Skip to content

And so it begins, tonight

The Browns Board
17 8 350
  • @the-gipper said:

    Just FYI:

    All Matchups, Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packers

    Green Bay Packers lead series, 97-95-6
    96-94-6 regular season, 1-1 postseason

    Almost 200 contests and it is crazy that it is that close... 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @dutch-oven said:

    Almost 200 contests and it is crazy that it is that close... 

    That 1-1 post season stat is also crazy. You'd expect them meeting more times, wouldn't you?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Almost 200 contests and it is crazy that it is that close... 

    That 1-1 post season stat is also crazy. You'd expect them meeting more times, wouldn't you?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @nero said:

    That 1-1 post season stat is also crazy. You'd expect them meeting more times, wouldn't you?

    Since the late 60s, when the playoffs that we know now started, it almost seems like the Bears and Packers are rarely ever good at the same time. Would explain why they've only met twice.... 

  • @nero said:

    That 1-1 post season stat is also crazy. You'd expect them meeting more times, wouldn't you?

    Since the late 60s, when the playoffs that we know now started, it almost seems like the Bears and Packers are rarely ever good at the same time. Would explain why they've only met twice.... 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @dutch-oven said:

    Since the late 60s, when the playoffs that we know now started, it almost seems like the Bears and Packers are rarely ever good at the same time. Would explain why they've only met twice.... 

    I was thinking the same. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #10

    Tough to "love".... maybe even "like"... last nite's game.

    I love a good defensive battle... maybe more than most... but that was not last nite's game. Last nite just showed inept offenses that were wa-a-a-a-a-ay behind the Ds they faced. It was more like a historical preseason opener with starters than a regular season opener. It's like the league has adopted the Belichik approach to the season.

    Neither Rodgers nor Trubs played much in the preseason... and it showed. Luckily for GB Aaron's muscle memory kicked in for a drive or two. Trubs? Not so much...

    This gives me some pause for us on Sunday whereas before I had none.

    Also gives me pause for more than a couple of picks in Pro Pick'em... and even a 2nd thought (too late) for picking BLT in survival. But as they are facing the lowly Fins I should survive.

  • @nero said:

    That 1-1 post season stat is also crazy. You'd expect them meeting more times, wouldn't you?

    Since the late 60s, when the playoffs that we know now started, it almost seems like the Bears and Packers are rarely ever good at the same time. Would explain why they've only met twice.... 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @dutch-oven said:

    Since the late 60s, when the playoffs that we know now started, it almost seems like the Bears and Packers are rarely ever good at the same time. Would explain why they've only met twice.... 

    Same goes for Browns/Steelers.

  • Tough to "love".... maybe even "like"... last nite's game.

    I love a good defensive battle... maybe more than most... but that was not last nite's game. Last nite just showed inept offenses that were wa-a-a-a-a-ay behind the Ds they faced. It was more like a historical preseason opener with starters than a regular season opener. It's like the league has adopted the Belichik approach to the season.

    Neither Rodgers nor Trubs played much in the preseason... and it showed. Luckily for GB Aaron's muscle memory kicked in for a drive or two. Trubs? Not so much...

    This gives me some pause for us on Sunday whereas before I had none.

    Also gives me pause for more than a couple of picks in Pro Pick'em... and even a 2nd thought (too late) for picking BLT in survival. But as they are facing the lowly Fins I should survive.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @tour2ma said:

    Tough to "love".... maybe even "like"... last nite's game.

    I love a good defensive battle... maybe more than most... but that was not last nite's game. Last nite just showed inept offenses that were wa-a-a-a-a-ay behind the Ds they faced. It was more like a historical preseason opener with starters than a regular season opener. It's like the league has adopted the Belichik approach to the season.

    Neither Rodgers nor Trubs played much in the preseason... and it showed. Luckily for GB Aaron's muscle memory kicked in for a drive or two. Trubs? Not so much...

    This gives me some pause for us on Sunday whereas before I had none.

    Also gives me pause for more than a couple of picks in Pro Pick'em... and even a 2nd thought (too late) for picking BLT in survival. But as they are facing the lowly Fins I should survive.

    Well...this whole thing of not playing the starters in the preseason I think does have an affect. I just do not think some teams are ready to play.  

    Of course, I am in favor of getting rid of at least 2 preseason games.  But I always felt that the game just before the regular season should be a full "dress rehearsal" with the players getting in full game mode.  

    The fact that the Browns have lost like 18 of the last 19 opening games, to me, is, yes, indicative that they have not been very good teams....but more than that, I have always felt that they just were not ever prepared to play that first game. 

  • Tough to "love".... maybe even "like"... last nite's game.

    I love a good defensive battle... maybe more than most... but that was not last nite's game. Last nite just showed inept offenses that were wa-a-a-a-a-ay behind the Ds they faced. It was more like a historical preseason opener with starters than a regular season opener. It's like the league has adopted the Belichik approach to the season.

    Neither Rodgers nor Trubs played much in the preseason... and it showed. Luckily for GB Aaron's muscle memory kicked in for a drive or two. Trubs? Not so much...

    This gives me some pause for us on Sunday whereas before I had none.

    Also gives me pause for more than a couple of picks in Pro Pick'em... and even a 2nd thought (too late) for picking BLT in survival. But as they are facing the lowly Fins I should survive.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #13

    @tour2ma said:

    Tough to "love".... maybe even "like"... last nite's game.

    I love a good defensive battle... maybe more than most... but that was not last nite's game. Last nite just showed inept offenses that were wa-a-a-a-a-ay behind the Ds they faced. It was more like a historical preseason opener with starters than a regular season opener. It's like the league has adopted the Belichik approach to the season.

    Neither Rodgers nor Trubs played much in the preseason... and it showed. Luckily for GB Aaron's muscle memory kicked in for a drive or two. Trubs? Not so much...

    This gives me some pause for us on Sunday whereas before I had none.

    Also gives me pause for more than a couple of picks in Pro Pick'em... and even a 2nd thought (too late) for picking BLT in survival. But as they are facing the lowly Fins I should survive.

    So true the coaches and FO just do not want to risk their high priced or even medium priced talent until the season starts now.

    GB 9 punts CHI 8 wow.

    10-3 was a real snoozefest.    😴

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    On another note...

    I loved seeing Pet get shoved... with love... by Aaron last nite.

    I wish the man nothing but success including another HC gig in the not-to-distant future.

  • On another note...

    I loved seeing Pet get shoved... with love... by Aaron last nite.

    I wish the man nothing but success including another HC gig in the not-to-distant future.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @tour2ma said:

    On another note...

    I loved seeing Pet get shoved... with love... by Aaron last nite.

    I wish the man nothing but success including another HC gig in the not-to-distant future.

    Absolutely. 

    I have nothing but respect for him and think he got a raw deal here. 

  • On another note...

    I loved seeing Pet get shoved... with love... by Aaron last nite.

    I wish the man nothing but success including another HC gig in the not-to-distant future.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @tour2ma said:

    On another note...

    I loved seeing Pet get shoved... with love... by Aaron last nite.

    I wish the man nothing but success including another HC gig in the not-to-distant future.

    He must be a hell of a DC; he was mentioned by name like a dozen times. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    On another note...

    I loved seeing Pet get shoved... with love... by Aaron last nite.

    I wish the man nothing but success including another HC gig in the not-to-distant future.

    He must be a hell of a DC; he was mentioned by name like a dozen times. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @icecube said:

    He must be a hell of a DC; he was mentioned by name like a dozen times. 

    He was in Buffalo...

    He was in his 1st year as our HC...

    No surprise that he is still.