Texans are Having a Hell of a Day
-
Just made their 4th trade of the day.
Moved Clowney earlier to the Seahawks for... not much
Just landed Tunsil and Stills from the Dolphins for some large package of picks
A busy day for not having a GM
I initially thought only giving up a 3rd for Clowney was- say what? But really he's a one year rent-a-player on his franchise tag. and the Texans get our former under performing first round bum Barky Mingo.
I initially thought only giving up a 3rd for Clowney was- say what? But really he's a one year rent-a-player on his franchise tag. and the Texans get our former under performing first round bum Barky Mingo.
I really thought Mingo was going to be a pro bowler and give or D a face but I was way wrong, Every player we ever drafted up until Myles seems like a waste looking back, Other than that I can only name a couple that panned out well, Joe Thomas and the Center we took in like 2009 I forget his name ha ha but really, Not a single weapon in how many years?
-
Nope but like Johnny Cash's Bill, when this Bill goes there I do take my guns to town. ?
Funny thing is I am actually licensed to wear my western Ruger .357 mag single action revolver in a holster on my hip in plain view.
What do you think for a badge on the holster? LOL! ?
Yeeha!?
Texas is an open carry state, isn't it?
Texas is an open carry state, isn't it?
Yes it is. But only a fool would do so out in public. Why identify the first target?
-
I initially thought only giving up a 3rd for Clowney was- say what? But really he's a one year rent-a-player on his franchise tag. and the Texans get our former under performing first round bum Barky Mingo.
I really thought Mingo was going to be a pro bowler and give or D a face but I was way wrong, Every player we ever drafted up until Myles seems like a waste looking back, Other than that I can only name a couple that panned out well, Joe Thomas and the Center we took in like 2009 I forget his name ha ha but really, Not a single weapon in how many years?
I really thought Mingo was going to be a pro bowler and give or D a face but I was way wrong, Every player we ever drafted up until Myles seems like a waste looking back, Other than that I can only name a couple that panned out well, Joe Thomas and the Center we took in like 2009 I forget his name ha ha but really, Not a single weapon in how many years?
Alex Mack
-
I initially thought only giving up a 3rd for Clowney was- say what? But really he's a one year rent-a-player on his franchise tag. and the Texans get our former under performing first round bum Barky Mingo.
I really thought Mingo was going to be a pro bowler and give or D a face but I was way wrong, Every player we ever drafted up until Myles seems like a waste looking back, Other than that I can only name a couple that panned out well, Joe Thomas and the Center we took in like 2009 I forget his name ha ha but really, Not a single weapon in how many years?
I really thought Mingo was going to be a pro bowler and give or D a face but I was way wrong, Every player we ever drafted up until Myles seems like a waste looking back, Other than that I can only name a couple that panned out well, Joe Thomas and the Center we took in like 2009 I forget his name ha ha but really, Not a single weapon in how many years?
Mitchell Schwartz actually was OK. We've lost a few decent guys to other teams because of the continual sucking. I don't doubt that the was the reason Phil Dawson left town.
Alex Mack
And Joe Haden, that's about it pre Myles....
-
In the Babsence of a GM looks like O'Brien is having an undue influence on the Texans' FO... and he's in panic mode.
Their "window" has been open a around 3 years now and O'Brien has done nothing with it. This felt like a "do or die" season for him and the odds were heavier weighted towards die until Luck retired. Not much better now, but at least there's a glimmer...
And if Bill-O goes down then why should he care if the franchise is all the worse for his desperation?
-
In the Babsence of a GM looks like O'Brien is having an undue influence on the Texans' FO... and he's in panic mode.
Their "window" has been open a around 3 years now and O'Brien has done nothing with it. This felt like a "do or die" season for him and the odds were heavier weighted towards die until Luck retired. Not much better now, but at least there's a glimmer...
And if Bill-O goes down then why should he care if the franchise is all the worse for his desperation?
In the Babsence of a GM looks like O'Brien is having an undue influence on the Texans' FO... and he's in panic mode.
Their "window" has been open a around 3 years now and O'Brien has done nothing with it. This felt like a "do or die" season for him and the odds were heavier weighted towards die until Luck retired. Not much better now, but at least there's a glimmer...
And if Bill-O goes down then why should he care if the franchise is all the worse for his desperation?
I still think Jacksonville wins that division. (even thought so before Luck went out). Texas challenges...but JAX wins.
-
In the Babsence of a GM looks like O'Brien is having an undue influence on the Texans' FO... and he's in panic mode.
Their "window" has been open a around 3 years now and O'Brien has done nothing with it. This felt like a "do or die" season for him and the odds were heavier weighted towards die until Luck retired. Not much better now, but at least there's a glimmer...
And if Bill-O goes down then why should he care if the franchise is all the worse for his desperation?
I still think Jacksonville wins that division. (even thought so before Luck went out). Texas challenges...but JAX wins.
I still think Jacksonville wins that division. (even thought so before Luck went out). Texas challenges...but JAX wins.
They had all but a decent QB and now they have one. I agree they will be far better now.
-
In the Babsence of a GM looks like O'Brien is having an undue influence on the Texans' FO... and he's in panic mode.
Their "window" has been open a around 3 years now and O'Brien has done nothing with it. This felt like a "do or die" season for him and the odds were heavier weighted towards die until Luck retired. Not much better now, but at least there's a glimmer...
And if Bill-O goes down then why should he care if the franchise is all the worse for his desperation?
In the Babsence of a GM looks like O'Brien is having an undue influence on the Texans' FO... and he's in panic mode.
Their "window" has been open a around 3 years now and O'Brien has done nothing with it. This felt like a "do or die" season for him and the odds were heavier weighted towards die until Luck retired. Not much better now, but at least there's a glimmer...
And if Bill-O goes down then why should he care if the franchise is all the worse for his desperation?
We've seen usually the only way giving up multiple first round picks works is for a sure fire franchise QB. Not a LT. Losing Clowney is going to hurt Watts effectiveness.
Even with all their moves, I don't think anyone has the Texans as a serious Super Bowl contender.
-
In the Babsence of a GM looks like O'Brien is having an undue influence on the Texans' FO... and he's in panic mode.
Their "window" has been open a around 3 years now and O'Brien has done nothing with it. This felt like a "do or die" season for him and the odds were heavier weighted towards die until Luck retired. Not much better now, but at least there's a glimmer...
And if Bill-O goes down then why should he care if the franchise is all the worse for his desperation?
We've seen usually the only way giving up multiple first round picks works is for a sure fire franchise QB. Not a LT. Losing Clowney is going to hurt Watts effectiveness.
Even with all their moves, I don't think anyone has the Texans as a serious Super Bowl contender.
-
did you read that Mayock gifted Chuckie with adding QB D. Kizer to Raiders?
your thoughts? Did they need another QB pinata on hard knocks?
What is Mayock thinking is my opinion. They need "The Quarterback whisperer" Hue to fix him. Um, no. I saw some clips of Deshone this preseason on NFLN- and he's still inaccurate as hell. They need to build a bigger barn for Kizer so he has a chance of hitting it.
-
And this is why you don't have your coach with GM responsibilities.
Should Houston let Bill go, they're fucked themselves for the immediate future with draft capital and potentially getting the most out of their young QB with young talent around him.
-
And this is why you don't have your coach with GM responsibilities.
Should Houston let Bill go, they're fucked themselves for the immediate future with draft capital and potentially getting the most out of their young QB with young talent around him.
And this is why you don't have your coach with GM responsibilities.
Should Houston let Bill go, they're fucked themselves for the immediate future with draft capital and potentially getting the most out of their young QB with young talent around him.
I think we tried that with Butch Davis- and it turned out poorly, we didn't even have a qb of note.
-
The Texans all but had Patriots top executive in FO Nick Caserio hired as next GM in Houston this season..Nick wanted to leave too, with 1 year left on contract to take GM job.Pats denied Nick to move on.Is Craft or Belicheck wanting to see ex-Bill O'Brien fired? It really seemed like a prick'ish move again coming out of Chowder-ville.. Josh McDaniels proved that..
-
The Texans all but had Patriots top executive in FO Nick Caserio hired as next GM in Houston this season..Nick wanted to leave too, with 1 year left on contract to take GM job.Pats denied Nick to move on.Is Craft or Belicheck wanting to see ex-Bill O'Brien fired? It really seemed like a prick'ish move again coming out of Chowder-ville.. Josh McDaniels proved that..
The Texans all but had Patriots top executive in FO Nick Caserio hired as next GM in Houston this season..Nick wanted to leave too, with 1 year left on contract to take GM job.Pats denied Nick to move on.Is Craft or Belicheck wanting to see ex-Bill O'Brien fired? It really seemed like a prick'ish move again coming out of Chowder-ville.. Josh McDaniels proved that..
I thought they could not block it if it were an upward, and not a lateral move. I assume GM of the DATs would have been considered upward for him...no?
-
The Texans all but had Patriots top executive in FO Nick Caserio hired as next GM in Houston this season..Nick wanted to leave too, with 1 year left on contract to take GM job.Pats denied Nick to move on.Is Craft or Belicheck wanting to see ex-Bill O'Brien fired? It really seemed like a prick'ish move again coming out of Chowder-ville.. Josh McDaniels proved that..
I thought they could not block it if it were an upward, and not a lateral move. I assume GM of the DATs would have been considered upward for him...no?
I thought they could not block it if it were an upward, and not a lateral move. I assume GM of the DATs would have been considered upward for him...no?
It's a good attorney case till Pats filed tampering papers.. https://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap000001033621/article/patriots-accuse-texans-of-tampering-over-nick-caserio (<< pats bugged not to open) google Nick Caserio Texans...he should be there next season if O'Brien has anything to do with it?..Nick had a year left as player personal duties with Pats..that Bill puts his nose into every year..
-
I thought they could not block it if it were an upward, and not a lateral move. I assume GM of the DATs would have been considered upward for him...no?
It's a good attorney case till Pats filed tampering papers.. https://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap000001033621/article/patriots-accuse-texans-of-tampering-over-nick-caserio (<< pats bugged not to open) google Nick Caserio Texans...he should be there next season if O'Brien has anything to do with it?..Nick had a year left as player personal duties with Pats..that Bill puts his nose into every year..
It's a good attorney case till Pats filed tampering papers.. https://nfl.com/news/story/0ap000001033621/article/patroits-accuse-texans-of-tampering-over-nick-caserio google Nick Caserio Texans...he should be there next season if O'Brien has anything to do with it?..Nick had a year left as player personal duties with Pats..that Bill puts his nose into ever year..
Well.....certainly BB is a guy who would be petty enough to block a guys upward employment mobility.
-
I thought they could not block it if it were an upward, and not a lateral move. I assume GM of the DATs would have been considered upward for him...no?
It's a good attorney case till Pats filed tampering papers.. https://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap000001033621/article/patriots-accuse-texans-of-tampering-over-nick-caserio (<< pats bugged not to open) google Nick Caserio Texans...he should be there next season if O'Brien has anything to do with it?..Nick had a year left as player personal duties with Pats..that Bill puts his nose into every year..
It's a good attorney case till Pats filed tampering papers.. https://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap000001033621/article/patriots-accuse-texans-of-tampering-over-nick-caserio (<< pats bugged not to open) google Nick Caserio Texans...he should be there next season if O'Brien has anything to do with it?..Nick had a year left as player personal duties with Pats..that Bill puts his nose into every year..
Pretty sure it was because they were engaging with him while Pat's were still playing, which is tampering.
-
Schwartz took less money from KC to leave town. Sashi's offer was the most money.
Schwartz leaving to KC isn't on Sashi.
-
Schwartz took less money from KC to leave town. Sashi's offer was the most money.
Schwartz leaving to KC isn't on Sashi.
Schwartz took less money from KC to leave town. Sashi's offer was the most money.
Schwartz leaving to KC isn't on Sashi.
Which is why they now have Steve Spagnuolo... Try saying that name, 10x's real fast... LOL!!
-
Schwartz took less money from KC to leave town. Sashi's offer was the most money.
Schwartz leaving to KC isn't on Sashi.
Schwartz took less money from KC to leave town. Sashi's offer was the most money.
Schwartz leaving to KC isn't on Sashi.
The Browns pulled their offer off the table because Schwartz talked to another team. And Schwartz did in fact come back to the Browns to accept the offer, but was told "too late" by Sashi.......
Possibly the worst free agency day by any team ever.....Browns couldnt retain their players(Mack, Schwartz, Benjiman, Gipson) and signed no one......
One of Sashis many screwed up deals....or non-deals...depending on how you look at it....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
your thoughts? Did they need another QB pinata on hard knocks?