Skip to content

Survey Tuesday 2/5/19

The Browns Board
34 10 670
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #23

    Here are today's  Survey Questions.   Give your answers:

    1. Which stadiums have you been to to see an NFL game, if any?  Current or former

     Alphabetically... Carolina, Cincinnati, Cleveland (old and new), Detroit (Silverdome and Ford), Houston, Indianapolis (old and new), Kansas City, Rams (in St. Louis), Miami, Tampa, Nashville.  11 down, 21 to go on the bucket list... PS, Kansas City is my favorite away stadium. great venue, great Tailgating...  

    You take the cake so far with the most venues.   IF the schedule makers are kind....I maybe could consider doing another road trip to either  Phoenix or San Fran in December this coming year.  (the only open time for me to go really).    Is that something that would interest you...or others?

    2. Which stadiums have you been to to see a Major League baseball game, if any?  Current or former

     Cleveland (old and new), Cincinnati     Don't much care for baseball- sort of boring...  

    But, to be honest, the stadium experience of going to a baseball game is oh so much better than a football game.  Far more relaxing....you don't have the constant barrage of commercials etc. and screaming announcers yelling at you.  As you know, I was not thrilled with the stadium experience at NFL games....but I am willing to put up with the clamor for the sake of the trip that I would take in conjunction with a game...and to go to the tailgates etc.  

    3. Which stadiums/arenas have you been to to see either an NBA or an NHL game, if any?  Current or former

    NBA-  Cleveland- Richfield and Quicken, Indianapolis, NHL- Detroit (Red Wings), Columbus (Blue Jackets)

    4. The Super Bowl commercials for Bud Light seemed to imply that having Corn Syrup in beer is bad.   Do you believe it is bad?  Or not? If so, why? If not, why?

    Somebody wake up Westside Steve to answer this question. 

     From my winemaking POV-  ?? If they're using it as a sweetener? So what? They want you to believe light Kayro syrup is toxic? That's essentially what corn syrup is...  If they're using it as a fermentation product- again so what? Our friendly yeast  Saccharomyces  cerevisiae  that turns sugar into alcohol doesn't much care where the sugar it's fermenting originally came from. Fer instance, top shelf vodkas not only come from corn, but wheat and potatoes. (it can't ferment oddball sugars that I won't bore you the details with though). But corn syrup is pretty edible to those yeasts... Us Ohio winemakers routinely have to dump table sugar into our grape juice to get the alcohol level up...  BTW, if you look at the ingredients in Budweiser, you'll notice rice is involved. (LOL, you ferment pure rice, you wind up with Sake.) You can take any starch (which is simply very long chains of sugar molecules linked together) and enzymatically break it down into it's component sugar. Just my 0.02 🙂  

    Alrighty then.  Nice effort.

    5. Who makes the best fast food hamburgers?

    I'm a junk food junkie- very few that I don't like- Frisch's if you made me choose my top one.  As an aside to Ag, I haven't tried Sonic yet- one of these days. The parking lot of our local Sonic is so routinely empty, I'm sort of shocked they haven't folded up yet.  There's no Jack-in-the Box in Ohio I'm aware of, but the one in Houston was pretty good... There's a reason Red Barn went out of business- their burgers were awful... 

    Hey...I used to work for Red Barn.   And I would wager that if you went back 40 years to when they were around, you would likely find that their burgers were no worse than some of the crap they sell now.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....that is an egocentric, narcissistic, esoteric response that applies to only you, yourself, and you.

    That description fits MarkO perfectly, I'm surprised that you're surprised about that...

    About the survey, I can't answer any of the questions, but I gotta say that apart from a football game, I bet I'd enjoy watching a NHL game live. 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @nero said:

    That description fits MarkO perfectly, I'm surprised that you're surprised about that...

    I"m actually none of those things that Gipper described, at least not in person I'm not.

  • @mark-o said:

    Dodger Stadium (dump)

    I found this interesting. All I've ever heard is how great a ballpark this is and how it's the Taj Mahal of MLB...

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @dutch-oven said:

    I found this interesting. All I've ever heard is how great a ballpark this is and how it's the Taj Mahal of MLB...

    It has spectacular views of the mountains but it was built a long long long long time ago and its crowded in the walkways, crowded in the seats and basically every new ballpark that's been built in the last 25 years is a nicer and more enjoyable experience than going to Dumpster stadium. 

  • @nero said:

    That description fits MarkO perfectly, I'm surprised that you're surprised about that...

    I"m actually none of those things that Gipper described, at least not in person I'm not.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mark-o said:

    I"m actually none of those things that Gipper described, at least not in person I'm not.

    It was a joke... It made me laugh reading "esoteric" in the list, lol! ?

  • Here are today's  Survey Questions.   Give your answers:

    1. Which stadiums have you been to to see an NFL game, if any?  Current or former

    2. Which stadiums have you been to to see a Major League baseball game, if any?  Current or former

    3. Which stadiums/arenas have you been to to see either an NBA or an NHL game, if any?  Current or former

    4. The Super Bowl commercials for Bud Light seemed to imply that having Corn Syrup in beer is bad.   Do you believe it is bad?  Or not? If so, why? If not, why?

    Somebody wake up Westside Steve to answer this question. 

    5. Who makes the best fast food hamburgers?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are today's  Survey Questions.   Give your answers:

    1. Which stadiums have you been to to see an NFL game, if any?  Current or former

    2. Which stadiums have you been to to see a Major League baseball game, if any?  Current or former

    3. Which stadiums/arenas have you been to to see either an NBA or an NHL game, if any?  Current or former

    4. The Super Bowl commercials for Bud Light seemed to imply that having Corn Syrup in beer is bad.   Do you believe it is bad?  Or not? If so, why? If not, why?

    No worse than rice. But just a cheap ass shortcut to making the Brew.

    Somebody wake up Westside Steve to answer this question. 

    5. Who makes the best fast food hamburgers?

  • @mark-o said:

    I"m actually none of those things that Gipper described, at least not in person I'm not.

    It was a joke... It made me laugh reading "esoteric" in the list, lol! ?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @nero said:

    It was a joke... It made me laugh reading "esoteric" in the list, lol! ?

    🙂

  • Here are today's  Survey Questions.   Give your answers:

    1. Which stadiums have you been to to see an NFL game, if any?  Current or former

    2. Which stadiums have you been to to see a Major League baseball game, if any?  Current or former

    3. Which stadiums/arenas have you been to to see either an NBA or an NHL game, if any?  Current or former

    4. The Super Bowl commercials for Bud Light seemed to imply that having Corn Syrup in beer is bad.   Do you believe it is bad?  Or not? If so, why? If not, why?

    Somebody wake up Westside Steve to answer this question. 

    5. Who makes the best fast food hamburgers?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #29

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are today's  Survey Questions.   Give your answers:

    1. Which stadiums have you been to to see an NFL game, if any?  Current or former

    2. Which stadiums have you been to to see a Major League baseball game, if any?  Current or former

    when we lived in Texas dad took me to a Colt 45 is game so they played the Cardinals and Curt Simmons was playing.

    3. Which stadiums/arenas have you been to to see either an NBA or an NHL game, if any?  Current or former

    4. The Super Bowl commercials for Bud Light seemed to imply that having Corn Syrup in beer is bad.   Do you believe it is bad?  Or not? If so, why? If not, why?

    Somebody wake up Westside Steve to answer this question. 

    I thought I'd answered that. Corn syrup is just a cheap ass shortcut for beer making. Like rice.

    5. Who makes the best fast food hamburgers?

  • Here are today's  Survey Questions.   Give your answers:

    1. Which stadiums have you been to to see an NFL game, if any?  Current or former

     Alphabetically... Carolina, Cincinnati, Cleveland (old and new), Detroit (Silverdome and Ford), Houston, Indianapolis (old and new), Kansas City, Rams (in St. Louis), Miami, Tampa, Nashville.  11 down, 21 to go on the bucket list... PS, Kansas City is my favorite away stadium. great venue, great Tailgating...  

    You take the cake so far with the most venues.   IF the schedule makers are kind....I maybe could consider doing another road trip to either  Phoenix or San Fran in December this coming year.  (the only open time for me to go really).    Is that something that would interest you...or others?

    2. Which stadiums have you been to to see a Major League baseball game, if any?  Current or former

     Cleveland (old and new), Cincinnati     Don't much care for baseball- sort of boring...  

    But, to be honest, the stadium experience of going to a baseball game is oh so much better than a football game.  Far more relaxing....you don't have the constant barrage of commercials etc. and screaming announcers yelling at you.  As you know, I was not thrilled with the stadium experience at NFL games....but I am willing to put up with the clamor for the sake of the trip that I would take in conjunction with a game...and to go to the tailgates etc.  

    3. Which stadiums/arenas have you been to to see either an NBA or an NHL game, if any?  Current or former

    NBA-  Cleveland- Richfield and Quicken, Indianapolis, NHL- Detroit (Red Wings), Columbus (Blue Jackets)

    4. The Super Bowl commercials for Bud Light seemed to imply that having Corn Syrup in beer is bad.   Do you believe it is bad?  Or not? If so, why? If not, why?

    Somebody wake up Westside Steve to answer this question. 

     From my winemaking POV-  ?? If they're using it as a sweetener? So what? They want you to believe light Kayro syrup is toxic? That's essentially what corn syrup is...  If they're using it as a fermentation product- again so what? Our friendly yeast  Saccharomyces  cerevisiae  that turns sugar into alcohol doesn't much care where the sugar it's fermenting originally came from. Fer instance, top shelf vodkas not only come from corn, but wheat and potatoes. (it can't ferment oddball sugars that I won't bore you the details with though). But corn syrup is pretty edible to those yeasts... Us Ohio winemakers routinely have to dump table sugar into our grape juice to get the alcohol level up...  BTW, if you look at the ingredients in Budweiser, you'll notice rice is involved. (LOL, you ferment pure rice, you wind up with Sake.) You can take any starch (which is simply very long chains of sugar molecules linked together) and enzymatically break it down into it's component sugar. Just my 0.02 🙂  

    Alrighty then.  Nice effort.

    5. Who makes the best fast food hamburgers?

    I'm a junk food junkie- very few that I don't like- Frisch's if you made me choose my top one.  As an aside to Ag, I haven't tried Sonic yet- one of these days. The parking lot of our local Sonic is so routinely empty, I'm sort of shocked they haven't folded up yet.  There's no Jack-in-the Box in Ohio I'm aware of, but the one in Houston was pretty good... There's a reason Red Barn went out of business- their burgers were awful... 

    Hey...I used to work for Red Barn.   And I would wager that if you went back 40 years to when they were around, you would likely find that their burgers were no worse than some of the crap they sell now.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are today's  Survey Questions.   Give your answers:

    2. Which stadiums have you been to to see a Major League baseball game, if any?  Current or former

     Cleveland (old and new), Cincinnati     Don't much care for baseball- sort of boring...  

    But, to be honest, the stadium experience of going to a baseball game is oh so much better than a football game.  Far more relaxing....you don't have the constant barrage of commercials etc. and screaming announcers yelling at you.  As you know, I was not thrilled with the stadium experience at NFL games....but I am willing to put up with the clamor for the sake of the trip that I would take in conjunction with a game...and to go to the tailgates etc.  

    LOL? A Baseball game? If you want to relax, drink beer and get some sun- I recommend heading out to a beach. A lot cheaper than going to a baseball game, and watching the waves coming in is about as exciting...   

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here are today's  Survey Questions.   Give your answers:

    1. Which stadiums have you been to to see an NFL game, if any?  Current or former

    2. Which stadiums have you been to to see a Major League baseball game, if any?  Current or former

    when we lived in Texas dad took me to a Colt 45 is game so they played the Cardinals and Curt Simmons was playing.

    3. Which stadiums/arenas have you been to to see either an NBA or an NHL game, if any?  Current or former

    4. The Super Bowl commercials for Bud Light seemed to imply that having Corn Syrup in beer is bad.   Do you believe it is bad?  Or not? If so, why? If not, why?

    Somebody wake up Westside Steve to answer this question. 

    I thought I'd answered that. Corn syrup is just a cheap ass shortcut for beer making. Like rice.

    5. Who makes the best fast food hamburgers?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @westside-steve said:

    I thought I'd answered that. Corn syrup is just a cheap ass shortcut for beer making. Like rice.

    Agreed Steve, the more I researched it, the more I feel Bud was making a cute commercial to hoodwink the average Joe Sixpack who doesn't know any better.  Barley, hallertau hops are expensive. That's the reason why the good stuff like Great Lakes (or similar) cost about twice as much as the mega breweries. There's twice as much "stuff" in that bottle...  

    And while I'm at it- craft beermakers are following in the footsteps of California winemakers back in the 70s- "my chardonnay can out chardonnay yours".  "My beer can out hop yours"- to the point the stuff is undrinkable. What's next? Stuff a hop cone in every bottle, like the worm in mexcal?  I'm a not macho man- that those guys trying to drink 500+ IBUs brews are apparently trying to prove.  🙂  

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here are today's  Survey Questions.   Give your answers:

    2. Which stadiums have you been to to see a Major League baseball game, if any?  Current or former

     Cleveland (old and new), Cincinnati     Don't much care for baseball- sort of boring...  

    But, to be honest, the stadium experience of going to a baseball game is oh so much better than a football game.  Far more relaxing....you don't have the constant barrage of commercials etc. and screaming announcers yelling at you.  As you know, I was not thrilled with the stadium experience at NFL games....but I am willing to put up with the clamor for the sake of the trip that I would take in conjunction with a game...and to go to the tailgates etc.  

    LOL? A Baseball game? If you want to relax, drink beer and get some sun- I recommend heading out to a beach. A lot cheaper than going to a baseball game, and watching the waves coming in is about as exciting...   

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @hoorta said:

    LOL? A Baseball game? If you want to relax, drink beer and get some sun- I recommend heading out to a beach. A lot cheaper than going to a baseball game, and watching the waves coming in is about as exciting...   

    I suppose you like ugly women 

  • @hoorta said:

    LOL? A Baseball game? If you want to relax, drink beer and get some sun- I recommend heading out to a beach. A lot cheaper than going to a baseball game, and watching the waves coming in is about as exciting...   

    I suppose you like ugly women 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #33

    @the-gipper said:

    I suppose you like ugly women 

    Boring baseball tops any ugly woman I've ever seen. I'll leave you with my favorite Winston Churchill quote- who could drink with the best of them, and liked cigars so much, a cigar style is named after him... 

    After getting royally smashed- a proper Brit Lady said to him- "why Sir Winston, you're drunk." And his reply- "Why yes mam, I'm drunk. But tomorrow, I'll be sober. But unfortunately, tomorrow you'll still be ugly."...  And Baseball will still be BORING...  unlike the sport of the 21st century SOCCER....  

  • @the-gipper said:

    I suppose you like ugly women 

    Boring baseball tops any ugly woman I've ever seen. I'll leave you with my favorite Winston Churchill quote- who could drink with the best of them, and liked cigars so much, a cigar style is named after him... 

    After getting royally smashed- a proper Brit Lady said to him- "why Sir Winston, you're drunk." And his reply- "Why yes mam, I'm drunk. But tomorrow, I'll be sober. But unfortunately, tomorrow you'll still be ugly."...  And Baseball will still be BORING...  unlike the sport of the 21st century SOCCER....  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #34

    @hoorta said:

    Boring baseball tops any ugly woman I've ever seen. I'll leave you with my favorite Winston Churchill quote- who could drink with the best of them, and liked cigars so much, a cigar style is named after him... 

    After getting royally smashed- a proper Brit Lady said to him- "why Sir Winston, you're drunk." And his reply- "Why yes mam, I'm drunk. But tomorrow, I'll be sober. But unfortunately, tomorrow you'll still be ugly."...  And Baseball will still be BORING...  unlike the sport of the 21st century SOCCER....  

    Unlike you man soccer will still be gay....as well as boring