Skip to content

OBJ is a BROWN!!!!!

The Browns Board
288 63 12.0k 2
  • @frenchie said:

    In Dorsey I trust but if I were the GM, I don’t make this trade. Perriman just agreed to terms and he could have been just as productive at 1/4 of the price and the ego. Package 17 and a few picks to move up and get an ILB. Keep Peppers. 

    I wanted to get Devin White.. But that aint happening now..

    @nickers said:

    I wanted to get Devin White.. But that aint happening now..

    I wanted him too, but I just want to see how many more rabbits Dorsey can pull out of his magic hat!!! Don't rule ANYTHING out!

    Mike

  • A little over 14 months ago the Browns completed an 0-16 season. 

    John Dorsey ain't fucking around. 

  • Goodbye Rod Streater.....OBJ may want that number 13!!

    Mike

  • God if you want to laugh a bit go on over and visit the Giants Reddit, its going through a nuclear holocaust. 

    @jcam222 said:

    God if you want to laugh a bit go on over and visit the Giants Reddit, its going through a nuclear holocaust. 

    I can't remember anything like this.Browns fans now have targets on them ?.lmao..personally, I can't wait to watch the Mike Florio's,Rodney Harrison's & Rod Woodson's of the world, squirm like a worm talking Browns....Steve Smith sounds like he wants to hide under a rock..Wear that Browns garb with pride fellas & Enjoy this Ride..far well deserved..

  • @hoorta said:

    Regarding Perriman, it remains to be seen if his one season in Cleveland cured his dropitis, the reason the Ravens parted ways with him.  

    One thing that's not debatable is Beckham has some of the best hands in the NFL. 

    Baltimore was history. What about Perriman did you not love last year? Speed, height, caught everything thrown to him. He was a monster.

    @frenchie said:

    What about Perriman did you not love last year? Speed, height, caught everything thrown to him. He was a monster.

    He rounds off his routes.  Not a crisp route runner at all.

  • @frenchie said:

    What about Perriman did you not love last year? Speed, height, caught everything thrown to him. He was a monster.

    He rounds off his routes.  Not a crisp route runner at all.

    @orion said:

    He rounds off his routes.  Not a crisp route runner at all.

    Maybe so but he got open and made outstanding play after play. Listen, I’m a Browns fan and I love Dorsey and everything he’s done to date. So if he’s happy with this move, so am I. However, IMHO, we didn’t need OBJ. Mayfield had plenty of targets in Jarvis, Calloway, Perriman, Higgins on reasonable contracts and team oriented mentalities. The more pressing need was defense. We have the D-line now but need to improve the other position groups - especially linebackers. I guess we will see in 8 months if this was the right move. Dorsey has proved me wrong two or three times already!

  • @orion said:

    He rounds off his routes.  Not a crisp route runner at all.

    Maybe so but he got open and made outstanding play after play. Listen, I’m a Browns fan and I love Dorsey and everything he’s done to date. So if he’s happy with this move, so am I. However, IMHO, we didn’t need OBJ. Mayfield had plenty of targets in Jarvis, Calloway, Perriman, Higgins on reasonable contracts and team oriented mentalities. The more pressing need was defense. We have the D-line now but need to improve the other position groups - especially linebackers. I guess we will see in 8 months if this was the right move. Dorsey has proved me wrong two or three times already!

    @frenchie said:

    Maybe so but he got open and made outstanding play after play. Listen, I’m a Browns fan and I love Dorsey and everything he’s done to date. So if he’s happy with this move, so am I. However, IMHO, we didn’t need OBJ. Mayfield had plenty of targets in Jarvis, Calloway, Perriman, Higgins on reasonable contracts and team oriented mentalities. The more pressing need was defense. We have the D-line now but need to improve the other position groups - especially linebackers. I guess we will see in 8 months if this was the right move. Dorsey has proved me wrong two or three times already!

    Frenchie I am with you...  We waited nearly 20 years with the new Browns to get here. I was OK making some strides into the upcoming year with the base team we had last year..

    Here are my fears.. If we start gutting what made the team special last year by getting rid of core people like Peppers and Fells and Zeitler and likely Johnson(the next shoe to drop) we are going to lose the total buy in we got from our team last year.. I can only hope that all these big egos and big names(AND BIG PAYCHECKS) doesn't turn us into gun for hire team. We did so well last year with a bunch of nobodies and rookies..

    I fear we are also eating our seed corn for a fast climb up the ladder.. But I will be bitterly disappointed if we do really well next year(unless we actually win the SB) only to find the next season we have to start over again because all these big names want us to show them the money...

    For now I will bask in the glory that we suddenly find ourselves in...  No games have been played in 2019, so the sky is the limit.. I will trust Dorsey. And I will trust the process.

    But HOW we get to the top to me is very important.. I don't want a team filled with big egos and guns for hire.

    BobPound! 

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Great. Another loud mouth know it all player. Him and Baker are perfect for each other I guess. What is Dorsey doing?

    Fall down a well, shithead.

  • Trade has been revised ..... as part of the deal we swap back the 4th and 5th round picks we exchanged in the Vewrnon trade ....so now we have 155 again

  • Saw some potential fallout on another board what this might mean- at least from the Giants perspective.... If Kingsbury really is going to shop Rosen & take Murray,  the #17 the G-Men got from the Browns would be plenty enough to get that deal done... 

    @hoorta said:

    Saw some potential fallout on another board what this might mean- at least from the Giants perspective.... If Kingsbury really is going to shop Rosen & take Murray,  the #17 the G-Men got from the Browns would be plenty enough to get that deal done... 

    So they traded OBJ for potentially Rosen and Peppers?

    And then you wait ten years trying to find Rosen the next OBJ...

    Zombo

  • @hoorta said:

    Saw some potential fallout on another board what this might mean- at least from the Giants perspective.... If Kingsbury really is going to shop Rosen & take Murray,  the #17 the G-Men got from the Browns would be plenty enough to get that deal done... 

    So they traded OBJ for potentially Rosen and Peppers?

    And then you wait ten years trying to find Rosen the next OBJ...

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    So they traded OBJ for potentially Rosen and Peppers?

    And then you wait ten years trying to find Rosen the next OBJ...

    Zombo

    You're generally don't need an elite WR to win a SB. But having a great QB is much more important. (Whether or not Rosen is great remains to be seen)

  • In every game of poker, if you dont know who the sucker is within 2 minutes of sitting down... it's you.

    Dorsey correctly identified one of the worst GM's in the league and is taking advantage.

  • Wow... Well there goes Devin White... and yet another non-Dorsey pick gets the gate...

    Well, I guess our brain-trust's take is that our locker room is ready for a prima donna. I have my doubts. Personally I do not see the vet leadership well enough established, but we shall see.

    I put the O/U on BM/OBJ 2019 sideline clashes at 4.5... and I think I'll take the over...

  • One thing that disturbs me about OBJ... He looks slower than a turtle.. He has shifty feet and great hands.. But a burner he is not!

  • One thing that disturbs me about OBJ... He looks slower than a turtle.. He has shifty feet and great hands.. But a burner he is not!

    @nickers said:

    One thing that disturbs me about OBJ... He looks slower than a turtle.. He has shifty feet and great hands.. But a burner he is not!

    Ran a 4.43 back at the combine.. I wouldn't say that is slow..

  • Prolly has lost a step due to injuryies, but agree that he's still plenty fast enough... especially given his catch radius.

    Plus we have speed in other WRs still on the roster to threaten deep opening crosses for OBJ.

    I think with an accurate QB and OBJ we are going to see a lot of back shoulder completions

  • Wow... Well there goes Devin White... and yet another non-Dorsey pick gets the gate...

    Well, I guess our brain-trust's take is that our locker room is ready for a prima donna. I have my doubts. Personally I do not see the vet leadership well enough established, but we shall see.

    I put the O/U on BM/OBJ 2019 sideline clashes at 4.5... and I think I'll take the over...

    @tour2ma said:

    Wow... Well there goes Devin White... and yet another non-Dorsey pick gets the gate...

    Well, I guess our brain-trust's take is that our locker room is ready for a prima donna. I have my doubts. Personally I do not see the vet leadership well enough established, but we shall see.

    I put the O/U on BM/OBJ 2019 sideline clashes at 4.5... and I think I'll take the over...

    Somewhat similar to my sentiments but I think the difference in mentality between Eli and Baker might be the real difference.    I don't think our QB will take any shit and isn't afraid to say as much.  

    I'm cautiously optimistic. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Wow... Well there goes Devin White... and yet another non-Dorsey pick gets the gate...

    Well, I guess our brain-trust's take is that our locker room is ready for a prima donna. I have my doubts. Personally I do not see the vet leadership well enough established, but we shall see.

    I put the O/U on BM/OBJ 2019 sideline clashes at 4.5... and I think I'll take the over...

    Somewhat similar to my sentiments but I think the difference in mentality between Eli and Baker might be the real difference.    I don't think our QB will take any shit and isn't afraid to say as much.  

    I'm cautiously optimistic. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Somewhat similar to my sentiments but I think the difference in mentality between Eli and Baker might be the real difference.    I don't think our QB will take any shit and isn't afraid to say as much.  

    I'm cautiously optimistic. 

    Not the 1st time we've been of like mind...

    Agree that Baker won't shy from a sideline confrontation and while not "optimistic", I agree that it could work out as it seems/seemed to have for other teams. Just need to keep it face-to-face and not let any "stuff" be communicated via the press.

  • @nickers said:

    One thing that disturbs me about OBJ... He looks slower than a turtle.. He has shifty feet and great hands.. But a burner he is not!

    Ran a 4.43 back at the combine.. I wouldn't say that is slow..

    @domcucch1994 said:

    Ran a 4.43 back at the combine.. I wouldn't say that is slow..

    That was 4 years ago.. He has sustained injuries and lost a step...

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    Ran a 4.43 back at the combine.. I wouldn't say that is slow..

    That was 4 years ago.. He has sustained injuries and lost a step...

    @nickers said:

    That was 4 years ago.. He has sustained injuries and lost a step...

    He will recover homie.. 

    OBJ is a Brown! I came like 5 times yesterday to this!

    FAP FAP FAP!

    * Now we need a S...*