Skip to content

Greedy Williams

Locked The Browns Board
348 38 8.9k 1
  • OK , and there is this:    The Browns supposedly took some really badass bangers when they got  Takitaki,  Redwine, and Wilson.

    So getting a guy that can really cover receivers like a blanket seems to me to be a fair balance....even if he cannot hit like Butkus.

  • OK , and there is this:    The Browns supposedly took some really badass bangers when they got  Takitaki,  Redwine, and Wilson.

    So getting a guy that can really cover receivers like a blanket seems to me to be a fair balance....even if he cannot hit like Butkus.

    @the-gipper said:

    OK , and there is this:    The Browns supposedly took some really badass bangers when they got  Takitaki,  Redwine, and Wilson.

    So getting a guy that can really cover receivers like a blanket seems to me to be a fair balance....even if he cannot hit like Butkus.

    I still have the A&M 7 OT win over LSU recorded. I'll take a look and see how Jimbo Fisher tried to deal with him. I keep thinking we stayed away from his side, but that is just vague in my memory of the game at the moment. Back to that later in the week.

  • @vagitron said:

    I also at no point said he wasn't good. I once again replied to the "why is he falling?" Question and the effort and avoiding contact are the why. I'm sorry you dont like it. I'm glad the steelers didn't draft him.

    You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

    @the-gipper said:

    You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    @vagitron said:

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    what scouts? super duper secret scouts? I'll bet the Browns' scouts didn't think he was a bad pick.

    what do your "scouts" have on "serious character concerns" on Greedy anyways?

    btw, let me say this:

       On Greedy not being a "hitter, not liking contact? whatever. Another top cb was having the same thing said about him back in the day.

    and he was skinny, too. 6'1", 198 lbs. I guess your "scouts" would have hated him, too.

    https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/315/deion-sanders

    Pick 5 overall. very fast.

    2× Super Bowl champion (XXIX, XXX)

    8× Pro Bowl (1991–1994, 1996–1999)

    8× First-team All-Pro (1991–1994, 1996–1999)

    NFL Defensive Player of the Year (1994)

    NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

    Deion Sanders.

    I'm not worried about him being skinny or "not liking contact" In a great, deep cb draft,

    a lot of cb's were taken later than usual, partly because of the talent at DL in the first round.

  • Go look at the statements on Patrick Peterson when he came out of school.  "could be better"

    I'm not worried at all.

  • https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/6291168-greedy-williams-nfl-scouting-report-draft-profile-and-projection

    Greedy Williams Draft Predictions

    Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

    Detroit desperately needs to sure up its second cornerback position with the No. 8 overall pick in this year's draft. Last year saw four different cornerbacks play across from Darius Slay and inconsistencies at the position resulted in the Lions finishing tied for the second-fewest interceptions in the league last year with seven. Williams is a bonafide playmaker and should be able to wreak havoc on quarterbacks with his impressive closing speed. Look for the Lions to snag Williams if Tampa Bay doesn't take him first with the No. 7 overall pick. The Buccaneers have issues all over the defensive side of the ball and weren't far ahead of the Lions with only nine interceptions in 2018.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    @vagitron said:

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    SOUR-GRAPES.jpg?itok=gZRKNtec

  • This is ridiculous.

    Like John Dorsey would ever draft a player with character concerns. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    You may be glad that the Steelers didn't draft him.....but you may be sorry that the Browns did.   I don't seen ANY of the Steelers WRs being able to do much against this guy....not Jujubee, not Washington...not Sidney Moncrief...no one.  Maybe if by chance he has to cover a TE, that TE may be able to muscle a couple of catches on him.....but that is about it.

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    @vagitron said:

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    Didn’t fucking stutter.  I don’t think any of your wide receivers can handle him. live with that fuck stick. 

  • @vagitron said:

    He's a fucking rookie gipper. He hasn't played a single nfl snap and here you are saying "I don't think any steeler wr will be able to do anything against him" oooooooooook.

    The effort knock is not my opinion. It is the opinion of the scouts I read material from and part of the reason he fell to the second round.

    Didn’t fucking stutter.  I don’t think any of your wide receivers can handle him. live with that fuck stick. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Didn’t fucking stutter.  I don’t think any of your wide receivers can handle him. live with that fuck stick. 

    Because gipper said so lol. I will look forward to our hall of fame qb and our Corp challenging that claim this year.

  • Dixon and Minnifield. / Williams and Ward

    Slaughter, Langhorn Kosar/Beckam, Landry and Mayfield

    Not to mention Olivier and Garret .. Paired with Oganjobi and Richardson...

    The pairs we are coming up with are getting downright historic..   If I could speak to the players of this 2019 team I would tell them this.. Give us FIVE YEARS of your life. Put your head down and play your fucking heart out and you will be fucking LEGENDS for life.. How many 25 year olds can even be in that position.. Five years and a Super Bowl win somewhere in there, and they will go down in history.. What more motivation do you need?

    Hell if they go 1-15 next year again, the 2018 season will still go down as one of the best in the new Browns era bar none. I am still re-watching games and highlights..

    BobPound

  • @the-gipper said:

    Didn’t fucking stutter.  I don’t think any of your wide receivers can handle him. live with that fuck stick. 

    Because gipper said so lol. I will look forward to our hall of fame qb and our Corp challenging that claim this year.

    @vagitron said:

    Because gipper said so lol. I will look forward to our hall of fame qb and our Corp challenging that claim this year.

    Your HOF QB still has to have guys open.  If they get catches against him it will probably be a few of the comeback variety.

  • someone tell fagitron that the tackle concerns with greedy were about stopping RB's or TE's......not other wr's that caught tbe ball. 

  • someone tell fagitron that the tackle concerns with greedy were about stopping RB's or TE's......not other wr's that caught tbe ball. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    someone tell fagitron that the tackle concerns with greedy were about stopping RB's or TE's......not other wr's that caught tbe ball. 

    Yep....the same concern they had about Darrelle Revis, Deion, Darrell Green, Richard Sherman, Champ Bailey

  • @clevfan4life said:

    someone tell fagitron that the tackle concerns with greedy were about stopping RB's or TE's......not other wr's that caught tbe ball. 

    Yep....the same concern they had about Darrelle Revis, Deion, Darrell Green, Richard Sherman, Champ Bailey

    @the-gipper said:

    Yep....the same concern they had about Darrelle Revis, Deion, Darrell Green, Richard Sherman, Champ Bailey

    in todays nfl with the rules the way they are, cb's are just not gonna be the 200+lb guided missiles they were inbthe 80's

  • @unsympathetic said:

    He says a lot of things.  Perhaps he's attempting to start a rumor?

    I looked this morning and couldn't find any mention of these concerns.  As they say on the internets, show your proof or it didn't happen..

    Check the date before you claim "bias"

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2019/1/31/18201536/2019-nfl-draft-prospects-lsu-cb-greedy-williams-is-a-double-edged-sword-pittsburgh-steelers 

    https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/greedy-williams-doesnt-come-without-concerns

    Just two mentions of the ten plus I could link. I never said greedy wasn't good. I did say he avoids contact like if he has any he might die. He gives up on plays and his tape didn't improve as the year went on. He isn't much different than Marcus Peter's who is also terrific in coverage but has bounced around the league up to this point. I'm also not jealous. I'd have been pissed off if the steelers drafted him and they didn't because he does not play the run. If the dude would tackle and play hard all the time he'd have gone inside the top ten easy.

    @vagitron said:

    Check the date before you claim "bias"

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2019/1/31/18201536/2019-nfl-draft-prospects-lsu-cb-greedy-williams-is-a-double-edged-sword-pittsburgh-steelers 

    https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/greedy-williams-doesnt-come-without-concerns

    Just two mentions of the ten plus I could link. I never said greedy wasn't good. I did say he avoids contact like if he has any he might die. He gives up on plays and his tape didn't improve as the year went on. He isn't much different than Marcus Peter's who is also terrific in coverage but has bounced around the league up to this point. I'm also not jealous. I'd have been pissed off if the steelers drafted him and they didn't because he does not play the run. If the dude would tackle and play hard all the time he'd have gone inside the top ten easy.

    So he gave up on a few plays = character concerns? Get outta here  with that crap. Character concerns are Joe Mixon or Tyreek Hill. So Williams  got called for a dumb penalty  at a bad time? I suppose  us Browns fans think Mike Tomlin has character  concerns after he tried to trip that guy. That one article  you quoted  compared  him to  Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who didn't  exactly  suck. You can cherry  pick  any player's  tape and find plays where he  got  beat, or was out of  position. 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    someone tell fagitron that the tackle concerns with greedy were about stopping RB's or TE's......not other wr's that caught tbe ball. 

    Yep....the same concern they had about Darrelle Revis, Deion, Darrell Green, Richard Sherman, Champ Bailey

    @the-gipper said:

    Yep....the same concern they had about Darrelle Revis, Deion, Darrell Green, Richard Sherman, Champ Bailey

    You can't  coach sub  4.4 speed. I doubt Williams  is going to  have a Justin Gilbert  attitude. 

    Maybe we should start looking  up bad revues  on Devin Bush? Have  to  be a  few  out there. 

  • I didn't go through all the posts, but I am surprised nobody mentioned to the Steeler fan boy that a big reason Greedy didn't tackle was because he had a shoulder injury. 

    So Vagitron, let's look through the positions and compare. And that inst to say Pitt cant or wont win the North, they certainly could, the Browns are still young and building.

    QB- I'll give Pitt an edge at the moment, but not for the future 

    RB- Browns with the edge

    WR- Browns certainly with the edge

    OL- Steelers certainly 

    DL- Browns slightly 

    LB- Steelers at the moment 

    DB- Browns

    ST- I'll give Pitt a slight edge

    I can see in 2 years Steelers having an edge in 1 category (OL) and possibly 2.

    No reason to come up with stuff to talk negatively about something non football related. I can certainly remember you defending Antonio for everything until he was gone

  • One thing I noticed about vag is he's a parrot, assimmilating and regurgitating message board shit for a long time. I bag on him and his memory for that simple fact...it's easy to remember one's own thoughts, but he's just a clueless fanboy who uses other arguments to troll on other fan boards. It's just easy for me to see his bullshit because I know more about his team than he does.

  • I didn't go through all the posts, but I am surprised nobody mentioned to the Steeler fan boy that a big reason Greedy didn't tackle was because he had a shoulder injury. 

    So Vagitron, let's look through the positions and compare. And that inst to say Pitt cant or wont win the North, they certainly could, the Browns are still young and building.

    QB- I'll give Pitt an edge at the moment, but not for the future 

    RB- Browns with the edge

    WR- Browns certainly with the edge

    OL- Steelers certainly 

    DL- Browns slightly 

    LB- Steelers at the moment 

    DB- Browns

    ST- I'll give Pitt a slight edge

    I can see in 2 years Steelers having an edge in 1 category (OL) and possibly 2.

    No reason to come up with stuff to talk negatively about something non football related. I can certainly remember you defending Antonio for everything until he was gone

    @gunz41 said:

    I didn't go through all the posts, but I am surprised nobody mentioned to the Steeler fan boy that a big reason Greedy didn't tackle was because he had a shoulder injury. 

    So Vagitron, let's look through the positions and compare. And that inst to say Pitt cant or wont win the North, they certainly could, the Browns are still young and building.

    QB- I'll give Pitt an edge at the moment, but not for the future 

    RB- Browns with the edge

    WR- Browns certainly with the edge

    OL- Steelers certainly 

    DL- Browns slightly 

    LB- Steelers at the moment 

    DB- Browns

    ST- I'll give Pitt a slight edge

    I can see in 2 years Steelers having an edge in 1 category (OL) and possibly 2.

    No reason to come up with stuff to talk negatively about something non football related. I can certainly remember you defending Antonio for everything until he was gone

    A long time ago in a galaxy far away, it was tough to find any Browns player who could start for the Steelers. that's no longer the case. Though Vag probably still thinks his Steelers are vastly superior.