Skip to content

Haskins Declares

The Browns Board
99 23 2.5k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    Who? Rosen....or Haskins?  Or someone else?

    Haskins... I think he'll be pedestrian in the NFL at best... I can't think of anyone that Urban mentored that made any NFL Impact.....

    @nickers said:

    Haskins... I think he'll be pedestrian in the NFL at best... I can't think of anyone that Urban mentored that made any NFL Impact.....

    Urban was the one who made Tebow look like a first rounder..

    Edit: who cares who mentored Haskins, he can throw a football with a high level of accuracy. 

  • @nickers said:

    Haskins... I think he'll be pedestrian in the NFL at best... I can't think of anyone that Urban mentored that made any NFL Impact.....

    Just fucking with Gipper or are you being serious?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Just fucking with Gipper or are you being serious?

    I just see moments of lapses with him that I think  will be costly.... Time will tell...

  • @nickers said:

    Haskins... I think he'll be pedestrian in the NFL at best... I can't think of anyone that Urban mentored that made any NFL Impact.....

    Urban was the one who made Tebow look like a first rounder..

    Edit: who cares who mentored Haskins, he can throw a football with a high level of accuracy. 

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Urban was the one who made Tebow look like a first rounder..

    Edit: who cares who mentored Haskins, he can throw a football with a high level of accuracy. 

    Potentially merchandizing revenue made Tebow look like a first rounder...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who? Rosen....or Haskins?  Or someone else?

    Haskins... I think he'll be pedestrian in the NFL at best... I can't think of anyone that Urban mentored that made any NFL Impact.....

    @nickers said:

    Haskins... I think he'll be pedestrian in the NFL at best... I can't think of anyone that Urban mentored that made any NFL Impact.....

    Well....take any major college football coach...and ask the same question:    Saban ....not a single decent NFL QB.  etc. etc.

    The fact is.....only maybe 10 QBs come along each decade that make a major impact, and often from nondescript college programs/coaches. 

    Do you think that Lloyd Carr was a fabulous developer of NFL QBs just because he had Tom Brady (who he only played half the time...preferring Champ Henson).   Where were all the others?   Do you think Phil Fulmer was a great developer of NFL QBs because he had  Peyton play for him? 

    I mean...who the fuck was Drew Brees's HC in college?   Or Ben Rs?  Did they produce a string of good NFL QBs?  

    Name ANY college coach who had a series of good NFL QBs.     I mean....I can only think of like Howard Schnellenberger who had Kelly, Bernie and Vinny.

    It is the QB that makes them a top NFL coach....not the college coach.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Urban was the one who made Tebow look like a first rounder..

    Edit: who cares who mentored Haskins, he can throw a football with a high level of accuracy. 

    Potentially merchandizing revenue made Tebow look like a first rounder...

    @mld-woody said:

    Josh McDaniels ego made Tebow look like a first rounder...

    FIFY

  • @nickers said:

    Haskins... I think he'll be pedestrian in the NFL at best... I can't think of anyone that Urban mentored that made any NFL Impact.....

    Well....take any major college football coach...and ask the same question:    Saban ....not a single decent NFL QB.  etc. etc.

    The fact is.....only maybe 10 QBs come along each decade that make a major impact, and often from nondescript college programs/coaches. 

    Do you think that Lloyd Carr was a fabulous developer of NFL QBs just because he had Tom Brady (who he only played half the time...preferring Champ Henson).   Where were all the others?   Do you think Phil Fulmer was a great developer of NFL QBs because he had  Peyton play for him? 

    I mean...who the fuck was Drew Brees's HC in college?   Or Ben Rs?  Did they produce a string of good NFL QBs?  

    Name ANY college coach who had a series of good NFL QBs.     I mean....I can only think of like Howard Schnellenberger who had Kelly, Bernie and Vinny.

    It is the QB that makes them a top NFL coach....not the college coach.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....take any major college football coach...and ask the same question:    Saban ....not a single decent NFL QB.  etc. etc.

    The fact is.....only maybe 10 QBs come along each decade that make a major impact, and often from nondescript college programs/coaches. 

    Do you think that Lloyd Carr was a fabulous developer of NFL QBs just because he had Tom Brady (who he only played half the time...preferring Champ Henson).   Where were all the others?   Do you think Phil Fulmer was a great developer of NFL QBs because he had  Peyton play for him? 

    I mean...who the fuck was Drew Brees's HC in college?   Or Ben Rs?  Did they produce a string of good NFL QBs?  

    Name ANY college coach who had a series of good NFL QBs.     I mean....I can only think of like Howard Schnellenberger who had Kelly, Bernie and Vinny.

    It is the QB that makes them a top NFL coach....not the college coach.

    Sure, but the coach and the system's ability or desire to produce NFL QBs is important to look at. 

    Carr doesn't get the title of QB Whisperer because he coached Brady. But he did have multiple QBs come out of his program that played in the NFL. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    That simply means that both the Oregon QB and Haskins would’ve been a top 10 pick probably want to Giants and one to Jags 

    Not necessarily

    But I see where this is going and I'm good

    @mld-woody said:

    Not necessarily

    But I see where this is going and I'm good

    He did benefit from Herbert staying as he will definitely be the first qb taken, but it is still very likely he would have been picked in the top 10 regardless of Herbert coming out. I see the giants jags and Broncos potentially taking qbs. I'm seeing haskins lock and Jones go top 10. If Herbert were coming out it would be 3 out of Herbert Haskins Lock and Jones getting drafted top 10 and Herbert & Haskins would be two of them for sure.

    Haskins would greatly benefit going to the Giants if Eli is still there so he could sit for a year to refine his skills.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....take any major college football coach...and ask the same question:    Saban ....not a single decent NFL QB.  etc. etc.

    The fact is.....only maybe 10 QBs come along each decade that make a major impact, and often from nondescript college programs/coaches. 

    Do you think that Lloyd Carr was a fabulous developer of NFL QBs just because he had Tom Brady (who he only played half the time...preferring Champ Henson).   Where were all the others?   Do you think Phil Fulmer was a great developer of NFL QBs because he had  Peyton play for him? 

    I mean...who the fuck was Drew Brees's HC in college?   Or Ben Rs?  Did they produce a string of good NFL QBs?  

    Name ANY college coach who had a series of good NFL QBs.     I mean....I can only think of like Howard Schnellenberger who had Kelly, Bernie and Vinny.

    It is the QB that makes them a top NFL coach....not the college coach.

    Sure, but the coach and the system's ability or desire to produce NFL QBs is important to look at. 

    Carr doesn't get the title of QB Whisperer because he coached Brady. But he did have multiple QBs come out of his program that played in the NFL. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Sure, but the coach and the system's ability or desire to produce NFL QBs is important to look at. 

    Carr doesn't get the title of QB Whisperer because he coached Brady. But he did have multiple QBs come out of his program that played in the NFL. 

    Well the fact is Ohio State and Meyer always recruited the kinds of quarterbacks that we’re good for the college game and not necessarily for the pro game. You know black Tarkenton’s. white Tarkentons. whatever. more less running quarterbacks not prostyle quarterback’s. Except for art Sleister I don’t know of any supposedly pro style quarterback Ohio State has really had in the last 30 years. Maybe Mike Tomczak. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Sure, but the coach and the system's ability or desire to produce NFL QBs is important to look at. 

    Carr doesn't get the title of QB Whisperer because he coached Brady. But he did have multiple QBs come out of his program that played in the NFL. 

    Well the fact is Ohio State and Meyer always recruited the kinds of quarterbacks that we’re good for the college game and not necessarily for the pro game. You know black Tarkenton’s. white Tarkentons. whatever. more less running quarterbacks not prostyle quarterback’s. Except for art Sleister I don’t know of any supposedly pro style quarterback Ohio State has really had in the last 30 years. Maybe Mike Tomczak. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well the fact is Ohio State and Meyer always recruited the kinds of quarterbacks that we’re good for the college game and not necessarily for the pro game. You know black Tarkenton’s. white Tarkentons. whatever. more less running quarterbacks not prostyle quarterback’s. Except for art Sleister I don’t know of any supposedly pro style quarterback Ohio State has really had in the last 30 years. Maybe Mike Tomczak. 

    I'd say Alex Smith whom he had at Utah, turned into a pretty decent pro QB. He only left KC because the magic man Mahomes appeared on the scene, another great runner/thrower from a non-prostyle college program, Texas Tech.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well the fact is Ohio State and Meyer always recruited the kinds of quarterbacks that we’re good for the college game and not necessarily for the pro game. You know black Tarkenton’s. white Tarkentons. whatever. more less running quarterbacks not prostyle quarterback’s. Except for art Sleister I don’t know of any supposedly pro style quarterback Ohio State has really had in the last 30 years. Maybe Mike Tomczak. 

    I'd say Alex Smith whom he had at Utah, turned into a pretty decent pro QB. He only left KC because the magic man Mahomes appeared on the scene, another great runner/thrower from a non-prostyle college program, Texas Tech.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'd say Alex Smith whom he had at Utah, turned into a pretty decent pro QB. He only left KC because the magic man Mahomes appeared on the scene, another great runner/thrower from a non-prostyle college program, Texas Tech.

    OK sure he had a guy. But the question was name a coach who in college produced multiple top shelf in the NFL quarterbacks. Can you think of anyone besides Howard Schnellenberger

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'd say Alex Smith whom he had at Utah, turned into a pretty decent pro QB. He only left KC because the magic man Mahomes appeared on the scene, another great runner/thrower from a non-prostyle college program, Texas Tech.

    OK sure he had a guy. But the question was name a coach who in college produced multiple top shelf in the NFL quarterbacks. Can you think of anyone besides Howard Schnellenberger

    @the-gipper said:

    OK sure he had a guy. But the question was name a coach who in college produced multiple top shelf in the NFL quarterbacks. Can you think of anyone besides Howard Schnellenberger

    Westlake High School, Austin, Tx.??

    Grads of WL and Superbowl winners Brees and Foles square off this weekend.?

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK sure he had a guy. But the question was name a coach who in college produced multiple top shelf in the NFL quarterbacks. Can you think of anyone besides Howard Schnellenberger

    Westlake High School, Austin, Tx.??

    Grads of WL and Superbowl winners Brees and Foles square off this weekend.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Westlake High School, Austin, Tx.??

    Grads of WL and Superbowl winners Brees and Foles square off this weekend.?

    OK....cool.   I did not know that.

    Did they have the same coach there?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Westlake High School, Austin, Tx.??

    Grads of WL and Superbowl winners Brees and Foles square off this weekend.?

    OK....cool.   I did not know that.

    Did they have the same coach there?

    @the-gipper said:

    OK....cool.   I did not know that.

    Did they have the same coach there?

    Ron Schroeder was Brees' coach and Derek Long was Nick Foles'.

    And Sam Ehlinger from WL High is the current Longhorns QB that just beat Georgia in the Sugarbowl.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Sure, but the coach and the system's ability or desire to produce NFL QBs is important to look at. 

    Carr doesn't get the title of QB Whisperer because he coached Brady. But he did have multiple QBs come out of his program that played in the NFL. 

    Well the fact is Ohio State and Meyer always recruited the kinds of quarterbacks that we’re good for the college game and not necessarily for the pro game. You know black Tarkenton’s. white Tarkentons. whatever. more less running quarterbacks not prostyle quarterback’s. Except for art Sleister I don’t know of any supposedly pro style quarterback Ohio State has really had in the last 30 years. Maybe Mike Tomczak. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well the fact is Ohio State and Meyer always recruited the kinds of quarterbacks that we’re good for the college game and not necessarily for the pro game. You know black Tarkenton’s. white Tarkentons. whatever. more less running quarterbacks not prostyle quarterback’s. Except for art Sleister I don’t know of any supposedly pro style quarterback Ohio State has really had in the last 30 years. Maybe Mike Tomczak. 

    Joe Germaine, Bobby Hoying, you can argue Krenzel was a pro style quarterback. He wasn't a pro level QB but certainly an argument can be made he was pro style. Troy Smith started out as dual threat but turned into a pro style qb. I would classify zwick and boeckman as pro style qbs also. Maybe herbstreit but I could see him a running dual threat QB.

    If your argument is pro level qbs then only two of those guys would count in my mind but if it is pro style all those guys were pro style pass first take some snaps under center play action guys.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well the fact is Ohio State and Meyer always recruited the kinds of quarterbacks that we’re good for the college game and not necessarily for the pro game. You know black Tarkenton’s. white Tarkentons. whatever. more less running quarterbacks not prostyle quarterback’s. Except for art Sleister I don’t know of any supposedly pro style quarterback Ohio State has really had in the last 30 years. Maybe Mike Tomczak. 

    Joe Germaine, Bobby Hoying, you can argue Krenzel was a pro style quarterback. He wasn't a pro level QB but certainly an argument can be made he was pro style. Troy Smith started out as dual threat but turned into a pro style qb. I would classify zwick and boeckman as pro style qbs also. Maybe herbstreit but I could see him a running dual threat QB.

    If your argument is pro level qbs then only two of those guys would count in my mind but if it is pro style all those guys were pro style pass first take some snaps under center play action guys.

    @bjh2130 said:

    Joe Germaine, Bobby Hoying, you can argue Krenzel was a pro style quarterback. He wasn't a pro level QB but certainly an argument can be made he was pro style. Troy Smith started out as dual threat but turned into a pro style qb. I would classify zwick and boeckman as pro style qbs also. Maybe herbstreit but I could see him a running dual threat QB.

    If your argument is pro level qbs then only two of those guys would count in my mind but if it is pro style all those guys were pro style pass first take some snaps under center play action guys.

    Except for Cardale Jones none of those guys you mentioned actually paid for urban Meyer did they 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Joe Germaine, Bobby Hoying, you can argue Krenzel was a pro style quarterback. He wasn't a pro level QB but certainly an argument can be made he was pro style. Troy Smith started out as dual threat but turned into a pro style qb. I would classify zwick and boeckman as pro style qbs also. Maybe herbstreit but I could see him a running dual threat QB.

    If your argument is pro level qbs then only two of those guys would count in my mind but if it is pro style all those guys were pro style pass first take some snaps under center play action guys.

    Except for Cardale Jones none of those guys you mentioned actually paid for urban Meyer did they 

    @the-gipper said:

    Except for Cardale Jones none of those guys you mentioned actually paid for urban Meyer did they 

    That is correct but you said they haven't had a pro-style quarterback other than schlister in the past 30 years

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'd say Alex Smith whom he had at Utah, turned into a pretty decent pro QB. He only left KC because the magic man Mahomes appeared on the scene, another great runner/thrower from a non-prostyle college program, Texas Tech.

    OK sure he had a guy. But the question was name a coach who in college produced multiple top shelf in the NFL quarterbacks. Can you think of anyone besides Howard Schnellenberger

    @the-gipper said:

    OK sure he had a guy. But the question was name a coach who in college produced multiple top shelf in the NFL quarterbacks. Can you think of anyone besides Howard Schnellenberger

    Although only Palmer ended up being really "successful"... Pete Carroll had a pretty good string of "pro ready " QB's at USC

  • @the-gipper said:

    Except for Cardale Jones none of those guys you mentioned actually paid for urban Meyer did they 

    That is correct but you said they haven't had a pro-style quarterback other than schlister in the past 30 years

    @bjh2130 said:

    That is correct but you said they haven't had a pro-style quarterback other than schlister in the past 30 years

    Well let’s just say they haven’t had any decent pro quarterbacks and that really include Schliester

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK sure he had a guy. But the question was name a coach who in college produced multiple top shelf in the NFL quarterbacks. Can you think of anyone besides Howard Schnellenberger

    Although only Palmer ended up being really "successful"... Pete Carroll had a pretty good string of "pro ready " QB's at USC

    @brownb499 said:

    Although only Palmer ended up being really "successful"... Pete Carroll had a pretty good string of "pro ready " QB's at USC

    That’s not the question the question is who actually had a series of successful pro quarterbacks. Carol may have had Palmer but he also have Linert and a few other busts. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Haskins over Rosen???

    Shirley, you jest...

    And I know you like Rosen....  But Haskins is going to have the same questions raised about him that we saw with Trubisky, and we know how that turned out. 

    The Cardinals currently have more holes in the roster than swiss cheese, so the only question is will they be willing to pass on a potential generational player (yeah that term seems to come up about every other year now)  in Bosa for a serious haul of draft picks.  For sure if Arizona takes Bosa, the 49ers phone will be ringing off the hook.... 

    @hoorta said:

    And I know you like Rosen....  But Haskins is going to have the same questions raised about him that we saw with Trubisky, and we know how that turned out.

    I'll bite...

    How did that turn out? That he's at least as good as Trent Dilfer?

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Edit: who cares who mentored Haskins, he can throw a football with a high level of accuracy. 

    To his first read... yes...

    And the  kid does go thru progressions... but does he read Defenses?

    Then there's his pocket presence... which is low. Then comes his inability to run and his fall off when under duress.

    He's a prospect to be sure, but I can only repeat what I said initially, spending a high first on him is dubious...