Skip to content

Dutch's '18 Browns Questions

The Browns Board
87 10 2.9k
  • @dutch-oven said:

    The winner is everyone's favorite olive-skinned foreigner, Nero.

    Olive-skinned? That's a stereotype, lol! Sorry to disappoint you... I'm very pale.

    But don't let this distract you from the fact that I did fairly well on this contest 😉

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @nero said:

    Olive-skinned? That's a stereotype, lol! Sorry to disappoint you... I'm very pale.

    But don't let this distract you from the fact that I did fairly well on this contest 😉

    As an Italian, I consider it a great stereotype! ?

    You have done asi asi. 

  • @nero said:

    Olive-skinned? That's a stereotype, lol! Sorry to disappoint you... I'm very pale.

    But don't let this distract you from the fact that I did fairly well on this contest 😉

    As an Italian, I consider it a great stereotype! ?

    You have done asi asi. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @dutch-oven said:

    As an Italian, I consider it a great stereotype! ?

    You have done asi asi. 

    I've done de puta madre.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Zombo said:

    I think someone just went after someone's mama ...

    giphy.gif

    De puta madre means "great"...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    As an Italian, I consider it a great stereotype! ?

    You have done asi asi. 

    I've done de puta madre.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @nero said:

    I've done de puta madre.

    You wanna talk about Mamas?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    😆

    education-teaching-off_topic-school-schooling-teachers-classrooms-rman15537_low.jpg

  • Zombo said:

    I think someone just went after someone's mama ...

    giphy.gif

    De puta madre means "great"...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @nero said:

    De puta madre means "great"...

    How to say whore in Spanish

    What's the Spanish word for whore? Here's a list of translations.

    Spanish Translation
    copy-icon-grey-30x30.png pronounce-icon-grey-30x30.png

    puta

    mother
     
     
     
    I don't know about y'all....but my Irish ass  would be kicking somebody's   Spanish ass.
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    I thought this was the Browns '18 thread.  😕

  • I thought this was the Browns '18 thread.  😕

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #50

    @mjp28 said:

    I thought this was the Browns '18 thread.  😕

    That is the thing about threads....they unravel.    

    Frankie says:   Relax

    Or maybe we will be talkin' bout your mama...✌️

  • @nero said:

    De puta madre means "great"...

    How to say whore in Spanish

    What's the Spanish word for whore? Here's a list of translations.

    Spanish Translation
    copy-icon-grey-30x30.png pronounce-icon-grey-30x30.png

    puta

    mother
     
     
     
    I don't know about y'all....but my Irish ass  would be kicking somebody's   Spanish ass.
    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @the-gipper said:

    How to say whore in Spanish

    What's the Spanish word for whore? Here's a list of translations.

    Spanish Translation
    copy-icon-grey-30x30.png pronounce-icon-grey-30x30.png

    puta

    mother
     
     
     
    I don't know about y'all....but my Irish ass  would be kicking somebody's   Spanish ass.

    Good job, Gipper. You found one of those particularities every language has. 

    I just thought of one in English that is very similar: terrific. It has a negative meaning but when you say ''Terrific'' you are actually saying "awesome!". 

    "De puta madre" has a positive meaning, "hijo de puta" doesn't (thought we use it on friendly environments). 

  • @the-gipper said:

    How to say whore in Spanish

    What's the Spanish word for whore? Here's a list of translations.

    Spanish Translation
    copy-icon-grey-30x30.png pronounce-icon-grey-30x30.png

    puta

    mother
     
     
     
    I don't know about y'all....but my Irish ass  would be kicking somebody's   Spanish ass.

    Good job, Gipper. You found one of those particularities every language has. 

    I just thought of one in English that is very similar: terrific. It has a negative meaning but when you say ''Terrific'' you are actually saying "awesome!". 

    "De puta madre" has a positive meaning, "hijo de puta" doesn't (thought we use it on friendly environments). 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @nero said:

    Good job, Gipper. You found one of those particularities every language has. 

    I just thought of one in English that is very similar: terrific. It has a negative meaning but when you say ''Terrific'' you are actually saying "awesome!". 

    "De puta madre" has a positive meaning, "hijo de puta" doesn't (thought we use it on friendly environments). 

    I don’t know where you get that terrific has a negative meaning. Maybe you are thinking of horrific. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #53

    I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?

  • I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @dutch-oven said:

    I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?

    Something is lost in translation 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #55

    12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?

    Zombo: 17

    jcam222: 10.5

    Tour2ma: 15.5

    Nero: 12

    Coyote: 15

    mjp: 17.5

    Bob806: 17

    FlyinJ: 13

    Flugel: 13

    gumby: 14.5

    DutchOven: 10.5

    JDailey: 11

    Answer: Myles Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Very good things were predicted by us for young Garrett this season, and he didn't disappoint. Garrett is firmly the #2 guy on the Browns, someone to build the defense around. FlyinJ and Flugel share this tasty victory.

    And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?

    Something is lost in translation 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @the-gipper said:

    Something is lost in translation 

    One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.

    He better hope something was lost in translation. 

  • 12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?

    Zombo: 17

    jcam222: 10.5

    Tour2ma: 15.5

    Nero: 12

    Coyote: 15

    mjp: 17.5

    Bob806: 17

    FlyinJ: 13

    Flugel: 13

    gumby: 14.5

    DutchOven: 10.5

    JDailey: 11

    Answer: Myles Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Very good things were predicted by us for young Garrett this season, and he didn't disappoint. Garrett is firmly the #2 guy on the Browns, someone to build the defense around. FlyinJ and Flugel share this tasty victory.

    And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #57

    @dutch-oven said:

    12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?

    gumby: 14.5

    Answer: Myles Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018. 

    And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!

    no dummy? I want the refs head on a stick that called Garrett for roughing Ben in opener.Not laying Ben down to ground 'gently' my arss..😁 that f'n homo ref cost me perfection calling  even a half sack..

    @dutch-oven said:

    One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.

    Have you gotten Nero's Powerball Numbers for Saturday? Heck, we could fly his whole family 1st class😉 

  • @nero said:

    Good job, Gipper. You found one of those particularities every language has. 

    I just thought of one in English that is very similar: terrific. It has a negative meaning but when you say ''Terrific'' you are actually saying "awesome!". 

    "De puta madre" has a positive meaning, "hijo de puta" doesn't (thought we use it on friendly environments). 

    I don’t know where you get that terrific has a negative meaning. Maybe you are thinking of horrific. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @the-gipper said:

    I don’t know where you get that terrific has a negative meaning. Maybe you are thinking of horrific. 

    terrific
    /təˈrɪfɪk/
    adjective
    1. 1.
      of great size, amount, or intensity.
      "there was a terrific bang"
      sinónimos: tremendous, huge, massive, gigantic, colossal, mighty, great, very great, very big, prodigious, formidable, sizeable, considerable; Más
       
    2. 2.
      ARCHAIC
      causing terror.
      "his body presented a terrific emblem of death"
      sinónimos: dreadful, terrible, appalling, awful, horrific, horrible, horrendous, horrifying, hideous, grim, ghastly, gruesome, frightful, fearful
      "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction"
       

      @dutch-oven said:

      I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?

      Now that I know that your girl is Irish, I can say I would never poke the Italo-Irish Mafia.
  • @the-gipper said:

    Something is lost in translation 

    One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.

    He better hope something was lost in translation. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @dutch-oven said:

    One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.

    He better hope something was lost in translation. 

    That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.

    @gumby73 said:

    Have you gotten Nero's Powerball Numbers for Saturday? Heck, we could fly his whole family 1st class😉 

    Careful with what you say... I got a big family!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A lot of us weren't really close to Chubb's season totals, but Flugel was the farthest off. 

    Seven fewer yards than Flying J, but double FJ's number of TDs... and Flugs gets the nod???

    RECOUNT!!!!

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #60

    @tour2ma said:

    Seven fewer yards than Flying J, but double FJ's number of TDs... and Flugs gets the nod???

    RECOUNT!!!!

    Thanks Tour!  Are they still selling that HE HATE ME jersey anywhere? 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.

    He better hope something was lost in translation. 

    That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.

    @gumby73 said:

    Have you gotten Nero's Powerball Numbers for Saturday? Heck, we could fly his whole family 1st class😉 

    Careful with what you say... I got a big family!

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @nero said:

    That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.

    I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face. 

    We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it. 

  • 12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?

    Zombo: 17

    jcam222: 10.5

    Tour2ma: 15.5

    Nero: 12

    Coyote: 15

    mjp: 17.5

    Bob806: 17

    FlyinJ: 13

    Flugel: 13

    gumby: 14.5

    DutchOven: 10.5

    JDailey: 11

    Answer: Myles Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Very good things were predicted by us for young Garrett this season, and he didn't disappoint. Garrett is firmly the #2 guy on the Browns, someone to build the defense around. FlyinJ and Flugel share this tasty victory.

    And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @dutch-oven said:

    And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!

    Is that a first?