Skip to content

What position/player are you watching for the bowl season?

The Browns Board
37 11 734
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Josh Allen, OLB for Kentucky is playing Penn State, so I'll be watching him. 

    Hopefully I'll be watching him tear Penn State's QB Trace McSorley's head off. Can't stand that fuckstick. ?

    There's a local kid (I think) whose name I'm blanking on that is a beast at TE for Kentucky. Wouldn't mind finding an upgrade for Devalve beyond the 1st and 2nd round. 

  • Josh Allen, OLB for Kentucky is playing Penn State, so I'll be watching him. 

    Hopefully I'll be watching him tear Penn State's QB Trace McSorley's head off. Can't stand that fuckstick. ?

    There's a local kid (I think) whose name I'm blanking on that is a beast at TE for Kentucky. Wouldn't mind finding an upgrade for Devalve beyond the 1st and 2nd round. 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @dutch-oven said:

    Josh Allen, OLB for Kentucky is playing Penn State, so I'll be watching him. 

    Hopefully I'll be watching him tear Penn State's QB Trace McSorley's head off. Can't stand that fuckstick. ?

    There's a local kid (I think) whose name I'm blanking on that is a beast at TE for Kentucky. Wouldn't mind finding an upgrade for Devalve beyond the 1st and 2nd round. 

    Is it CJ Conrad from LaGrange, OH?

    Mike

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Brandon Moore from UCF.   Tall, lanky, press cover corner doing some work early vs LSU.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Bama vs Clemson..That war on the D front 7 of both teams is NFL stacked. Best player available at several key positions may get Dorsey dealing up from #17? Finding small Trade up partners looking for good defensive parts might get steep.. 

  • Bama vs Clemson..That war on the D front 7 of both teams is NFL stacked. Best player available at several key positions may get Dorsey dealing up from #17? Finding small Trade up partners looking for good defensive parts might get steep.. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @gumby73 said:

    Bama vs Clemson..That war on the D front 7 of both teams is NFL stacked. Best player available at several key positions may get Dorsey dealing up from #17? Finding small Trade up partners looking for good defensive parts might get steep.. 

    The Browns could use a DE, DT, OLB or a CB on defense. 

    I think a really good defensive player is going to fall into the Browns lap. There are so many good defensive players this draft. Wouldn't be shocked if almost 2/3 of the first rounders are defensive players. 

  • Figured I would start this up to generate conversation on players some of us might not have seen previously. 

    Right now I'm watching the Miss. State - Iowa game and this Simmons kid (DI) for the Bulldogs has really caught my eye.  6'3 305 and has a great first step.

    Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @tiamat63 said:

    Figured I would start this up to generate conversation on players some of us might not have seen previously. 

    Right now I'm watching the Miss. State - Iowa game and this Simmons kid (DI) for the Bulldogs has really caught my eye.  6'3 305 and has a great first step.

    I've only watched a game or 2 of Simmons but as it stands right now I think he may be the best player in this draft. With his off the field issues we may get lucky enough that he falls. Derrick Brown out of Auburn might pass him up the more I watch the 2. Brown really pushes the pocket and looks like a complete DT. He is a man amongst boys

    I dont think Dorsey has any interest in bigger WRs. It seems like he likes explosive guys that get yards after the catch. I think hell look at guys like marquise brown, deebo samuel, and Emanuel Hall.

  • That Texas receiver who exploded during the OU game.Collin Johnson, he had size 6'4 180 had hands and seemed to run pretty good routes. Caught the ball at it's highest point, etc etc.

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by bjh2130
    #10

    @blitzz2 said:

    That Texas receiver who exploded during the OU game.Collin Johnson, he had size 6'4 180 had hands and seemed to run pretty good routes. Caught the ball at it's highest point, etc etc.

    I already watched my guy. I have been banging this drum for a while but Hakeem Butler for Iowa state is a monster he had nine catches for 192 yards. And as far as Dorsey liking smaller guys that are fast and explosive I could see him targeting Parris Campbell if he falls to the second round which I believe he should fall to the fourth or fifth round but people have him very high on their draft boards

  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by bjh2130
    #11

    More on Hakeem Butler just look at this athleticism he displayed in bowl game vs wazzu. Granted this guy is only a redshirt Junior but draft scout rates him as the 38th best wide receiver Walter Football doesn't even have him listed as a prospect. So this guy falls to the third or fourth round and you don't take him that's crazy. Again this is all if he comes out but if you guys watch film on him and tell me he's the 38 best wide receiver Prospect in the draft than alright I just have some weird man crush but I think this kid standing at 6'6" 225 lbs with a 7-foot wingspan running a 4.5 40 looks better than colin Johnson to me and remind me of Randy Moss what's some of the spectacular catches he makes.

    112227.jpeg

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Devin White is an animal and my favorite LB in this draft. 

  • Devin White is an animal and my favorite LB in this draft. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tiamat63 said:

    Devin White is an animal and my favorite LB in this draft. 

    They had a pretty damn good D lineman too, Jr. Rashard Lawrence. Great at inside pressure on the QB. Quick as a cat @ 317 lbs. Don't know if he's coming out early.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Greg Gaines for UDub is another value space eater I'm seeing.

  • Greg Gaines for UDub is another value space eater I'm seeing.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @tiamat63 said:

    Greg Gaines for UDub is another value space eater I'm seeing.

    His bearded photos will show a twin to Jamie Meder..

    @tiamat63 said:

    Devin White is an animal and my favorite LB in this draft. 

         playing #42 here...he's played as a Kuechly LB all season at LSU..a solid choice tia 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I'll be watching the entire Clemson DLine next Monday. 

    Well, almost the entire Clemson DLine. 

  • I'll be watching the entire Clemson DLine next Monday. 

    Well, almost the entire Clemson DLine. 

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll be watching the entire Clemson DLine next Monday. 

    Well, almost the entire Clemson DLine. 

    Will Dexter Lawrence be in the program in the NFL for his failed drug test? I wouldn't assume so because the NCAA conducted it but Terrelle Pryor was punished by the NFL because of an NCAA suspension.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'll be watching the entire Clemson DLine next Monday. 

    Well, almost the entire Clemson DLine. 

    Will Dexter Lawrence be in the program in the NFL for his failed drug test? I wouldn't assume so because the NCAA conducted it but Terrelle Pryor was punished by the NFL because of an NCAA suspension.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @bjh2130 said:

    Will Dexter Lawrence be in the program in the NFL for his failed drug test? I wouldn't assume so because the NCAA conducted it but Terrelle Pryor was punished by the NFL because of an NCAA suspension.

    I honestly do not know. I want to say yes. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Will Dexter Lawrence be in the program in the NFL for his failed drug test? I wouldn't assume so because the NCAA conducted it but Terrelle Pryor was punished by the NFL because of an NCAA suspension.

    I honestly do not know. I want to say yes. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @dutch-oven said:

    I honestly do not know. I want to say yes. 

    Dex is off my list.   Anybody see how much he pissed at?  002% is A LOT.    And given the look at his hair and jawline,  young blood has been regularly at it the last couple years.  

    It's too big of a risk for this team in the first couple rounds when some depth and help makes us playoff contenders. 

  • I'll be watching the entire Clemson DLine next Monday. 

    Well, almost the entire Clemson DLine. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll be watching the entire Clemson DLine next Monday. 

    Well, almost the entire Clemson DLine. 

    You might want to watch Bama's entire defense. About 5 of those guys are listed 1st rounders by most mock drafts.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'll be watching the entire Clemson DLine next Monday. 

    Well, almost the entire Clemson DLine. 

    You might want to watch Bama's entire defense. About 5 of those guys are listed 1st rounders by most mock drafts.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @texasag1969 said:

    You might want to watch Bama's entire defense. About 5 of those guys are listed 1st rounders by most mock drafts.

    And East Germany had some of the world's greatest athletes in there "program".  

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I love this time of year for the bowl games, teams, players, fans the whole bit plus now the "who's not playing" list is getting longer.

    Greed or good business decisions? Should the NCAA allow it or is there nothing they can do? Your thoughts.

    https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-bowl-season-players-skipping-NFL-Draft-Michigan-Wolverines-125855307/#125855307_12

    College football's hottest growing trend could reach a record number this month during bowl season for players announcing they will not play in their teams' final game in prep for their pro careers.

    Before cries of selfishness hit a fever pitch, know these are all calculated decisions and most are made after conversations with their coaching staff. In short, football is a business and these potential early-round selections are protecting their investment.

    In recent years, Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey made waves by electing to stay in warm-up gear on the sideline during premiere games and the number of players sitting out this bowl season is expected to exceed double digits.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    The perfect name for a "I'm not playing" player?  😆

    Screenshot_2019-01-02-11-33-06.png