Stay at #49 or trade down
-
I understood your point. But it makes no sense when combined with your other statement. How is a "dime a dozen, worth a 7th rounder" become a 3rd round pick sweetener to move to 2nd?
You don't have to assign someone a value to see how that makes no sense. Nobody would be good with trading a 2nd round pick for a 3rd and 7th. Let's just use an example here for context. Are you cool with the Browns trading pick 49 for pick 65 and 248 (Arizona 3rd and 7th)? Or let's use this, you good with pick 49 for pick 65 and 174 (the top picks in 3rd and 6th).
People can have their own opinions on someone's value, and those can differ. If someone had the opinion that Duke had a 3rd round value, then they could make a case for a move up like that. But when you offer up an opinion that someone has very little value, you can't turn around and say he has good value to fit a narrative
No, you don't understand my point. I said Duke could be the sweetener. I don't sit around with a draft value chart when I type. I never though that Duke and a 3rd rounder would get us in to the 2nd round. I said Duke could sweeten the deal...I assumed most would understand it would probably take another pick, especially since I said he is a dime a dozen player..
I also wasn't the one who said he was worth a 7th round flip. I think he has more value than that, especially as the guy to tip the scale in our favor towards a trade. Read the words man.
Look, I like Duke and wanted to keep him until he started asking for a trade.....and really, I still like him. To me he like a Theo Reddick....a decent player, but not somebody you can't easily replace.
No, you don't understand my point. I said Duke could be the sweetener. I don't sit around with a draft value chart when I type. I never though that Duke and a 3rd rounder would get us in to the 2nd round. I said Duke could sweeten the deal...I assumed most would understand it would probably take another pick, especially since I said he is a dime a dozen player..
I also wasn't the one who said he was worth a 7th round flip. I think he has more value than that, especially as the guy to tip the scale in our favor towards a trade. Read the words man.
Look, I like Duke and wanted to keep him until he started asking for a trade.....and really, I still like him. To me he like a Theo Reddick....a decent player, but not somebody you can't easily replace.
Well that isn't how it reads. You said "maybe package our 3rd and Duke to get back into Round 2"
And you may not have been the one to say swap 7th, but you said that says it right.
I don't know what your point is about the value chart, but if you were referring to me using those Cardinals picks, you don't need a chart in front of you. I didn't have one. Its simple, would YOU be happy if the Browns traded the 47th pick for a 3rd and 6th or 7th? Duke has no value on a chart, as that value is what someone is willing to give up
-
Buzz off kid, and at my age most everybody is a kid so don't take that as a big insult. I was a teenager in 1964 , just driving a car when we last won a championship. If you are a contemporary , I'll call you Gramps rather than kid. I can't help it you don't get it. In your example, I might, it just depends on if the sweetener was something I needed. I think Dukes value is in a package deal.
-
Yea...well....you went to the same high school as Chuck Noll......nuff said there. (and I was born in the same town as Bo Schembechler....so nuff said there also)
LOL, but did you go to the same high school as Bo is the question? Just being born in a town, in my case Cleveland- covers a lot of celebrities, sports and otherwise.
Chuck may be our most famous alum, but those who follow golf have heard of Tom Weiskopf. #2 famous alum. Tom drove the green and aced a par 4 when he was on the golf team.
The currently unemployed Najee Goode (formerly of the Eagles) is another of our guys that made it to the NFL.
PS, not only did I go to the same HS as Noll, I followed him down the road here to the University of Dayton. BTW, Jon Gruden is also a UD grad.
LOL, but did you go to the same high school as Bo is the question? Just being born in a town, in my case Cleveland- covers a lot of celebrities, sports and otherwise.
Chuck may be our most famous alum, but those who follow golf have heard of Tom Weiskopf. #2 famous alum. Tom drove the green and aced a par 4 when he was on the golf team.
The currently unemployed Najee Goode (formerly of the Eagles) is another of our guys that made it to the NFL.
PS, not only did I go to the same HS as Noll, I followed him down the road here to the University of Dayton. BTW, Jon Gruden is also a UD grad.
No, he went to Barberton, I went to Norton, right next door. My HS doesn't really have any famous alum....unless you consider a Playboy Playmate as famous:
Sandra Hubby:

Beat that with that All Boys school you went to.
-
I understood your point. But it makes no sense when combined with your other statement. How is a "dime a dozen, worth a 7th rounder" become a 3rd round pick sweetener to move to 2nd?
You don't have to assign someone a value to see how that makes no sense. Nobody would be good with trading a 2nd round pick for a 3rd and 7th. Let's just use an example here for context. Are you cool with the Browns trading pick 49 for pick 65 and 248 (Arizona 3rd and 7th)? Or let's use this, you good with pick 49 for pick 65 and 174 (the top picks in 3rd and 6th).
People can have their own opinions on someone's value, and those can differ. If someone had the opinion that Duke had a 3rd round value, then they could make a case for a move up like that. But when you offer up an opinion that someone has very little value, you can't turn around and say he has good value to fit a narrative
No, you don't understand my point. I said Duke could be the sweetener. I don't sit around with a draft value chart when I type. I never though that Duke and a 3rd rounder would get us in to the 2nd round. I said Duke could sweeten the deal...I assumed most would understand it would probably take another pick, especially since I said he is a dime a dozen player..
I also wasn't the one who said he was worth a 7th round flip. I think he has more value than that, especially as the guy to tip the scale in our favor towards a trade. Read the words man.
Look, I like Duke and wanted to keep him until he started asking for a trade.....and really, I still like him. To me he like a Theo Reddick....a decent player, but not somebody you can't easily replace.
I also wasn't the one who said he was worth a 7th round flip. I think he has more value than that,
That was me...kinda'. I was asking what Duke's value was. And I guess I'm still asking. What is Duke's trade value? I don't know of a Trade Value Chart for players.
...answering my own ? - Duke's value is intangible as it would be different for different teams.
-
Buzz off kid, and at my age most everybody is a kid so don't take that as a big insult. I was a teenager in 1964 , just driving a car when we last won a championship. If you are a contemporary , I'll call you Gramps rather than kid. I can't help it you don't get it. In your example, I might, it just depends on if the sweetener was something I needed. I think Dukes value is in a package deal.
Buzz off kid, and at my age most everybody is a kid so don't take that as a big insult. I was a teenager in 1964 , just driving a car when we last won a championship. If you are a contemporary , I'll call you Gramps rather than kid. I can't help it you don't get it. In your example, I might, it just depends on if the sweetener was something I needed. I think Dukes value is in a package deal.
What your value for him is really isn't important, neither is mine. The point is, whether it was your intention or not (which it seems like it wasn't), your post read as the Browns 3rd round pick and Duke to move up to 2nd round. You don't seem to see that, but you know what you were trying to convey.
From someone else's POV, it looks like you meant Duke and 3rd to move up. There is no mention or insinuation of anything else.
-
RD1 RD2 RD3 RD4 RD5 RD6 RD7 PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL 1 ARI 3000 33 ARI 580 65 ARI 265 103 ARI 88 139 ARI 36 174 ARI 21.4 215 TB 5 2 SF 2600 34 IND 560 66 PIT 260 104 SF 86 140 OAK 35.5 175 PIT 21 216 KC 4.6 3 NYJ 2200 35 OAK 550 67 SF 255 105 NYJ 84 141 PIT 35 176 SF 20.6 217 NYJ 4.2 4 OAK 1800 36 SF 540 68 NYJ 250 106 OAK 82 142 NYG 34.5 177 NO 20.2 218 OAK 3.8 5 TB 1700 37 NYG 530 69 JAX 245 107 TB 80 143 NYG 34 178 JAX 19.8 219 PIT 3.4 6 NYG 1600 38 JAX 520 70 TB 240 108 NYG 78 144 CLE 33.5 179 ARI 19.4 220 HOU 3 7 JAX 1500 39 TB 510 71 DEN 235 109 JAX 76 145 TB 33 180 NYG 19 221 CLE 2.6 8 DET 1400 40 BUF 500 72 CIN 230 110 CIN 74 146 DET 32.6 181 BUF 18.6 222 CHI 2.3 9 BUF 1350 41 DEN 490 73 NE 225 111 DET 72 147 BUF 32.2 182 DEN 18.2 223 CIN 2 10 DEN 1300 42 CIN 480 74 BUF 220 112 BUF 70 148 DEN 31.8 183 CIN 17.8 224 DET 1.7 11 CIN 1250 43 DET 470 75 GB 215 113 BAL 68 149 CIN 31.4 184 DET 17.4 225 BUF 1.4 12 GB 1200 44 GB 460 76 WAS 210 114 GB 66 150 GB 31 185 GB 17 226 GB 1.1 13 MIA 1150 45 ATL 450 77 CAR 205 115 CAR 64 151 MIA 30.6 186 ATL 16.6 227 WAS 1 14 ATL 1100 46 WAS 440 78 MIA 200 116 MIA 62 152 ATL 30.2 187 CAR 16.2 228 BUF 1 15 WAS 1050 47 CAR 430 79 ATL 195 117 ATL 60 153 WAS 29.8 188 TEN 15.8 229 DET 1 16 CAR 1000 48 MIA 420 80 CLE 190 118 GB 58 154 CAR 29.4 189 CLE 15.4 230 ATL 1 17 NYG 950 49 CLE 410 81 MIN 185 119 CLE 56 155 CLE 29 190 MIN 15 231 NO 1 18 MIN 900 50 MIN 400 82 TEN 180 120 MIN 54 156 DEN 28.6 191 BAL 14.6 232 NYG 1 19 TEN 875 51 TEN 390 83 PIT 175 121 TEN 52 157 TEN 28.2 192 PIT 14.2 233 MIA 1 20 PIT 850 52 PIT 380 84 KC 170 122 PIT 50 158 BUF 27.8 193 BAL 13.8 234 MIA 1 21 SEA 800 53 PHI 370 85 BAL 165 123 BAL 49 159 SEA 27.4 194 GB 13.4 235 OAK 1 22 BAL 780 54 HOU 360 86 HOU 160 124 SEA 48 160 BAL 27 195 HOU 13 236 JAX 1 23 HOU 760 55 HOU 350 87 CHI 155 125 DEN 47 161 HOU 26.6 196 NYJ 12.6 237 DEN 1 24 OAK 740 56 NE 340 88 DET 150 126 CHI 46 162 CHI 26.2 197 PHI 12.2 238 CHI 1 25 PHI 720 57 PHI 330 89 IND 145 127 PHI 45 163 PHI 25.8 198 CIN 11.8 239 NE 1 26 IND 700 58 DAL 320 90 DAL 140 128 DAL 44 164 IND 25.4 199 IND 11.4 240 IND 1 27 OAK 680 59 IND 310 91 LAC 136 129 IND 43 165 DAL 25 200 LAC 11 241 DAL 1 28 LAC 660 60 LAC 300 92 SEA 132 130 LAC 42 166 LAC 24.6 201 KC 10.6 242 LAC 1 29 SEA 640 61 KC 292 93 NYJ 128 131 BUF 41 167 KC 24.2 202 NO 10.2 243 NE 1 30 GB 620 62 NO 284 94 LAR 124 132 NYG 40 168 NO 23.8 203 LAR 9.8 244 NO 1 31 LAR 600 63 KC 276 95 NYG 120 133 LAR 39 169 LAR 23.4 204 DET 9.4 245 NYG 1 32 NE 590 64 NE 270 96 WAS 116 134 NE 38.5 170 CLE 23 205 NE 9 246 NE 1 97 NE 112 135 IND 38 171 NYG 22.6 206 WAS 8.6 247 MIN 1 98 JAX 108 136 DAL 37.5 172 ATL 22.2 207 PIT 8.2 248 ARI 1 99 LAR 104 137 ATL 37 173 WAS 21.8 208 TB 7.8 249 ARI 1 100 CAR 100 138 PHI 36.5 209 MIN 7.4 250 MIN 1 101 NE 96 210 CIN 7 251 LAR 1 102 BAL 92 211 CIN 6.6 252 NE 1 212 SF 6.2 253 WAS 1 213 CIN 5.8 254 ARI 1 214 KC 5.4 -
Buzz off kid, and at my age most everybody is a kid so don't take that as a big insult. I was a teenager in 1964 , just driving a car when we last won a championship. If you are a contemporary , I'll call you Gramps rather than kid. I can't help it you don't get it. In your example, I might, it just depends on if the sweetener was something I needed. I think Dukes value is in a package deal.
What your value for him is really isn't important, neither is mine. The point is, whether it was your intention or not (which it seems like it wasn't), your post read as the Browns 3rd round pick and Duke to move up to 2nd round. You don't seem to see that, but you know what you were trying to convey.
From someone else's POV, it looks like you meant Duke and 3rd to move up. There is no mention or insinuation of anything else.
What your value for him is really isn't important, neither is mine. The point is, whether it was your intention or not (which it seems like it wasn't), your post read as the Browns 3rd round pick and Duke to move up to 2nd round. You don't seem to see that, but you know what you were trying to convey.
From someone else's POV, it looks like you meant Duke and 3rd to move up. There is no mention or insinuation of anything else.
I clarified a bit later. At any rate, what is important is what some other team feels Dukes value to them would be worth. To us he might be viewed as an insurance policy while to another team he might be viewed as a starter, not to mention no matter what rounds value points you or I might assign Duke, being a proven player his value would reflect somewhat higher. How much higher? I guess it depends on the team.
-
RD1 RD2 RD3 RD4 RD5 RD6 RD7 PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL 1 ARI 3000 33 ARI 580 65 ARI 265 103 ARI 88 139 ARI 36 174 ARI 21.4 215 TB 5 2 SF 2600 34 IND 560 66 PIT 260 104 SF 86 140 OAK 35.5 175 PIT 21 216 KC 4.6 3 NYJ 2200 35 OAK 550 67 SF 255 105 NYJ 84 141 PIT 35 176 SF 20.6 217 NYJ 4.2 4 OAK 1800 36 SF 540 68 NYJ 250 106 OAK 82 142 NYG 34.5 177 NO 20.2 218 OAK 3.8 5 TB 1700 37 NYG 530 69 JAX 245 107 TB 80 143 NYG 34 178 JAX 19.8 219 PIT 3.4 6 NYG 1600 38 JAX 520 70 TB 240 108 NYG 78 144 CLE 33.5 179 ARI 19.4 220 HOU 3 7 JAX 1500 39 TB 510 71 DEN 235 109 JAX 76 145 TB 33 180 NYG 19 221 CLE 2.6 8 DET 1400 40 BUF 500 72 CIN 230 110 CIN 74 146 DET 32.6 181 BUF 18.6 222 CHI 2.3 9 BUF 1350 41 DEN 490 73 NE 225 111 DET 72 147 BUF 32.2 182 DEN 18.2 223 CIN 2 10 DEN 1300 42 CIN 480 74 BUF 220 112 BUF 70 148 DEN 31.8 183 CIN 17.8 224 DET 1.7 11 CIN 1250 43 DET 470 75 GB 215 113 BAL 68 149 CIN 31.4 184 DET 17.4 225 BUF 1.4 12 GB 1200 44 GB 460 76 WAS 210 114 GB 66 150 GB 31 185 GB 17 226 GB 1.1 13 MIA 1150 45 ATL 450 77 CAR 205 115 CAR 64 151 MIA 30.6 186 ATL 16.6 227 WAS 1 14 ATL 1100 46 WAS 440 78 MIA 200 116 MIA 62 152 ATL 30.2 187 CAR 16.2 228 BUF 1 15 WAS 1050 47 CAR 430 79 ATL 195 117 ATL 60 153 WAS 29.8 188 TEN 15.8 229 DET 1 16 CAR 1000 48 MIA 420 80 CLE 190 118 GB 58 154 CAR 29.4 189 CLE 15.4 230 ATL 1 17 NYG 950 49 CLE 410 81 MIN 185 119 CLE 56 155 CLE 29 190 MIN 15 231 NO 1 18 MIN 900 50 MIN 400 82 TEN 180 120 MIN 54 156 DEN 28.6 191 BAL 14.6 232 NYG 1 19 TEN 875 51 TEN 390 83 PIT 175 121 TEN 52 157 TEN 28.2 192 PIT 14.2 233 MIA 1 20 PIT 850 52 PIT 380 84 KC 170 122 PIT 50 158 BUF 27.8 193 BAL 13.8 234 MIA 1 21 SEA 800 53 PHI 370 85 BAL 165 123 BAL 49 159 SEA 27.4 194 GB 13.4 235 OAK 1 22 BAL 780 54 HOU 360 86 HOU 160 124 SEA 48 160 BAL 27 195 HOU 13 236 JAX 1 23 HOU 760 55 HOU 350 87 CHI 155 125 DEN 47 161 HOU 26.6 196 NYJ 12.6 237 DEN 1 24 OAK 740 56 NE 340 88 DET 150 126 CHI 46 162 CHI 26.2 197 PHI 12.2 238 CHI 1 25 PHI 720 57 PHI 330 89 IND 145 127 PHI 45 163 PHI 25.8 198 CIN 11.8 239 NE 1 26 IND 700 58 DAL 320 90 DAL 140 128 DAL 44 164 IND 25.4 199 IND 11.4 240 IND 1 27 OAK 680 59 IND 310 91 LAC 136 129 IND 43 165 DAL 25 200 LAC 11 241 DAL 1 28 LAC 660 60 LAC 300 92 SEA 132 130 LAC 42 166 LAC 24.6 201 KC 10.6 242 LAC 1 29 SEA 640 61 KC 292 93 NYJ 128 131 BUF 41 167 KC 24.2 202 NO 10.2 243 NE 1 30 GB 620 62 NO 284 94 LAR 124 132 NYG 40 168 NO 23.8 203 LAR 9.8 244 NO 1 31 LAR 600 63 KC 276 95 NYG 120 133 LAR 39 169 LAR 23.4 204 DET 9.4 245 NYG 1 32 NE 590 64 NE 270 96 WAS 116 134 NE 38.5 170 CLE 23 205 NE 9 246 NE 1 97 NE 112 135 IND 38 171 NYG 22.6 206 WAS 8.6 247 MIN 1 98 JAX 108 136 DAL 37.5 172 ATL 22.2 207 PIT 8.2 248 ARI 1 99 LAR 104 137 ATL 37 173 WAS 21.8 208 TB 7.8 249 ARI 1 100 CAR 100 138 PHI 36.5 209 MIN 7.4 250 MIN 1 101 NE 96 210 CIN 7 251 LAR 1 102 BAL 92 211 CIN 6.6 252 NE 1 212 SF 6.2 253 WAS 1 213 CIN 5.8 254 ARI 1 214 KC 5.4 RD1 RD2 RD3 RD4 RD5 RD6 RD7 PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL 1 ARI 3000 33 ARI 580 65 ARI 265 103 ARI 88 139 ARI 36 174 ARI 21.4 215 TB 5 2 SF 2600 34 IND 560 66 PIT 260 104 SF 86 140 OAK 35.5 175 PIT 21 216 KC 4.6 3 NYJ 2200 35 OAK 550 67 SF 255 105 NYJ 84 141 PIT 35 176 SF 20.6 217 NYJ 4.2 4 OAK 1800 36 SF 540 68 NYJ 250 106 OAK 82 142 NYG 34.5 177 NO 20.2 218 OAK 3.8 5 TB 1700 37 NYG 530 69 JAX 245 107 TB 80 143 NYG 34 178 JAX 19.8 219 PIT 3.4 6 NYG 1600 38 JAX 520 70 TB 240 108 NYG 78 144 CLE 33.5 179 ARI 19.4 220 HOU 3 7 JAX 1500 39 TB 510 71 DEN 235 109 JAX 76 145 TB 33 180 NYG 19 221 CLE 2.6 8 DET 1400 40 BUF 500 72 CIN 230 110 CIN 74 146 DET 32.6 181 BUF 18.6 222 CHI 2.3 9 BUF 1350 41 DEN 490 73 NE 225 111 DET 72 147 BUF 32.2 182 DEN 18.2 223 CIN 2 10 DEN 1300 42 CIN 480 74 BUF 220 112 BUF 70 148 DEN 31.8 183 CIN 17.8 224 DET 1.7 11 CIN 1250 43 DET 470 75 GB 215 113 BAL 68 149 CIN 31.4 184 DET 17.4 225 BUF 1.4 12 GB 1200 44 GB 460 76 WAS 210 114 GB 66 150 GB 31 185 GB 17 226 GB 1.1 13 MIA 1150 45 ATL 450 77 CAR 205 115 CAR 64 151 MIA 30.6 186 ATL 16.6 227 WAS 1 14 ATL 1100 46 WAS 440 78 MIA 200 116 MIA 62 152 ATL 30.2 187 CAR 16.2 228 BUF 1 15 WAS 1050 47 CAR 430 79 ATL 195 117 ATL 60 153 WAS 29.8 188 TEN 15.8 229 DET 1 16 CAR 1000 48 MIA 420 80 CLE 190 118 GB 58 154 CAR 29.4 189 CLE 15.4 230 ATL 1 17 NYG 950 49 CLE 410 81 MIN 185 119 CLE 56 155 CLE 29 190 MIN 15 231 NO 1 18 MIN 900 50 MIN 400 82 TEN 180 120 MIN 54 156 DEN 28.6 191 BAL 14.6 232 NYG 1 19 TEN 875 51 TEN 390 83 PIT 175 121 TEN 52 157 TEN 28.2 192 PIT 14.2 233 MIA 1 20 PIT 850 52 PIT 380 84 KC 170 122 PIT 50 158 BUF 27.8 193 BAL 13.8 234 MIA 1 21 SEA 800 53 PHI 370 85 BAL 165 123 BAL 49 159 SEA 27.4 194 GB 13.4 235 OAK 1 22 BAL 780 54 HOU 360 86 HOU 160 124 SEA 48 160 BAL 27 195 HOU 13 236 JAX 1 23 HOU 760 55 HOU 350 87 CHI 155 125 DEN 47 161 HOU 26.6 196 NYJ 12.6 237 DEN 1 24 OAK 740 56 NE 340 88 DET 150 126 CHI 46 162 CHI 26.2 197 PHI 12.2 238 CHI 1 25 PHI 720 57 PHI 330 89 IND 145 127 PHI 45 163 PHI 25.8 198 CIN 11.8 239 NE 1 26 IND 700 58 DAL 320 90 DAL 140 128 DAL 44 164 IND 25.4 199 IND 11.4 240 IND 1 27 OAK 680 59 IND 310 91 LAC 136 129 IND 43 165 DAL 25 200 LAC 11 241 DAL 1 28 LAC 660 60 LAC 300 92 SEA 132 130 LAC 42 166 LAC 24.6 201 KC 10.6 242 LAC 1 29 SEA 640 61 KC 292 93 NYJ 128 131 BUF 41 167 KC 24.2 202 NO 10.2 243 NE 1 30 GB 620 62 NO 284 94 LAR 124 132 NYG 40 168 NO 23.8 203 LAR 9.8 244 NO 1 31 LAR 600 63 KC 276 95 NYG 120 133 LAR 39 169 LAR 23.4 204 DET 9.4 245 NYG 1 32 NE 590 64 NE 270 96 WAS 116 134 NE 38.5 170 CLE 23 205 NE 9 246 NE 1 97 NE 112 135 IND 38 171 NYG 22.6 206 WAS 8.6 247 MIN 1 98 JAX 108 136 DAL 37.5 172 ATL 22.2 207 PIT 8.2 248 ARI 1 99 LAR 104 137 ATL 37 173 WAS 21.8 208 TB 7.8 249 ARI 1 100 CAR 100 138 PHI 36.5 209 MIN 7.4 250 MIN 1 101 NE 96 210 CIN 7 251 LAR 1 102 BAL 92 211 CIN 6.6 252 NE 1 212 SF 6.2 253 WAS 1 213 CIN 5.8 254 ARI 1 214 KC 5.4 Thanks for that. I hadn't seen a chart laid out with teams attached to the selections.
-
What your value for him is really isn't important, neither is mine. The point is, whether it was your intention or not (which it seems like it wasn't), your post read as the Browns 3rd round pick and Duke to move up to 2nd round. You don't seem to see that, but you know what you were trying to convey.
From someone else's POV, it looks like you meant Duke and 3rd to move up. There is no mention or insinuation of anything else.
I clarified a bit later. At any rate, what is important is what some other team feels Dukes value to them would be worth. To us he might be viewed as an insurance policy while to another team he might be viewed as a starter, not to mention no matter what rounds value points you or I might assign Duke, being a proven player his value would reflect somewhat higher. How much higher? I guess it depends on the team.
I clarified a bit later. At any rate, what is important is what some other team feels Dukes value to them would be worth. To us he might be viewed as an insurance policy while to another team he might be viewed as a starter, not to mention no matter what rounds value points you or I might assign Duke, being a proven player his value would reflect somewhat higher. How much higher? I guess it depends on the team.
"Oh, so that's what you meant? Ok then, carry on"
Aye aye aye
-
-
I can see a trade to 31-45 if there is a player that is highly desired
-
RD1 RD2 RD3 RD4 RD5 RD6 RD7 PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL PK/TM VAL 1 ARI 3000 33 ARI 580 65 ARI 265 103 ARI 88 139 ARI 36 174 ARI 21.4 215 TB 5 2 SF 2600 34 IND 560 66 PIT 260 104 SF 86 140 OAK 35.5 175 PIT 21 216 KC 4.6 3 NYJ 2200 35 OAK 550 67 SF 255 105 NYJ 84 141 PIT 35 176 SF 20.6 217 NYJ 4.2 4 OAK 1800 36 SF 540 68 NYJ 250 106 OAK 82 142 NYG 34.5 177 NO 20.2 218 OAK 3.8 5 TB 1700 37 NYG 530 69 JAX 245 107 TB 80 143 NYG 34 178 JAX 19.8 219 PIT 3.4 6 NYG 1600 38 JAX 520 70 TB 240 108 NYG 78 144 CLE 33.5 179 ARI 19.4 220 HOU 3 7 JAX 1500 39 TB 510 71 DEN 235 109 JAX 76 145 TB 33 180 NYG 19 221 CLE 2.6 8 DET 1400 40 BUF 500 72 CIN 230 110 CIN 74 146 DET 32.6 181 BUF 18.6 222 CHI 2.3 9 BUF 1350 41 DEN 490 73 NE 225 111 DET 72 147 BUF 32.2 182 DEN 18.2 223 CIN 2 10 DEN 1300 42 CIN 480 74 BUF 220 112 BUF 70 148 DEN 31.8 183 CIN 17.8 224 DET 1.7 11 CIN 1250 43 DET 470 75 GB 215 113 BAL 68 149 CIN 31.4 184 DET 17.4 225 BUF 1.4 12 GB 1200 44 GB 460 76 WAS 210 114 GB 66 150 GB 31 185 GB 17 226 GB 1.1 13 MIA 1150 45 ATL 450 77 CAR 205 115 CAR 64 151 MIA 30.6 186 ATL 16.6 227 WAS 1 14 ATL 1100 46 WAS 440 78 MIA 200 116 MIA 62 152 ATL 30.2 187 CAR 16.2 228 BUF 1 15 WAS 1050 47 CAR 430 79 ATL 195 117 ATL 60 153 WAS 29.8 188 TEN 15.8 229 DET 1 16 CAR 1000 48 MIA 420 80 CLE 190 118 GB 58 154 CAR 29.4 189 CLE 15.4 230 ATL 1 17 NYG 950 49 CLE 410 81 MIN 185 119 CLE 56 155 CLE 29 190 MIN 15 231 NO 1 18 MIN 900 50 MIN 400 82 TEN 180 120 MIN 54 156 DEN 28.6 191 BAL 14.6 232 NYG 1 19 TEN 875 51 TEN 390 83 PIT 175 121 TEN 52 157 TEN 28.2 192 PIT 14.2 233 MIA 1 20 PIT 850 52 PIT 380 84 KC 170 122 PIT 50 158 BUF 27.8 193 BAL 13.8 234 MIA 1 21 SEA 800 53 PHI 370 85 BAL 165 123 BAL 49 159 SEA 27.4 194 GB 13.4 235 OAK 1 22 BAL 780 54 HOU 360 86 HOU 160 124 SEA 48 160 BAL 27 195 HOU 13 236 JAX 1 23 HOU 760 55 HOU 350 87 CHI 155 125 DEN 47 161 HOU 26.6 196 NYJ 12.6 237 DEN 1 24 OAK 740 56 NE 340 88 DET 150 126 CHI 46 162 CHI 26.2 197 PHI 12.2 238 CHI 1 25 PHI 720 57 PHI 330 89 IND 145 127 PHI 45 163 PHI 25.8 198 CIN 11.8 239 NE 1 26 IND 700 58 DAL 320 90 DAL 140 128 DAL 44 164 IND 25.4 199 IND 11.4 240 IND 1 27 OAK 680 59 IND 310 91 LAC 136 129 IND 43 165 DAL 25 200 LAC 11 241 DAL 1 28 LAC 660 60 LAC 300 92 SEA 132 130 LAC 42 166 LAC 24.6 201 KC 10.6 242 LAC 1 29 SEA 640 61 KC 292 93 NYJ 128 131 BUF 41 167 KC 24.2 202 NO 10.2 243 NE 1 30 GB 620 62 NO 284 94 LAR 124 132 NYG 40 168 NO 23.8 203 LAR 9.8 244 NO 1 31 LAR 600 63 KC 276 95 NYG 120 133 LAR 39 169 LAR 23.4 204 DET 9.4 245 NYG 1 32 NE 590 64 NE 270 96 WAS 116 134 NE 38.5 170 CLE 23 205 NE 9 246 NE 1 97 NE 112 135 IND 38 171 NYG 22.6 206 WAS 8.6 247 MIN 1 98 JAX 108 136 DAL 37.5 172 ATL 22.2 207 PIT 8.2 248 ARI 1 99 LAR 104 137 ATL 37 173 WAS 21.8 208 TB 7.8 249 ARI 1 100 CAR 100 138 PHI 36.5 209 MIN 7.4 250 MIN 1 101 NE 96 210 CIN 7 251 LAR 1 102 BAL 92 211 CIN 6.6 252 NE 1 212 SF 6.2 253 WAS 1 213 CIN 5.8 254 ARI 1 214 KC 5.4 Thanks for that. I hadn't seen a chart laid out with teams attached to the selections.
-
LOL, but did you go to the same high school as Bo is the question? Just being born in a town, in my case Cleveland- covers a lot of celebrities, sports and otherwise.
Chuck may be our most famous alum, but those who follow golf have heard of Tom Weiskopf. #2 famous alum. Tom drove the green and aced a par 4 when he was on the golf team.
The currently unemployed Najee Goode (formerly of the Eagles) is another of our guys that made it to the NFL.
PS, not only did I go to the same HS as Noll, I followed him down the road here to the University of Dayton. BTW, Jon Gruden is also a UD grad.
No, he went to Barberton, I went to Norton, right next door. My HS doesn't really have any famous alum....unless you consider a Playboy Playmate as famous:
Sandra Hubby:

Beat that with that All Boys school you went to.
No, he went to Barberton, I went to Norton, right next door. My HS doesn't really have any famous alum....unless you consider a Playboy Playmate as famous:
Sandra Hubby:
Beat that with that All Boys school you went to.
Ok, you win! Mine is Nancy Cartwright (The voice of Bart Simpson) So what was she ^ really like...
-
No, he went to Barberton, I went to Norton, right next door. My HS doesn't really have any famous alum....unless you consider a Playboy Playmate as famous:
Sandra Hubby:
Beat that with that All Boys school you went to.
Ok, you win! Mine is Nancy Cartwright (The voice of Bart Simpson) So what was she ^ really like...
-
OK.....so we got through day 1 with no silly trade up. Hearing JD's comments about how he looked into trading up for 3 different guys and how the compensation demand was just too high for him and the organization, I say, Good Job!! That's just what we want him to do. If he can do a deal that makes sense, Great. And if the asking price doesn't make sense....politely decline and hang up the phone.
JD 'may' move up today but at least the price won't involve next year's 1st rounder. I mean, next year, if you want to move up some in round 1 for a player, it's doable. Without that 1st rounder, those players are out of reach.
I have another rehearsal tonight (trio)........so Good Luck! Get us some Good Guys Big John!!
-
OK.....so we got through day 1 with no silly trade up. Hearing JD's comments about how he looked into trading up for 3 different guys and how the compensation demand was just too high for him and the organization, I say, Good Job!! That's just what we want him to do. If he can do a deal that makes sense, Great. And if the asking price doesn't make sense....politely decline and hang up the phone.
JD 'may' move up today but at least the price won't involve next year's 1st rounder. I mean, next year, if you want to move up some in round 1 for a player, it's doable. Without that 1st rounder, those players are out of reach.
I have another rehearsal tonight (trio)........so Good Luck! Get us some Good Guys Big John!!
-
okay - Jets have Darren Lee on the trading block - they desperately want to trade up into the second round, since they don't have
a second round pick?
So, trade up with the Browns, since they are already interested in Duke...
send em Duke, we get Lee, they trade up to 49, we get their 3rd round pick and whatever else
that Dorsey figures we should get...
I'd go with it. Dorsey and co will know the sleepers, etc to still pick to help the Browns round out cb/s, IDL
PS - the Bengals are wanting Lee, too - so....
-
I can see a trade to 31-45 if there is a player that is highly desired
I can see a trade to 31-45 if there is a player that is highly desired
And of course, traded up to 46 ?
-
Who we jumping for?
-
Good pick to go with Ward. Got to believe we had those two CBs on the radar and jumped as soon as one was taken.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
??