The Combine
-
Why should we care until and unless we draft them?
Last year it was a little different Gip.. We needed a quarterback- badly. And we picked #1 and #4. So yeah, I watched the Combine- especially the QBs, and all their pro days too. So what did I say about Josh Allen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh?
Garret was the projected #1 pick in the draft. The Browns had the #1 pick in the draft.....so certainly we cared about him for that reason.
Where do these other guys project? Any of them in the mix for the #17 pick? That would be the only reason to single them out.
That's the difference this year. No player is going to impact the W\L as much as the quarterback. 16 teams picking ahead of us- so much harder to say what's going to happen. A guy we may want could be off the board. Count me not quite as interested. BTW, several DL from Clemson, as well as other guys rated with good pass rush skills could be on our radar. We'll certainly look at CBs, and maybe a few WRs too. O-line depth.
Did you give a so what, we have Tretter at center? And if he gets hurt? Right now they have Kyle Kalis listed as his backup. Ever heard of him before? Maybe, can Corbet play center? See what I mean? So we can't be looking at just one guy at a given position.
Last year it was a little different Gip.. We needed a quarterback- badly. And we picked #1 and #4. So yeah, I watched the Combine- especially the QBs, and all their pro days too. So what did I say about Josh Allen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh?
That's the difference this year. No player is going to impact the W\L as much as the quarterback. 16 teams picking ahead of us- so much harder to say what's going to happen. A guy we may want could be off the board. Count me not quite as interested. BTW, several DL from Clemson, as well as other guys rated with good pass rush skills could be on our radar. We'll certainly look at CBs, and maybe a few WRs too. O-line depth.
Did you give a so what, we have Tretter at center? And if he gets hurt? Right now they have Kyle Kalis listed as his backup. Ever heard of him before? Maybe, can Corbet play center? See what I mean? So we can't be looking at just one guy at a given position.
I agree. Many more players are on the table, and it's a message board. Gip's a buddy, but he doesn't decide what to talk about and and what not to talk about.
My theory is if the topic interests you, join in...if not move on to another topic. I don't comment on every thread in this forum, mostly because all don't interest me.
Again, Gip, you are a solid in my book.
-
Last year it was a little different Gip.. We needed a quarterback- badly. And we picked #1 and #4. So yeah, I watched the Combine- especially the QBs, and all their pro days too. So what did I say about Josh Allen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh?
That's the difference this year. No player is going to impact the W\L as much as the quarterback. 16 teams picking ahead of us- so much harder to say what's going to happen. A guy we may want could be off the board. Count me not quite as interested. BTW, several DL from Clemson, as well as other guys rated with good pass rush skills could be on our radar. We'll certainly look at CBs, and maybe a few WRs too. O-line depth.
Did you give a so what, we have Tretter at center? And if he gets hurt? Right now they have Kyle Kalis listed as his backup. Ever heard of him before? Maybe, can Corbet play center? See what I mean? So we can't be looking at just one guy at a given position.
I agree. Many more players are on the table, and it's a message board. Gip's a buddy, but he doesn't decide what to talk about and and what not to talk about.
My theory is if the topic interests you, join in...if not move on to another topic. I don't comment on every thread in this forum, mostly because all don't interest me.
Again, Gip, you are a solid in my book.
I agree. Many more players are on the table, and it's a message board. Gip's a buddy, but he doesn't decide what to talk about and and what not to talk about.
My theory is if the topic interests you, join in...if not move on to another topic. I don't comment on every thread in this forum, mostly because all don't interest me.
Again, Gip, you are a solid in my book.
I was really just ragging on Tex because he was being an Aggie Faggie. It was done far more for that reason than anything else. Was just a little jovial banter
-
I agree. Many more players are on the table, and it's a message board. Gip's a buddy, but he doesn't decide what to talk about and and what not to talk about.
My theory is if the topic interests you, join in...if not move on to another topic. I don't comment on every thread in this forum, mostly because all don't interest me.
Again, Gip, you are a solid in my book.
I was really just ragging on Tex because he was being an Aggie Faggie. It was done far more for that reason than anything else. Was just a little jovial banter
I was really just ragging on Tex because he was being an Aggie Faggie. It was done far more for that reason than anything else. Was just a little jovial banter
Well just remember the name Kenyon Green in the 2022 Draft. If he stays healthy he will be the best OT ever to play for Maroon & White.?
-
I was really just ragging on Tex because he was being an Aggie Faggie. It was done far more for that reason than anything else. Was just a little jovial banter
Well just remember the name Kenyon Green in the 2022 Draft. If he stays healthy he will be the best OT ever to play for Maroon & White.?
Well just remember the name Kenyon Green in the 2022 Draft. If he stays healthy he will be the best OT ever to play for Maroon & White.?
???????Author John Green went to Kenyon College
-
So what did I say about Josh
AllenRosen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh? Hoorta*******************
FIFY
-
So what did I say about Josh
AllenRosen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh? Hoorta*******************
FIFY
-
It was a joke. Bringing up Allen, wouldn't you claim the same about hoorta?
Neither one did well in their rookie years. I made fun of myself over that.
Speaking of stalkerish, your repeated belligerence towards me, go look in a mirror.
-
My eyes for us at 17 are on greedy williams (CB) Byron Murphy (CB) Dexter Lawrence (dt) ed Oliver (dt) montez sweat (de) rashan Gary (de) Devin white (lb). All of those guys are in the top five at their position by most Scouts but only greedy Williams Byron Murphy top two corners and Devin White top linebacker are at the top of the list the other 4 are all in the range of 3rd to 5th best at their position (on average ranking). I don't see any way possible that there isn't a very good defensive player on the board for us when we pick a 17 like others have suggested.
-
So what did I say about Josh
AllenRosen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh? Hoorta*******************
FIFY
So what did I say about Josh
AllenRosen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh? Hoorta*******************
FIFY
I said I was worried about his concussions and other injuries... take those away, I was on board, didn't care about the personality issues. Like someone else here did. Josh survived the majority of an NFL season without further serious damage, so it remains to be seen.
Too early to write any of the 2018 QB class off as busts, but for sure Baker had the best season of all of them....
-
Baker was a BRILLIANT pick alright. He probably didn't surprise Dorsey, but a lot of folks
didn't know Baker was going to already have a place at the HOF.
Just amazing. Baker surprised me on the news the other evening:
http://www.cleveland19.com/2019/02/23/join-baker-mayfield-polar-plunge/
-
Ill be watching WR, DT and DB's
-
Miss.St. DT Jeffery Simmons, La.Tech DE-Jaylon Ferguson & WR Colorado St. Preston Williams fail Combine background check & get no Combine invite..
Nfl.com now reports, that all 3 players will get expenses paid invite to Combine for *Medical Evaluations Only*..Jeffery Simmons stock continues falling now with late ACL injury. Drafted team will need to sit Simmons on IR most/all season. Ferguson's agent is still pushing to get his client on the field (tick-tock) Freddie Kitchens is scheduled to speak at Combine 2-27-19 at 12:15pm..John Dorsey speaks 2-28-19 at 10am...both should be carried on NFL Network (exact viewing times could get debatable) ...
-
I still think this draft class (compared to next season) is going to be to hard to pass on for Dorsey's likings at Tackle position.The scouting rules of most NFL LT's arm lenght is 34" inches.larger wingspans combining good feet balance & base .some monsters & surprises.. https://walterfootball.com/combine/weighin/OL (sorry, but walt needs to fix his pop-ups)
-
What's is name: Kyler Murray, is supposed to undergo all those measurements this morning.
Height, weight, arm length, hand size.
They say he could compare to Russell Wilson....but I don't think so.
Wilson was 5'10 3/4ths. If Murray breaks 5'9 I may be surprised.
Wilson weighed 205. Unless Murray does a major carbo load, he could be under 190.
Wilson's hands were huge. 10" 1/2 inches. At 6'2" my own hands do not reach 10 inches. I do think that Murray could have decent hand size, the way he is able to handle and throw the ball...but not 10.5 or anywhere near.
Of course, in theory....it is still optional if Murray wants to undergo these measurements. He could decline.
-
I'm so glad that this year we're not the ones trying to chase Baker's success by talking ourselves into drafting his Billy Barty like collegiate replacement.
-
-
-
Carbo loaded.
The carbs didn't make him taller than 5-9 though.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login