Skip to content

How Do You Stop Myles Garrett? - Joe Thomas’ Film Room

The Browns Board
10 6 527
  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Not a lot of film in that filmroom, but good stuff.

    I kept picturing the slimmed-down Joe T opposite Myles... not as in LT vs. RDE, but as LDE. Joe looks 4-3 DE size now

  • Not a lot of film in that filmroom, but good stuff.

    I kept picturing the slimmed-down Joe T opposite Myles... not as in LT vs. RDE, but as LDE. Joe looks 4-3 DE size now

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @tour2ma said:

    Not a lot of film in that filmroom, but good stuff.

    Exactly my thoughts. If they dont watch film WHILE they talk, why couldn't they add videos of Myles or the people they are talking about in the edition? 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    As the Browns future HOF LT, I would not want JT breaking down MG's film..That's up to the other critics & coaches to figure out MG on tape..I've hardly, missed anything JT has done since he has left as a player. And he certainly has done nothing wrong towards his former team nor players thru the media..that's #73..the segment named 'JT's film room', may get more clicks? but they all consist of JT mainly talking ball of past former match-ups..Now past opponents, such as Dwight Freeney/Harrison you will see more actual film..Joe's a class act & i hope he & his family decides to stay in the Land.. just saw a tweet earlier, that Phil Taylor still lives in cleveland..

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    JT has lost some serious weight.  

  • JT has lost some serious weight.  

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @tiamat63 said:

    JT has lost some serious weight.  

    Last I saw it was in the 75 lb range, but that was in early February.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    JT has lost some serious weight.  

    Last I saw it was in the 75 lb range, but that was in early February.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @canton-dawg said:

    Last I saw it was in the 75 lb range, but that was in early February.

    am no doctor, but that should reduce knee & back pain...if Bob Wylie taught JT how to fly? Top Gun may have a return😉

  • JT has lost some serious weight.  

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @tiamat63 said:

    JT has lost some serious weight.  

    It was brought up before. Normal human beings weren't meant to weigh 300+ pounds, that can't be healthy.  Thomas had to almost force feed himself to maintain weight.  I've met Doug Dieken a couple times, and you'd never guess he used to be a NFL OT, with all the weight he lost once he stopped playing...  Here's an article from NFL.com....  

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023164/article/how-did-joe-thomas-drop-all-that-playing-weight

    PS- I talked about this once with my family Doctor, and we both got a laugh out of it. If you went by those BMI (body mass index) charts they use for us normal folks, every offensive lineman in the NFL would be considered morbidly obese. And as Doc Warren pointed out- the worst example of why BMI is BS for pro athletes is professional body builders, who probably have less than 3% body fat when they're competing. 5'6" 230 pounds of all muscle. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    JT has lost some serious weight.  

    It was brought up before. Normal human beings weren't meant to weigh 300+ pounds, that can't be healthy.  Thomas had to almost force feed himself to maintain weight.  I've met Doug Dieken a couple times, and you'd never guess he used to be a NFL OT, with all the weight he lost once he stopped playing...  Here's an article from NFL.com....  

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023164/article/how-did-joe-thomas-drop-all-that-playing-weight

    PS- I talked about this once with my family Doctor, and we both got a laugh out of it. If you went by those BMI (body mass index) charts they use for us normal folks, every offensive lineman in the NFL would be considered morbidly obese. And as Doc Warren pointed out- the worst example of why BMI is BS for pro athletes is professional body builders, who probably have less than 3% body fat when they're competing. 5'6" 230 pounds of all muscle. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @hoorta said:

    It was brought up before. Normal human beings weren't meant to weigh 300+ pounds, that can't be healthy.  Thomas had to almost force feed himself to maintain weight.  I've met Doug Dieken a couple times, and you'd never guess he used to be a NFL OT, with all the weight he lost once he stopped playing...  Here's an article from NFL.com....  

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023164/article/how-did-joe-thomas-drop-all-that-playing-weight

    PS- I talked about this once with my family Doctor, and we both got a laugh out of it. If you went by those BMI (body mass index) charts they use for us normal folks, every offensive lineman in the NFL would be considered morbidly obese. And as Doc Warren pointed out- the worst example of why BMI is BS for pro athletes is professional body builders, who probably have less than 3% body fat when they're competing. 5'6" 230 pounds of all muscle. 

    BMI is a trash metric.  I'm 5'11 190lb and considered fringe for being slightly over weight.  And keep in mind im not 8% body fat like I used to be,  but I'm no slouch either.     It's just far to generalized a system to be effectively individually applied.  

  • @hoorta said:

    It was brought up before. Normal human beings weren't meant to weigh 300+ pounds, that can't be healthy.  Thomas had to almost force feed himself to maintain weight.  I've met Doug Dieken a couple times, and you'd never guess he used to be a NFL OT, with all the weight he lost once he stopped playing...  Here's an article from NFL.com....  

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023164/article/how-did-joe-thomas-drop-all-that-playing-weight

    PS- I talked about this once with my family Doctor, and we both got a laugh out of it. If you went by those BMI (body mass index) charts they use for us normal folks, every offensive lineman in the NFL would be considered morbidly obese. And as Doc Warren pointed out- the worst example of why BMI is BS for pro athletes is professional body builders, who probably have less than 3% body fat when they're competing. 5'6" 230 pounds of all muscle. 

    BMI is a trash metric.  I'm 5'11 190lb and considered fringe for being slightly over weight.  And keep in mind im not 8% body fat like I used to be,  but I'm no slouch either.     It's just far to generalized a system to be effectively individually applied.  

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #10

    @tiamat63 said:

    BMI is a trash metric.  I'm 5'11 190lb and considered fringe for being slightly over weight.  And keep in mind im not 8% body fat like I used to be,  but I'm no slouch either.     It's just far to generalized a system to be effectively individually applied.  

    Agreed that BMI is awful, but 8% body fat? Damn it man. If I ever get close to 10% I'll be really glad. 1,75m 78kg here (the slimmest I've been in 4-5 years). 5' 9" 173lb in gibberish, I guess. 

    EDIT: In some charts I'm 1,77m, so I'm not sure about my height.