Skip to content

The Combine

The Browns Board
164 27 5.2k 1
  • So what did I say about Josh Allen Rosen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh?   Hoorta

    *******************

    FIFY

    @calfoxwc said:

    So what did I say about Josh Allen Rosen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh?   Hoorta

    *******************

    FIFY

    Jesus, your obsession over Rosen is downright stalkerish. 

  • It was a joke. Bringing up Allen, wouldn't you claim the same about hoorta?

    Neither one did well in their rookie years. I made fun of myself over that.

    Speaking of stalkerish, your repeated belligerence towards me, go look in a mirror.

  • My eyes for us at 17 are on greedy williams (CB) Byron Murphy (CB) Dexter Lawrence (dt) ed Oliver (dt) montez sweat (de) rashan Gary (de) Devin white (lb). All of those guys are in the top five at their position by most Scouts but only greedy Williams Byron Murphy top two corners and Devin White top linebacker are at the top of the list the other 4 are all in the range of 3rd to 5th best at their position (on average ranking). I don't see any way possible that there isn't a very good defensive player on the board for us when we pick a 17 like others have suggested.

  • So what did I say about Josh Allen Rosen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh?   Hoorta

    *******************

    FIFY

    @calfoxwc said:

    So what did I say about Josh Allen Rosen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh?   Hoorta

    *******************

    FIFY

    I said I was worried about his concussions and other injuries... take those away, I was on board, didn't care about the personality issues. Like someone else here did. Josh survived the majority of an NFL season without further serious damage, so it remains to be seen. 

    Too early to write any of the 2018 QB class off as busts, but for sure Baker had the best season of all of them.... 

  • Baker was a BRILLIANT pick alright. He probably didn't surprise Dorsey, but a lot of folks

    didn't know Baker was going to already have a place at the HOF.

    Just amazing. Baker surprised me on the news the other evening:

    http://www.cleveland19.com/2019/02/23/join-baker-mayfield-polar-plunge/

  • Ill be watching WR, DT and DB's

  • @gumby73 said:

    Miss.St. DT Jeffery Simmons, La.Tech DE-Jaylon Ferguson & WR Colorado St. Preston Williams fail Combine background check & get no Combine invite..

    Nfl.com now reports, that all 3 players will get expenses paid invite to Combine for *Medical Evaluations Only*..Jeffery Simmons stock continues falling now with late ACL injury. Drafted team will need to sit Simmons on IR most/all season. Ferguson's agent is still pushing to get his client on the field (tick-tock) Freddie Kitchens is scheduled to speak at Combine 2-27-19 at 12:15pm..John Dorsey speaks 2-28-19 at 10am...both should be carried on NFL Network (exact viewing times could get debatable)  ...   

    @gumby73 said:

    Freddie Kitchens is scheduled to speak at Combine 2-27-19 at 12:15pm..John Dorsey speaks 2-28-19 at 10am...both should be carried on NFL Network (exact viewing times could get debatable)  ...   

           today at combine

  • I still think this draft class (compared to next season) is going to be to hard to pass on for Dorsey's likings at Tackle position.The scouting rules of most NFL LT's arm lenght is 34" inches.larger wingspans combining good feet balance & base .some monsters & surprises.. https://walterfootball.com/combine/weighin/OL (sorry, but walt needs to fix his pop-ups)    

  • What's is name:  Kyler Murray,  is supposed to undergo all those measurements this morning.

    Height, weight, arm length, hand size.

    They say he could compare to Russell Wilson....but I don't think so.

    Wilson was 5'10  3/4ths.    If Murray breaks 5'9 I may be surprised.

    Wilson weighed  205.   Unless Murray does a major carbo load, he could be under 190.

    Wilson's hands were huge.  10" 1/2 inches.  At 6'2"  my own hands do not reach 10 inches.   I do think that Murray could have decent hand size, the way he is able to handle and throw the ball...but not  10.5 or anywhere near.

    Of course, in theory....it is still optional if Murray wants to undergo these measurements.  He could decline.

  • Kyler Murray was 5'10, 207 with 9.5" hands. 

  • I'm so glad that this year we're not the ones trying to chase Baker's success by talking ourselves into drafting his Billy Barty like collegiate replacement. 

  • I'm so glad that this year we're not the ones trying to chase Baker's success by talking ourselves into drafting his Billy Barty like collegiate replacement. 

    @d-bone said:

    I'm so glad that this year we're not the ones trying to chase Baker's success by talking ourselves into drafting his Billy Barty like collegiate replacement. 

    A lot of people on this board were saying much the same about Baker last year.

    Time will tell if Murray will be good or not.

  • Kyler Murray was 5'10, 207 with 9.5" hands. 

    @mark-o said:

    Kyler Murray was 5'10, 207 with 9.5" hands. 

    That boy has been eating a ton of Chipotle and PBj's. 

    Being 210ish and trying to maintain that will hinder his explosion.  I trust many GM's will take that into consideration. 

  • Kyler Murray was 5'10, 207 with 9.5" hands. 

    @mark-o said:

    Kyler Murray was 5'10, 207 with 9.5" hands. 

    Carbo loaded.

  • @mark-o said:

    Kyler Murray was 5'10, 207 with 9.5" hands. 

    Carbo loaded.

    @the-gipper said:

    Carbo loaded.

    The carbs didn't make him taller than 5-9 though.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Carbo loaded.

    The carbs didn't make him taller than 5-9 though.

    @mark-o said:

    The carbs didn't make him taller than 5-9 though.

    antique-19th-century-torture-rack-3.jpg

  • @mark-o said:

    Kyler Murray was 5'10, 207 with 9.5" hands. 

    That boy has been eating a ton of Chipotle and PBj's. 

    Being 210ish and trying to maintain that will hinder his explosion.  I trust many GM's will take that into consideration. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    That boy has been eating a ton of Chipotle and PBj's. 

    Being 210ish and trying to maintain that will hinder his explosion.  I trust many GM's will take that into consideration. 

    I was expecting Murray to weigh in at less than 200. He obviously bulked up. Will he run the 40 at that weight?

    @ballpeen said:

    A lot of people on this board were saying much the same about Baker last year.

    Time will tell if Murray will be good or not.

    But Baker is 3" taller. OK, he's Russell Wilson sized- but he sure doesn't have Wilson's build. 

    Just glad we don't have to worry about drafting him. If we were in the QB market this year, I'd be wanting Dwayne Haskins instead, and it wouldn't even be close.

  • Baker is taller and even then he had moments this year where you could ask if his height was/is a concern.   That pick to Jimmy Smith during our last game is a prime example. 

    In what little I've watched of Murray I've seen him miss some pretty routine stuff because his height severely limits his field vision and he hasn't been as adept throwing from passing windows without some of the misdirection and lateral action which moves the line.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    That boy has been eating a ton of Chipotle and PBj's. 

    Being 210ish and trying to maintain that will hinder his explosion.  I trust many GM's will take that into consideration. 

    I was expecting Murray to weigh in at less than 200. He obviously bulked up. Will he run the 40 at that weight?

    @ballpeen said:

    A lot of people on this board were saying much the same about Baker last year.

    Time will tell if Murray will be good or not.

    But Baker is 3" taller. OK, he's Russell Wilson sized- but he sure doesn't have Wilson's build. 

    Just glad we don't have to worry about drafting him. If we were in the QB market this year, I'd be wanting Dwayne Haskins instead, and it wouldn't even be close.

    @hoorta said:

    I was expecting Murray to weigh in at less than 200. He obviously bulked up. Will he run the 40 at that weight?

    But Baker is 3" taller. OK, he's Russell Wilson sized- but he sure doesn't have Wilson's build. 

    Just glad we don't have to worry about drafting him. If we were in the QB market this year, I'd be wanting Dwayne Haskins instead, and it wouldn't even be close.

    My point is small doesn't matter anymore.  The spread has entered the NFL as I predicted 10 years ago.  Don't underestimate Murray because he seems short.

    I'd take Murray over Haskins.   He's a better player.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    That boy has been eating a ton of Chipotle and PBj's. 

    Being 210ish and trying to maintain that will hinder his explosion.  I trust many GM's will take that into consideration. 

    I was expecting Murray to weigh in at less than 200. He obviously bulked up. Will he run the 40 at that weight?

    @ballpeen said:

    A lot of people on this board were saying much the same about Baker last year.

    Time will tell if Murray will be good or not.

    But Baker is 3" taller. OK, he's Russell Wilson sized- but he sure doesn't have Wilson's build. 

    Just glad we don't have to worry about drafting him. If we were in the QB market this year, I'd be wanting Dwayne Haskins instead, and it wouldn't even be close.

    @hoorta said:

    I was expecting Murray to weigh in at less than 200. He obviously bulked up. Will he run the 40 at that weight?

    tell me this does not have the sounds of tampering? 1)Klingberry hired 1-8-19.2) Murray commits to ? football 2-11-19.than Bulks for the numbers. 3) Murray announces he will do nothing at combine but measurements & interviews. 4) Zona GM plays the part of a idiot at presser "Rosen is our QB right now?" 5) Rosen deletes all his Zona post on Instagram claiming he was hacked? Edit--Before Wilks was fired at Zona, Patrick Peterson wanted out & Fitzgerald was considering retiring. Now both can't wait to play in Zona..a) they hated playing for Wilks or b) Rosen? Rumors are rolling, Rosen will be traded..  I seriously hope the combine broadcast sticks to the other players..It's been Murray-Mania every 20 mins.