Skip to content

draft grade

The Browns Board
19 12 685
  • sluggo - C-

  • At least the Browns didn't draft a kicker,,, again! default_facepalm.gif

  • Williams- A - I dont like alot of his game but he is really good at turning and running with WRs. It's really good value in the mid 2nd.

    Takitaki- F- looks like a decent special teamer but there was too much talent on the board to not hate this pick.

    Redwine- C- the value is better than Takitaki but there was better options. Looks like a good special teamer that could get a few snaps on defense.

    Wilson- A- coverage LBer that can rotate in on passing downs. Good value this late but was overrated by most. 

    Seibert- A- we need a kicker and he is promising. 

    Forbes- C- I dont know anything about him but this late you cant expect much. We missed on OT early so might as well roll the dice.

    Lewis Jr.- C- last pick of the why not

    Overall- B

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Williams- A - I dont like alot of his game but he is really good at turning and running with WRs. It's really good value in the mid 2nd.

    Takitaki- F- looks like a decent special teamer but there was too much talent on the board to not hate this pick.

    Redwine- C- the value is better than Takitaki but there was better options. Looks like a good special teamer that could get a few snaps on defense.

    Wilson- A- coverage LBer that can rotate in on passing downs. Good value this late but was overrated by most. 

    Seibert- A- we need a kicker and he is promising. 

    Forbes- C- I dont know anything about him but this late you cant expect much. We missed on OT early so might as well roll the dice.

    Lewis Jr.- C- last pick of the why not

    Overall- B

    My grade of your grades: X

  • I'm going to give them an A. They hit every need. Since the start of free agency we have done an awesome job of filling in the roster.

    Here was the roster I posted on March 11th:

    QB Mayfield, Stanton

    FB

    RB Chubb, Johnson, Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1 Calloway, Willies, Strong, Ratley

    WR2 Landry, Higgins, Louis, Jackson

    TE Njoku, Devalve, Brown

    LT Robinson, Harrison

    LG Bitonio

    C Tretter

    RG  Corbett

    RT Hubbard

    DE Garrett, Smith

    DT  Ogunjobi, Lawrence

    DT Coley, Price

    DE Ogbah, Zettle, Thomas

    MLB Schoebert, 

    OLB Vernon, Hines

    OLB Kirksey, Avery

    CB Ward , Thomas, Wilson

    CB  Mitchell, Carrie, Burris

    S Randall. Whitehead

    S Peppers, Kindred

    K Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR Hilliard, Peppers

    PR Calloway, Peppers

    Here is the roster today, new guys in green:

    QB B.Mayfield, D.Stanton, G. Gilbert

    FB/H-B O. Charles

    RB  N. Chubb, D. Johnson,  D.Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1  O. Beckham, A. Callaway, D. Willies,  B. Jackson

    WR2 J. Landry, R. Higgins, D .Ratley, J.Strong

    TE D. Njoku, D. Harris, S. Devalve, P. Brown

    LT G. Robinson, D. Harrison

    LG J. Bitonio D. Forbes

    C J.Tretter K. Kalis

    RG  A.Corbett, E. Kush B. Witzmann

    RT C. Hubbard, K. Lamm B. Seaton

    DE M. Garrett, C. Smith, C. Thomas

    DT  Ogunjobi, C. Davis, D. Lawrence

    DT  S. Richardson,T Coley, B. Price

    DE O. Vernon, Zettle,

    MLB Schoebert, M. Wilson R. Armstrong

    OLB G. Avery, A. Taylor, Hines

    OLB C. Kirksey, S. Takitaki

    CB D. Ward , T. Carrie, T. Thomas, J.Burris

    CB  T. Mitchell, G. Williams, D. Lewis,  P. Gaines

    FS D. Randall, S. Redwine, J Whitehead

    SS  M. Burnett, E. Murray 

    K A. Seibert, G. Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR (Hilliard)

    PR (Callaway)

    New starters at WR1, DE, DT and S ... three of them Pro Bowlers.

    Depth added at QB, RB, WR, TE, all across OL, All across LB, All across secondary, and Kicker adressed.

    Zombo

  • I'm going to give them an A. They hit every need. Since the start of free agency we have done an awesome job of filling in the roster.

    Here was the roster I posted on March 11th:

    QB Mayfield, Stanton

    FB

    RB Chubb, Johnson, Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1 Calloway, Willies, Strong, Ratley

    WR2 Landry, Higgins, Louis, Jackson

    TE Njoku, Devalve, Brown

    LT Robinson, Harrison

    LG Bitonio

    C Tretter

    RG  Corbett

    RT Hubbard

    DE Garrett, Smith

    DT  Ogunjobi, Lawrence

    DT Coley, Price

    DE Ogbah, Zettle, Thomas

    MLB Schoebert, 

    OLB Vernon, Hines

    OLB Kirksey, Avery

    CB Ward , Thomas, Wilson

    CB  Mitchell, Carrie, Burris

    S Randall. Whitehead

    S Peppers, Kindred

    K Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR Hilliard, Peppers

    PR Calloway, Peppers

    Here is the roster today, new guys in green:

    QB B.Mayfield, D.Stanton, G. Gilbert

    FB/H-B O. Charles

    RB  N. Chubb, D. Johnson,  D.Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1  O. Beckham, A. Callaway, D. Willies,  B. Jackson

    WR2 J. Landry, R. Higgins, D .Ratley, J.Strong

    TE D. Njoku, D. Harris, S. Devalve, P. Brown

    LT G. Robinson, D. Harrison

    LG J. Bitonio D. Forbes

    C J.Tretter K. Kalis

    RG  A.Corbett, E. Kush B. Witzmann

    RT C. Hubbard, K. Lamm B. Seaton

    DE M. Garrett, C. Smith, C. Thomas

    DT  Ogunjobi, C. Davis, D. Lawrence

    DT  S. Richardson,T Coley, B. Price

    DE O. Vernon, Zettle,

    MLB Schoebert, M. Wilson R. Armstrong

    OLB G. Avery, A. Taylor, Hines

    OLB C. Kirksey, S. Takitaki

    CB D. Ward , T. Carrie, T. Thomas, J.Burris

    CB  T. Mitchell, G. Williams, D. Lewis,  P. Gaines

    FS D. Randall, S. Redwine, J Whitehead

    SS  M. Burnett, E. Murray 

    K A. Seibert, G. Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR (Hilliard)

    PR (Callaway)

    New starters at WR1, DE, DT and S ... three of them Pro Bowlers.

    Depth added at QB, RB, WR, TE, all across OL, All across LB, All across secondary, and Kicker adressed.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I'm going to give them an A. They hit every need. Since the start of free agency we have done an awesome job of filling in the roster.

    Here was the roster I posted on March 11th:

    QB Mayfield, Stanton

    FB

    RB Chubb, Johnson, Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1 Calloway, Willies, Strong, Ratley

    WR2 Landry, Higgins, Louis, Jackson

    TE Njoku, Devalve, Brown

    LT Robinson, Harrison

    LG Bitonio

    C Tretter

    RG  Corbett

    RT Hubbard

    DE Garrett, Smith

    DT  Ogunjobi, Lawrence

    DT Coley, Price

    DE Ogbah, Zettle, Thomas

    MLB Schoebert, 

    OLB Vernon, Hines

    OLB Kirksey, Avery

    CB Ward , Thomas, Wilson

    CB  Mitchell, Carrie, Burris

    S Randall. Whitehead

    S Peppers, Kindred

    K Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR Hilliard, Peppers

    PR Calloway, Peppers

    Here is the roster today, new guys in green:

    QB B.Mayfield, D.Stanton, G. Gilbert

    FB/H-B O. Charles

    RB  N. Chubb, D. Johnson,  D.Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1  O. Beckham, A. Callaway, D. Willies,  B. Jackson

    WR2 J. Landry, R. Higgins, D .Ratley, J.Strong

    TE D. Njoku, D. Harris, S. Devalve, P. Brown

    LT G. Robinson, D. Harrison

    LG J. Bitonio D. Forbes

    C J.Tretter K. Kalis

    RG  A.Corbett, E. Kush B. Witzmann

    RT C. Hubbard, K. Lamm B. Seaton

    DE M. Garrett, C. Smith, C. Thomas

    DT  Ogunjobi, C. Davis, D. Lawrence

    DT  S. Richardson,T Coley, B. Price

    DE O. Vernon, Zettle,

    MLB Schoebert, M. Wilson R. Armstrong

    OLB G. Avery, A. Taylor, Hines

    OLB C. Kirksey, S. Takitaki

    CB D. Ward , T. Carrie, T. Thomas, J.Burris

    CB  T. Mitchell, G. Williams, D. Lewis,  P. Gaines

    FS D. Randall, S. Redwine, J Whitehead

    SS  M. Burnett, E. Murray 

    K A. Seibert, G. Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR (Hilliard)

    PR (Callaway)

    New starters at WR1, DE, DT and S ... three of them Pro Bowlers.

    Depth added at QB, RB, WR, TE, all across OL, All across LB, All across secondary, and Kicker adressed.

    Zombo

    If I counted them correctly, you have 54 in bold, instead of 53.

  • Zombo said:

    I'm going to give them an A. They hit every need. Since the start of free agency we have done an awesome job of filling in the roster.

    Here was the roster I posted on March 11th:

    QB Mayfield, Stanton

    FB

    RB Chubb, Johnson, Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1 Calloway, Willies, Strong, Ratley

    WR2 Landry, Higgins, Louis, Jackson

    TE Njoku, Devalve, Brown

    LT Robinson, Harrison

    LG Bitonio

    C Tretter

    RG  Corbett

    RT Hubbard

    DE Garrett, Smith

    DT  Ogunjobi, Lawrence

    DT Coley, Price

    DE Ogbah, Zettle, Thomas

    MLB Schoebert, 

    OLB Vernon, Hines

    OLB Kirksey, Avery

    CB Ward , Thomas, Wilson

    CB  Mitchell, Carrie, Burris

    S Randall. Whitehead

    S Peppers, Kindred

    K Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR Hilliard, Peppers

    PR Calloway, Peppers

    Here is the roster today, new guys in green:

    QB B.Mayfield, D.Stanton, G. Gilbert

    FB/H-B O. Charles

    RB  N. Chubb, D. Johnson,  D.Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1  O. Beckham, A. Callaway, D. Willies,  B. Jackson

    WR2 J. Landry, R. Higgins, D .Ratley, J.Strong

    TE D. Njoku, D. Harris, S. Devalve, P. Brown

    LT G. Robinson, D. Harrison

    LG J. Bitonio D. Forbes

    C J.Tretter K. Kalis

    RG  A.Corbett, E. Kush B. Witzmann

    RT C. Hubbard, K. Lamm B. Seaton

    DE M. Garrett, C. Smith, C. Thomas

    DT  Ogunjobi, C. Davis, D. Lawrence

    DT  S. Richardson,T Coley, B. Price

    DE O. Vernon, Zettle,

    MLB Schoebert, M. Wilson R. Armstrong

    OLB G. Avery, A. Taylor, Hines

    OLB C. Kirksey, S. Takitaki

    CB D. Ward , T. Carrie, T. Thomas, J.Burris

    CB  T. Mitchell, G. Williams, D. Lewis,  P. Gaines

    FS D. Randall, S. Redwine, J Whitehead

    SS  M. Burnett, E. Murray 

    K A. Seibert, G. Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR (Hilliard)

    PR (Callaway)

    New starters at WR1, DE, DT and S ... three of them Pro Bowlers.

    Depth added at QB, RB, WR, TE, all across OL, All across LB, All across secondary, and Kicker adressed.

    Zombo

    If I counted them correctly, you have 54 in bold, instead of 53.

    @nero said:

    If I counted them correctly, you have 54 in bold, instead of 53.

    He has Taki twice 🙂

  • Zombo said:

    I'm going to give them an A. They hit every need. Since the start of free agency we have done an awesome job of filling in the roster.

    Here was the roster I posted on March 11th:

    QB Mayfield, Stanton

    FB

    RB Chubb, Johnson, Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1 Calloway, Willies, Strong, Ratley

    WR2 Landry, Higgins, Louis, Jackson

    TE Njoku, Devalve, Brown

    LT Robinson, Harrison

    LG Bitonio

    C Tretter

    RG  Corbett

    RT Hubbard

    DE Garrett, Smith

    DT  Ogunjobi, Lawrence

    DT Coley, Price

    DE Ogbah, Zettle, Thomas

    MLB Schoebert, 

    OLB Vernon, Hines

    OLB Kirksey, Avery

    CB Ward , Thomas, Wilson

    CB  Mitchell, Carrie, Burris

    S Randall. Whitehead

    S Peppers, Kindred

    K Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR Hilliard, Peppers

    PR Calloway, Peppers

    Here is the roster today, new guys in green:

    QB B.Mayfield, D.Stanton, G. Gilbert

    FB/H-B O. Charles

    RB  N. Chubb, D. Johnson,  D.Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1  O. Beckham, A. Callaway, D. Willies,  B. Jackson

    WR2 J. Landry, R. Higgins, D .Ratley, J.Strong

    TE D. Njoku, D. Harris, S. Devalve, P. Brown

    LT G. Robinson, D. Harrison

    LG J. Bitonio D. Forbes

    C J.Tretter K. Kalis

    RG  A.Corbett, E. Kush B. Witzmann

    RT C. Hubbard, K. Lamm B. Seaton

    DE M. Garrett, C. Smith, C. Thomas

    DT  Ogunjobi, C. Davis, D. Lawrence

    DT  S. Richardson,T Coley, B. Price

    DE O. Vernon, Zettle,

    MLB Schoebert, M. Wilson R. Armstrong

    OLB G. Avery, A. Taylor, Hines

    OLB C. Kirksey, S. Takitaki

    CB D. Ward , T. Carrie, T. Thomas, J.Burris

    CB  T. Mitchell, G. Williams, D. Lewis,  P. Gaines

    FS D. Randall, S. Redwine, J Whitehead

    SS  M. Burnett, E. Murray 

    K A. Seibert, G. Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR (Hilliard)

    PR (Callaway)

    New starters at WR1, DE, DT and S ... three of them Pro Bowlers.

    Depth added at QB, RB, WR, TE, all across OL, All across LB, All across secondary, and Kicker adressed.

    Zombo

    If I counted them correctly, you have 54 in bold, instead of 53.

    @nero said:

    If I counted them correctly, you have 54 in bold, instead of 53.

    You many have counted the PR and KR ...but they have other positions.

    But upon further review...no, it does seem to be 54.

  • @nero said:

    If I counted them correctly, you have 54 in bold, instead of 53.

    You many have counted the PR and KR ...but they have other positions.

    But upon further review...no, it does seem to be 54.

    @the-gipper said:

    You many have counted the PR and KR ...but they have other positions.

    But upon further review...no, it does seem to be 54.

    I counted twice.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You many have counted the PR and KR ...but they have other positions.

    But upon further review...no, it does seem to be 54.

    I counted twice.

    @nero said:

    I counted twice.

    Well, the guys likely to be in trouble for that final cut could be Ratley, Willies,  B. Price or T. Thomas.

  • Zombo said:

    I'm going to give them an A. They hit every need. Since the start of free agency we have done an awesome job of filling in the roster.

    Here was the roster I posted on March 11th:

    QB Mayfield, Stanton

    FB

    RB Chubb, Johnson, Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1 Calloway, Willies, Strong, Ratley

    WR2 Landry, Higgins, Louis, Jackson

    TE Njoku, Devalve, Brown

    LT Robinson, Harrison

    LG Bitonio

    C Tretter

    RG  Corbett

    RT Hubbard

    DE Garrett, Smith

    DT  Ogunjobi, Lawrence

    DT Coley, Price

    DE Ogbah, Zettle, Thomas

    MLB Schoebert, 

    OLB Vernon, Hines

    OLB Kirksey, Avery

    CB Ward , Thomas, Wilson

    CB  Mitchell, Carrie, Burris

    S Randall. Whitehead

    S Peppers, Kindred

    K Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR Hilliard, Peppers

    PR Calloway, Peppers

    Here is the roster today, new guys in green:

    QB B.Mayfield, D.Stanton, G. Gilbert

    FB/H-B O. Charles

    RB  N. Chubb, D. Johnson,  D.Hilliard (Hunt Susp.)

    WR1  O. Beckham, A. Callaway, D. Willies,  B. Jackson

    WR2 J. Landry, R. Higgins, D .Ratley, J.Strong

    TE D. Njoku, D. Harris, S. Devalve, P. Brown

    LT G. Robinson, D. Harrison

    LG J. Bitonio D. Forbes

    C J.Tretter K. Kalis

    RG  A.Corbett, E. Kush B. Witzmann

    RT C. Hubbard, K. Lamm B. Seaton

    DE M. Garrett, C. Smith, C. Thomas

    DT  Ogunjobi, C. Davis, D. Lawrence

    DT  S. Richardson,T Coley, B. Price

    DE O. Vernon, Zettle,

    MLB Schoebert, M. Wilson R. Armstrong

    OLB G. Avery, A. Taylor, Hines

    OLB C. Kirksey, S. Takitaki

    CB D. Ward , T. Carrie, T. Thomas, J.Burris

    CB  T. Mitchell, G. Williams, D. Lewis,  P. Gaines

    FS D. Randall, S. Redwine, J Whitehead

    SS  M. Burnett, E. Murray 

    K A. Seibert, G. Joseph

    P Colquitt

    LS Hughlett

    KR (Hilliard)

    PR (Callaway)

    New starters at WR1, DE, DT and S ... three of them Pro Bowlers.

    Depth added at QB, RB, WR, TE, all across OL, All across LB, All across secondary, and Kicker adressed.

    Zombo

    If I counted them correctly, you have 54 in bold, instead of 53.

    @nero said:

    If I counted them correctly, you have 54 in bold, instead of 53.

    OK, I am cutting DT Brian Price.

    Zombo

  • @nero said:

    If I counted them correctly, you have 54 in bold, instead of 53.

    OK, I am cutting DT Brian Price.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    OK, I am cutting DT Brian Price.

    Zombo

    No, not him! Why??? 

    Such a cruel world.

  • From Pro Football Analyst

    D5WDBWKWkAEMCsS.jpg

  • @texasag1969 said:

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001028874/article/2019-nfl-draft-final-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams

    My opinion  on that article? "Thank you for  participating  in the 2019 NFL  Draft". No grade lower than a  C. Even though Giants fans are ready to run Gettelman out of  town for drafting  Daniel  Jones.

  • B-

    Do not included the obj factor.

    @lbc-mike said:

    B-

    Do not included the obj factor.

    I'll try, but since it was the reason we did not have a 1st-round pick, it kinda has to be factored in...

    If I go pick by and see if there was a player taken between our picks that I'd rather have:

    • 2.14 - Greedy - couple Safeties jump out at me... Adderly at 2.28 and Thornhill at 2.31... I'd lean Thornhill.
    • 3.17 - Stone - Justin Layne (CB) at 3.20 and Hjalte Froholdt (OT.og) 4.16 jump out... I like the inside/outside depth the latter adds
    • 4.17 - Redwine - Isaiah Johnson (CB) at 4.27 is the clear choice here.
    • 5.17 - Mack Wilson - I don't see a better value at this pick.
    • 5.32 - Selbert - Sutton Smith (OLB - NIU) at 6.02 intrigues me.
    • 6.17 - Forbes - meh.... this late it's harder to get picky, but both Buggs(DT) at 6.20 and maybe Gilbert (OLB) would get consideration.
    • 7.07 - Lewis - great area for CBs... I might look at a DT or two here... Broughton at 7.28 is one.
  • @lbc-mike said:

    B-

    Do not included the obj factor.

    I'll try, but since it was the reason we did not have a 1st-round pick, it kinda has to be factored in...

    If I go pick by and see if there was a player taken between our picks that I'd rather have:

    • 2.14 - Greedy - couple Safeties jump out at me... Adderly at 2.28 and Thornhill at 2.31... I'd lean Thornhill.
    • 3.17 - Stone - Justin Layne (CB) at 3.20 and Hjalte Froholdt (OT.og) 4.16 jump out... I like the inside/outside depth the latter adds
    • 4.17 - Redwine - Isaiah Johnson (CB) at 4.27 is the clear choice here.
    • 5.17 - Mack Wilson - I don't see a better value at this pick.
    • 5.32 - Selbert - Sutton Smith (OLB - NIU) at 6.02 intrigues me.
    • 6.17 - Forbes - meh.... this late it's harder to get picky, but both Buggs(DT) at 6.20 and maybe Gilbert (OLB) would get consideration.
    • 7.07 - Lewis - great area for CBs... I might look at a DT or two here... Broughton at 7.28 is one.

    @tour2ma said:

    I'll try, but since it was the reason we did not have a 1st-round pick, it kinda has to be factored in...

    If I go pick by and see if there was a player taken between our picks that I'd rather have:

    • 2.14 - Greedy - couple Safeties jump out at me... Adderly at 2.28 and Thornhill at 2.31... I'd lean Thornhill.
    • 3.17 - Stone - Justin Layne (CB) at 3.20 and Hjalte Froholdt (OT.og) 4.16 jump out... I like the inside/outside depth the latter adds
    • 4.17 - Redwine - Isaiah Johnson (CB) at 4.27 is the clear choice here.
    • 5.17 - Mack Wilson - I don't see a better value at this pick.
    • 5.32 - Selbert - Sutton Smith (OLB - NIU) at 6.02 intrigues me.
    • 6.17 - Forbes - meh.... this late it's harder to get picky, but both Buggs(DT) at 6.20 and maybe Gilbert (OLB) would get consideration.
    • 7.07 - Lewis - great area for CBs... I might look at a DT or two here... Broughton at 7.28 is one.

    Just one comment here Tour- it has to tear Justin Layne up that he was drafted by the Steelers, he grew up in Cleveland and is a huge Browns fan. Wanted the Browns to draft him.  🙁  

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'll try, but since it was the reason we did not have a 1st-round pick, it kinda has to be factored in...

    If I go pick by and see if there was a player taken between our picks that I'd rather have:

    • 2.14 - Greedy - couple Safeties jump out at me... Adderly at 2.28 and Thornhill at 2.31... I'd lean Thornhill.
    • 3.17 - Stone - Justin Layne (CB) at 3.20 and Hjalte Froholdt (OT.og) 4.16 jump out... I like the inside/outside depth the latter adds
    • 4.17 - Redwine - Isaiah Johnson (CB) at 4.27 is the clear choice here.
    • 5.17 - Mack Wilson - I don't see a better value at this pick.
    • 5.32 - Selbert - Sutton Smith (OLB - NIU) at 6.02 intrigues me.
    • 6.17 - Forbes - meh.... this late it's harder to get picky, but both Buggs(DT) at 6.20 and maybe Gilbert (OLB) would get consideration.
    • 7.07 - Lewis - great area for CBs... I might look at a DT or two here... Broughton at 7.28 is one.

    Just one comment here Tour- it has to tear Justin Layne up that he was drafted by the Steelers, he grew up in Cleveland and is a huge Browns fan. Wanted the Browns to draft him.  🙁  

    @hoorta said:

    Just one comment here Tour- it has to tear Justin Layne up that he was drafted by the Steelers, he grew up in Cleveland and is a huge Browns fan. Wanted the Browns to draft him.  🙁  

    If Greedy Williams had been picked I think the Browns would have.

    The Browns took Layne out for dinner TWO days before the draft.