the Broncos and the Falcons. John Fox lost with both the Panthers and the Broncos.
F. Have coaches with the same last name ever won a Super Bowl and lost a Super Bowl. Yes....guys with the name Harbaugh. Brother John beat brother Jim.
Now that I have answered just about all the questions you could think to ask on this subject....and have given you the history of the NFL with its various mergers with other leagues and the championship game history....perhaps you can move on to something else?
You still didnt answer the original question. No I didn't change the question i asked you misinterpreted the question i asked if you look at my posts before you ever commented it is clear when I simply said another I was asking about another win not another appearance.
You still didnt answer the original question. No I didn't change the question i asked you misinterpreted the question i asked if you look at my posts before you ever commented it is clear when I simply said another I was asking about another win not another appearance.
I don't think you know what the original question is. I think you have simply confuse yourself. I have answered every question that you could have possibly think of.
But...go ahead......if I didn't answer your original question...it must have been because, perhaps it is unanswerable.
Nevertheless, repeat it. And I will make an effort.
-
I don't know the answer to that but I do know it's more than the answer to my question which is 0. No coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then let another team to a Super Bowl championship.
like this one posted 3 hours and 3 minutes before your first answer of Mike Holmgren and sandwiched in between the two of my posts you chose to quote to respond to
like this one posted 3 hours and 3 minutes before your first answer of Mike Holmgren and sandwiched in between the two of my posts you chose to quote to respond to
Jesus, Your language is terrible. No wonder you have confused yourself.
Your question is: and let me get this straight. Has any coach won a Super Bowl and then won one with another team? Is that your question? The very first reply to that question was No.....because Weeb Ewbank is the only coach to win championships with two teams in history.
Why are these simple answers so difficult for you to comprehend? Or are you more interested in chasing your tail than what the actual answers to the questions are?
-
Pete Carroll and Mike Holmgren each won a SB.. Do they suck too? How bout Tony Dungy...?
Nowhere do I say they suck. They are a super bowl winning coach of course they don't suck. I do however say that I don't want a super bowl-winning retry cuz it's so far been proven that they won't win another Superbowl with a separate team. Funny bring up Pete Carroll I was going to edit my post and say why stop it Weeb ewbank with an AFL and NFL Championship why not include Pete Carroll with the NCAA and NFL Championship. I'm not saying AFL is NCAA but I am saying they are two separate championships. But please show me where I said anything about any of these coaches sucking? You won't find it anywhere but go ahead and put words in my mouth because you presume you know what I think.
Nowhere do I say they suck. They are a super bowl winning coach of course they don't suck. I do however say that I don't want a super bowl-winning retry cuz it's so far been proven that they won't win another Superbowl with a separate team. Funny bring up Pete Carroll I was going to edit my post and say why stop it Weeb ewbank with an AFL and NFL Championship why not include Pete Carroll with the NCAA and NFL Championship. I'm not saying AFL is NCAA but I am saying they are two separate championships. But please show me where I said anything about any of these coaches sucking? You won't find it anywhere but go ahead and put words in my mouth because you presume you know what I think.
gipper happens to think a Championship by any other name is still a Championship....
-
Nowhere do I say they suck. They are a super bowl winning coach of course they don't suck. I do however say that I don't want a super bowl-winning retry cuz it's so far been proven that they won't win another Superbowl with a separate team. Funny bring up Pete Carroll I was going to edit my post and say why stop it Weeb ewbank with an AFL and NFL Championship why not include Pete Carroll with the NCAA and NFL Championship. I'm not saying AFL is NCAA but I am saying they are two separate championships. But please show me where I said anything about any of these coaches sucking? You won't find it anywhere but go ahead and put words in my mouth because you presume you know what I think.
gipper happens to think a Championship by any other name is still a Championship....
gipper happens to think a Championship by any other name is still a Championship....
Well...actually, I only count the championships actually that were won by teams in the NFL, and in the leagues that the NFL merged with...the AAFC and the AFL. The 4 NFL-AFL Championship games, later to be known as Super Bowls 1-4...are championships. BUT...I do NOT include the NFL and AFL championship game winners leading up to them as Championships won by those teams. I do not consider the 1966 Chiefs, the 1967 Raiders, the 1968 Colts, or the 1969 Vikings to have won a Championship. When the "Super Bowl" games for those years were instituted, those 4 teams then won the equivalent of a Conference Championship......even though they were called the NFL or AFL championship game....and even though they perhaps were designated NFL Champion or AFL Champion.
But, prior to that, when there was NO "Super Bowl"....those are considered Championships. 60/61 Oilers; '62 Texans; '63 Chargers; 64/65 Bills. 1960 Eagles, 61/62 Packers; '63 Bears, '64 Browns, '65 Packers.
Same with the 4 titles the Browns won in the AAFC 46-49; and the Bears in 46; Cardinals in 47, and Eagles in 48/49. But once the AAFC and NFL merged, it came down to a single championship again.
I do not count the likes of the USFL...that league did not merge with the NFL and NONE of those teams came on to become members of the NFL. Nor would I do the same with the XFL or the AAF....or the like...until and unless they become a part of the major league of the sport.
(In other sports....I would count ABA titles, and WHA titles.....leagues that merged and teams that became part of the NBA/NHL)
-
You think Jackson wanted Haley here? I think you're dreaming oh, it was forced on him that pissed him off every second of the day.
WSS
O I was under the impresssion that Haley was the guy Hue wanted to bring in.
who did he want then?
O I was under the impresssion that Haley was the guy Hue wanted to bring in.
who did he want then?
He didn't want anybody. He wanted to keep the job.
WSS
-
like this one posted 3 hours and 3 minutes before your first answer of Mike Holmgren and sandwiched in between the two of my posts you chose to quote to respond to
Jesus, Your language is terrible. No wonder you have confused yourself.
Your question is: and let me get this straight. Has any coach won a Super Bowl and then won one with another team? Is that your question? The very first reply to that question was No.....because Weeb Ewbank is the only coach to win championships with two teams in history.
Why are these simple answers so difficult for you to comprehend? Or are you more interested in chasing your tail than what the actual answers to the questions are?
Jesus, Your language is terrible. No wonder you have confused yourself.
Your question is: and let me get this straight. Has any coach won a Super Bowl and then won one with another team? Is that your question? The very first reply to that question was No.....because Weeb Ewbank is the only coach to win championships with two teams in history.
Why are these simple answers so difficult for you to comprehend? Or are you more interested in chasing your tail than what the actual answers to the questions are?
It's not a difficult answer that's why I said the answer is 0 and said your answer wasn't the correct answer. Which I've stated many times in this little back-and-forth the original question was has a coach won a Superbowl with a team and then went on and to win another with a different team as a head coach. your very first reply to that was Mike Holmgren. Your second reply to that was Parcells led such and such and then went to one with the Giants and "ween ewbank" won a championship with two separate themes. I am more interested in the answer to my original question because I don't want a super bowl-winning retread as a head coach. Not saying it won't happen because it probably will but so far no coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then won a second Super Bowl with a different team.
-
And I knew when I did my research and listed weeb ewbank as a coach who won a Superbowl in his first NFL head coaching gig you would be the curmudgeon to come in and said well you know he won one before because you're so damn intelligent and you're the end-all-be-all of football knowledge I bow down to you
-
Jesus, Your language is terrible. No wonder you have confused yourself.
Your question is: and let me get this straight. Has any coach won a Super Bowl and then won one with another team? Is that your question? The very first reply to that question was No.....because Weeb Ewbank is the only coach to win championships with two teams in history.
Why are these simple answers so difficult for you to comprehend? Or are you more interested in chasing your tail than what the actual answers to the questions are?
It's not a difficult answer that's why I said the answer is 0 and said your answer wasn't the correct answer. Which I've stated many times in this little back-and-forth the original question was has a coach won a Superbowl with a team and then went on and to win another with a different team as a head coach. your very first reply to that was Mike Holmgren. Your second reply to that was Parcells led such and such and then went to one with the Giants and "ween ewbank" won a championship with two separate themes. I am more interested in the answer to my original question because I don't want a super bowl-winning retread as a head coach. Not saying it won't happen because it probably will but so far no coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then won a second Super Bowl with a different team.
It's not a difficult answer that's why I said the answer is 0 and said your answer wasn't the correct answer.
Which I've stated many times in this little back-and-forth the original question was has a coach won a Superbowl with a team and then went on and to win another with a different team as a head coach. your very first reply to that was Mike Holmgren. Your second reply to that was Parcells led such and such and then went to one with the Giants and "ween ewbank" won a championship with two separate themes. I am more interested in the answer to my original question because I don't want a super bowl-winning retread as a head coach. Not saying it won't happen because it probably will but so far no coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then won a second Super Bowl with a different team.
Sorry, but it was your language skills that made whatever it was that you were trying to type to be incomprehensible.
You have ALL the fucking answers....why do I have to be the one to try to train you in English like you are a second grader?
-
And I knew when I did my research and listed weeb ewbank as a coach who won a Superbowl in his first NFL head coaching gig you would be the curmudgeon to come in and said well you know he won one before because you're so damn intelligent and you're the end-all-be-all of football knowledge I bow down to you
And I knew when I did my research and listed weeb ewbank as a coach who won a Superbowl in his first NFL head coaching gig you would be the curmudgeon to come in and said well you know he won one before because you're so damn intelligent and you're the end-all-be-all of football knowledge I bow down to you
Except...you had him winning an AFL title. If I was a curmudgeon, it was only because you completely flubbed up whatever it was that you were trying to ask or get across.
And its not that I am so intelligent, its just that in this area, I have studied it and I know my shit.
-
It's not a difficult answer that's why I said the answer is 0 and said your answer wasn't the correct answer.
Which I've stated many times in this little back-and-forth the original question was has a coach won a Superbowl with a team and then went on and to win another with a different team as a head coach. your very first reply to that was Mike Holmgren. Your second reply to that was Parcells led such and such and then went to one with the Giants and "ween ewbank" won a championship with two separate themes. I am more interested in the answer to my original question because I don't want a super bowl-winning retread as a head coach. Not saying it won't happen because it probably will but so far no coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then won a second Super Bowl with a different team.
Sorry, but it was your language skills that made whatever it was that you were trying to type to be incomprehensible.
You have ALL the fucking answers....why do I have to be the one to try to train you in English like you are a second grader?
I admit that I should have put "another win" instead of "another". However if you would have read the post right after that it is very clear that is what I'm talking about. The one I quoted in the one that is sandwich right in between the two post you happen to quote and respond to of mine But you wanted to try and demonstrate your amazing football knowledge. I get it you're trying to belittle me because I tried to teach you technology like a second grader when you couldn't get your talk-to-text working right. Have a great day gip
-
I admit that I should have put "another win" instead of "another". However if you would have read the post right after that it is very clear that is what I'm talking about. The one I quoted in the one that is sandwich right in between the two post you happen to quote and respond to of mine But you wanted to try and demonstrate your amazing football knowledge. I get it you're trying to belittle me because I tried to teach you technology like a second grader when you couldn't get your talk-to-text working right. Have a great day gip
I admit that I should have put "another win" instead of "another". However if you would have read the post right after that it is very clear that is what I'm talking about. The one I quoted in the one that is sandwich right in between the two post you happen to quote and respond to of mine But you wanted to try and demonstrate your amazing football knowledge. I get it you're trying to belittle me because I tried to teach you technology like a second grader when you couldn't get your talk-to-text working right. Have a great day gip
Not only are your language skills awful....I see that Choco has called you out as a cheating liar. You originally asked. ONLY...which coaches won a SB and then went on to take another team to the SB. (he says you edited in the "win" word). And I answered your original question.
But, be happy.....my answer to your original question was only partially correct. I just said "Holmgren"...when the answer is "Holmgren and Parcells".
And I already knew how to cut and paste and edit on here. And if I wanted someone to teach me to cheat and lie...well, from when I was 16 to 22 Richard Nixon was Potus, so I had better examples of that than you.
-
So, Gipper is correct. Just because dude went back and edited the question after the fact does not invalidate the answer, just means he moved the goal post
Because I left out the word when if you read the very next post it clearly makes that point. That I was talking about winning Super Bowls with two different teams. Why would I ask a question that I know the answer isn't 0 when I'm trying to make that my point that I don't want a super bowl-winning retread
-
I admit that I should have put "another win" instead of "another". However if you would have read the post right after that it is very clear that is what I'm talking about. The one I quoted in the one that is sandwich right in between the two post you happen to quote and respond to of mine But you wanted to try and demonstrate your amazing football knowledge. I get it you're trying to belittle me because I tried to teach you technology like a second grader when you couldn't get your talk-to-text working right. Have a great day gip
Not only are your language skills awful....I see that Choco has called you out as a cheating liar. You originally asked. ONLY...which coaches won a SB and then went on to take another team to the SB. (he says you edited in the "win" word). And I answered your original question.
But, be happy.....my answer to your original question was only partially correct. I just said "Holmgren"...when the answer is "Holmgren and Parcells".
And I already knew how to cut and paste and edit on here. And if I wanted someone to teach me to cheat and lie...well, from when I was 16 to 22 Richard Nixon was Potus, so I had better examples of that than you.
Not only are your language skills awful....I see that Choco has called you out as a cheating liar. You originally asked. ONLY...which coaches won a SB and then went on to take another team to the SB. (he says you edited in the "win" word). And I answered your original question.
But, be happy.....my answer to your original question was only partially correct. I just said "Holmgren"...when the answer is "Holmgren and Parcells".
And I already knew how to cut and paste and edit on here. And if I wanted someone to teach me to cheat and lie...well, from when I was 16 to 22 Richard Nixon was Potus, so I had better examples of that than you.
Okay it's not cheating and lying you dumb prick I left out the word when I admitted that or Victory whatever you want to say on accident but in my very next post on the subject after he quoted me it clearly states led them to another Super Bowl victory. When my point is that I don't want another Super bowl-winning retread why would I ask a question that I know the answer is not 0 when I can make my point by asking what coach has won a Super Bowl with two different teams. I worded that poorly and I left out a word doesn't mean I'm a cheating liar. It's people like you that will keep me from going to the Browns board tailgate next year.
-
So, Gipper is correct. Just because dude went back and edited the question after the fact does not invalidate the answer, just means he moved the goal post
I don't know the answer to that but I do know it's more than the answer to my question which is 0. No coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then led another team to a Super Bowl championship. Which the comment I replied to said sure I don't want a super bowl-winning coach. Well I don't because it's been proven so far that they won't win another Superbowl with a different team. Like I said I don't know the answer to your question but if your question is how many Super Bowls have not been won by a coach that have only one them in one place the answer is 50. I'm not against "retreads". I'm against super bowl-winning retreads.
But off the top of my head Doug Pederson Sean Payton John Harbaugh Mike Tomlin. That's four more than the answer to mine.
Edit I misread your question as first-time head coaches that did win a Super Bowl because that is actually trackable without spending hours on it.
Why no screenshot of this post. The one that was made 20 minutes after the original one when I was asked a question to my question by Dutch. It makes it very clear that I am talking about another win and I accidentally left a word out. Which this post that I just quoted was before Gipper's response so it should make it clear that I'm talking about winning a Super Bowl with two different teams
-
So, Gipper is correct. Just because dude went back and edited the question after the fact does not invalidate the answer, just means he moved the goal post
Because I left out the word when if you read the very next post it clearly makes that point. That I was talking about winning Super Bowls with two different teams. Why would I ask a question that I know the answer isn't 0 when I'm trying to make that my point that I don't want a super bowl-winning retread
Because I left out the word when if you read the very next post it clearly makes that point. That I was talking about winning Super Bowls with two different teams. Why would I ask a question that I know the answer isn't 0 when I'm trying to make that my point that I don't want a super bowl-winning retread
I answered the post you made. I did that before I saw your next post. I did it before you edited your first post. I can only answer a question that is asked. In Jeopardy they don't say "wait...don't ring in to answer this question until after the next question is asked". It don't work that way.
-
So you guys wrote hundreds of words about "who said what" over a question about coaches that had won a SB with 2 different teams?
Internet is amazing.
So you guys wrote hundreds of words about "who said what" over a question about coaches that had won a SB with 2 different teams?
Internet is amazing.
And it's all over my text to talk not picking up the word win. Or maybe it did and spelled it as "when" so when glimpsing over it I deleted the entire word instead of changing it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login