Skip to content

Greedy Williams

Locked The Browns Board
348 38 8.9k 1
  • i need to stop thinking about the browns for awhile.....this is getting too head spacey. I was already trying to curb my enthusiasm but i thought defensively we had some gaps even tho the front 4 might be all time greats. Now im starting to feel about the defense almost like i feel about the offense. 

    i think teams are going to HAVE to run tge ball not just to keep baker and that ridiculous raptor squad of a wr room off the field......but also to keep the pass rush honest cause if qb's have to throw quick we could see some routes jumped by these corners like a sao paulo street mugging. Dudes gonna come out their pockets

    @clevfan4life said:

    i need to stop thinking about the browns for awhile.....this is getting too head spacey. I was already trying to curb my enthusiasm but i thought defensively we had some gaps even tho the front 4 might be all time greats. Now im starting to feel about the defense almost like i feel about the offense. 

    i think teams are going to HAVE to run tge ball not just to keep baker and that ridiculous raptor squad of a wr room off the field......but also to keep the pass rush honest cause if qb's have to throw quick we could see some routes jumped by these corners like a sao paulo street mugging. Dudes gonna come out their pockets

  • I also at no point said he wasn't good. I once again replied to the "why is he falling?" Question and the effort and avoiding contact are the why. I'm sorry you dont like it. I'm glad the steelers didn't draft him.

    @vagitron said:

    I also at no point said he wasn't good. I once again replied to the "why is he falling?" Question and the effort and avoiding contact are the why. I'm sorry you dont like it. I'm glad the steelers didn't draft him.

    liar. you said character concerns.

    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/05/nfl-network-offers-pro-comparisons-for-top-cb-in-the-draft/

    NFL Network draft analyst Bucky Brooks broke down the stop cornerbacks and offered some player comparisons to current NFL cornerbacks.  You can watch the whole video here.

    For Williams, Brooks compared his to New England Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore.

    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/30/steelers-land-top-cornerback-in-new-mock-draft/

    Our friends over at Draft Wire took on the role of all 32 general managers for their new mock draft. This is different from a typical mock draft that is often based more on who a team should pick rather than who they might pick. These types of mocks can often go in a very different direction and this was no exception.

    In this scenario, LSU cornerback Greedy Williams falls all the way to the No. 20 pick and squarely into the Steelers’ lap. Many draft pundits don’t have a huge gap between Williams and the next group of cornerbacks in this draft class but to my eye, Williams is far and away the top cornerback in this class. If he fell to 20 it would be a steal for Pittsburgh.

    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/07/2019-nfl-draft-3-impact-players-the-steelers-could-trade-up-to-get/

    2019 NFL draft: 3 impact players the Steelers could trade up to get

    The last time the Pittsburgh Steelers picked in the top 20 of the first round of the NFL draft was in 2015 when the Steelers selected linebacker Ryan Shazier. If Pittsburgh wants to take advantage of the small window they have to win, they need to get an impact rookie on par with Shazier this time around. There are some guys who fit the mold but it’s doubtful any will be on the board at pick No. 20. Here are three guys we would trade up to get.

    Greedy Williams CB LSU

    Former LSU cornerback Greedy Williams is far and away the best all-around cornerback in this draft. Where the other guys in the first round all have fairly significant shortcomings to their game, Williams has none of them. How far do the Steelers have to move up? If Williams falls out of the top eight or nine picks, Pittsburgh should immediately go up and get him.

  • https://triblive.com/sports/kevin-gorman-now-that-the-nfl-draft-is-over-who-runs-the-afc-north/

    "The slight frame of cornerback Greedy Williams scared off teams, and he slipped from top-10 status to the second round."

    I think the Browns know he has the attitude to be coached up to make his few weaknesses strengths.

    meaning, vegitron is full of crap.

    Hanford Dixon

    Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
    Weight: 186 lb (84 kg)

    Greedy Williams

    Height  6' 2"
    Weight  185 lbs

    Prospect Grade6.18

    40 Yard Dash 4.37 Seconds
     
     
  • @the-gipper said:

    You are one lying piece of shit.  You said he had character concerns.  That means "off the field" concerns. You say he has character concerns because he possibly isn't the single football player that ever played in this league that is flawless.

    And prove that he has a bad attitude.....provide ONE quote by him that appears to be evidence of a bad attitude.  

    So....because he doesn't hit like Jack Tatum...to you that is a character concern and a bad attitude. 

    There is NOTHING similar about him and Gilbert...except the position they play.  Again....he may be more similar to Deion Sanders....who didn't like to tackle. 

    And OF COURSE it is about the Steelers vs. the Browns.  If it weren't, your lying pussy ass wouldn't be on this board.

    Steelers didn't have a second and I was reading on all the afc north boards. He doesn't hit at all and he quits on plays. I'm pretty sure I said the same damn thing the very first time. It's a lack of character with quitting on plays. 

    @vagitron said:

    Steelers didn't have a second and I was reading on all the afc north boards. He doesn't hit at all and he quits on plays. I'm pretty sure I said the same damn thing the very first time. It's a lack of character with quitting on plays. 

    Well....first off....that is just YOUR perception that he quits on plays.

    Second...if that were such a huge problem....one of the best judges of talent in the NFL ....Dorsey...would have passed on him.  So, I am going to say that that is just your ignorant prejudice and NOT really a factor in his evaluation,    because I trust Dorsey's judgment far more than I trust yours. 

    And...as far as I know....while he may not be the greatest tackler.....he DOES fucking tackle guys when he has to.  I don't think that the statistics prove that  the opposition threw like 100 TDs against him simply because he didn't "hit at all".  He did tackle...but as I said, maybe he doesn't do it Jack Tatum style...but he does get guys to the ground.    So...you are full of horseshit on both counts.

  • I also at no point said he wasn't good. I once again replied to the "why is he falling?" Question and the effort and avoiding contact are the why. I'm sorry you dont like it. I'm glad the steelers didn't draft him.

    @vagitron said:

    I also at no point said he wasn't good. I once again replied to the "why is he falling?" Question and the effort and avoiding contact are the why. I'm sorry you dont like it. I'm glad the steelers didn't draft him.

    You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

  • So I'm trying to work on something of a write up for Greedy.  But when watching the Georgia game I wanted to give highlight a glimpse of why taller, hip fluid CB's are all the rage in the NFL and why having this kid (provided things swing our way and he plays to the level he is capable) gives us two corners that allow us to matchup vs receivers in different ways.

    @ 4:52 ....   Skinny post to the top that ends up being a bit more sharp than usual but with great ball placement.    Denzel is 5'10 and in off coverage.   It's a TD. 

    @ 3:32 

    Same same except in a 2x2 with Georgia.  Greedy is in a bit of a bail tech here, but he's able to get back inside on the post and deny what was a great throw and potential TD.

    This is what having a tall athletic CB in your defense can bring to the table giving you a variety of deployment options and coverages.    Granted these videos are between Williams/Rivers and Fromm/Ridley.  But being that we just drafted Greedy, we can only go on similar things to what we've seen and then make hopeful projections.

    @tiamat63 said:

    So I'm trying to work on something of a write up for Greedy.  But when watching the Georgia game I wanted to give highlight a glimpse of why taller, hip fluid CB's are all the rage in the NFL and why having this kid (provided things swing our way and he plays to the level he is capable) gives us two corners that allow us to matchup vs receivers in different ways.

    @ 4:52 ....   Skinny post to the top that ends up being a bit more sharp than usual but with great ball placement.    Denzel is 5'10 and in off coverage.   It's a TD. 

    @ 3:32 

    Same same except in a 2x2 with Georgia.  Greedy is in a bit of a bail tech here, but he's able to get back inside on the post and deny what was a great throw and potential TD.

    This is what having a tall athletic CB in your defense can bring to the table giving you a variety of deployment options and coverages.    Granted these videos are between Williams/Rivers and Fromm/Ridley.  But being that we just drafted Greedy, we can only go on similar things to what we've seen and then make hopeful projections.

    In that whole video...I saw one pass completed againt Greedy......a very well executed comeback pattern.  Otherwise they either just did NOT throw it against him....or he made a couple of very good breakups.   

    Maybe that is why he is accused of not tackling...he never has to.  They never throw his way and the tackle has to be made far away from his position... or if they do, he breaks it up.

  • OK , and there is this:    The Browns supposedly took some really badass bangers when they got  Takitaki,  Redwine, and Wilson.

    So getting a guy that can really cover receivers like a blanket seems to me to be a fair balance....even if he cannot hit like Butkus.

  • OK , and there is this:    The Browns supposedly took some really badass bangers when they got  Takitaki,  Redwine, and Wilson.

    So getting a guy that can really cover receivers like a blanket seems to me to be a fair balance....even if he cannot hit like Butkus.

    @the-gipper said:

    OK , and there is this:    The Browns supposedly took some really badass bangers when they got  Takitaki,  Redwine, and Wilson.

    So getting a guy that can really cover receivers like a blanket seems to me to be a fair balance....even if he cannot hit like Butkus.

    I still have the A&M 7 OT win over LSU recorded. I'll take a look and see how Jimbo Fisher tried to deal with him. I keep thinking we stayed away from his side, but that is just vague in my memory of the game at the moment. Back to that later in the week.

  • @vagitron said:

    I also at no point said he wasn't good. I once again replied to the "why is he falling?" Question and the effort and avoiding contact are the why. I'm sorry you dont like it. I'm glad the steelers didn't draft him.

    You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

    @the-gipper said:

    You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    @vagitron said:

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    what scouts? super duper secret scouts? I'll bet the Browns' scouts didn't think he was a bad pick.

    what do your "scouts" have on "serious character concerns" on Greedy anyways?

    btw, let me say this:

       On Greedy not being a "hitter, not liking contact? whatever. Another top cb was having the same thing said about him back in the day.

    and he was skinny, too. 6'1", 198 lbs. I guess your "scouts" would have hated him, too.

    https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/315/deion-sanders

    Pick 5 overall. very fast.

    2× Super Bowl champion (XXIX, XXX)

    8× Pro Bowl (1991–1994, 1996–1999)

    8× First-team All-Pro (1991–1994, 1996–1999)

    NFL Defensive Player of the Year (1994)

    NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

    Deion Sanders.

    I'm not worried about him being skinny or "not liking contact" In a great, deep cb draft,

    a lot of cb's were taken later than usual, partly because of the talent at DL in the first round.

  • Go look at the statements on Patrick Peterson when he came out of school.  "could be better"

    I'm not worried at all.

  • https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/6291168-greedy-williams-nfl-scouting-report-draft-profile-and-projection

    Greedy Williams Draft Predictions

    Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

    Detroit desperately needs to sure up its second cornerback position with the No. 8 overall pick in this year's draft. Last year saw four different cornerbacks play across from Darius Slay and inconsistencies at the position resulted in the Lions finishing tied for the second-fewest interceptions in the league last year with seven. Williams is a bonafide playmaker and should be able to wreak havoc on quarterbacks with his impressive closing speed. Look for the Lions to snag Williams if Tampa Bay doesn't take him first with the No. 7 overall pick. The Buccaneers have issues all over the defensive side of the ball and weren't far ahead of the Lions with only nine interceptions in 2018.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    @vagitron said:

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    SOUR-GRAPES.jpg?itok=gZRKNtec

  • This is ridiculous.

    Like John Dorsey would ever draft a player with character concerns. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    @vagitron said:

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    Didn’t fucking stutter.  I don’t think any of your wide receivers can handle him. live with that fuck stick. 

  • @vagitron said:

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    Didn’t fucking stutter.  I don’t think any of your wide receivers can handle him. live with that fuck stick. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Didn’t fucking stutter.  I don’t think any of your wide receivers can handle him. live with that fuck stick. 

    Because gipper said so lol. I will look forward to our hall of fame qb and our Corp challenging that claim this year.

  • Dixon and Minnifield. / Williams and Ward

    Slaughter, Langhorn Kosar/Beckam, Landry and Mayfield

    Not to mention Olivier and Garret .. Paired with Oganjobi and Richardson...

    The pairs we are coming up with are getting downright historic..   If I could speak to the players of this 2019 team I would tell them this.. Give us FIVE YEARS of your life. Put your head down and play your fucking heart out and you will be fucking LEGENDS for life.. How many 25 year olds can even be in that position.. Five years and a Super Bowl win somewhere in there, and they will go down in history.. What more motivation do you need?

    Hell if they go 1-15 next year again, the 2018 season will still go down as one of the best in the new Browns era bar none. I am still re-watching games and highlights..

    BobPound

  • @the-gipper said:

    Didn’t fucking stutter.  I don’t think any of your wide receivers can handle him. live with that fuck stick. 

    Because gipper said so lol. I will look forward to our hall of fame qb and our Corp challenging that claim this year.

    @vagitron said:

    Because gipper said so lol. I will look forward to our hall of fame qb and our Corp challenging that claim this year.

    Your HOF QB still has to have guys open.  If they get catches against him it will probably be a few of the comeback variety.

  • someone tell fagitron that the tackle concerns with greedy were about stopping RB's or TE's......not other wr's that caught tbe ball. 

  • someone tell fagitron that the tackle concerns with greedy were about stopping RB's or TE's......not other wr's that caught tbe ball. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    someone tell fagitron that the tackle concerns with greedy were about stopping RB's or TE's......not other wr's that caught tbe ball. 

    Yep....the same concern they had about Darrelle Revis, Deion, Darrell Green, Richard Sherman, Champ Bailey