The Combine
-
Who watches all of it ....I am a bit of a nerdy geek I even mark down player stats etc on a writing pad each year so I can study them to help with my final mock draft at the end of April
.......Â
-
Who watches all of it ....I am a bit of a nerdy geek I even mark down player stats etc on a writing pad each year so I can study them to help with my final mock draft at the end of April
.......Â
Who watches all of it ....I am a bit of a nerdy geek I even mark down player stats etc on a writing pad each year so I can study them to help with my final mock draft at the end of April
.......Â
I just come here and read all you, addicts, lol. I eventually watch some highlights and last year I watched all top prospect QBs' pressers... I still remember that I found that both Rosen and Mayfield won on the presser in my opinion.Â
It must have been a great surprise for the NFL the huge success the NFL Combine has had throughout the years, I bet they didn't expect making money on coaches watching youngsters run out of a game context and interviewing them.
-
Always watch what I can
-
When is FA ?
-
Who watches all of it ....I am a bit of a nerdy geek I even mark down player stats etc on a writing pad each year so I can study them to help with my final mock draft at the end of April
.......Â
Who watches all of it ....I am a bit of a nerdy geek I even mark down player stats etc on a writing pad each year so I can study them to help with my final mock draft at the end of April
.......Â
Guilty here as well... Love my DVR!
But just not going to be the same this year without Mayock talking about "bubblebutts"...
-
When is FA ?
from noon 3-11-19 till 3:59:59 pm 3-13-19..Trading period begins 3-13-19 4PM..Combine? It's my after Xmas Postal Service 'Hell with Hue' Vacation..?️ thanks for head start! VODKA! Bloody Mary's & Screwdrivers with Pounds of Munchies..Guilty! clipboard in hand 9am.. Â
-
When is FA ?
from noon 3-11-19 till 3:59:59 pm 3-13-19..Trading period begins 3-13-19 4PM..Combine? It's my after Xmas Postal Service 'Hell with Hue' Vacation..?️ thanks for head start! VODKA! Bloody Mary's & Screwdrivers with Pounds of Munchies..Guilty! clipboard in hand 9am.. Â
-
-
Tabasco, fresh ground black pepper, celery salt, & prepared horseradish do it for me Tour, although the juice/mix you start with (tomato juice, V8/Spicy V8, Clamato, or bloody mary mix) may be the key.
Mike
Speaking of Tours and Tabasco.....on my last trip I took a tour of the Tabasco plant in Avery Island, Louisiana.
-
Who watches all of it ....I am a bit of a nerdy geek I even mark down player stats etc on a writing pad each year so I can study them to help with my final mock draft at the end of April
.......Â
Guilty here as well... Love my DVR!
But just not going to be the same this year without Mayock talking about "bubblebutts"...
-
Tabasco, fresh ground black pepper, celery salt, & prepared horseradish do it for me Tour, although the juice/mix you start with (tomato juice, V8/Spicy V8, Clamato, or bloody mary mix) may be the key.
Mike
I skip the pepper, horseradish only occasionally. Instead of Tabasco, I use some Melinda's habanero sauce when I want to turn up the heat. Why ruin perfectly good Tito's vodka with yucky V8? Booze doesn't improve it's taste for me. Other than your above, just good plain old Mr T's mix. And worstershire, lots of worstershire.
-
Tabasco, fresh ground black pepper, celery salt, & prepared horseradish do it for me Tour, although the juice/mix you start with (tomato juice, V8/Spicy V8, Clamato, or bloody mary mix) may be the key.
So which starter mix is best? I've been using V8...
Never thought of horseradish... only things you did not mention that I use are lime (wet glass rim for salt then squeeze in the rest) and a celery stalk. Been thinking about trying celery salt.
Biggest thing is I am not a fan of Tabasco. I go very light on it for the mix, pour mine and then triple the dashes into my wife's portion... and she usually adds a couple more.
-
Just a question.. Does anyone or any team really glean anything from the Combine?... I always thought of it as promotional window dressing...
Just a question.. Does anyone or any team really glean anything from the Combine?... I always thought of it as promotional window dressing...
I'm no expert, but I like to watch player's energy levels and demeanor, & I think the most important part of the Combine are the interviews. Just my opinion.
Mike
-
Tabasco, fresh ground black pepper, celery salt, & prepared horseradish do it for me Tour, although the juice/mix you start with (tomato juice, V8/Spicy V8, Clamato, or bloody mary mix) may be the key.
So which starter mix is best? I've been using V8...
Never thought of horseradish... only things you did not mention that I use are lime (wet glass rim for salt then squeeze in the rest) and a celery stalk. Been thinking about trying celery salt.
Biggest thing is I am not a fan of Tabasco. I go very light on it for the mix, pour mine and then triple the dashes into my wife's portion... and she usually adds a couple more.
So which starter mix is best? I've been using V8...
Never thought of horseradish... only things you did not mention that I use are lime (wet glass rim for salt then squeeze in the rest) and a celery stalk. Been thinking about trying celery salt.
Biggest thing is I am not a fan of Tabasco. I go very light on it for the mix, pour mine and then triple the dashes into my wife's portion... and she usually adds a couple more.
Personally, I don't use the mixes. IMHO, V8 is a good choice & celery salt is a MUST. If you don't like Tabasco, try Frank's Red Hot. It's flavorful but not real hot. Another option is to add a little beef broth. You can get real creative, but I LOVE the horseradish.
BTW, if using a thick tomato juice, do not stir, but ROLL the drink between 2 glasses so as not to break down the consistency of the juice yet blend the flavors well.
Mike
-
Tabasco, fresh ground black pepper, celery salt, & prepared horseradish do it for me Tour, although the juice/mix you start with (tomato juice, V8/Spicy V8, Clamato, or bloody mary mix) may be the key.
So which starter mix is best? I've been using V8...
Never thought of horseradish... only things you did not mention that I use are lime (wet glass rim for salt then squeeze in the rest) and a celery stalk. Been thinking about trying celery salt.
Biggest thing is I am not a fan of Tabasco. I go very light on it for the mix, pour mine and then triple the dashes into my wife's portion... and she usually adds a couple more.
So which starter mix is best? I've been using V8...
Never thought of horseradish... only things you did not mention that I use are lime (wet glass rim for salt then squeeze in the rest) and a celery stalk. Been thinking about trying celery salt.
Biggest thing is I am not a fan of Tabasco. I go very light on it for the mix, pour mine and then triple the dashes into my wife's portion... and she usually adds a couple more.
Too many large group of card playing nights & a wife that spoils me, lead me to some bloody convenience. Demitri's Classic bloody mary mix is a time saver..(there pepperoni straws are killer) youtube demitri's or the wife orders different demitri's mixers from amazon..(ingredients labels on site) i think there is 4 types? My after sleep, Bloody Mary number is their 'Classic'. Now again am spoiled on demitri's, but ya can't go wrong using V8 & adding your own idea's..wife prefers a dash of A1 steak sauce over the heartburn of horseradish or worstershire..1 card player even prefers soy/teriyaki sauce.(yuck!).good luck & hollar if ya need..their bacon salt is tasty also. go light salt on rim Â
-
Miss.St. DT Jeffery Simmons (a top 25 prospect) & WR Colorado St. Preston Williams fail Combine background check & get no Combine invite..Williams pleaded guilty to harassing a women, court date differed. Simmons was arrested in 2016 for Physical altercation with women..The List of 335 should be out next week. Lot of juniors coming out this year. could be a lot of unhappy campers waiting on Pro Days?
-
Just a question.. Does anyone or any team really glean anything from the Combine?... I always thought of it as promotional window dressing...
Just a question.. Does anyone or any team really glean anything from the Combine?... I always thought of it as promotional window dressing...
Absolutely... and I think every team gains prospect insight from the Combine. Remember they conduct "interviews" in addition to the on-field stuff.
On-field everyone looks for confirmation of what they know and surprises by some they don't. A few names always pop.
And it's not just the measured stuff... it's also the drills.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login