Skip to content

The Combine

The Browns Board
164 27 5.2k 1
  • @ballpeen said:

      The only thing worse than blowing a top pick is sticking with a blown pick.

    And I agree with those who think it is way too early to pronounce Rosen as a blown pick. Get him an OL and rebuild his D!

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I agree with those who think it is way too early to pronounce Rosen as a blown pick. Get him an OL and rebuild his D!

    I don't disagree, but if the Cards do draft Murray, it looks like they feel that way.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And I agree with those who think it is way too early to pronounce Rosen as a blown pick. Get him an OL and rebuild his D!

    I don't disagree, but if the Cards do draft Murray, it looks like they feel that way.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't disagree, but if the Cards do draft Murray, it looks like they feel that way.

    I think it was in nfl.com 'peen- but if they do that, it's an unbelievable sunk cost. You're trading a 2018 first, third, and fifth for a 2019 third, or (best case scenario) a second?  I agree Rosen's rookie stats aren't great- if you compare them to Baker's, but as Ag said- that whole Cardinals team was pretty stinko. 

    Assuming they would do the sane thing and take Bosa or Williams, they just might still be bad enough this year to take a top QB in 2020, or Rosen may improve enough to make drafting a different QB unnecessary.  (See Browns- Garrett, Mayfield).  

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't disagree, but if the Cards do draft Murray, it looks like they feel that way.

    I think it was in nfl.com 'peen- but if they do that, it's an unbelievable sunk cost. You're trading a 2018 first, third, and fifth for a 2019 third, or (best case scenario) a second?  I agree Rosen's rookie stats aren't great- if you compare them to Baker's, but as Ag said- that whole Cardinals team was pretty stinko. 

    Assuming they would do the sane thing and take Bosa or Williams, they just might still be bad enough this year to take a top QB in 2020, or Rosen may improve enough to make drafting a different QB unnecessary.  (See Browns- Garrett, Mayfield).  

    @hoorta said:

    I think it was in nfl.com 'peen- but if they do that, it's an unbelievable sunk cost. You're trading a 2018 first, third, and fifth for a 2019 third, or (best case scenario) a second?  I agree Rosen's rookie stats aren't great- if you compare them to Baker's, but as Ag said- that whole Cardinals team was pretty stinko. 

    Assuming they would do the sane thing and take Bosa or Williams, they just might still be bad enough this year to take a top QB in 2020, or Rosen may improve enough to make drafting a different QB unnecessary.  (See Browns- Garrett, Mayfield).  

    I understand your line of thinking, but the new coach doesn't care.  The current QB isn't the type of QB he needs to implement his system.  So there is that to consider.

  • @hoorta said:

    I think it was in nfl.com 'peen- but if they do that, it's an unbelievable sunk cost. You're trading a 2018 first, third, and fifth for a 2019 third, or (best case scenario) a second?  I agree Rosen's rookie stats aren't great- if you compare them to Baker's, but as Ag said- that whole Cardinals team was pretty stinko. 

    Assuming they would do the sane thing and take Bosa or Williams, they just might still be bad enough this year to take a top QB in 2020, or Rosen may improve enough to make drafting a different QB unnecessary.  (See Browns- Garrett, Mayfield).  

    I understand your line of thinking, but the new coach doesn't care.  The current QB isn't the type of QB he needs to implement his system.  So there is that to consider.

    @ballpeen said:

    I understand your line of thinking, but the new coach doesn't care.  The current QB isn't the type of QB he needs to implement his system.  So there is that to consider.

    The problem is that Murray is still a run first QB who can't read an NFL defense. That is the double dose of disaster about to happen to the Cards. The interviews at the combine are telling the  real scouts all they need to know to say "pass". Murray will prove to be a fool for not sticking with baseball IMO.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I understand your line of thinking, but the new coach doesn't care.  The current QB isn't the type of QB he needs to implement his system.  So there is that to consider.

    The problem is that Murray is still a run first QB who can't read an NFL defense. That is the double dose of disaster about to happen to the Cards. The interviews at the combine are telling the  real scouts all they need to know to say "pass". Murray will prove to be a fool for not sticking with baseball IMO.

    @texasag1969 said:

    The problem is that Murray is still a run first QB who can't read an NFL defense. That is the double dose of disaster about to happen to the Cards. The interviews at the combine are telling the  real scouts all they need to know to say "pass". Murray will prove to be a fool for not sticking with baseball IMO.

    RGKnee 2.0

  • I don't see Murray as a 'run first' QB.  He does a good job standing in the pocket initially.   However I question his field vision and understanding of what is in front of him.   That severely handicaps his passing ability from said pocket. 

    There are times he looks like he is just "scanning" For an open receiver when his primary isn't an option.   

    Baker did this last year although to a much,  much lesser extent.   And instead of running to run,  he scrambled to throw.   

    Needless to say,  I don't think highly of Murray as a 1st round pick.   Russell Wilson was a 3rd rounder and that is the comparison hill many seem to be dying on. 

  • @ballpeen said:

    I understand your line of thinking, but the new coach doesn't care.  The current QB isn't the type of QB he needs to implement his system.  So there is that to consider.

    The problem is that Murray is still a run first QB who can't read an NFL defense. That is the double dose of disaster about to happen to the Cards. The interviews at the combine are telling the  real scouts all they need to know to say "pass". Murray will prove to be a fool for not sticking with baseball IMO.

    @texasag1969 said:

    The problem is that Murray is still a run first QB who can't read an NFL defense. That is the double dose of disaster about to happen to the Cards. The interviews at the combine are telling the  real scouts all they need to know to say "pass". Murray will prove to be a fool for not sticking with baseball IMO.

    Trivia question:

    Which NFL franchise has lost more games than any other in history.....and why?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    The problem is that Murray is still a run first QB who can't read an NFL defense. That is the double dose of disaster about to happen to the Cards. The interviews at the combine are telling the  real scouts all they need to know to say "pass". Murray will prove to be a fool for not sticking with baseball IMO.

    Trivia question:

    Which NFL franchise has lost more games than any other in history.....and why?

    @the-gipper said:

    Trivia question:

    Which NFL franchise has lost more games than any other in history.....and why?

    Can I guess Cardinals, because they've been around for a while?

  • @hoorta said:

    I think it was in nfl.com 'peen- but if they do that, it's an unbelievable sunk cost. You're trading a 2018 first, third, and fifth for a 2019 third, or (best case scenario) a second?  I agree Rosen's rookie stats aren't great- if you compare them to Baker's, but as Ag said- that whole Cardinals team was pretty stinko. 

    Assuming they would do the sane thing and take Bosa or Williams, they just might still be bad enough this year to take a top QB in 2020, or Rosen may improve enough to make drafting a different QB unnecessary.  (See Browns- Garrett, Mayfield).  

    I understand your line of thinking, but the new coach doesn't care.  The current QB isn't the type of QB he needs to implement his system.  So there is that to consider.

    @ballpeen said:

    I understand your line of thinking, but the new coach doesn't care.  The current QB isn't the type of QB he needs to implement his system.  So there is that to consider.

    And great coaches adapt their systems to the talent on hand. Shades of the Huebatross telling noodle arm Kessler to throw it deep. KKs coaching ability is somewhat suspect based on what he did in the college ranks.

    @texasag1969 said:

    The problem is that Murray is still a run first QB who can't read an NFL defense. That is the double dose of disaster about to happen to the Cards. The interviews at the combine are telling the  real scouts all they need to know to say "pass". Murray will prove to be a fool for not sticking with baseball IMO.

    If the reports coming out of the Combine are true, the Cards will be making a humongous mistake drafting Murray @ #1 overall.

    Interviewed poorly, and didn't do well on the white board- supposedly. OTOH, Baker blew Marriucci away with how good he was discussing plays. We do know opposing GMs will intentionally bad mouth a player in the hope said player will fall far enough for them to draft him.

    I will be mighty curious when the Wunderlich scores start leaking out.

  • I am not going to disagree.  I am just telling you how it is.

  • 2019 Browns Mock Draft 1.0 (a bit long but fun to watch) from Cleveland Browns Radio Network picking #1  -- #17.

  • BTW I agree with those on the Mock Draft who see the Murray pick by the Cards as nothing more than a smoke screen to entice a QB needy team to trade up with them for #1 overall. And the reasoning is sound. Rosen was beaten up last year because they had one of the worst OLs in the NFL. Get  him some help. Plus they need to get back some of those draft pick positions they traded off last year to get Rosen in the first place. Taking Murray makes about as much sense as hiring KK as your HC. Uh Oh!?

  • I don't see Murray as a 'run first' QB.  He does a good job standing in the pocket initially.   However I question his field vision and understanding of what is in front of him.   That severely handicaps his passing ability from said pocket. 

    There are times he looks like he is just "scanning" For an open receiver when his primary isn't an option.   

    Baker did this last year although to a much,  much lesser extent.   And instead of running to run,  he scrambled to throw.   

    Needless to say,  I don't think highly of Murray as a 1st round pick.   Russell Wilson was a 3rd rounder and that is the comparison hill many seem to be dying on. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Needless to say,  I don't think highly of Murray as a 1st round pick.   Russell Wilson was a 3rd rounder and that is the comparison hill many seem to be dying on. 

    Russell Wilson is the reason why Baker and Murray will likely both be #1 picks.. imo

    Quick feet are one of the most important traits for a QB now, unless you have big arm and an elite level IQ(Brady, Brees, Manning) 

    For the record I believe Haskins might be on that elite level, it might just take some time for him depending on what situation he lands in.