Skip to content

Bye gronk!!

The Browns Board
41 20 1.4k
  • I cant wait to see what this dude does outside football. He would be a hilarious pre game guy. 

    @jrb12711 said:

    I cant wait to see what this dude does outside football. He would be a hilarious pre game guy. 

    I could see him becoming the new Terry Bradshaw. 

  • Great player... hard worker (work hard play hard).

    In addition to his physical gifts and receiving prowess, he was one of the best blocking TEs I've ever seen...

  • Great player... hard worker (work hard play hard).

    In addition to his physical gifts and receiving prowess, he was one of the best blocking TEs I've ever seen...

    @tour2ma said:

    Great player... hard worker (work hard play hard).

    In addition to his physical gifts and receiving prowess, he was one of the best blocking TEs I've ever seen...

    One of the best all time TEs he won a lot of games just on his grit and detrrmination.

    Tom Brady and the Pats nation will miss him.....big time.

  • Gronk when healthy was to the Pats what the ageless one has been for the Chargers, the go to guy when the chips are down. I'd like to see Gates just one more season.

  • Bye bye Gronk

    No more passes from Brady

    Time to retire

    and party like slim shady

    Don't pull a hammy

    on the dance floor

    don't catch the herps

    from the village whore

    your back be sore

    from getting hit by those backers

    balling like Shannon Sharpe

    white as a saltine cracker

    Gronk gettin' paid

    Gronk gettin' laid

    Robert Kraft is callin'

    so is Arnold with his maid

    better hurry up

    and leave big Tom behind

    he likes his tight ends

    but you're one of a kind.

    MIC DROP!

  • @nero said:

    You can dislike him because he was a Patriot, but not because he was either a douche or a bad player. 

    I have enjoyed a lot watching him play. Few times you can see someone being at the same time so big and so fast, he made DCs dream with him, thinking who would they assign him or how would they stop him... Some of the plays he has made are outright amazing. 

    He was a lot of fun and I hope his body is not too beaten up so he can enjoy the rest of his life keeping that smile and cheer of his.

    I don't dislike him at all.....not even because he is a Patriot!!     I a just tired of the Patriots. I give them one more year with Brady and then they can go back to being one of the really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000.

  • Brady had serious trouble without Gronk in the line-up. So, I expect they will try to replace him fast.

    But apparently, they want Jared Cook but he wants to sign with the Saints. Stay tuned?

    Interesting:

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/03/25/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-nfl-draft-tight-end/3263848002/

  • Brady had serious trouble without Gronk in the line-up. So, I expect they will try to replace him fast.

    But apparently, they want Jared Cook but he wants to sign with the Saints. Stay tuned?

    Interesting:

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/03/25/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-nfl-draft-tight-end/3263848002/

    @calfoxwc said:

    Brady had serious trouble without Gronk in the line-up. So, I expect they will try to replace him fast.

    But apparently, they want Jared Cook but he wants to sign with the Saints. Stay tuned?

    Interesting:

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/03/25/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-nfl-draft-tight-end/3263848002/

    Although, they won the Super Bowl vs. ATL  without Gronk playing at all.

  • Gronk’s agent doesn’t rule out Gronk returning in 2019 despite retiring 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Brady had serious trouble without Gronk in the line-up. So, I expect they will try to replace him fast.

    But apparently, they want Jared Cook but he wants to sign with the Saints. Stay tuned?

    Interesting:

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/03/25/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-nfl-draft-tight-end/3263848002/

    Although, they won the Super Bowl vs. ATL  without Gronk playing at all.

    @the-gipper said:

    Although, they won the Super Bowl vs. ATL  without Gronk playing at all.

    it happens. He wasn't their only weapon, but Gronk has saved Tom Brady from losing so many times....they wouldn't have gotten there without him, I think. He caught 69 passes for 1,084 yards for them in 2017.

                   
                     
  • Gronk when healthy was to the Pats what the ageless one has been for the Chargers, the go to guy when the chips are down. I'd like to see Gates just one more season.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Gronk when healthy was to the Pats what the ageless one has been for the Chargers, the go to guy when the chips are down. I'd like to see Gates just one more season.

    I had Gates for years on my FL teams he was a WR at TE along with a few others. A great TE who can block and catch is a real asset.

    There are only maybe 3 or 4 in any given year that can rack up FL points......or win games!

  • Gronk's peak was probably better than any TE ever. Just a beast. Great blocker as well.

  • Gronk's peak was probably better than any TE ever. Just a beast. Great blocker as well.

    @secondwave said:

    Gronk's peak was probably better than any TE ever. Just a beast. Great blocker as well.

    It helped him a lot that he may have had the GOAT throwing the ball to him. Not that he would not have been great otherwise.  But let's face it.....if he had Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer, John P. Football, Brandon Weeden...and some of the other bunch we had at trigger....he may not have made as big of an impact.

  • @nero said:

    You can dislike him because he was a Patriot, but not because he was either a douche or a bad player. 

    I have enjoyed a lot watching him play. Few times you can see someone being at the same time so big and so fast, he made DCs dream with him, thinking who would they assign him or how would they stop him... Some of the plays he has made are outright amazing. 

    He was a lot of fun and I hope his body is not too beaten up so he can enjoy the rest of his life keeping that smile and cheer of his.

    I don't dislike him at all.....not even because he is a Patriot!!     I a just tired of the Patriots. I give them one more year with Brady and then they can go back to being one of the really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000.

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't dislike him at all.....not even because he is a Patriot!!     I a just tired of the Patriots. I give them one more year with Brady and then they can go back to being one of the really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000.

    "One of those really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000."

    This certainly doesn't look good from a fellow Browns fan. In those terrible years, they made 2 more Super Bowl appearances than the Browns.

  • If he was a great Brown I would give a fuck. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't dislike him at all.....not even because he is a Patriot!!     I a just tired of the Patriots. I give them one more year with Brady and then they can go back to being one of the really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000.

    "One of those really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000."

    This certainly doesn't look good from a fellow Browns fan. In those terrible years, they made 2 more Super Bowl appearances than the Browns.

    @gunz41 said:

    "One of those really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000."

    This certainly doesn't look good from a fellow Browns fan. In those terrible years, they made 2 more Super Bowl appearances than the Browns.

    They were still one of the worst teams in football during that period far worse than the Browns lots of teams were worse than the browns and made a Super bowl

  • @tour2ma said:

    Great player... hard worker (work hard play hard).

    In addition to his physical gifts and receiving prowess, he was one of the best blocking TEs I've ever seen...

    One of the best all time TEs he won a lot of games just on his grit and detrrmination.

    Tom Brady and the Pats nation will miss him.....big time.

    @mjp28 said:

    One of the best all time TEs he won a lot of games just on his grit and detrrmination.

    Tom Brady and the Pats nation will miss him.....big time.

    Agree...

    And reflect for a second on what could have been had the Pats developed their Gronk-Aaron Hernandez, 2-TE set.

    We saw one year of this... and it was impressive to say the least.

  • @gunz41 said:

    "One of those really bad teams in football, the way they were from 1960-2000."

    This certainly doesn't look good from a fellow Browns fan. In those terrible years, they made 2 more Super Bowl appearances than the Browns.

    They were still one of the worst teams in football during that period far worse than the Browns lots of teams were worse than the browns and made a Super bowl

    @the-gipper said:

    They were still one of the worst teams in football during that period far worse than the Browns lots of teams were worse than the browns and made a Super bowl

    I know what you were trying to say. But even when they were a good team, the Browns couldn't reach the height of the bad Patriots. 

    Just doesn't make sense to me to call them so bad when they obtained something like that. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    They were still one of the worst teams in football during that period far worse than the Browns lots of teams were worse than the browns and made a Super bowl

    I know what you were trying to say. But even when they were a good team, the Browns couldn't reach the height of the bad Patriots. 

    Just doesn't make sense to me to call them so bad when they obtained something like that. 

    @gunz41 said:

    I know what you were trying to say. But even when they were a good team, the Browns couldn't reach the height of the bad Patriots. 

    Just doesn't make sense to me to call them so bad when they obtained something like that. 

    Well, maybe they started to become good when Parcells took over....but I don't think I want to give much credit to a team coached by Ron Meyer and QBed by Tony Eason.  I mean, a number of franchises have had a bit of luck to fall into one Super Bowl.  Chargers, Titans, Cards, some others

    But 5 times the Browns have lost the game leading into the Super Bowl.  That has not happened to any other team.

  • Great player... hard worker (work hard play hard).

    In addition to his physical gifts and receiving prowess, he was one of the best blocking TEs I've ever seen...

    @tour2ma said:

    Great player... hard worker (work hard play hard).

    In addition to his physical gifts and receiving prowess, he was one of the best blocking TEs I've ever seen...

    Can make the case for Shannon Sharpe as best blocking TE

    Or Gonzalez

    He's talked about as a good blocker, but NE was only 5th this year in rushing and have never led the league.