Skip to content

Andrew Luck

Locked The Browns Board
186 34 4.3k 2
  • @bjh2130 said:

    Also they actually did start their starters and then sat the offensive guys at half time.  The majority of the defensive players played pretty much the whole game. 

    Um check the stats for those games- Ben, Brown, and Bell are nowhere to be found.  

    And finally-  I'll let Gipper believe whatever he wants to. He's starting to show some dangerous Ghoolie tendencies, and not just in this thread. The Hoorta has a vineyard to harvest today, so I'm done arguing.  

    Image result for beat dead horse meme

    @hoorta said:

    Um check the stats for those games- Ben, Brown, and Bell are nowhere to be found.  

    And finally-  I'll let Gipper believe whatever he wants to. He's starting to show some dangerous Ghoolie tendencies, and not just in this thread. The Hoorta has a vineyard to harvest today, so I'm done arguing.  

    Image result for beat dead horse meme

    I'm talking about the colts vs the tits game in 2007. Peyton was 14/16 for 95 yards.  Addai had a handful of carries.  Wayne had some catches and a drive ending fumble inside the tits 20. Bob Sanders was second in the team on tackles.  The colts played almost all their starters for the first half. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Also they actually did start their starters and then sat the offensive guys at half time.  The majority of the defensive players played pretty much the whole game. 

    Um check the stats for those games- Ben, Brown, and Bell are nowhere to be found.  

    And finally-  I'll let Gipper believe whatever he wants to. He's starting to show some dangerous Ghoolie tendencies, and not just in this thread. The Hoorta has a vineyard to harvest today, so I'm done arguing.  

    Image result for beat dead horse meme

    @hoorta said:

    Um check the stats for those games- Ben, Brown, and Bell are nowhere to be found.  

    And finally-  I'll let Gipper believe whatever he wants to. He's starting to show some dangerous Ghoolie tendencies, and not just in this thread. The Hoorta has a vineyard to harvest today, so I'm done arguing.  

    Image result for beat dead horse meme

    I've noticed the same thing Hoorta

  • @hoorta said:

    Um check the stats for those games- Ben, Brown, and Bell are nowhere to be found.  

    And finally-  I'll let Gipper believe whatever he wants to. He's starting to show some dangerous Ghoolie tendencies, and not just in this thread. The Hoorta has a vineyard to harvest today, so I'm done arguing.  

    Image result for beat dead horse meme

    I'm talking about the colts vs the tits game in 2007. Peyton was 14/16 for 95 yards.  Addai had a handful of carries.  Wayne had some catches and a drive ending fumble inside the tits 20. Bob Sanders was second in the team on tackles.  The colts played almost all their starters for the first half. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    I'm talking about the colts vs the tits game in 2007. Peyton was 14/16 for 95 yards.  Addai had a handful of carries.  Wayne had some catches and a drive ending fumble inside the tits 20. Bob Sanders was second in the team on tackles.  The colts played almost all their starters for the first half. 

    You mean to tell me that Gipper with all his whining and finding a way to tell everyone they are wrong was the one who was wrong? I'm shocked. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Also they actually did start their starters and then sat the offensive guys at half time.  The majority of the defensive players played pretty much the whole game. 

    Um check the stats for those games- Ben, Brown, and Bell are nowhere to be found.  

    And finally-  I'll let Gipper believe whatever he wants to. He's starting to show some dangerous Ghoolie tendencies, and not just in this thread. The Hoorta has a vineyard to harvest today, so I'm done arguing.  

    Image result for beat dead horse meme

    @hoorta said:

    Um check the stats for those games- Ben, Brown, and Bell are nowhere to be found.  

    And finally-  I'll let Gipper believe whatever he wants to. He's starting to show some dangerous Ghoolie tendencies, and not just in this thread. The Hoorta has a vineyard to harvest today, so I'm done arguing.  

    Image result for beat dead horse meme

    That is ridiculous.  Ghoolie tendencies my eye.  Just because we disagree on a football etiquette? I believe that teams should play out  the string for the benefit of the league as a whole.  If you don't. Fine.  But don't get crazy with your assessments. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    I'm talking about the colts vs the tits game in 2007. Peyton was 14/16 for 95 yards.  Addai had a handful of carries.  Wayne had some catches and a drive ending fumble inside the tits 20. Bob Sanders was second in the team on tackles.  The colts played almost all their starters for the first half. 

    You mean to tell me that Gipper with all his whining and finding a way to tell everyone they are wrong was the one who was wrong? I'm shocked. 

    @gunz41 said:

    You mean to tell me that Gipper with all his whining and finding a way to tell everyone they are wrong was the one who was wrong? I'm shocked. 

    Actually from what I can tell ther tits outscored the colts starters 7-3 while the colts backups only got outscored by 2 (9-7 tits)

  • @bjh2130 said:

    I'm talking about the colts vs the tits game in 2007. Peyton was 14/16 for 95 yards.  Addai had a handful of carries.  Wayne had some catches and a drive ending fumble inside the tits 20. Bob Sanders was second in the team on tackles.  The colts played almost all their starters for the first half. 

    You mean to tell me that Gipper with all his whining and finding a way to tell everyone they are wrong was the one who was wrong? I'm shocked. 

    @gunz41 said:

    You mean to tell me that Gipper with all his whining and finding a way to tell everyone they are wrong was the one who was wrong? I'm shocked. 

    No....What I am shocked by..shocked, shocked!!.. is your lack of interest in maintaining the games integrity. And I am not wrong...I simply have a difference of opinion, as I said, on what should be football etiquette. 

    And you all seem to have missed the point of my whole thing here:

    It is that I have NO sympathy toward the Indiana Colts, as an organization, over the loss of Andrew Luck.  And I have explained my reason therefore.  

    Is there a reason you cannot accept my reasoning on that? Even if you think it illogical.  I mean, I hate (in the sports sense) the Steelers and Ravens too, for my own esoteric reasons (which most of us here share).  Should I be chastised for maintaining my own personal feelings  about them as well? 

  • @gunz41 said:

    You mean to tell me that Gipper with all his whining and finding a way to tell everyone they are wrong was the one who was wrong? I'm shocked. 

    No....What I am shocked by..shocked, shocked!!.. is your lack of interest in maintaining the games integrity. And I am not wrong...I simply have a difference of opinion, as I said, on what should be football etiquette. 

    And you all seem to have missed the point of my whole thing here:

    It is that I have NO sympathy toward the Indiana Colts, as an organization, over the loss of Andrew Luck.  And I have explained my reason therefore.  

    Is there a reason you cannot accept my reasoning on that? Even if you think it illogical.  I mean, I hate (in the sports sense) the Steelers and Ravens too, for my own esoteric reasons (which most of us here share).  Should I be chastised for maintaining my own personal feelings  about them as well? 

    @the-gipper said:

    No....What I am shocked by..shocked, shocked!!.. is your lack of interest in maintaining the games integrity. And I am not wrong...I simply have a difference of opinion, as I said, on what should be football etiquette. 

    And you all seem to have missed the point of my whole thing here:

    It is that I have NO sympathy toward the Indiana Colts, as an organization, over the loss of Andrew Luck.  And I have explained my reason therefore.  

    Is there a reason you cannot accept my reasoning on that? Even if you think it illogical.  I mean, I hate (in the sports sense) the Steelers and Ravens too, for my own esoteric reasons (which most of us here share).  Should I be chastised for maintaining my own personal feelings  about them as well? 

    Haha, I have said multiple times on this topic how you can have your opinion, what you obviously are wrong about is your moaning and groaning about the Colts in that game. A quick look up shows the starters DID PLAY. So your reasoning for hating them and saying they have no integrity has NO merit.

    But we can take it further (even though it was pointed out when Colts starters were taken out they were losing). But I think you would have to agree (unless you are just unwilling to waver on your stance) that had the Browns not gotten rid of some of their better players the 0-16 season that they wouldn't have been 0-16. So let's just take the 5 closest games for the purpose of the exercise. Titans and Packers OT loses, and Colts, Jets, and Steelers. Steelers were 13-3, Colts 4-12, Jets 5-11, Titans 9-7 (MADE THE PLAYOFFS), and Packers 7-9. So by YOUR logic, since they got rid of those players and it helped Titans get into the playoffs isnt that against the integrity?

    You see, as for me, I have been VERY clear. You can certainly have your opinion (whether I agree with it or not), I just have a problem with the hypocrisy of giving the Browns the benefit but not someone else.

    And in the more general terms, I have an issue with how you want to say you are entitled to your opinion, yet when someone has a different opinion than you you make sure to tell them how wrong they are, and have even called them names because of their differing opinion. So why should you be given any more concessions than them? A lot of your actions on here like that come off as hypocritical.

    As for earlier, the comment of nobody cares about legal construct was you just spinning something. The point was that in a discussion on a sports forum nobody cares what is legally acceptable. Whether it was your intention or not, your wait and see if the situation comes up for the Browns looks like a deflection to not answer as for other issues on here for you something is more acceptable if it's your team/player that the situation involves.

    You don't have to justify your disdain for any team. But when you do justify it for a specific reason, when faced with something similar for your team and view it differently your view seems disingenuous and hypocritical. When all you had to respond to me (maybe not others) was you only care about the Browns and it may be irrational but you don't care. But instead you doubled down. 

    Just own your irrationality when it comes to your teams, that is what most fans are like anyway

  • @the-gipper said:

    No....What I am shocked by..shocked, shocked!!.. is your lack of interest in maintaining the games integrity. And I am not wrong...I simply have a difference of opinion, as I said, on what should be football etiquette. 

    And you all seem to have missed the point of my whole thing here:

    It is that I have NO sympathy toward the Indiana Colts, as an organization, over the loss of Andrew Luck.  And I have explained my reason therefore.  

    Is there a reason you cannot accept my reasoning on that? Even if you think it illogical.  I mean, I hate (in the sports sense) the Steelers and Ravens too, for my own esoteric reasons (which most of us here share).  Should I be chastised for maintaining my own personal feelings  about them as well? 

    Haha, I have said multiple times on this topic how you can have your opinion, what you obviously are wrong about is your moaning and groaning about the Colts in that game. A quick look up shows the starters DID PLAY. So your reasoning for hating them and saying they have no integrity has NO merit.

    But we can take it further (even though it was pointed out when Colts starters were taken out they were losing). But I think you would have to agree (unless you are just unwilling to waver on your stance) that had the Browns not gotten rid of some of their better players the 0-16 season that they wouldn't have been 0-16. So let's just take the 5 closest games for the purpose of the exercise. Titans and Packers OT loses, and Colts, Jets, and Steelers. Steelers were 13-3, Colts 4-12, Jets 5-11, Titans 9-7 (MADE THE PLAYOFFS), and Packers 7-9. So by YOUR logic, since they got rid of those players and it helped Titans get into the playoffs isnt that against the integrity?

    You see, as for me, I have been VERY clear. You can certainly have your opinion (whether I agree with it or not), I just have a problem with the hypocrisy of giving the Browns the benefit but not someone else.

    And in the more general terms, I have an issue with how you want to say you are entitled to your opinion, yet when someone has a different opinion than you you make sure to tell them how wrong they are, and have even called them names because of their differing opinion. So why should you be given any more concessions than them? A lot of your actions on here like that come off as hypocritical.

    As for earlier, the comment of nobody cares about legal construct was you just spinning something. The point was that in a discussion on a sports forum nobody cares what is legally acceptable. Whether it was your intention or not, your wait and see if the situation comes up for the Browns looks like a deflection to not answer as for other issues on here for you something is more acceptable if it's your team/player that the situation involves.

    You don't have to justify your disdain for any team. But when you do justify it for a specific reason, when faced with something similar for your team and view it differently your view seems disingenuous and hypocritical. When all you had to respond to me (maybe not others) was you only care about the Browns and it may be irrational but you don't care. But instead you doubled down. 

    Just own your irrationality when it comes to your teams, that is what most fans are like anyway

    @gunz41 said:

    Haha, I have said multiple times on this topic how you can have your opinion, what you obviously are wrong about is your moaning and groaning about the Colts in that game. A quick look up shows the starters DID PLAY. So your reasoning for hating them and saying they have no integrity has NO merit.

    Peyton Manning was pulled when the game was in doubt.

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200712300clt.htm

    But we can take it further (even though it was pointed out when Colts starters were taken out they were losing). But I think you would have to agree (unless you are just unwilling to waver on your stance) that had the Browns not gotten rid of some of their better players the 0-16 season that they wouldn't have been 0-16. So let's just take the 5 closest games for the purpose of the exercise. Titans and Packers OT loses, and Colts, Jets, and Steelers. Steelers were 13-3, Colts 4-12, Jets 5-11, Titans 9-7 (MADE THE PLAYOFFS), and Packers 7-9. So by YOUR logic, since they got rid of those players and it helped Titans get into the playoffs isnt that against the integrity?

    You see, as for me, I have been VERY clear. You can certainly have your opinion (whether I agree with it or not), I just have a problem with the hypocrisy of giving the Browns the benefit but not someone else.

    And in the more general terms, I have an issue with how you want to say you are entitled to your opinion, yet when someone has a different opinion than you you make sure to tell them how wrong they are, and have even called them names because of their differing opinion. So why should you be given any more concessions than them? A lot of your actions on here like that come off as hypocritical.

    As for earlier, the comment of nobody cares about legal construct was you just spinning something. The point was that in a discussion on a sports forum nobody cares what is legally acceptable. Whether it was your intention or not, your wait and see if the situation comes up for the Browns looks like a deflection to not answer as for other issues on here for you something is more acceptable if it's your team/player that the situation involves.

    You don't have to justify your disdain for any team. But when you do justify it for a specific reason, when faced with something similar for your team and view it differently your view seems disingenuous and hypocritical. When all you had to respond to me (maybe not others) was you only care about the Browns and it may be irrational but you don't care. But instead you doubled down. 

    Just own your irrationality when it comes to your teams, that is what most fans are like anyway

    So...who is beating the fucking dead horse now.....maybe you are Ghoolie Jr.  You are now just prattling on to hear yourself.

    Read my lips:  Fuck the Colts.

  • @gunz41 said:

    Haha, I have said multiple times on this topic how you can have your opinion, what you obviously are wrong about is your moaning and groaning about the Colts in that game. A quick look up shows the starters DID PLAY. So your reasoning for hating them and saying they have no integrity has NO merit.

    Peyton Manning was pulled when the game was in doubt.

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200712300clt.htm

    But we can take it further (even though it was pointed out when Colts starters were taken out they were losing). But I think you would have to agree (unless you are just unwilling to waver on your stance) that had the Browns not gotten rid of some of their better players the 0-16 season that they wouldn't have been 0-16. So let's just take the 5 closest games for the purpose of the exercise. Titans and Packers OT loses, and Colts, Jets, and Steelers. Steelers were 13-3, Colts 4-12, Jets 5-11, Titans 9-7 (MADE THE PLAYOFFS), and Packers 7-9. So by YOUR logic, since they got rid of those players and it helped Titans get into the playoffs isnt that against the integrity?

    You see, as for me, I have been VERY clear. You can certainly have your opinion (whether I agree with it or not), I just have a problem with the hypocrisy of giving the Browns the benefit but not someone else.

    And in the more general terms, I have an issue with how you want to say you are entitled to your opinion, yet when someone has a different opinion than you you make sure to tell them how wrong they are, and have even called them names because of their differing opinion. So why should you be given any more concessions than them? A lot of your actions on here like that come off as hypocritical.

    As for earlier, the comment of nobody cares about legal construct was you just spinning something. The point was that in a discussion on a sports forum nobody cares what is legally acceptable. Whether it was your intention or not, your wait and see if the situation comes up for the Browns looks like a deflection to not answer as for other issues on here for you something is more acceptable if it's your team/player that the situation involves.

    You don't have to justify your disdain for any team. But when you do justify it for a specific reason, when faced with something similar for your team and view it differently your view seems disingenuous and hypocritical. When all you had to respond to me (maybe not others) was you only care about the Browns and it may be irrational but you don't care. But instead you doubled down. 

    Just own your irrationality when it comes to your teams, that is what most fans are like anyway

    So...who is beating the fucking dead horse now.....maybe you are Ghoolie Jr.  You are now just prattling on to hear yourself.

    Read my lips:  Fuck the Colts.

    @the-gipper said:

    So...who is beating the fucking dead horse now.....maybe you are Ghoolie Jr.  You are now just prattling on to hear yourself.

    Read my lips:  Fuck the Colts.

    See, like I said DEFLECT and NEVER ADMIT you were WRONG!!!!!!!!!

    You said they didn't play their starters. But I guess what can we expect from someone whose job it is to spin everything and even more a man who seems to think he is always right. But go ahead and keep on calling people out who don't believe what you believe but when you are on the other end "I'm entitled to my opinion." 

    Moral of the story, you are entitled to your opinion, but nobody is entitled to one that differs from you. That is about as egotistical as it gets.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So...who is beating the fucking dead horse now.....maybe you are Ghoolie Jr.  You are now just prattling on to hear yourself.

    Read my lips:  Fuck the Colts.

    See, like I said DEFLECT and NEVER ADMIT you were WRONG!!!!!!!!!

    You said they didn't play their starters. But I guess what can we expect from someone whose job it is to spin everything and even more a man who seems to think he is always right. But go ahead and keep on calling people out who don't believe what you believe but when you are on the other end "I'm entitled to my opinion." 

    Moral of the story, you are entitled to your opinion, but nobody is entitled to one that differs from you. That is about as egotistical as it gets.

    @gunz41 said:

    See, like I said DEFLECT and NEVER ADMIT you were WRONG!!!!!!!!!

    You said they didn't play their starters. But I guess what can we expect from someone whose job it is to spin everything and even more a man who seems to think he is always right. But go ahead and keep on calling people out who don't believe what you believe but when you are on the other end "I'm entitled to my opinion." 

    Moral of the story, you are entitled to your opinion, but nobody is entitled to one that differs from you. That is about as egotistical as it gets.

    Sounds like you are talking to, and about yourself.

    giphy.gif

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Also they actually did start their starters and then sat the offensive guys at half time.  The majority of the defensive players played pretty much the whole game. 

    Um check the stats for those games- Ben, Brown, and Bell are nowhere to be found.  

    And finally-  I'll let Gipper believe whatever he wants to. He's starting to show some dangerous Ghoolie tendencies, and not just in this thread. The Hoorta has a vineyard to harvest today, so I'm done arguing.  

    Image result for beat dead horse meme

    @hoorta said:

    I'll let Gipper believe whatever he wants to. He's starting to show some dangerous Ghoolie tendencies, and not just in this thread.  

    Image result for beat dead horse meme

    Sadly there is some truth in this statement. 

  • Feckless   Bottom line is that the Colts can suck forever in my opinion. Y’all can disagree with that if you’d like. But I guess if I don’t change my mind that makes me ridiculous. Well then I guess I’m ridiculous.

  • Wiseacre Bottom line is nobody is telling you who to like/dislike. What people are telling you is that it's not the only time this happened, and in some form that the team you cheer for has done it. Instead of resting their starters for a half, the Browns traded them away. And I am sure you can find somewhere in history that the Browns rested their starters. That makes you a casuist if you don't have the same issue with them doing it.

    But let's ask one simple question. Since you are assuming that Colts win that game, let's assume that Browns had won the OT game with Titans in 2017 after they had gotten rid of those players. Do you now feel bad for the Ravens and Chargers since that loss by the Browns cost 1 of them a playoff spot since they ended up with 9-7 record same as Titans? If not, you are a mounteback. 

    See I can use big, rarely used words too. But it does kind of make sense that you think that you are ridiculous JUST because you have a different opinion, which is the furthest from the truth in my case. I even said you can have your hypocritical opinions, as that is some times how fans feel. But don't tell others how wrong they are, and even call people dumb, idiotic, etc for a different viewpoint than yourself 

  • Not even bothering to read your prattling on. Keep chasing yer tail. Larry asked that we move on and I have done so long ago but there you are doing your Travis Bickel imitation

  • Not even bothering to read your prattling on. Keep chasing yer tail. Larry asked that we move on and I have done so long ago but there you are doing your Travis Bickel imitation

    @the-gipper said:

    Larry asked that we move on and I have done so long ago but there you are doing your Travis Bickel imitation

    Hoorta asked YOU to move on, never mentioned Gunz. 

    He seems to think YOU are the problem here. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Larry asked that we move on and I have done so long ago but there you are doing your Travis Bickel imitation

    Hoorta asked YOU to move on, never mentioned Gunz. 

    He seems to think YOU are the problem here. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Hoorta asked YOU to move on, never mentioned Gunz. 

    He seems to think YOU are the problem here. 

    Well now it seems that you are the problem because you’re sticking your nose in it like you are Gladys Kravitz

  • Feckless   Bottom line is that the Colts can suck forever in my opinion. Y’all can disagree with that if you’d like. But I guess if I don’t change my mind that makes me ridiculous. Well then I guess I’m ridiculous.

    @the-gipper said:

    Feckless   Bottom line is that the Colts can suck forever in my opinion. Y’all can disagree with that if you’d like. But I guess if I don’t change my mind that makes me ridiculous. Well then I guess I’m ridiculous.

    No one here ever said you couldn't hate the Colts. I did say it's ridiculous to hold a grudge over something that happened 12 years ago- and it's not like even if the Browns had made the playoffs they were a lock to win the Super Bowl.  

    Oh, when beaten in an argument, change the parameters, hyperbole is always a good excuse, even if it has nothing to do with the original premise. Trying to deliberately injure a player (or trying to steal the other teams plays) is hardly in the same category as resting starters before your playoff game. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well now it seems that you are the problem because you’re sticking your nose in it like you are Gladys Kravitz

    And like I said- Ghoolie Jr. gotta respond. 

  • @hoorta said:

    The Hoorta has a vineyard to harvest today, so I'm done arguing. 

    What you growing in it? You make wine with it?

    @texasag1969 said:

    What you growing in it? You make wine with it?

    Unless you're really daring up Ohio way you have to grow French hybrid grapes that are hardy enough to survive Ohio winters- where it's pretty routine to get a winter where it can get down to ten below zero for a day or two. Also here in SW Ohio because you get plenty of days with 80, or 90 degrees with really high humidity- you have to take measures to prevent rampant mildew attacking your grape vines.  

    Long years of experience- I really wanted to grow red wine grapes- the problem here in the city is birds think they're great food way before they're ripe enough for your purposes. So I gave up and ripped out my Baco Noir and planted Vidal Blanc. LOL, those bird brains usually are waiting for those grapes to turn red- which they never do. (this year being an exception, I probably lost at least 20% of my crop to the freaking flying feather foobers) Vidal is a hybrid of the French Ugni Blanc grape- the principal grape that Cognac comes from. When you're making cognac- you don't particularly care about quality, you just want a ton of grape juice (wine) that you can distill into booze.  🙂 

    So to not bore you any further- I learned that early in the year to prevent overcropping-  you have to remove at least 50% of the baby grape clusters, less quantity = higher quality. I have a very nice cooperative thing going on. I grow the grapes- and a good friend of mine who's a terrific amateur winemaker take the grapes and we juice them (she's won a bunch of awards at the national American Wine Society conventions)  makes wine out of them. We split the end result. It's a fairly decent white wine. This year- we got three gallons of juice, and that should turn into a case+ of wine, plenty enough for my purposes.  Vidal is grown on a commercial scale here in the northeast US and even up in Canada where they make a Vidal ice wine- and that's really nice stuff, though I haven't yet figured out how to keep the birds, bugs, and mildew away anywhere near long enough to try making it. . 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    What you growing in it? You make wine with it?

    Unless you're really daring up Ohio way you have to grow French hybrid grapes that are hardy enough to survive Ohio winters- where it's pretty routine to get a winter where it can get down to ten below zero for a day or two. Also here in SW Ohio because you get plenty of days with 80, or 90 degrees with really high humidity- you have to take measures to prevent rampant mildew attacking your grape vines.  

    Long years of experience- I really wanted to grow red wine grapes- the problem here in the city is birds think they're great food way before they're ripe enough for your purposes. So I gave up and ripped out my Baco Noir and planted Vidal Blanc. LOL, those bird brains usually are waiting for those grapes to turn red- which they never do. (this year being an exception, I probably lost at least 20% of my crop to the freaking flying feather foobers) Vidal is a hybrid of the French Ugni Blanc grape- the principal grape that Cognac comes from. When you're making cognac- you don't particularly care about quality, you just want a ton of grape juice (wine) that you can distill into booze.  🙂 

    So to not bore you any further- I learned that early in the year to prevent overcropping-  you have to remove at least 50% of the baby grape clusters, less quantity = higher quality. I have a very nice cooperative thing going on. I grow the grapes- and a good friend of mine who's a terrific amateur winemaker take the grapes and we juice them (she's won a bunch of awards at the national American Wine Society conventions)  makes wine out of them. We split the end result. It's a fairly decent white wine. This year- we got three gallons of juice, and that should turn into a case+ of wine, plenty enough for my purposes.  Vidal is grown on a commercial scale here in the northeast US and even up in Canada where they make a Vidal ice wine- and that's really nice stuff, though I haven't yet figured out how to keep the birds, bugs, and mildew away anywhere near long enough to try making it. . 

    @hoorta said:

    Unless you're really daring up Ohio way you have to grow French hybrid grapes that are hardy enough to survive Ohio winters- where it's pretty routine to get a winter where it can get down to ten below zero for a day or two. Also here in SW Ohio because you get plenty of days with 80, or 90 degrees with really high humidity- you have to take measures to prevent rampant mildew attacking your grape vines.  

    Long years of experience- I really wanted to grow red wine grapes- the problem here in the city is birds think they're great food way before they're ripe enough for your purposes. So I gave up and ripped out my Baco Noir and planted Vidal Blanc. LOL, those bird brains usually are waiting for those grapes to turn red- which they never do. (this year being an exception, I probably lost at least 20% of my crop to the freaking flying feather foobers) Vidal is a hybrid of the French Ugni Blanc grape- the principal grape that Cognac comes from. When you're making cognac- you don't particularly care about quality, you just want a ton of grape juice (wine) that you can distill into booze.  🙂 

    So to not bore you any further- I learned that early in the year to prevent overcropping-  you have to remove at least 50% of the baby grape clusters, less quantity = higher quality. I have a very nice cooperative thing going on. I grow the grapes- and a good friend of mine who's a terrific amateur winemaker take the grapes and we juice them (she's won a bunch of awards at the national American Wine Society conventions)  makes wine out of them. We split the end result. It's a fairly decent white wine. This year- we got three gallons of juice, and that should turn into a case+ of wine, plenty enough for my purposes.  Vidal is grown on a commercial scale here in the northeast US and even up in Canada where they make a Vidal ice wine- and that's really nice stuff, though I haven't yet figured out how to keep the birds, bugs, and mildew away anywhere near long enough to try making it. . 

    In and around Geneva Ohio, they grow lots of grapes and have quite a number of wineries. I know they make ice wine too. The climate along the lake seems to be pretty good for grapes. The Geneva Grape Festival is 9-28 and 9-29 this year. I may not be into wine but that is a fun weekend 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Feckless   Bottom line is that the Colts can suck forever in my opinion. Y’all can disagree with that if you’d like. But I guess if I don’t change my mind that makes me ridiculous. Well then I guess I’m ridiculous.

    No one here ever said you couldn't hate the Colts. I did say it's ridiculous to hold a grudge over something that happened 12 years ago- and it's not like even if the Browns had made the playoffs they were a lock to win the Super Bowl.  

    Oh, when beaten in an argument, change the parameters, hyperbole is always a good excuse, even if it has nothing to do with the original premise. Trying to deliberately injure a player (or trying to steal the other teams plays) is hardly in the same category as resting starters before your playoff game. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well now it seems that you are the problem because you’re sticking your nose in it like you are Gladys Kravitz

    And like I said- Ghoolie Jr. gotta respond. 

    @hoorta said:

    No one here ever said you couldn't hate the Colts. I did say it's ridiculous to hold a grudge over something that happened 12 years ago- and it's not like even if the Browns had made the playoffs they were a lock to win the Super Bowl.  

    Oh, when beaten in an argument, change the parameters, hyperbole is always a good excuse, even if it has nothing to do with the original premise. Trying to deliberately injure a player (or trying to steal the other teams plays) is hardly in the same category as resting starters before your playoff game. 

    And like I said- Ghoolie Jr. gotta respond. 

    Why do you assume that I was beaten in any argument? You simply disagree with me in my opinion. There is no win or defeat in that at all. I still hold a grudge against the Broncos for what happened 33 years ago. So why not for something that happened 12 years ago. I hold a grudge against the Baltimore ravens simply because the used to be owned by Art Modell...and the BS that happened there.  I hold a grudge against the Pittsburgh Steelers because they are the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re all entitled to our opinions about this sort of thing.