Dutch's '18 Browns Questions
-
8. How many yards and touchdowns does Carlos Hyde run for?
Zombo: 1024, 8
jcam222: 1000, 8
Tour2ma: 1138, 12
Nero: 700, 7
Coyote: 1031, 11
mjp: 1200, 9
Bob806: 1165, 9
FlyinJ: 750, 6
Flugel: 900, 8
gumby: 874, 9
DutchOven: 750, 5
JDailey: 865, 8
Answer: Signed in the offseason to replace Isaiah Crowell - who departed in free agency - Hyde had a mediocre six games with the Browns before being traded to Jacksonville for a 5th round draft pick. He rushed for 382 yards (3.4 avg) and 5 touchdowns.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Tired of seeing Nick Chubbs waste away on the bench while Hyde plodded his way to one 3 yard carry after another, John Dorsey forced the offensive braintrust's hand by trading Hyde away. I'll admit, I didn't quite understand why so many on here were thrilled with his signing, when all indications were that Hyde was possibly even inferior to the back he was replacing. (It was a perfect storm of Hyde being an Ohio State guy and the hatred many on here had for Crowell, I suppose.) Really no one was close enough in yards to warrant a win... there was, though, one guy who nailed his touchdown total. No half-wins!
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A couple of guys were a bit optimistic with their Hyde predictions... mjp with his yardage guess, Tour with his touchdowns....
8. How many yards and touchdowns does Carlos Hyde run for?
Zombo: 1024, 8
jcam222: 1000, 8
Tour2ma: 1138, 12
Nero: 700, 7
Coyote: 1031, 11
mjp: 1200, 9
Bob806: 1165, 9
FlyinJ: 750, 6
Flugel: 900, 8
gumby: 874, 9
DutchOven: 750, 5
JDailey: 865, 8
Answer: Signed in the offseason to replace Isaiah Crowell - who departed in free agency - Hyde had a mediocre six games with the Browns before being traded to Jacksonville for a 5th round draft pick. He rushed for 382 yards (3.4 avg) and 5 touchdowns.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Tired of seeing Nick Chubbs waste away on the bench while Hyde plodded his way to one 3 yard carry after another, John Dorsey forced the offensive braintrust's hand by trading Hyde away. I'll admit, I didn't quite understand why so many on here were thrilled with his signing, when all indications were that Hyde was possibly even inferior to the back he was replacing. (It was a perfect storm of Hyde being an Ohio State guy and the hatred many on here had for Crowell, I suppose.) Really no one was close enough in yards to warrant a win... there was, though, one guy who nailed his touchdown total. No half-wins!
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A couple of guys were a bit optimistic with their Hyde predictions... mjp with his yardage guess, Tour with his touchdowns....
Stop the bullshit and give me this answer, I was the closest!
-
8. How many yards and touchdowns does Carlos Hyde run for?
Zombo: 1024, 8
jcam222: 1000, 8
Tour2ma: 1138, 12
Nero: 700, 7
Coyote: 1031, 11
mjp: 1200, 9
Bob806: 1165, 9
FlyinJ: 750, 6
Flugel: 900, 8
gumby: 874, 9
DutchOven: 750, 5
JDailey: 865, 8
Answer: Signed in the offseason to replace Isaiah Crowell - who departed in free agency - Hyde had a mediocre six games with the Browns before being traded to Jacksonville for a 5th round draft pick. He rushed for 382 yards (3.4 avg) and 5 touchdowns.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Tired of seeing Nick Chubbs waste away on the bench while Hyde plodded his way to one 3 yard carry after another, John Dorsey forced the offensive braintrust's hand by trading Hyde away. I'll admit, I didn't quite understand why so many on here were thrilled with his signing, when all indications were that Hyde was possibly even inferior to the back he was replacing. (It was a perfect storm of Hyde being an Ohio State guy and the hatred many on here had for Crowell, I suppose.) Really no one was close enough in yards to warrant a win... there was, though, one guy who nailed his touchdown total. No half-wins!
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A couple of guys were a bit optimistic with their Hyde predictions... mjp with his yardage guess, Tour with his touchdowns....
Stop the bullshit and give me this answer, I was the closest!
-
I agree. You win.
I'm sorry, is this titled "Gipper's 2018 Browns Questions"?
No, no it is not. ?
-
9. How many yards and touchdowns does Nick Chubb run for?
Zombo: 455, 3
jcam222: 1000, 6
Tour2ma: 515, 3
Nero: 600, 7
Coyote: 542, 5
mjp: 1440, 14
Bob806: 642, 6
FlyinJ: 307, 2
Flugel: 300, 4
gumby: 385, 3
DutchOven: 450, 3
JDailey:530, 5
Answer: Rookie Nick Chubb burst onto the scene by gaining 996 yards (5.2 yds/carry) with 8 touchdowns rushing, including the Browns longest run in history - a 92 yard touchdown vs Atlanta.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Most of us thought Chubb would play second fiddle to Hyde for the season, and if it was up to Todd Haley, he would have. John Dorsey had other plans, and when it became apparent that as long as Carlos Hyde was on the roster Chubb would be picking splinters out of his keyster, Dorsey traded Hyde. Enter the rookie, and he did not disappoint. jcam222 damn near nailed his rushing yardage, so he wins. Because Nero felt slighted on the last one, I'm going to write his name in bold here. There you go, buddy. ?
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A lot of us weren't really close to Chubb's season totals, but Flugel was the farthest off.
-
8. How many yards and touchdowns does Carlos Hyde run for?
Zombo: 1024, 8
jcam222: 1000, 8
Tour2ma: 1138, 12
Nero: 700, 7
Coyote: 1031, 11
mjp: 1200, 9
Bob806: 1165, 9
FlyinJ: 750, 6
Flugel: 900, 8
gumby: 874, 9
DutchOven: 750, 5
JDailey: 865, 8
Answer: Signed in the offseason to replace Isaiah Crowell - who departed in free agency - Hyde had a mediocre six games with the Browns before being traded to Jacksonville for a 5th round draft pick. He rushed for 382 yards (3.4 avg) and 5 touchdowns.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Tired of seeing Nick Chubbs waste away on the bench while Hyde plodded his way to one 3 yard carry after another, John Dorsey forced the offensive braintrust's hand by trading Hyde away. I'll admit, I didn't quite understand why so many on here were thrilled with his signing, when all indications were that Hyde was possibly even inferior to the back he was replacing. (It was a perfect storm of Hyde being an Ohio State guy and the hatred many on here had for Crowell, I suppose.) Really no one was close enough in yards to warrant a win... there was, though, one guy who nailed his touchdown total. No half-wins!
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A couple of guys were a bit optimistic with their Hyde predictions... mjp with his yardage guess, Tour with his touchdowns....
Answer: Signed in the offseason to replace Isaiah Crowell - who departed in free agency - Hyde had a mediocre six games with the Browns before being traded to Jacksonville for a 5th round draft pick. He rushed for 382 yards (3.4 avg) and 5 touchdowns.
Ah... but if we ratio up to a full 16 games we see:
- 1019 yards
- 13 TDs
I accept your apology... ?
-
9. How many yards and touchdowns does Nick Chubb run for?
Zombo: 455, 3
jcam222: 1000, 6
Tour2ma: 515, 3
Nero: 600, 7
Coyote: 542, 5
mjp: 1440, 14
Bob806: 642, 6
FlyinJ: 307, 2
Flugel: 300, 4
gumby: 385, 3
DutchOven: 450, 3
JDailey:530, 5
Answer: Rookie Nick Chubb burst onto the scene by gaining 996 yards (5.2 yds/carry) with 8 touchdowns rushing, including the Browns longest run in history - a 92 yard touchdown vs Atlanta.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Most of us thought Chubb would play second fiddle to Hyde for the season, and if it was up to Todd Haley, he would have. John Dorsey had other plans, and when it became apparent that as long as Carlos Hyde was on the roster Chubb would be picking splinters out of his keyster, Dorsey traded Hyde. Enter the rookie, and he did not disappoint. jcam222 damn near nailed his rushing yardage, so he wins. Because Nero felt slighted on the last one, I'm going to write his name in bold here. There you go, buddy. ?
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A lot of us weren't really close to Chubb's season totals, but Flugel was the farthest off.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A lot of us weren't really close to Chubb's season totals, but Flugel was the farthest off.
Seven fewer yards than Flying J, but double FJ's number of TDs... and Flugs gets the nod???
RECOUNT!!!!
-
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A lot of us weren't really close to Chubb's season totals, but Flugel was the farthest off.
Seven fewer yards than Flying J, but double FJ's number of TDs... and Flugs gets the nod???
RECOUNT!!!!
-
I agree. You win.
I'm sorry, is this titled "Gipper's 2018 Browns Questions"?
No, no it is not. ?
I'm sorry, is this titled "Gipper's 2018 Browns Questions"?
No, no it is not. ?
Nevertheless he wins you can’t take that away from him
-
I'm sorry, is this titled "Gipper's 2018 Browns Questions"?
No, no it is not. ?
Nevertheless he wins you can’t take that away from him
Nevertheless he wins you can’t take that away from him
You have to realize that there's a good reason for me to be treated in such a slight, discriminatory and non-human way... I have gotten around it fairly easily around this board, but sometimes it's too much, that I can't take this kind of treatment...
Reason being I'm hispanic.
-
Nevertheless he wins you can’t take that away from him
You have to realize that there's a good reason for me to be treated in such a slight, discriminatory and non-human way... I have gotten around it fairly easily around this board, but sometimes it's too much, that I can't take this kind of treatment...
Reason being I'm hispanic.
You have to realize that there's a good reason for me to be treated in such a slight, discriminatory and non-human way... I have gotten around it fairly easily around this board, but sometimes it's too much, that I can't take this kind of treatment...
Reason being I'm hispanic.
As far as I know Donald Trump doesn’t post here so I’m not sure that’s it.
-
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A lot of us weren't really close to Chubb's season totals, but Flugel was the farthest off.
Seven fewer yards than Flying J, but double FJ's number of TDs... and Flugs gets the nod???
RECOUNT!!!!
-
I'm sorry, is this titled "Gipper's 2018 Browns Questions"?
No, no it is not. ?
Nevertheless he wins you can’t take that away from him
Nevertheless he wins you can’t take that away from him
But I already did!
MUHAHAHAHAHA!
-
10. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many?
Zombo: Landry, 100
jcam222: Landry, 90
Tour2ma: Landry, 98
Nero: Landry, 95
Coyote: Landry, 101
mjp: Landry, 109
Bob806: Njoku, 77
FlyinJ: Landry, 95
Flugel: Landry, 105
gumby: Johnson, 87
DutchOven: Landry, 82
JDailey: Njoku, 68
Answer: Jarvis Landry led the Browns in receptions with 81. Other top receivers were David Njoku (56), Duke Johnson (47), Antonio Callaway (43) and Rashard Higgins (39).
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Jarvis Landry was the overwhelming favorite, even if he had fewer receptions than most expected. That might not be the worst thing in the world, considering Mayfield's ability to spread the ball around. DutchOven almost nailed it.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I like the balls of taking someone besides Landry, but gumby's Duke Johnson prediction was nearly twice as high as what he delivered.
-
10. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many?
Zombo: Landry, 100
jcam222: Landry, 90
Tour2ma: Landry, 98
Nero: Landry, 95
Coyote: Landry, 101
mjp: Landry, 109
Bob806: Njoku, 77
FlyinJ: Landry, 95
Flugel: Landry, 105
gumby: Johnson, 87
DutchOven: Landry, 82
JDailey: Njoku, 68
Answer: Jarvis Landry led the Browns in receptions with 81. Other top receivers were David Njoku (56), Duke Johnson (47), Antonio Callaway (43) and Rashard Higgins (39).
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Jarvis Landry was the overwhelming favorite, even if he had fewer receptions than most expected. That might not be the worst thing in the world, considering Mayfield's ability to spread the ball around. DutchOven almost nailed it.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I like the balls of taking someone besides Landry, but gumby's Duke Johnson prediction was nearly twice as high as what he delivered.
10. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many?
Zombo: Landry, 100
jcam222: Landry, 90
Tour2ma: Landry, 98
Nero: Landry, 95
Coyote: Landry, 101
mjp: Landry, 109
Bob806: Njoku, 77
FlyinJ: Landry, 95
Flugel: Landry, 105
gumby: Johnson, 87
DutchOven: Landry, 82
JDailey: Njoku, 68
Answer: Jarvis Landry led the Browns in receptions with 81. Other top receivers were David Njoku (56), Duke Johnson (47), Antonio Callaway (43) and R. Higgins (39).
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Jarvis Landry was the overwhelming favorite, even if he had fewer receptions than most expected. That might not be the worst thing in the world, considering Mayfield's ability to spread the ball around. DutchOven almost nailed it.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I like the balls of taking someone besides Landry, but gumby's Duke Johnson prediction was nearly twice as high as what he delivered.
FIX!!!
-
10. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many?
Zombo: Landry, 100
jcam222: Landry, 90
Tour2ma: Landry, 98
Nero: Landry, 95
Coyote: Landry, 101
mjp: Landry, 109
Bob806: Njoku, 77
FlyinJ: Landry, 95
Flugel: Landry, 105
gumby: Johnson, 87
DutchOven: Landry, 82
JDailey: Njoku, 68
Answer: Jarvis Landry led the Browns in receptions with 81. Other top receivers were David Njoku (56), Duke Johnson (47), Antonio Callaway (43) and R. Higgins (39).
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Jarvis Landry was the overwhelming favorite, even if he had fewer receptions than most expected. That might not be the worst thing in the world, considering Mayfield's ability to spread the ball around. DutchOven almost nailed it.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I like the balls of taking someone besides Landry, but gumby's Duke Johnson prediction was nearly twice as high as what he delivered.
FIX!!!
FIX!!!
Fix what?
-
11. Who leads the Browns in receiving yards? How many?
Zombo: Gordon, 1333
jcam222: Gordon, 1400
Tour2ma: Landy, 1167
Nero: Landry, 950
Coyote: Gordon, 1120
mjp: Landry, 1234
Bob806: Landry, 1074
FlyinJ: Gordon, 1005
Flugel: Landry, 1100
gumby: Landry, 1080
DutchOven: Landry, 850
JDailey: Gordon, 950
Answer: Jarvis Landry lead the Browns with 976 receiving yards. Other notables: David Njoku (639), Antonio Callaway (586), Rashard Higgins (572), Duke Johnson (429).
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Oh boy, I knew this could end up being an interesting question to revisit the moment I wrote it, and it didn't disappoint. Josh Gordon ended up playing one game for the Browns before being traded, after another weird "Was he high?" moment finally (FINALLY) had the Browns say enough is enough. One reception for 17 yards and a touchdown for the season for Gordon. The winner is everyone's favorite olive-skinned foreigner, Nero.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... With a prediction 1383 yards north of Josh Gordon's 17 yards, jcam222.
-
11. Who leads the Browns in receiving yards? How many?
Zombo: Gordon, 1333
jcam222: Gordon, 1400
Tour2ma: Landy, 1167
Nero: Landry, 950
Coyote: Gordon, 1120
mjp: Landry, 1234
Bob806: Landry, 1074
FlyinJ: Gordon, 1005
Flugel: Landry, 1100
gumby: Landry, 1080
DutchOven: Landry, 850
JDailey: Gordon, 950
Answer: Jarvis Landry lead the Browns with 976 receiving yards. Other notables: David Njoku (639), Antonio Callaway (586), Rashard Higgins (572), Duke Johnson (429).
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Oh boy, I knew this could end up being an interesting question to revisit the moment I wrote it, and it didn't disappoint. Josh Gordon ended up playing one game for the Browns before being traded, after another weird "Was he high?" moment finally (FINALLY) had the Browns say enough is enough. One reception for 17 yards and a touchdown for the season for Gordon. The winner is everyone's favorite olive-skinned foreigner, Nero.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... With a prediction 1383 yards north of Josh Gordon's 17 yards, jcam222.
The winner is everyone's favorite olive-skinned foreigner, Nero.
Olive-skinned? That's a stereotype, lol! Sorry to disappoint you... I'm very pale.
But don't let this distract you from the fact that I did fairly well on this contest

-
The winner is everyone's favorite olive-skinned foreigner, Nero.
Olive-skinned? That's a stereotype, lol! Sorry to disappoint you... I'm very pale.
But don't let this distract you from the fact that I did fairly well on this contest

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
