Mike McCarthy Approached
-
How many coaches in the past 50 years were first-time NFL head coaches who never brought a team to a Super Bowl?
I don't know the answer to that but I do know it's more than the answer to my question which is 0. No coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then led another team to a Super Bowl championship. Which the comment I replied to said sure I don't want a super bowl-winning coach. Well I don't because it's been proven so far that they won't win another Superbowl with a different team. Like I said I don't know the answer to your question but if your question is how many Super Bowls have not been won by a coach that have only one them in one place the answer is 50. I'm not against "retreads". I'm against super bowl-winning retreads.
But off the top of my head Doug Pederson Sean Payton John Harbaugh Mike Tomlin. That's four more than the answer to mine.
Edit I misread your question as first-time head coaches that did win a Super Bowl because that is actually trackable without spending hours on it.
I don't know the answer to that but I do know it's more than the answer to my question which is 0. No coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then let another team to a Super Bowl championship. Which the, I replied you said sure I don't want a super bowl-winning coach. Well I don't because it's been proven so far that they won't win another Superbowl with a different team. Like I said I don't know the answer to your question but if your question is how many Super Bowls have not been won by a coach that have only one them in one place the answer is 50. I'm not against "retreads". I'm against super bowl-winning retreads
Fair enough.
-
Arians - HC
Kitchens - OC
Bowles - DC
-
How many coaches in the past 50 years were first-time NFL head coaches who never brought a team to a Super Bowl?
Okay I did my research there have been 32 super bowl-winning coaches. Of those 32
Mike McCarthy, Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, weeb ewbank, Hank stram ( Dallas Texans turn the Kansas City Chiefs), Vince Lombardi, Barry Switzer, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, Don McCafferty, Doug Pederson, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are all coaches who won a Superbowl at their first NFL head coaching gig. So by count that is 23. Like I said I still don't know the answer to your question because there have been a lot of first-time coaches that didn't win a championship but odds are if you want to win a championship you hire a first-time NFL head coach. 72% of the Super bowls have been won by a coach in their first NFL coaching gig.
-
Yeah i absolutely disdain SB winning coaches, utter contempt for them....not sure why the Browns would want someone like thst. ?
How many coaches in the past 50 years have won a Superbowl for one franchise and then went and coached another to another Super Bowl victory? I'll wait.
-
How many coaches in the past 50 years were first-time NFL head coaches who never brought a team to a Super Bowl?
Okay I did my research there have been 32 super bowl-winning coaches. Of those 32
Mike McCarthy, Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, weeb ewbank, Hank stram ( Dallas Texans turn the Kansas City Chiefs), Vince Lombardi, Barry Switzer, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, Don McCafferty, Doug Pederson, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are all coaches who won a Superbowl at their first NFL head coaching gig. So by count that is 23. Like I said I still don't know the answer to your question because there have been a lot of first-time coaches that didn't win a championship but odds are if you want to win a championship you hire a first-time NFL head coach. 72% of the Super bowls have been won by a coach in their first NFL coaching gig.
Okay I did my research there have been 32 super bowl-winning coaches. Of those 32
Mike McCarthy, Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, weeb ewbank, Hank stram ( Dallas Texans turn the Kansas City Chiefs), Vince Lombardi, Barry Switzer, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, Don McCafferty, Doug Pederson, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are all coaches who won a Superbowl at their first head coaching gig. So by count that is 23. Like I said I still don't know the answer to your question because there have been a lot of first-time coaches that didn't win a championship but odds are if you want to win a championship you hire a first-time NFL head coach. 72% of the Super bowls have been won by a coach in their first NFL coaching gig.
Parcels took the patriots to the Super Bowl after he won 2 with the Giants. And Ween Ewbanks won two championships with the Colts and then later one one with the Jets.
-
-
McCarthy interviews with Browns on Thursday
-
Honestly this is what i was thinking the other day.
Doesn't seem, from anything I've read, that Arians is even in the mix.
WSS
-
Mike Holmgren
I should have been more clear when I say another Super Bowl I meant another Super Bowl "win"
-
Okay I did my research there have been 32 super bowl-winning coaches. Of those 32
Mike McCarthy, Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, weeb ewbank, Hank stram ( Dallas Texans turn the Kansas City Chiefs), Vince Lombardi, Barry Switzer, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, Don McCafferty, Doug Pederson, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are all coaches who won a Superbowl at their first head coaching gig. So by count that is 23. Like I said I still don't know the answer to your question because there have been a lot of first-time coaches that didn't win a championship but odds are if you want to win a championship you hire a first-time NFL head coach. 72% of the Super bowls have been won by a coach in their first NFL coaching gig.
Parcels took the patriots to the Super Bowl after he won 2 with the Giants. And Ween Ewbanks won two championships with the Colts and then later one one with the Jets.
Parcels took the patriots to the Super Bowl after he won 2 with the Giants. And Ween Ewbanks won two championships with the Colts and then later one one with the Jets.
I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.
-
Honestly this is what i was thinking the other day.
Doesn't seem, from anything I've read, that Arians is even in the mix.
WSS
Doesn't seem, from anything I've read, that Arians is even in the mix.
WSS
I haven't read a word on Iowa State head coach, and local boy Matt Campbell either.
-
Parcels took the patriots to the Super Bowl after he won 2 with the Giants. And Ween Ewbanks won two championships with the Colts and then later one one with the Jets.
I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.
I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.
Who gives a shit if it’s the Super Bowl or a pre-Super Bowl championship they’re all just championships. it don’t mean shit when they were won. Ween Ewbank isthe only guy in history who won championships with two different teams. just because you’re young and dumb doesn’t mean things didn’t happen before your sorry ass was born.
-
McCarthy is anti energy to Bakers electricity.. he's bland.. I'm not into bland... Does That mean he'll bring Mike Pettine as D coordinator LOL?
McCarthy is anti energy to Bakers electricity.. he's bland.. I'm not into bland... Does That mean he'll bring Mike Pettine as D coordinator LOL?
McCarthy scratches his nuts and then smells his hand. The guy is a fucktard Mike Holmgren clone. As.Mah Nikkaz says.....Nyet to that asshole.
-
-
But what if the Jets sign him first? I know what I heard but it’s just rumor.
Rumor?? Here on the Browns board??
Shocking.
WSS
-
Sam Darnold and Mike McCarthy would be a better fit then Mike and Baker.
WSS
-
Sam Darnold and Mike McCarthy would be a better fit then Mike and Baker.
WSS
Sam Darnold and Mike McCarthy would be a better fit then Mike and Baker.
WSS
That’s the impression I get. And the Jets have had horrible luck with first timers
-
But what if the Jets sign him first? I know what I heard but it’s just rumor.
Then let them. He can always then just use Kermit's line: It's not easy being green.
-
But what if the Jets sign him first? I know what I heard but it’s just rumor.
Then let them. He can always then just use Kermit's line: It's not easy being green.
Then let them. He can always then just use Kermit's line: It's not easy being green.
I am of the opinion that Dorsey will interview him out of respect more than desire.
-
I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.
Who gives a shit if it’s the Super Bowl or a pre-Super Bowl championship they’re all just championships. it don’t mean shit when they were won. Ween Ewbank isthe only guy in history who won championships with two different teams. just because you’re young and dumb doesn’t mean things didn’t happen before your sorry ass was born.
Who gives a shit if it’s the Super Bowl or a pre-Super Bowl championship they’re all just championships. it don’t mean shit when they were won. Ween Ewbank isthe only guy in history who won championships with two different teams. just because you’re young and dumb doesn’t mean things didn’t happen before your sorry ass was born.
Because we are awarded super bowl championships now. Coaches are now judged on super bowl championships like for instance on the list of multiple super bowl victories ewbank is not on there and most importantly my fucking question was how many coaches have coached a team to a "super bowl win" and then went to coach a different team to another one. In your little trivia threads if you ask a question and i answer it with outside of the specs of the question because of how I interpret things it doesn't make it right. It's not even called the same league man. AFL and NFL. Which in one of my posts it says first "NFL" coaching gig. Be like you asking what coach has won the most AFL championships and I say Bill Belichick's won 5. The answer to my question is still is 0 regardless of what your old curmudgeon ass wants it to be. Whether you like it or not they are separate categories. AFL championships and Super Bowl World (NFL) Championships.
If my question were who is the only coach to coach both in AFL and NFL championship team then WEEB Ewbank would a viable (and correct answer).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login