Skip to content

The Scottish Hammer

The Browns Board
149 28 5.2k 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    I was smart enough to never open the Manziel one to save as an antique. But the new Garrett one may just have to come out of the plastic on his 20th sack of the season.? And I'm hoping for an Astros 2019 World Champs companion to my 2017 still in plastic.

    šŸ™‚ IĀ  stillĀ  have a #2 Couch Jersey gatheringĀ  dust in theĀ  basement.Ā  After that bad investmentĀ  IĀ  came up with aĀ  more permanentĀ  solution. #46 + "Your Name " is good forever. IIRC, CantonĀ  Mike has one ofĀ  those also.

    @hoorta said:

    šŸ™‚ IĀ  stillĀ  have a #2 Couch Jersey gatheringĀ  dust in theĀ  basement.Ā  After that bad investmentĀ  IĀ  came up with aĀ  more permanentĀ  solution. #46 + "Your Name " is good forever. IIRC, CantonĀ  Mike has one ofĀ  those also.

    Right again Larry.  😁

    #46= Browns 1st year, my year of birth, & Don Fleming's retired #. Couldn't miss on that one.

    Mike

  • 67534239_2072904236339547_516915635019375104_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com

    There IS only one. Glad we have him. Shirt from Szabo Apparel in Vermilion, Ohio. I'm a real Fan of these folks.

    Mike

  • 67534239_2072904236339547_516915635019375104_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com

    There IS only one. Glad we have him. Shirt from Szabo Apparel in Vermilion, Ohio. I'm a real Fan of these folks.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    67534239_2072904236339547_516915635019375104_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com

    There IS only one. Glad we have him. Shirt from Szabo Apparel in Vermilion, Ohio. I'm a real Fan of these folks.

    Mike

    It's not up on the website yetĀ Mike very nice- going to get one..Ā  A lot of my blood donation Ts are getting to the end of the line anyway...Ā Ā 

  • 67534239_2072904236339547_516915635019375104_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com

    There IS only one. Glad we have him. Shirt from Szabo Apparel in Vermilion, Ohio. I'm a real Fan of these folks.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    67534239_2072904236339547_516915635019375104_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com

    There IS only one. Glad we have him. Shirt from Szabo Apparel in Vermilion, Ohio. I'm a real Fan of these folks.

    Mike

    Well....if you must know.....Gillan is a sept of the Clan McClean...NOT Clan McCleod. Ā 

    My Scottish side of the family....The Gipper's are a sept of the Clan Buchanan.

  • @canton-mike said:

    67534239_2072904236339547_516915635019375104_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com

    There IS only one. Glad we have him. Shirt from Szabo Apparel in Vermilion, Ohio. I'm a real Fan of these folks.

    Mike

    Well....if you must know.....Gillan is a sept of the Clan McClean...NOT Clan McCleod. Ā 

    My Scottish side of the family....The Gipper's are a sept of the Clan Buchanan.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....if you must know.....Gillan is a sept of the Clan McClean...NOT Clan McCleod. Ā 

    My Scottish side of the family....The Gipper's are a sept of the Clan Buchanan.

    Details, details, it's like Jamie having to tell OBJ he had that kilt on backwards, bet 99.9% of the folks at that party didn't know the difference.Ā Ā 

  • @canton-mike said:

    67534239_2072904236339547_516915635019375104_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com

    There IS only one. Glad we have him. Shirt from Szabo Apparel in Vermilion, Ohio. I'm a real Fan of these folks.

    Mike

    It's not up on the website yetĀ Mike very nice- going to get one..Ā  A lot of my blood donation Ts are getting to the end of the line anyway...Ā Ā 

    @hoorta said:

    It's not up on the website yetĀ Mike very nice- going to get one..Ā  A lot of my blood donation Ts are getting to the end of the line anyway...Ā Ā 

    BTW, I contacted Szabo, and the shirt isn't available- yet. That's just a prototype. They're working out the details with Jamie to get his OK to ramp up production. Of course, he's entitled to a cut of the proceeds.Ā  šŸ™‚Ā  Ā 

  • who in the fuck did he beat out Colguitt ? i honestly just thought the hammer was just i gimmick thing

  • who in the fuck did he beat out Colguitt ? i honestly just thought the hammer was just i gimmick thing

    @atom said:

    who in the fuck did he beat out Colguitt ? i honestly just thought the hammer was just i gimmick thing

    Ketchup baby tomato!??

  • who in the fuck did he beat out Colguitt ? i honestly just thought the hammer was just i gimmick thing

    @atom said:

    who in the fuck did he beat out Colguitt ? i honestly just thought the hammer was just i gimmick thing

    He looks good. Solid kicks and likes to get in on tackles. His weak point would be on FG and PAT holds. And from the reports I’ve read have him doing a whole lot of practice on that. After last years STs we should be pretty good this time around.Ā 

  • https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/22/scottish-hammer-how-jamie-gillan-went-scotland-an-hbcu-browns-rookie-standout/%3foutputType=amp

    Sharing this very fun read about Gillan. I didn’t realize Arkansas Pine Bluff is an historical black college.

  • https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/22/scottish-hammer-how-jamie-gillan-went-scotland-an-hbcu-browns-rookie-standout/%3foutputType=amp

    Sharing this very fun read about Gillan. I didn’t realize Arkansas Pine Bluff is an historical black college.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/22/scottish-hammer-how-jamie-gillan-went-scotland-an-hbcu-browns-rookie-standout/%3foutputType=amp

    Sharing this very fun read about Gillan. I didn’t realize Arkansas Pine Bluff is an historical black college.

    He is unique. Likes to tackle and takes his job to heart. Off to a good start too.Ā 

  • Named ST player of the month. Looking more and more like a very wise pick up

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001061476/article/mahomes-mccaffrey-among-players-of-the-month

  • I’m just so unsure having a Rookie kicker and punter with how good this squad is.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I’m just so unsure having a Rookie kicker and punter with how good this squad is.

    Welp, I'm willing to eat some crow on this one. Anyone need a fork?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I was smart enough to never open the Manziel one to save as an antique. But the new Garrett one may just have to come out of the plastic on his 20th sack of the season.? And I'm hoping for an Astros 2019 World Champs companion to my 2017 still in plastic.

    šŸ™‚ IĀ  stillĀ  have a #2 Couch Jersey gatheringĀ  dust in theĀ  basement.Ā  After that bad investmentĀ  IĀ  came up with aĀ  more permanentĀ  solution. #46 + "Your Name " is good forever. IIRC, CantonĀ  Mike has one ofĀ  those also.

    @hoorta said:

    šŸ™‚ IĀ  stillĀ  have a #2 Couch Jersey gatheringĀ  dust in theĀ  basement.Ā  After that bad investmentĀ  IĀ  came up with aĀ  more permanentĀ  solution. #46 + "Your Name " is good forever. IIRC, CantonĀ  Mike has one ofĀ  those also.

    I'm still stuck with a Browns AND a White Couch jersey. I was so happy to have our team back. Poor Couch, never had a chance.

    Jerseys for sale. Maybe I'll see if Canton Mike or Flugels will trade me a Scottish Hammer football card for em.....

    who, btw, was named AFC Special Teams player of the month for September!

    Browns punter Jamie Gillan named AFC Special ... - msn.com

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-punter...

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns punter Jamie Gillan was an undrafted free agent trying to beat out a veteran at his position a little over a month ago. Now, he’s the AFC Special Teams Player of the .

  • @hoorta said:

    šŸ™‚ IĀ  stillĀ  have a #2 Couch Jersey gatheringĀ  dust in theĀ  basement.Ā  After that bad investmentĀ  IĀ  came up with aĀ  more permanentĀ  solution. #46 + "Your Name " is good forever. IIRC, CantonĀ  Mike has one ofĀ  those also.

    I'm still stuck with a Browns AND a White Couch jersey. I was so happy to have our team back. Poor Couch, never had a chance.

    Jerseys for sale. Maybe I'll see if Canton Mike or Flugels will trade me a Scottish Hammer football card for em.....

    who, btw, was named AFC Special Teams player of the month for September!

    Browns punter Jamie Gillan named AFC Special ... - msn.com

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-punter...

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns punter Jamie Gillan was an undrafted free agent trying to beat out a veteran at his position a little over a month ago. Now, he’s the AFC Special Teams Player of the .

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm still stuck with a Browns AND a White Couch jersey. I was so happy to have our team back. Poor Couch, never had a chance.

    Jerseys for sale. Maybe I'll see if Canton Mike or Flugels will trade me a Scottish Hammer football card for em.....

    who, btw, was named AFC Special Teams player of the month for September!

    Browns punter Jamie Gillan named AFC Special ... - msn.com

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-punter...

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns punter Jamie Gillan was an undrafted free agent trying to beat out a veteran at his position a little over a month ago. Now, he’s the AFC Special Teams Player of the .

    That’s pretty cool. Kinda wondering what’s going on in the world of special teams though if a punter who has simply done a solid job gets this award? Have there been any punts or kicks run back for a TD this year? Usually that guy gets that award. Or the FG kicker making a few long ones.

  • @hoorta said:

    But it'sĀ  not baseball.Ā  Punting isn'tĀ  the equivalent of startingĀ  pitching.Ā  That's yourĀ  qb. NeverĀ  said ColquittĀ  wasn'tĀ  good ( BTW, he justĀ  gotĀ  signed by theĀ  Vikings) just that Gilian was even- maybe even ahead- in theĀ  competitionĀ  at this point.Ā Ā 

    ForĀ  sure, the superiorĀ  athlete.Ā  He'sĀ  alwaysĀ  goingĀ  to beĀ  aĀ  threat on fakeĀ  punts and FGs.Ā 

    And I was impressed that he's actually a real part of the punt return stoppers. The guy can fight through blocks and hit people. He still needs to get better hang time so he doesn't outkick the coverage or learn to kick it long and OOBs for no return.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I was impressed that he's actually a real part of the punt return stoppers. The guy can fight through blocks and hit people. He still needs to get better hang time so he doesn't outkick the coverage or learn to kick it long and OOBs for no return.

    The need to have him do a pre game workout on the field that involves him doing this....Fuckin' A! Intimidate the other teams.

    giphy.gif

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And I was impressed that he's actually a real part of the punt return stoppers. The guy can fight through blocks and hit people. He still needs to get better hang time so he doesn't outkick the coverage or learn to kick it long and OOBs for no return.

    The need to have him do a pre game workout on the field that involves him doing this....Fuckin' A! Intimidate the other teams.

    giphy.gif

    @the-gipper said:

    The need to have him do a pre game workout on the field that involves him doing this....Fuckin' A! Intimidate the other teams.

    giphy.gif

    Can he land it inside the ten and what’s the hang time?Ā 

    Its a caper I think. A light one... lol

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I’m just so unsure having a Rookie kicker and punter with how good this squad is.

    Welp, I'm willing to eat some crow on this one. Anyone need a fork?

    @jrb12711 said:

    Welp, I'm willing to eat some crow on this one. Anyone need a fork?

    LoL..weĀ surely can'tĀ beĀ alone..Ā folk please..as soon as i read the camp notes thatĀ the thunder foot of ScotlandĀ never took a FG snap, let alone hold for a kick..I Never thought they would give him the nod over Colquitt.. to ST Player of the Month..dawgs that's quite feat..I heard on redzone last night, Phifer was the coach pounding the table to keep Hammer..another win/win..Ā I'll continue to just playĀ fanĀ ?..Ā 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Welp, I'm willing to eat some crow on this one. Anyone need a fork?

    LoL..weĀ surely can'tĀ beĀ alone..Ā folk please..as soon as i read the camp notes thatĀ the thunder foot of ScotlandĀ never took a FG snap, let alone hold for a kick..I Never thought they would give him the nod over Colquitt.. to ST Player of the Month..dawgs that's quite feat..I heard on redzone last night, Phifer was the coach pounding the table to keep Hammer..another win/win..Ā I'll continue to just playĀ fanĀ ?..Ā 

    @gumby73 said:

    LoL..weĀ surely can'tĀ beĀ alone..Ā folk please..as soon as i read the camp notes thatĀ the thunder foot of ScotlandĀ never took a FG snap, let alone hold for a kick..I Never thought they would give him the nod over Colquitt.. to ST Player of the Month..dawgs that's quite feat..I heard on redzone last night, Phifer was the coach pounding the table to keep Hammer..another win/win..Ā I'll continue to just playĀ fanĀ ?..Ā 

    I was on Hammer's bandwagon from the get-go. Far younger, stronger, but what really sold me was the ATTITUDE I saw in interviews & when he was working. The only concern I had was his holding for the kicker, but that has been answered.

    My guess is that the top selling CUSTOM jersey this year will be #7 with HAMMER (not GILLAN) on the back.

    Mike

  • @gumby73 said:

    LoL..weĀ surely can'tĀ beĀ alone..Ā folk please..as soon as i read the camp notes thatĀ the thunder foot of ScotlandĀ never took a FG snap, let alone hold for a kick..I Never thought they would give him the nod over Colquitt.. to ST Player of the Month..dawgs that's quite feat..I heard on redzone last night, Phifer was the coach pounding the table to keep Hammer..another win/win..Ā I'll continue to just playĀ fanĀ ?..Ā 

    I was on Hammer's bandwagon from the get-go. Far younger, stronger, but what really sold me was the ATTITUDE I saw in interviews & when he was working. The only concern I had was his holding for the kicker, but that has been answered.

    My guess is that the top selling CUSTOM jersey this year will be #7 with HAMMER (not GILLAN) on the back.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    My guess is that the top selling CUSTOM jersey this year will be #7 with HAMMER (not GILLAN) on the back.

    Mike

    WHile walking to the gate ...#1) Please Keep all CHUBB jerseys at your right shoulder..HAMMER CHUBB (never reverse the order 😮) #2) Get that Danny Shelton Lava Lava to a tailor shop & shorten it up to a Hammer style Kilt...good luck & a old leghumper maybe required ?