Mike McCarthy Approached
-
McCarthy would be a nightmare for Chubb. I think McCarthy and Baker may bump heads too. How much of the fallout was Rodgers or his coach. I personally believe the team fell apart due to lack of talent and the wrong guy got the blame
McCarthy would be a nightmare for Chubb. I think McCarthy and Baker may bump heads too. How much of the fallout was Rodgers or his coach. I personally believe the team fell apart due to lack of talent and the wrong guy got the blame
I was intrigued at first about McCarthy, but the more I read (and heard specifically from Packers fans) the more I think McCarthy's best years might be behind him.
I also think A-a-ron Rodgers might very well be a world-class douche nozzle too, so there's that. It might be a combo situation in Green Bay. -
Rodgers actually doesn't talk to his own family any more either.. I would make no conclusions about the GB situation until we learn more
-
Nobody in here knows what really went on behind closed doors in GB. I believe they let the talent around Rogers disintegrate. Dorsey knows first hand what went on there while he was there. If he interviews McCarthy, then he still believes in him. If he does not, it will send up red flags to the rest of the league.
-
One SB won with Aaron Rodgers is a negative rather than a positive
And the cavs only won one championship with lebron, kyrie and kevin love......it is what is.
And the cavs only won one championship with lebron, kyrie and kevin love......it is what is.
They only played in 2 finals and won one....I think i would take that every time.
-
-
No no no no no no
No retreads
Yeah i absolutely disdain SB winning coaches, utter contempt for them....not sure why the Browns would want someone like thst. ?
Yeah i absolutely disdain SB winning coaches, utter contempt for them....not sure why the Browns would want someone like thst. ?
How many coaches in the past 50 years have won a Superbowl for one franchise and then went and coached another to another Super Bowl victory? I'll wait.
-
Yeah i absolutely disdain SB winning coaches, utter contempt for them....not sure why the Browns would want someone like thst. ?
How many coaches in the past 50 years have won a Superbowl for one franchise and then went and coached another to another Super Bowl victory? I'll wait.
-
How many coaches in the past 50 years were first-time NFL head coaches who never brought a team to a Super Bowl?
I don't know the answer to that but I do know it's more than the answer to my question which is 0. No coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then led another team to a Super Bowl championship. Which the comment I replied to said sure I don't want a super bowl-winning coach. Well I don't because it's been proven so far that they won't win another Superbowl with a different team. Like I said I don't know the answer to your question but if your question is how many Super Bowls have not been won by a coach that have only one them in one place the answer is 50. I'm not against "retreads". I'm against super bowl-winning retreads.
But off the top of my head Doug Pederson Sean Payton John Harbaugh Mike Tomlin. That's four more than the answer to mine.
Edit I misread your question as first-time head coaches that did win a Super Bowl because that is actually trackable without spending hours on it.
-
How many coaches in the past 50 years were first-time NFL head coaches who never brought a team to a Super Bowl?
I don't know the answer to that but I do know it's more than the answer to my question which is 0. No coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then led another team to a Super Bowl championship. Which the comment I replied to said sure I don't want a super bowl-winning coach. Well I don't because it's been proven so far that they won't win another Superbowl with a different team. Like I said I don't know the answer to your question but if your question is how many Super Bowls have not been won by a coach that have only one them in one place the answer is 50. I'm not against "retreads". I'm against super bowl-winning retreads.
But off the top of my head Doug Pederson Sean Payton John Harbaugh Mike Tomlin. That's four more than the answer to mine.
Edit I misread your question as first-time head coaches that did win a Super Bowl because that is actually trackable without spending hours on it.
I don't know the answer to that but I do know it's more than the answer to my question which is 0. No coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then let another team to a Super Bowl championship. Which the, I replied you said sure I don't want a super bowl-winning coach. Well I don't because it's been proven so far that they won't win another Superbowl with a different team. Like I said I don't know the answer to your question but if your question is how many Super Bowls have not been won by a coach that have only one them in one place the answer is 50. I'm not against "retreads". I'm against super bowl-winning retreads
Fair enough.
-
Arians - HC
Kitchens - OC
Bowles - DC
-
How many coaches in the past 50 years were first-time NFL head coaches who never brought a team to a Super Bowl?
Okay I did my research there have been 32 super bowl-winning coaches. Of those 32
Mike McCarthy, Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, weeb ewbank, Hank stram ( Dallas Texans turn the Kansas City Chiefs), Vince Lombardi, Barry Switzer, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, Don McCafferty, Doug Pederson, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are all coaches who won a Superbowl at their first NFL head coaching gig. So by count that is 23. Like I said I still don't know the answer to your question because there have been a lot of first-time coaches that didn't win a championship but odds are if you want to win a championship you hire a first-time NFL head coach. 72% of the Super bowls have been won by a coach in their first NFL coaching gig.
-
Yeah i absolutely disdain SB winning coaches, utter contempt for them....not sure why the Browns would want someone like thst. ?
How many coaches in the past 50 years have won a Superbowl for one franchise and then went and coached another to another Super Bowl victory? I'll wait.
-
How many coaches in the past 50 years were first-time NFL head coaches who never brought a team to a Super Bowl?
Okay I did my research there have been 32 super bowl-winning coaches. Of those 32
Mike McCarthy, Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, weeb ewbank, Hank stram ( Dallas Texans turn the Kansas City Chiefs), Vince Lombardi, Barry Switzer, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, Don McCafferty, Doug Pederson, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are all coaches who won a Superbowl at their first NFL head coaching gig. So by count that is 23. Like I said I still don't know the answer to your question because there have been a lot of first-time coaches that didn't win a championship but odds are if you want to win a championship you hire a first-time NFL head coach. 72% of the Super bowls have been won by a coach in their first NFL coaching gig.
Okay I did my research there have been 32 super bowl-winning coaches. Of those 32
Mike McCarthy, Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, weeb ewbank, Hank stram ( Dallas Texans turn the Kansas City Chiefs), Vince Lombardi, Barry Switzer, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, Don McCafferty, Doug Pederson, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are all coaches who won a Superbowl at their first head coaching gig. So by count that is 23. Like I said I still don't know the answer to your question because there have been a lot of first-time coaches that didn't win a championship but odds are if you want to win a championship you hire a first-time NFL head coach. 72% of the Super bowls have been won by a coach in their first NFL coaching gig.
Parcels took the patriots to the Super Bowl after he won 2 with the Giants. And Ween Ewbanks won two championships with the Colts and then later one one with the Jets.
-
-
McCarthy interviews with Browns on Thursday
-
Honestly this is what i was thinking the other day.
Doesn't seem, from anything I've read, that Arians is even in the mix.
WSS
-
Mike Holmgren
I should have been more clear when I say another Super Bowl I meant another Super Bowl "win"
-
Okay I did my research there have been 32 super bowl-winning coaches. Of those 32
Mike McCarthy, Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, weeb ewbank, Hank stram ( Dallas Texans turn the Kansas City Chiefs), Vince Lombardi, Barry Switzer, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, Don McCafferty, Doug Pederson, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are all coaches who won a Superbowl at their first head coaching gig. So by count that is 23. Like I said I still don't know the answer to your question because there have been a lot of first-time coaches that didn't win a championship but odds are if you want to win a championship you hire a first-time NFL head coach. 72% of the Super bowls have been won by a coach in their first NFL coaching gig.
Parcels took the patriots to the Super Bowl after he won 2 with the Giants. And Ween Ewbanks won two championships with the Colts and then later one one with the Jets.
Parcels took the patriots to the Super Bowl after he won 2 with the Giants. And Ween Ewbanks won two championships with the Colts and then later one one with the Jets.
I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.
-
Honestly this is what i was thinking the other day.
Doesn't seem, from anything I've read, that Arians is even in the mix.
WSS
Doesn't seem, from anything I've read, that Arians is even in the mix.
WSS
I haven't read a word on Iowa State head coach, and local boy Matt Campbell either.
-
Parcels took the patriots to the Super Bowl after he won 2 with the Giants. And Ween Ewbanks won two championships with the Colts and then later one one with the Jets.
I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.
I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.
Who gives a shit if it’s the Super Bowl or a pre-Super Bowl championship they’re all just championships. it don’t mean shit when they were won. Ween Ewbank isthe only guy in history who won championships with two different teams. just because you’re young and dumb doesn’t mean things didn’t happen before your sorry ass was born.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login