***Browns VS Seahawks Gameday Thread***
-
Honestly, he's looking eerily similar.
That fade he attempted to OBJ was so laughably bad that on The Tavern I described it as "Kizer Fade from Baker".
For God's sake, not even close. How many times did we see where Deshone couldn't even get the ball in the same area code as the receiver? Sorry, you can believe whatever you want to- but MHO that's so off base it's ridiculous.
-
And the Steelers have jumped out to a 14-0 lead over the Chargers, and there are so many Steelers fans at the game in LOS ANGELES that they are chanting "DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE" like its a Steelers home game.
And my HS game lost to some mediocre team Friday night, pretty much making the playoffs a miracle.
Fuck football this weekend. ? -
Honestly, he's looking eerily similar.
That fade he attempted to OBJ was so laughably bad that on The Tavern I described it as "Kizer Fade from Baker".
For God's sake, not even close. How many times did we see where Deshone couldn't even get the ball in the same area code as the receiver? Sorry, you can believe whatever you want to- but MHO that's so off base it's ridiculous.
For God's sake, not even close. How many times did we see where Deshone couldn't even get the ball in the same area code as the receiver? Sorry, you can believe whatever you want to- but MHO that's so off base it's ridiculous.
Baker is completing passes at a 55% rate or something, and almost has twice as many interceptions as touchdowns.
No way in hell I think their careers end up the same, but FOR THIS SEASON, Baker has been mediocre to bad.
-
For God's sake, not even close. How many times did we see where Deshone couldn't even get the ball in the same area code as the receiver? Sorry, you can believe whatever you want to- but MHO that's so off base it's ridiculous.
Baker is completing passes at a 55% rate or something, and almost has twice as many interceptions as touchdowns.
No way in hell I think their careers end up the same, but FOR THIS SEASON, Baker has been mediocre to bad.
Baker is completing passes at a 55% rate or something, and almost has twice as many interceptions as touchdowns.
No way in hell I think their careers end up the same, but FOR THIS SEASON, Baker has been mediocre to bad.
That I agree on....
-
Well Hodges, a undrafted rookie is more accurate than Mayfield.
-
While I'm just as upset as anyone regarding our win/loss record, I'm probably leading the group in my overall frustration and shear disappointment of Freddie's coaching - and moreover his play calling.
Freddie looks overwhelmed on the sideline and his play calling reflects that....... He actually told the media dudes in the mandatory Saturday meeting that "the Browns are not a pass first team"?
Well coach, I don't know what to tell you if you can't even recognize your own team. You wouldn't know what 3 straight run plays looked like even if Chubb kicked you in the nuts after an 11yd run.
Right now, it's just more of the same...... Different coach. Different players. Same old record.
Throwing in the towel already. I hear Hue Jackson would like another shot at coaching all this talent....
Jackson was overwhelmed by comparison, Pat Sure-loss looked like he was coaching from another planet on the sidelines. Freddie? I'm reserving judgement for a few more games. The problem is- as I said earlier in another thread- some guys think we should be at worst 5-1 and smoking playoff teams with our overwhelming talent.
You old enough to remember this one from the old stadium? Jump Art- and land on Bill. Six games in as a HC, and some of you are ready to run Freddie out of town on a rail......
Throwing in the towel already. I hear Hue Jackson would like another shot at coaching all this talent....
Jackson was overwhelmed by comparison, Pat Sure-loss looked like he was coaching from another planet on the sidelines. Freddie? I'm reserving judgement for a few more games. The problem is- as I said earlier in another thread- some guys think we should be at worst 5-1 and smoking playoff teams with our overwhelming talent.
You old enough to remember this one from the old stadium? Jump Art- and land on Bill. Six games in as a HC, and some of you are ready to run Freddie out of town on a rail......
Not throwing in the towel, just disappointed in our 1st year HC who chose to call his own offense on top of being the HC..... Hopefully he's the next Genius, but right now he's having a hard time managing the game, and that will get good teams beat, much less a team that doesn't even know if they're good or bad yet.
-
Baker this season is taking a lot longer to throw the ball.. this makes sense because the routes are longer-developing, and with a worse OL, he has to scramble around to avoid the rush. Chubb is a genius at getting yards behind this average-to-dumpster-fire of an OL, and if we don't shore up the OL this offseason we're going to send our best QB in many years into retirement due to injury just like Luck.
Moral of the story: OL is the engine. Also, mix up the calls.. can't throw a 30-yard hook every play.
If the team treats next week as their playoff, next week will be close. Will that actually happen?
-
Or if you are a Browns offensive player in 2019 trying to catch passes from Baker, rarely ever.
His accuracy this season has not been great. He's been high a lot. And lately also a little behind the receiver. But his numbers today are a kind of microcosm of the season. 22 or 37. He's credited with 3 INTs...when really, 2 receivers run into one another, and Hilliard has one go right through his hands...and last week Callaway has a TD bounce off of him to a defender.
Baker's gotta be more accurate....but the receivers have to help a guy out by catching the ones that they can get their hands on without too much effort.
-
Baker this season is taking a lot longer to throw the ball.. this makes sense because the routes are longer-developing, and with a worse OL, he has to scramble around to avoid the rush. Chubb is a genius at getting yards behind this average-to-dumpster-fire of an OL, and if we don't shore up the OL this offseason we're going to send our best QB in many years into retirement due to injury just like Luck.
Moral of the story: OL is the engine. Also, mix up the calls.. can't throw a 30-yard hook every play.
If the team treats next week as their playoff, next week will be close. Will that actually happen?
Baker this season is taking a lot longer to throw the ball.. this makes sense because the routes are longer-developing, and with a worse OL, he has to scramble around to avoid the rush. Chubb is a genius at getting yards behind this average-to-dumpster-fire of an OL, and if we don't shore up the OL this offseason we're going to send our best QB in many years into retirement due to injury just like Luck.
Moral of the story: OL is the engine. Also, mix up the calls.. can't throw a 30-yard hook every play.
If the team treats next week as their playoff, next week will be close. Will that actually happen?
The Oline was good this game. Seahawks didn’t sniff Baker and Chubb had some nice lanes.
-
If I were coaching this team, Chubb would have a short career..... but it would be a freakin' spectacular one.
-
- Thought you were a coach?
- You're asking a pass catcher to catch a pass. This is asked by plenty of RB's throughout the NFL. This isn't the 70's. These guys are elite athletes able to reel in passes rather regularly.
- This wasn't meant to be a "big grab". It was meant to be cheap yards in front of the sticks with the potential for YAC and/or getting out of bounds.
- Zero guarantee a WR makes that grab either. Would you somehow magically feel better if Jarvis tipped that ball into the air? Not likely. Because then you would bitch about a WR having stone hands.
- Empty sets have worked to some degree in this offense. But we tend to overuse them in the redzone as recently history has shown.
- I guess my explanation is too difficult to digest?
- I'm not either, but this isn't the call to hang your hat on.
I get it I just didn’t realize Hilliard was Kamara.
You agreed with the ineffective empty sets we run. I guess we agree there. Probably little else but who knows we have weeks to go.
Part of coaching whether it’s tee ball, wrestling or midget football is putting guys in situations so the team can succeed. Before we take a snap - I don’t consider Hillard flanked out and used as a WR on a potential game winning drive the winning formula. The 0-16 Browns with Coleman and Britt sure why not we had nothing there
I get it I just didn’t realize Hilliard was Kamara.
You agreed with the ineffective empty sets we run. I guess we agree there. Probably little else but who knows we have weeks to go.
Part of coaching whether it’s tee ball, wrestling or midget football is putting guys in situations so the team can succeed. Before we take a snap - I don’t consider Hillard flanked out and used as a WR on a potential game winning drive the winning formula. The 0-16 Browns with Coleman and Britt sure why not we had nothing there
Hilliard isn't Kamara, and that isn't what I'm saying.
I agreed that our empty can* be ineffective at times. Mostly in the Red zone. We've also used them well at times including a couple quick hitters to *gasp* Hilliard.
I'd take Hilliard over no route Coleman and semi retired Britt.
-
I get it I just didn’t realize Hilliard was Kamara.
You agreed with the ineffective empty sets we run. I guess we agree there. Probably little else but who knows we have weeks to go.
Part of coaching whether it’s tee ball, wrestling or midget football is putting guys in situations so the team can succeed. Before we take a snap - I don’t consider Hillard flanked out and used as a WR on a potential game winning drive the winning formula. The 0-16 Browns with Coleman and Britt sure why not we had nothing there
Hilliard isn't Kamara, and that isn't what I'm saying.
I agreed that our empty can* be ineffective at times. Mostly in the Red zone. We've also used them well at times including a couple quick hitters to *gasp* Hilliard.
I'd take Hilliard over no route Coleman and semi retired Britt.
Hilliard isn't Kamara, and that isn't what I'm saying.
I agreed that our empty can* be ineffective at times. Mostly in the Red zone. We've also used them well at times including a couple quick hitters to *gasp* Hilliard.
I'd take Hilliard over no route Coleman and semi retired Britt.
Tiam one of the announcers of the game kept talking about how much he disagreed with the Browns using pulling guards in short yardage situations. Your thoughts? It does seem like the Browns have problems in short yardage situations and we have an excellent runner in Chubb.
-
This game was lost before half time, plain and simple. The Browns had an easy chance to AT WORST go into the locker room at 23-12 without giving the ball back to the Seahawks. Giving the call for hurry up in that situation will be in a video guide of how to coach your way to a loss. I'm still so irrationally angry at how lousy that decision was.
Kitchens is in over his head, and very well may be a one and done coach. I sure don't expect a win after the bye, but we need to see what Kitchens does with a little time. It's becoming more apparent each week though that a seasoned coach may be what the doctor ordered for future seasons.
-
Hilliard isn't Kamara, and that isn't what I'm saying.
I agreed that our empty can* be ineffective at times. Mostly in the Red zone. We've also used them well at times including a couple quick hitters to *gasp* Hilliard.
I'd take Hilliard over no route Coleman and semi retired Britt.
Tiam one of the announcers of the game kept talking about how much he disagreed with the Browns using pulling guards in short yardage situations. Your thoughts? It does seem like the Browns have problems in short yardage situations and we have an excellent runner in Chubb.
Tiam one of the announcers of the game kept talking about how much he disagreed with the Browns using pulling guards in short yardage situations. Your thoughts? It does seem like the Browns have problems in short yardage situations and we have an excellent runner in Chubb.
Depends. If it's 1st and 5, 2nd and short or maybe I'm sitting on a comfortable lead vs a suspect front - pull away.
In the situation you're (most likely) referring to, and with our Oline - then yes, I tend to side with the announement in this case. If it's 3rd or 4th and short and I need it, but I know I'm handing the ball off... Then I'm throwing a lead in the backfield, running my best ISO and telling you to beat my line and my 225lb halfback coming downhill hat on hat.
No chance at someone knifing under the pull and that getting blown up ala the Aaron Donald special. No chance at the pull being late or, in some, cases, not getting there at all.
-
This game was lost before half time, plain and simple. The Browns had an easy chance to AT WORST go into the locker room at 23-12 without giving the ball back to the Seahawks. Giving the call for hurry up in that situation will be in a video guide of how to coach your way to a loss. I'm still so irrationally angry at how lousy that decision was.
Kitchens is in over his head, and very well may be a one and done coach. I sure don't expect a win after the bye, but we need to see what Kitchens does with a little time. It's becoming more apparent each week though that a seasoned coach may be what the doctor ordered for future seasons.
This game was lost before half time, plain and simple. The Browns had an easy chance to AT WORST go into the locker room at 23-12 without giving the ball back to the Seahawks. Giving the call for hurry up in that situation will be in a video guide of how to coach your way to a loss. I'm still so irrationally angry at how lousy that decision was.
Kitchens is in over his head, and very well may be a one and done coach. I sure don't expect a win after the bye, but we need to see what Kitchens does with a little time. It's becoming more apparent each week though that a seasoned coach may be what the doctor ordered for future seasons.
the mgmt fucked up the chemistry this season....ol was much better last yr and then we get rid of a guard....that is part of the problem...baker is bad this yr....last i know he had the worse qb rating...so we go and take kitchens and make him a hc...last yr he was the oc and i believe that is why baker was better...so we have a rookie hc with all this talent....problem is kitchy now has too much responsibility and cannot concentrate on baker...i wish we had rex ryan as hc....kitchy as oc....and williams as dc....wow...now i know folks will say ryan never did anything as hc...well guess what, he almost got the jets to the super bowl with one of the crapiest qb's in the history of the nfl....he never had the talent that this team has....what a shame...
-
While I'm just as upset as anyone regarding our win/loss record, I'm probably leading the group in my overall frustration and shear disappointment of Freddie's coaching - and moreover his play calling.
Freddie looks overwhelmed on the sideline and his play calling reflects that....... He actually told the media dudes in the mandatory Saturday meeting that "the Browns are not a pass first team"?
Well coach, I don't know what to tell you if you can't even recognize your own team. You wouldn't know what 3 straight run plays looked like even if Chubb kicked you in the nuts after an 11yd run.
Right now, it's just more of the same...... Different coach. Different players. Same old record.
Throwing in the towel already. I hear Hue Jackson would like another shot at coaching all this talent....
Jackson was overwhelmed by comparison, Pat Sure-loss looked like he was coaching from another planet on the sidelines. Freddie? I'm reserving judgement for a few more games. The problem is- as I said earlier in another thread- some guys think we should be at worst 5-1 and smoking playoff teams with our overwhelming talent.
You old enough to remember this one from the old stadium? Jump Art- and land on Bill. Six games in as a HC, and some of you are ready to run Freddie out of town on a rail......
Freddie? I'm reserving judgement for a few more games. The problem is- as I said earlier in another thread- some guys think we should be at worst 5-1 and smoking playoff teams
Freddie’s poor game managing is concerning me the most.
Score: Browns 20-12. Browns second down inside the Seattle 10.
2nd Quarter: inside 2 minute warning WITH CLOCK RUNNING..
The situation is screaming to run the ball on second down, after wasting clock, and force Seattle to burn there last timeout.
What did Baker do? Snap the ball with about 15 seconds on the play-clock and throw an INT. Giving the ball to Wilson in the 2 minute offense WITH 1 timeout still. They take advantage and make it a close 20-18 halftime score instead of 23-12.
Should not be happening at the NFL level.
-
Freddie? I'm reserving judgement for a few more games. The problem is- as I said earlier in another thread- some guys think we should be at worst 5-1 and smoking playoff teams
Freddie’s poor game managing is concerning me the most.
Score: Browns 20-12. Browns second down inside the Seattle 10.
2nd Quarter: inside 2 minute warning WITH CLOCK RUNNING..
The situation is screaming to run the ball on second down, after wasting clock, and force Seattle to burn there last timeout.
What did Baker do? Snap the ball with about 15 seconds on the play-clock and throw an INT. Giving the ball to Wilson in the 2 minute offense WITH 1 timeout still. They take advantage and make it a close 20-18 halftime score instead of 23-12.
Should not be happening at the NFL level.
Freddie’s poor game managing is concerning me the most.
Score: Browns 20-12. Browns second down inside the Seattle 10.
2nd Quarter: inside 2 minute warning WITH CLOCK RUNNING..
The situation is screaming to run the ball on second down, after wasting clock, and force Seattle to burn there last timeout.
What did Baker do? Snap the ball with about 15 seconds on the play-clock and throw an INT. Giving the ball to Wilson in the 2 minute offense WITH 1 timeout still. They take advantage and make it a close 20-18 halftime score instead of 23-12.
Should not be happening at the NFL level.
Yup, that was damn poor use of clock management- not as bad as some of Hue's head scratchers- but close. At worst, you do another running play after the 'Hawks are out of time outs, and try for a FG with no time left on the clock. Brings up memories of the bad play calling at the end of the Rams game.
-
This game was lost before half time, plain and simple. The Browns had an easy chance to AT WORST go into the locker room at 23-12 without giving the ball back to the Seahawks. Giving the call for hurry up in that situation will be in a video guide of how to coach your way to a loss. I'm still so irrationally angry at how lousy that decision was.
Kitchens is in over his head, and very well may be a one and done coach. I sure don't expect a win after the bye, but we need to see what Kitchens does with a little time. It's becoming more apparent each week though that a seasoned coach may be what the doctor ordered for future seasons.
the mgmt fucked up the chemistry this season....ol was much better last yr and then we get rid of a guard....that is part of the problem...baker is bad this yr....last i know he had the worse qb rating...so we go and take kitchens and make him a hc...last yr he was the oc and i believe that is why baker was better...so we have a rookie hc with all this talent....problem is kitchy now has too much responsibility and cannot concentrate on baker...i wish we had rex ryan as hc....kitchy as oc....and williams as dc....wow...now i know folks will say ryan never did anything as hc...well guess what, he almost got the jets to the super bowl with one of the crapiest qb's in the history of the nfl....he never had the talent that this team has....what a shame...
the mgmt fucked up the chemistry this season....ol was much better last yr and then we get rid of a guard....that is part of the problem...baker is bad this yr....last i know he had the worse qb rating...so we go and take kitchens and make him a hc...last yr he was the oc and i believe that is why baker was better...so we have a rookie hc with all this talent....problem is kitchy now has too much responsibility and cannot concentrate on baker...i wish we had rex ryan as hc....kitchy as oc....and williams as dc....wow...now i know folks will say ryan never did anything as hc...well guess what, he almost got the jets to the super bowl with one of the crapiest qb's in the history of the nfl....he never had the talent that this team has....what a shame...
The Oline has been a convenient scapegoat but Kevin Zeitler doesn’t improve play calls, stupid penalties, Baker’s decisions, mechanics or the fact that Baker leaves clean pockets at an alarming rate.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login