Skip to content

BROWNS & INDIANS SCHEDULES - September 2019......both in playoff contention?

The Tribe Board
30 8 599
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    How can a team be in playoff contention when their season hasn't even started?  (Browns)....We need to go quite a bit further into the season to make that claim.

  • How can a team be in playoff contention when their season hasn't even started?  (Browns)....We need to go quite a bit further into the season to make that claim.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #4

    @the-gipper said:

    How can a team be in playoff contention when their season hasn't even started?  (Browns)....We need to go quite a bit further into the season to make that claim.

    They are the favorites to win their division.....besides I didn't want it too wordy. Ok one contender one hopeful?

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #5

    For the sake of argument, only two words come to mind 

    Cleveland Rocks!

  • @the-gipper said:

    How can a team be in playoff contention when their season hasn't even started?  (Browns)....We need to go quite a bit further into the season to make that claim.

    They are the favorites to win their division.....besides I didn't want it too wordy. Ok one contender one hopeful?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @mjp28 said:

    They are the favorites to win their division.....besides I didn't want it too wordy. Ok one contender one hopeful?

    That does not make them playoff contenders...yet.  That status cannot be bestowed until about half way through the season...imo.

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #7

    There is no reason the Indians don't make the playoffs, The Browns we are waiting to see what they look like come season starts and as far as the young Cavs team?? We hope they maybe win 20 games this season? Only 19 wins last year, K. Love did miss most of the season last year I believe he only played in 22 games and out of the 22 games he did average 20 points per game and with sexton coming in his second season "Young Bull" should add some spark to the team. 

  • There is no reason the Indians don't make the playoffs, The Browns we are waiting to see what they look like come season starts and as far as the young Cavs team?? We hope they maybe win 20 games this season? Only 19 wins last year, K. Love did miss most of the season last year I believe he only played in 22 games and out of the 22 games he did average 20 points per game and with sexton coming in his second season "Young Bull" should add some spark to the team. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @medicineman said:

    There is no reason the Indians don't make the playoffs

    I don't know, this season seems to be shaping up to be one where a team can win 93, 94 games and still get shut out.

    The Indians have their best record at this point of the season since '99, but if the season ended last night, they'd be on the outside looking in. 

  • @medicineman said:

    There is no reason the Indians don't make the playoffs

    I don't know, this season seems to be shaping up to be one where a team can win 93, 94 games and still get shut out.

    The Indians have their best record at this point of the season since '99, but if the season ended last night, they'd be on the outside looking in. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't know, this season seems to be shaping up to be one where a team can win 93, 94 games and still get shut out.

    The Indians have their best record at this point of the season since '99, but if the season ended last night, they'd be on the outside looking in. 

    Actually, as it stands they would have the first wildcard.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't know, this season seems to be shaping up to be one where a team can win 93, 94 games and still get shut out.

    The Indians have their best record at this point of the season since '99, but if the season ended last night, they'd be on the outside looking in. 

    Actually, as it stands they would have the first wildcard.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @the-gipper said:

    Actually, as it stands they would have the first wildcard.

    Going into sunday's games. I still think Cleveland can win their division if the new bats heat up and Kluber comes back strong.

    Kluber, Clevinger, Beiber a strong playoff top three.

    Screenshot_2019-08-25_114640.jpg

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't know, this season seems to be shaping up to be one where a team can win 93, 94 games and still get shut out.

    The Indians have their best record at this point of the season since '99, but if the season ended last night, they'd be on the outside looking in. 

    Actually, as it stands they would have the first wildcard.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    Actually, as it stands they would have the first wildcard.

    Sweet, perhaps it was after the Mets debacle of a series that they dropped to third in the wild card. 

    Looks like the Indians are going to have to win about 95 games to get into the playoffs. I thought this was a 85 win team going into the season, so I'm shocked by how they've turned things around. 

  • How can a team be in playoff contention when their season hasn't even started?  (Browns)....We need to go quite a bit further into the season to make that claim.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @the-gipper said:

    How can a team be in playoff contention when their season hasn't even started?  (Browns)....We need to go quite a bit further into the season to make that claim.

    Thinking exact same. Not even 1 game has been played (or won) and we assume playoff bound?

  • @the-gipper said:

    How can a team be in playoff contention when their season hasn't even started?  (Browns)....We need to go quite a bit further into the season to make that claim.

    Thinking exact same. Not even 1 game has been played (or won) and we assume playoff bound?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @icecube said:

    Thinking exact same. Not even 1 game has been played (or won) and we assume playoff bound?

    Whoa easy, I was just putting it out there without getting too complicated.

    Besides I typed:

     - September 2019......both in playoff contention?

    One in the running now and the other one is the odds on favorite. Besides I also used a question mark not an exclamation point, get it?   😉

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Indians = YAWN . I'm gonna move this As soon as I get back from  Tampa. Keep baseball  stuff in the  baseball  forum. They lost another thrilling  defeat, meaning almost nothing. 

  • Indians = YAWN . I'm gonna move this As soon as I get back from  Tampa. Keep baseball  stuff in the  baseball  forum. They lost another thrilling  defeat, meaning almost nothing. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @hoorta said:

    Indians = YAWN . I'm gonna move this As soon as I get back from  Tampa. Keep baseball  stuff in the  baseball  forum. They lost another thrilling  defeat, meaning almost nothing. 

    Communist!!

  • @hoorta said:

    Indians = YAWN . I'm gonna move this As soon as I get back from  Tampa. Keep baseball  stuff in the  baseball  forum. They lost another thrilling  defeat, meaning almost nothing. 

    Communist!!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    Communist!!

    LOL!!! Need a nap? Just turn on a baseball game. 

    How 'bout those Totenham Hot Spurs?  A team you can get behind.  🙂 Watched their match yesterday while I was still in Clearwater.  

    https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur-team-schedule?competition=1&season=2019

  • @the-gipper said:

    Communist!!

    LOL!!! Need a nap? Just turn on a baseball game. 

    How 'bout those Totenham Hot Spurs?  A team you can get behind.  🙂 Watched their match yesterday while I was still in Clearwater.  

    https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur-team-schedule?competition=1&season=2019

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @hoorta said:

    LOL!!! Need a nap? Just turn on a baseball game. 

    How 'bout those Totenham Hot Spurs?  A team you can get behind.  🙂 Watched their match yesterday while I was still in Clearwater.  

    https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur-team-schedule?competition=1&season=2019

    Now that would put me to sleep.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Communist!!

    LOL!!! Need a nap? Just turn on a baseball game. 

    How 'bout those Totenham Hot Spurs?  A team you can get behind.  🙂 Watched their match yesterday while I was still in Clearwater.  

    https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur-team-schedule?competition=1&season=2019

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #18

    @hoorta said:

    LOL!!! Need a nap? Just turn on a baseball game. 

    How 'bout those Totenham Hot Spurs?  A team you can get behind.  🙂 Watched their match yesterday while I was still in Clearwater.  

    https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur-team-schedule?competition=1&season=2019

    So, you needed a nap and turned on a boring soccer game. Did anyone even score a point/goal/run/whittlepuss, whatever they call a score in that game?

    Here is perhaps the only thing entertaining about a Hottentot game:

    Pitch-invader.png

    I mean, ever their streakers don't have enough sense to take their clothes off.

  • @hoorta said:

    LOL!!! Need a nap? Just turn on a baseball game. 

    How 'bout those Totenham Hot Spurs?  A team you can get behind.  🙂 Watched their match yesterday while I was still in Clearwater.  

    https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur-team-schedule?competition=1&season=2019

    So, you needed a nap and turned on a boring soccer game. Did anyone even score a point/goal/run/whittlepuss, whatever they call a score in that game?

    Here is perhaps the only thing entertaining about a Hottentot game:

    Pitch-invader.png

    I mean, ever their streakers don't have enough sense to take their clothes off.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #19

    @the-gipper said:

    So, you needed a nap and turned on a boring soccer game. Did anyone even score a point/goal/run/whittlepuss, whatever they call a score in that game?

    Here is perhaps the only thing entertaining about a Hottentot game:

    Boo-hoo. So there's not a lot of scoring in soccer? The sport was designed to be that way. Not much scoring as a rule in the NHL either. So just turn off those boring 1-0 pitchers duels in MLB while you're at it, same difference if you're on the losing end- come on guys hit a home run.   

    BTW the Hotspurs lost 1-0. BTW, 59,000 in attendance. Yar- no TV timeouts when the clock is running, big plus over commercial laden NFL games. And there's more action in 10 minutes of a soccer match than an entire MLB game- unless a team shellacs a pitcher and turns it into home run derby.  Don't care if you find soccer boring- too bad the rest of the world doesn't agree with you. I've said it before, I played competitive tennis for years, good enough to get a city ranking- and I usually find tennis on the tube to be pretty boring. So there.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, you needed a nap and turned on a boring soccer game. Did anyone even score a point/goal/run/whittlepuss, whatever they call a score in that game?

    Here is perhaps the only thing entertaining about a Hottentot game:

    Boo-hoo. So there's not a lot of scoring in soccer? The sport was designed to be that way. Not much scoring as a rule in the NHL either. So just turn off those boring 1-0 pitchers duels in MLB while you're at it, same difference if you're on the losing end- come on guys hit a home run.   

    BTW the Hotspurs lost 1-0. BTW, 59,000 in attendance. Yar- no TV timeouts when the clock is running, big plus over commercial laden NFL games. And there's more action in 10 minutes of a soccer match than an entire MLB game- unless a team shellacs a pitcher and turns it into home run derby.  Don't care if you find soccer boring- too bad the rest of the world doesn't agree with you. I've said it before, I played competitive tennis for years, good enough to get a city ranking- and I usually find tennis on the tube to be pretty boring. So there.  

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @hoorta said:

    Boo-hoo. So there's not a lot of scoring in soccer? The sport was designed to be that way. Not much scoring as a rule in the NHL either. So just turn off those boring 1-0 pitchers duels in MLB while you're at it, same difference if you're on the losing end- come on guys hit a home run.   

    BTW the Hotspurs lost 1-0. BTW, 59,000 in attendance. Yar- no TV timeouts when the clock is running, big plus over commercial laden NFL games. And there's more action in 10 minutes of a soccer match than an entire MLB game- unless a team shellacs a pitcher and turns it into home run derby.  Don't care if you find soccer boring- too bad the rest of the world doesn't agree with you. I've said it before, I played competitive tennis for years, good enough to get a city ranking- and I usually find tennis on the tube to be pretty boring. So there.  

    Soccer blows.  Baseball rocks.

  • @hoorta said:

    Boo-hoo. So there's not a lot of scoring in soccer? The sport was designed to be that way. Not much scoring as a rule in the NHL either. So just turn off those boring 1-0 pitchers duels in MLB while you're at it, same difference if you're on the losing end- come on guys hit a home run.   

    BTW the Hotspurs lost 1-0. BTW, 59,000 in attendance. Yar- no TV timeouts when the clock is running, big plus over commercial laden NFL games. And there's more action in 10 minutes of a soccer match than an entire MLB game- unless a team shellacs a pitcher and turns it into home run derby.  Don't care if you find soccer boring- too bad the rest of the world doesn't agree with you. I've said it before, I played competitive tennis for years, good enough to get a city ranking- and I usually find tennis on the tube to be pretty boring. So there.  

    Soccer blows.  Baseball rocks.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Soccer blows.  Baseball rocks.

    To each their own. I realize there's still plenty of folks in the US that can't stand soccer. It's just that they're a shrinking breed, and probably most who say soccer blows are on the high side of 50....  🙂  

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Soccer blows.  Baseball rocks.

    To each their own. I realize there's still plenty of folks in the US that can't stand soccer. It's just that they're a shrinking breed, and probably most who say soccer blows are on the high side of 50....  🙂  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @hoorta said:

    To each their own. I realize there's still plenty of folks in the US that can't stand soccer. It's just that they're a shrinking breed, and probably most who say soccer blows are on the high side of 50....  🙂  

    Soccer maybe fun to play but still boring as hell to watch. 😴