Dutch's '18 Browns Questions
-
-
Zombo said:
I think someone just went after someone's mama ...

De puta madre means "great"...
-
-
-
How to say whore in Spanish
What's the Spanish word for whore? Here's a list of translations.
Good job, Gipper. You found one of those particularities every language has.
I just thought of one in English that is very similar: terrific. It has a negative meaning but when you say ''Terrific'' you are actually saying "awesome!".
"De puta madre" has a positive meaning, "hijo de puta" doesn't (thought we use it on friendly environments).
-
How to say whore in Spanish
What's the Spanish word for whore? Here's a list of translations.
Good job, Gipper. You found one of those particularities every language has.
I just thought of one in English that is very similar: terrific. It has a negative meaning but when you say ''Terrific'' you are actually saying "awesome!".
"De puta madre" has a positive meaning, "hijo de puta" doesn't (thought we use it on friendly environments).
Good job, Gipper. You found one of those particularities every language has.
I just thought of one in English that is very similar: terrific. It has a negative meaning but when you say ''Terrific'' you are actually saying "awesome!".
"De puta madre" has a positive meaning, "hijo de puta" doesn't (thought we use it on friendly environments).
I don’t know where you get that terrific has a negative meaning. Maybe you are thinking of horrific.
-
I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?
-
I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?
I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?
Something is lost in translation
-
12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?
Zombo: 17
jcam222: 10.5
Tour2ma: 15.5
Nero: 12
Coyote: 15
mjp: 17.5
Bob806: 17
FlyinJ: 13
Flugel: 13
gumby: 14.5
DutchOven: 10.5
JDailey: 11
Answer: Myles Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Very good things were predicted by us for young Garrett this season, and he didn't disappoint. Garrett is firmly the #2 guy on the Browns, someone to build the defense around. FlyinJ and Flugel share this tasty victory.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!
-
I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?
Something is lost in translation
Something is lost in translation
One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.
He better hope something was lost in translation.
-
12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?
Zombo: 17
jcam222: 10.5
Tour2ma: 15.5
Nero: 12
Coyote: 15
mjp: 17.5
Bob806: 17
FlyinJ: 13
Flugel: 13
gumby: 14.5
DutchOven: 10.5
JDailey: 11
Answer: Myles Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Very good things were predicted by us for young Garrett this season, and he didn't disappoint. Garrett is firmly the #2 guy on the Browns, someone to build the defense around. FlyinJ and Flugel share this tasty victory.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!
12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?
gumby: 14.5
Answer: Myles Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!
no dummy? I want the refs head on a stick that called Garrett for roughing Ben in opener.Not laying Ben down to ground 'gently' my arss..
that f'n homo ref cost me perfection calling even a half sack..
One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.
Have you gotten Nero's Powerball Numbers for Saturday? Heck, we could fly his whole family 1st class
-
Good job, Gipper. You found one of those particularities every language has.
I just thought of one in English that is very similar: terrific. It has a negative meaning but when you say ''Terrific'' you are actually saying "awesome!".
"De puta madre" has a positive meaning, "hijo de puta" doesn't (thought we use it on friendly environments).
I don’t know where you get that terrific has a negative meaning. Maybe you are thinking of horrific.
I don’t know where you get that terrific has a negative meaning. Maybe you are thinking of horrific.
terrific/təˈrɪfɪk/adjective-
1.of great size, amount, or intensity."there was a terrific bang"
sinónimos: tremendous, huge, massive, gigantic, colossal, mighty, great, very great, very big, prodigious, formidable, sizeable, considerable; Más -
2.ARCHAICcausing terror."his body presented a terrific emblem of death"
sinónimos: dreadful, terrible, appalling, awful, horrific, horrible, horrendous, horrifying, hideous, grim, ghastly, gruesome, frightful, fearful "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction"
Now that I know that your girl is Irish, I can say I would never poke the Italo-Irish Mafia.I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?
-
-
Something is lost in translation
One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.
He better hope something was lost in translation.
One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.
He better hope something was lost in translation.
That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.
Have you gotten Nero's Powerball Numbers for Saturday? Heck, we could fly his whole family 1st class
Careful with what you say... I got a big family!
-
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A lot of us weren't really close to Chubb's season totals, but Flugel was the farthest off.
Seven fewer yards than Flying J, but double FJ's number of TDs... and Flugs gets the nod???
RECOUNT!!!!
-
One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.
He better hope something was lost in translation.
That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.
Have you gotten Nero's Powerball Numbers for Saturday? Heck, we could fly his whole family 1st class
Careful with what you say... I got a big family!
That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.
I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face.
We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it.
-
12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?
Zombo: 17
jcam222: 10.5
Tour2ma: 15.5
Nero: 12
Coyote: 15
mjp: 17.5
Bob806: 17
FlyinJ: 13
Flugel: 13
gumby: 14.5
DutchOven: 10.5
JDailey: 11
Answer: Myles Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Very good things were predicted by us for young Garrett this season, and he didn't disappoint. Garrett is firmly the #2 guy on the Browns, someone to build the defense around. FlyinJ and Flugel share this tasty victory.
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!
Is that a first?
-
That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.
I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face.
We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it.
I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face.
We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it.
*Sigh* I never mentioned your mother...
-
And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!
Is that a first?
Is that a first?
I've been doing these for a dozen or so years (dating back to the board mjp, Coyote and JDailey came from) and every once in a while there's no chicken dinner awarded or the big dummy named.
The "Big Dummy Award" is a joke from the old board. There was a poster on it - VTBrowns - who was unintentionally the funniest mothertrucker I've ever known. He'd get on these rants and then get made fun of so hard he'd quit the board for months, only to return and the same hilarity would ensue. He was yelling at someone one day and started calling them "big dummy", which caused us to imagine him as Fred Sanford. He called us the "bitch click"... He wasn't the strongest speller either. God I miss VT... ?
-
That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.
I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face.
We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it.
I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face.
We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it.
Italian? Then what's up with the screen name? The last 2 Italian guys that wanted to be Dutch were Brutus and Cassius.
Now we have a Spanish guy that wants to be called Nero; and it's like Ancestry.Com just slapped you right upside the head with - how bout a little Michael Corleone needing to defend his mother here?
-
I don’t know where you get that terrific has a negative meaning. Maybe you are thinking of horrific.
terrific/təˈrɪfɪk/adjective-
1.of great size, amount, or intensity."there was a terrific bang"
sinónimos: tremendous, huge, massive, gigantic, colossal, mighty, great, very great, very big, prodigious, formidable, sizeable, considerable; Más -
2.ARCHAICcausing terror."his body presented a terrific emblem of death"
sinónimos: dreadful, terrible, appalling, awful, horrific, horrible, horrendous, horrifying, hideous, grim, ghastly, gruesome, frightful, fearful "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction"
Now that I know that your girl is Irish, I can say I would never poke the Italo-Irish Mafia.I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?
terrific/təˈrɪfɪk/adjective-
1.of great size, amount, or intensity."there was a terrific bang"
sinónimos: tremendous, huge, massive, gigantic, colossal, mighty, great, very great, very big, prodigious, formidable, sizeable, considerable; Más -
2.ARCHAICcausing terror."his body presented a terrific emblem of death"
sinónimos: dreadful, terrible, appalling, awful, horrific, horrible, horrendous, horrifying, hideous, grim, ghastly, gruesome, frightful, fearful "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction"Now that I know that your girl is Irish, I can say I would never poke the Italo-Irish Mafia.
Well....I am an English speaking person...for 67 years now.......and I can tell you that I have never heard the term "terrific" used to mean what that second part of that definition says.....and I doubt that anyone else on here has either......and even the sentence given does not jive with the definition: "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction" I would take to me "huge/massive, etc.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login



