Mike McCarthy Approached
-
Parcels took the patriots to the Super Bowl after he won 2 with the Giants. And Ween Ewbanks won two championships with the Colts and then later one one with the Jets.
I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.
I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.
Who gives a shit if it’s the Super Bowl or a pre-Super Bowl championship they’re all just championships. it don’t mean shit when they were won. Ween Ewbank isthe only guy in history who won championships with two different teams. just because you’re young and dumb doesn’t mean things didn’t happen before your sorry ass was born.
-
McCarthy is anti energy to Bakers electricity.. he's bland.. I'm not into bland... Does That mean he'll bring Mike Pettine as D coordinator LOL?
McCarthy is anti energy to Bakers electricity.. he's bland.. I'm not into bland... Does That mean he'll bring Mike Pettine as D coordinator LOL?
McCarthy scratches his nuts and then smells his hand. The guy is a fucktard Mike Holmgren clone. As.Mah Nikkaz says.....Nyet to that asshole.
-
-
But what if the Jets sign him first? I know what I heard but it’s just rumor.
Rumor?? Here on the Browns board??
Shocking.
WSS
-
Sam Darnold and Mike McCarthy would be a better fit then Mike and Baker.
WSS
-
Sam Darnold and Mike McCarthy would be a better fit then Mike and Baker.
WSS
Sam Darnold and Mike McCarthy would be a better fit then Mike and Baker.
WSS
That’s the impression I get. And the Jets have had horrible luck with first timers
-
But what if the Jets sign him first? I know what I heard but it’s just rumor.
Then let them. He can always then just use Kermit's line: It's not easy being green.
-
But what if the Jets sign him first? I know what I heard but it’s just rumor.
Then let them. He can always then just use Kermit's line: It's not easy being green.
Then let them. He can always then just use Kermit's line: It's not easy being green.
I am of the opinion that Dorsey will interview him out of respect more than desire.
-
I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.
Who gives a shit if it’s the Super Bowl or a pre-Super Bowl championship they’re all just championships. it don’t mean shit when they were won. Ween Ewbank isthe only guy in history who won championships with two different teams. just because you’re young and dumb doesn’t mean things didn’t happen before your sorry ass was born.
Who gives a shit if it’s the Super Bowl or a pre-Super Bowl championship they’re all just championships. it don’t mean shit when they were won. Ween Ewbank isthe only guy in history who won championships with two different teams. just because you’re young and dumb doesn’t mean things didn’t happen before your sorry ass was born.
Because we are awarded super bowl championships now. Coaches are now judged on super bowl championships like for instance on the list of multiple super bowl victories ewbank is not on there and most importantly my fucking question was how many coaches have coached a team to a "super bowl win" and then went to coach a different team to another one. In your little trivia threads if you ask a question and i answer it with outside of the specs of the question because of how I interpret things it doesn't make it right. It's not even called the same league man. AFL and NFL. Which in one of my posts it says first "NFL" coaching gig. Be like you asking what coach has won the most AFL championships and I say Bill Belichick's won 5. The answer to my question is still is 0 regardless of what your old curmudgeon ass wants it to be. Whether you like it or not they are separate categories. AFL championships and Super Bowl World (NFL) Championships.
If my question were who is the only coach to coach both in AFL and NFL championship team then WEEB Ewbank would a viable (and correct answer).
-
Who gives a shit if it’s the Super Bowl or a pre-Super Bowl championship they’re all just championships. it don’t mean shit when they were won. Ween Ewbank isthe only guy in history who won championships with two different teams. just because you’re young and dumb doesn’t mean things didn’t happen before your sorry ass was born.
Because we are awarded super bowl championships now. Coaches are now judged on super bowl championships like for instance on the list of multiple super bowl victories ewbank is not on there and most importantly my fucking question was how many coaches have coached a team to a "super bowl win" and then went to coach a different team to another one. In your little trivia threads if you ask a question and i answer it with outside of the specs of the question because of how I interpret things it doesn't make it right. It's not even called the same league man. AFL and NFL. Which in one of my posts it says first "NFL" coaching gig. Be like you asking what coach has won the most AFL championships and I say Bill Belichick's won 5. The answer to my question is still is 0 regardless of what your old curmudgeon ass wants it to be. Whether you like it or not they are separate categories. AFL championships and Super Bowl World (NFL) Championships.
If my question were who is the only coach to coach both in AFL and NFL championship team then WEEB Ewbank would a viable (and correct answer).
Because we are awarded super bowl championships now. Coaches are now judged on super bowl championships like for instance on the list of multiple super bowl victories ewbank is not on there and most importantly my fucking question was how many coaches have coached a team to a "super bowl win" and then went to coach a different team to another one. In your little trivia threads if you ask a question and i answer it with outside of the specs of the question because of how I interpret things it doesn't make it right. It's not even called the same league man. AFL and NFL. Which in one of my posts it says first "NFL" coaching gig. Be like you asking what coach has won the most AFL championships and I say Bill Belichick's won 5. The answer to my question is still is 0 regardless of what your old curmudgeon ass wants it to be. Whether you like it or not they are separate categories. AFL championships and Super Bowl World (NFL) Championships.
Pete Carroll and Mike Holmgren each won a SB.. Do they suck too? How bout Tony Dungy...?
-
Because we are awarded super bowl championships now. Coaches are now judged on super bowl championships like for instance on the list of multiple super bowl victories ewbank is not on there and most importantly my fucking question was how many coaches have coached a team to a "super bowl win" and then went to coach a different team to another one. In your little trivia threads if you ask a question and i answer it with outside of the specs of the question because of how I interpret things it doesn't make it right. It's not even called the same league man. AFL and NFL. Which in one of my posts it says first "NFL" coaching gig. Be like you asking what coach has won the most AFL championships and I say Bill Belichick's won 5. The answer to my question is still is 0 regardless of what your old curmudgeon ass wants it to be. Whether you like it or not they are separate categories. AFL championships and Super Bowl World (NFL) Championships.
Pete Carroll and Mike Holmgren each won a SB.. Do they suck too? How bout Tony Dungy...?
Pete Carroll and Mike Holmgren each won a SB.. Do they suck too? How bout Tony Dungy...?
Nowhere do I say they suck. They are a super bowl winning coach of course they don't suck. I do however say that I don't want a super bowl-winning retry cuz it's so far been proven that they won't win another Superbowl with a separate team. Funny bring up Pete Carroll I was going to edit my post and say why stop it Weeb ewbank with an AFL and NFL Championship why not include Pete Carroll with the NCAA and NFL Championship. I'm not saying AFL is NCAA but I am saying they are two separate championships. But please show me where I said anything about any of these coaches sucking? You won't find it anywhere but go ahead and put words in my mouth because you presume you know what I think.
-
Who gives a shit if it’s the Super Bowl or a pre-Super Bowl championship they’re all just championships. it don’t mean shit when they were won. Ween Ewbank isthe only guy in history who won championships with two different teams. just because you’re young and dumb doesn’t mean things didn’t happen before your sorry ass was born.
Because we are awarded super bowl championships now. Coaches are now judged on super bowl championships like for instance on the list of multiple super bowl victories ewbank is not on there and most importantly my fucking question was how many coaches have coached a team to a "super bowl win" and then went to coach a different team to another one. In your little trivia threads if you ask a question and i answer it with outside of the specs of the question because of how I interpret things it doesn't make it right. It's not even called the same league man. AFL and NFL. Which in one of my posts it says first "NFL" coaching gig. Be like you asking what coach has won the most AFL championships and I say Bill Belichick's won 5. The answer to my question is still is 0 regardless of what your old curmudgeon ass wants it to be. Whether you like it or not they are separate categories. AFL championships and Super Bowl World (NFL) Championships.
If my question were who is the only coach to coach both in AFL and NFL championship team then WEEB Ewbank would a viable (and correct answer).
Because we are awarded super bowl championships now. Coaches are now judged on super bowl championships like for instance on the list of multiple super bowl victories ewbank is not on there and most importantly my fucking question was how many coaches have coached a team to a "super bowl win" and then went to coach a different team to another one. In your little trivia threads if you ask a question and i answer it with outside of the specs of the question because of how I interpret things it doesn't make it right. It's not even called the same league man. AFL and NFL. Which in one of my posts it says first "NFL" coaching gig. Be like you asking what coach has won the most AFL championships and I say Bill Belichick's won 5. The answer to my question is still is 0 regardless of what your old curmudgeon ass wants it to be. Whether you like it or not they are separate categories. AFL championships and Super Bowl World (NFL) Championships.
If my question were who is the only coach to coach both in AFL and NFL championship team then WEEB Ewbank would a viable (and correct answer).
Quick question dude, why’s it named the Lombardi trophy?
-
Because we are awarded super bowl championships now. Coaches are now judged on super bowl championships like for instance on the list of multiple super bowl victories ewbank is not on there and most importantly my fucking question was how many coaches have coached a team to a "super bowl win" and then went to coach a different team to another one. In your little trivia threads if you ask a question and i answer it with outside of the specs of the question because of how I interpret things it doesn't make it right. It's not even called the same league man. AFL and NFL. Which in one of my posts it says first "NFL" coaching gig. Be like you asking what coach has won the most AFL championships and I say Bill Belichick's won 5. The answer to my question is still is 0 regardless of what your old curmudgeon ass wants it to be. Whether you like it or not they are separate categories. AFL championships and Super Bowl World (NFL) Championships.
If my question were who is the only coach to coach both in AFL and NFL championship team then WEEB Ewbank would a viable (and correct answer).
Quick question dude, why’s it named the Lombardi trophy?
Quick question dude, why’s it named the Lombardi trophy?
Follow-up question was the AFL championship trophy named the Lombardi trophy?
Also it wasn't officially named the Lombardi trophy until Super Bowl 5 and they named that because Lombardi won the first two Super Bowls.
-
Quick question dude, why’s it named the Lombardi trophy?
Follow-up question was the AFL championship trophy named the Lombardi trophy?
Also it wasn't officially named the Lombardi trophy until Super Bowl 5 and they named that because Lombardi won the first two Super Bowls.
-
Ole Vince would probably have punched you in the nose for even asking that one.
I edited my previous post. It wasn't officially named Lombardi trophy until after Super Bowl 5. And they named it that do to Lombardi Winning the first two Super Bowls. It was originally named the World Championship Game Trophy. The reason I asked that question is because it clearly wasn't called the Lombardi trophy because they are not the same championship. I assumed you were asking me that thinking that was named after Vince Lombardi's perceived AFL success therefore meaning they're the same thing? If I am wrong in that I apologize that would be me putting words in your mouth much like nickers did mine.
-
Ole Vince would probably have punched you in the nose for even asking that one.
I edited my previous post. It wasn't officially named Lombardi trophy until after Super Bowl 5. And they named it that do to Lombardi Winning the first two Super Bowls. It was originally named the World Championship Game Trophy. The reason I asked that question is because it clearly wasn't called the Lombardi trophy because they are not the same championship. I assumed you were asking me that thinking that was named after Vince Lombardi's perceived AFL success therefore meaning they're the same thing? If I am wrong in that I apologize that would be me putting words in your mouth much like nickers did mine.
I edited my previous post. It wasn't officially named Lombardi trophy until after Super Bowl 5. And they named it that do to Lombardi Winning the first two Super Bowls. It was originally named the World Championship Game Trophy. The reason I asked that question is because it clearly wasn't called the Lombardi trophy because they are not the same championship. I assumed you were asking me that thinking that was named after Vince Lombardi's AFL success therefore meaning they're the same thing? If I am wrong in that I apologize that would be me putting words in your mouth much like nickers did mine.
They named it the Lombardi trophy because he died of cancer in the previous year. It had nothing to do with him winning the first 2 AFL/NFL World Championship Game. Baltimore won the very first title with the “Superbowl” moniker.
Boy do I feel dumb!
-
FWIW, Vince Lombardi thought the AFL was very inferior to the NFL. And never had a thing to do with that league
-
I edited my previous post. It wasn't officially named Lombardi trophy until after Super Bowl 5. And they named it that do to Lombardi Winning the first two Super Bowls. It was originally named the World Championship Game Trophy. The reason I asked that question is because it clearly wasn't called the Lombardi trophy because they are not the same championship. I assumed you were asking me that thinking that was named after Vince Lombardi's AFL success therefore meaning they're the same thing? If I am wrong in that I apologize that would be me putting words in your mouth much like nickers did mine.
They named it the Lombardi trophy because he died of cancer in the previous year. It had nothing to do with him winning the first 2 AFL/NFL World Championship Game. Baltimore won the very first title with the “Superbowl” moniker.
Boy do I feel dumb!
They named it the Lombardi trophy because he died of cancer in the previous year. It had nothing to do with him winning the first 2 AFL/NFL World Championship Game. Baltimore won the very first title with the “Superbowl” moniker.
Boy do I feel dumb!
It was officially renamed in 1970 in memory of NFL head coach Vince Lombardi, who led the Packers to victories in the first two Super Bowl games, after his death from cancer.[1][5]It was thus presented for the first time as the Vince Lombardi Trophy in Super Bowl V when the Baltimore Colts defeated the Dallas Cowboys 16-13. Regardless this whole thing started because I asked if there has ever been a head coach to win a Superbowl with two different franchises as the head coach of both. After i said 0 gip tried to prove his football knowledge basically telling me no "ween ewbank" did. When I brought up my question was directly. Super Bowls and AFL championships and Super Bowls are not the same thing that's what started this whole conversation. And they are not the same thing
-
so, the moniker superbowl seemed to be the semantical base of this discussion....yet, the AFL/NFL Championship wasn't officially the Superbowl till Superbowl V. think this easily dismisses the notion that pre-superbowl championships dont matter because the games had a different name. championship is a championship...
try telling packers fans SB I&II victories dont matter because the name was different...lol they still list their NFL championships on their site
-
so, the moniker superbowl seemed to be the semantical base of this discussion....yet, the AFL/NFL Championship wasn't officially the Superbowl till Superbowl V. think this easily dismisses the notion that pre-superbowl championships dont matter because the games had a different name. championship is a championship...
try telling packers fans SB I&II victories dont matter because the name was different...lol they still list their NFL championships on their site
so, the moniker superbowl seemed to be the semantical base of this discussion....yet, the AFL/NFL Championship wasn't officially the Superbowl till Superbowl V. think this easily dismisses the notion that pre-superbowl championships dont matter because the games had a different name. championship is a championship...
try telling packers fans SB I&II victories dont matter because the name was different...lol they still list their NFL championships on their site
But only because that week had Two Tuesday’s in it. As a side note, that’s where the whole twofer thing started too....lol
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login