OK SERIOUSLY
-
And that's just it, brotha. You really felt like we got our confidence back after the Ravens victory. A solid road win, a team effort, and a division victory to boot. And then the utter undressing at San Francisco, followed by yet another crushing loss that once again makes it appear like we're just not ready to play with the big boys.
I get it, I really do. Our team could've REALLY used a schedule set up differently. If we're back heavy, perhaps we get on a roll and build up our confidence to take out the baddies, but that's not what we got. We basically have the worst schedule set up ever, but guess what? Nobody cares. We have to win effing football games, and I don't understand why we make this shit so hard. Furthermore, trading away Duke Johnson has REALLY hurt us, AND hurt Baker.
Can this team get hot? Yeah, it can. Hell, you saw glimpses of a freaking elite team Sunday. We put together a complete game and we will beat the Patriots, no question. We haven't been able to do that all year, but perhaps it's time. You put a beating on the Patriots and your confidence comes BACK.
Our schedule got relatively front loaded, our Baltimore troll has yet to realize their schedule is back loaded with the good teams. And who making up the Browns schedule thought it was fair having us play a Monday night game against a 49ers team coming off a bye, and they have to fly from the West Coast on a short week to play a Seahawks team coming off of a long week?
Our schedule got relatively front loaded, our Baltimore troll has yet to realize their schedule is back loaded with the good teams. And who making up the Browns schedule thought it was fair having us play a Monday night game against a 49ers team coming off a bye, and they have to fly from the West Coast on a short week to play a Seahawks team coming off of a long week?
I know man...I know. It's just frustrating as hell and our team is desperate for ANY kind of break, and there's not one coming. Yeah we get some easier games, but if we're beaten down mentally (which we are), we're not going to win those games. The NFL is all about confidence, and once you start losing, well, let's just say we have a unique understanding of how THAT works. We needed this game, we didn't get it, and we're in deep shit now.
And you know what OBJ? How about you catch the effing ball. This guy, man....I'm so tired of his act. How about you get your damn hands up and catch the ball.
-
Maybe if you losers ever play a team over .500, you can come back and let me know how it worked out. I think we both know how it will end.
Are you crying? We both know The ShitStains will be looking up at the Ravens all season long. They're pathetic...always have been, always will be. And they have the most delusional fans ever...I love when you guys talk about how admired you all are as a fanbase, when really, you all are the joke of the league. How does it feel to be everyone's punchline?
Are you crying? We both know The ShitStains will be looking up at the Ravens all season long. They're pathetic...always have been, always will be. And they have the most delusional fans ever...I love when you guys talk about how admired you all are as a fanbase, when really, you all are the joke of the league. How does it feel to be everyone's punchline?
Don't you have to be at work cleaning shitters?
-
I thought that Browns played a hell of a game yesterday! They nearly beat the Seahawks AND the refs.
1- Landry scored that TD.
2- Landry did NOT crack back block that guy.
3- Myles Garrett did NOT horsecollar Wilson.
The Browns were the better team, the Seahawks were just more cheesy.
Don't Panic. Believe.
-
But you all hyped up your team so much...I thought you were the guys to beat...at least according to you bums. I told ya before, your glory day came when you had ONE decent game against us. Now you all ain't riding so high are ya's?? Lmao
But you all hyped up your team so much...I thought you were the guys to beat...at least according to you bums. I told ya before, your glory day came when you had ONE decent game against us. Now you all ain't riding so high are ya's?? Lmao
Decent game? Lol we bitch slapped you repeatedly. Your team and your town are garbage
-
The worst thing for me is not Mayfield regressing, I think he can turn the trend if he focuses only on football and works on his footwork and reading defenses.
For me the worst thing is that this team had a bad 3rd quarter against the Titans, a bad first half against the 49ers, a bad 2nd and 3rd quarter against the Seahawks and it didn't seem like it was going to make a comeback. They need to have things going for them and it reminds me Hue's team which always was a blocked punt, missed field goal or a turnover away from winning the game.
Everyone in the building has to keep quiet, put their heads down and work hard. It's a game of inches, you have to fight for every one of them and you can't give up when facing adversity. That's what good teams do.
-
Wow. Absolutely nothing reminds me of Hue's team.
Before Dorsey & Baker I NEVER thought we had a chance to win. From the opening whistle to game's end. 'Never'. It's a LOT different now.
But the talent level is light-years ahead than, say, Hue's 2016 team.
Give Freddie Hue's 2016 team and ask yourself if you think it would look a LOT different now.
-
Wow. Absolutely nothing reminds me of Hue's team.
Before Dorsey & Baker I NEVER thought we had a chance to win. From the opening whistle to game's end. 'Never'. It's a LOT different now.
This quote on why he was running hurry up and throwing (led to int and seahawks scoring) with less than 2 minutes to go in the half reminds me a lot of hue. Very defensive and can't believe anyone would question him. Just admit a mistake dude. Denying it like this makes it look like you won't learn from mistakes.
“I would not admit that (I mismanaged the clock),’ he said. “I would admit that we need to make a better play call, make a better throw, run a better route. I would admit all of that, but that is all. Every situation is different.”
He said he was trying to score, stop the Seahawks and scored again, otherwise, “Why am I saving the timeouts? I could burn them like a bunch of people do. Why am I saving the timeouts?”
-
Wow. Absolutely nothing reminds me of Hue's team.
Before Dorsey & Baker I NEVER thought we had a chance to win. From the opening whistle to game's end. 'Never'. It's a LOT different now.
This quote on why he was running hurry up and throwing (led to int and seahawks scoring) with less than 2 minutes to go in the half reminds me a lot of hue. Very defensive and can't believe anyone would question him. Just admit a mistake dude. Denying it like this makes it look like you won't learn from mistakes.
“I would not admit that (I mismanaged the clock),’ he said. “I would admit that we need to make a better play call, make a better throw, run a better route. I would admit all of that, but that is all. Every situation is different.”
He said he was trying to score, stop the Seahawks and scored again, otherwise, “Why am I saving the timeouts? I could burn them like a bunch of people do. Why am I saving the timeouts?”
This quote on why he was running hurry up and throwing (led to int and seahawks scoring) with less than 2 minutes to go in the half reminds me a lot of hue. Very defensive and can't believe anyone would question him. Just admit a mistake dude. Denying it like this makes it look like you won't learn from mistakes.
“I would not admit that (I mismanaged the clock),’ he said. “I would admit that we need to make a better play call, make a better throw, run a better route. I would admit all of that, but that is all. Every situation is different.”
He said he was trying to score, stop the Seahawks and scored again, otherwise, “Why am I saving the timeouts? I could burn them like a bunch of people do. Why am I saving the timeouts?”
If I was John Dorsey I would have serious doubts about the guy I hired as HC after hearing/reading this.
That is just a completely brain-dead statement by Freddie.
-
This quote on why he was running hurry up and throwing (led to int and seahawks scoring) with less than 2 minutes to go in the half reminds me a lot of hue. Very defensive and can't believe anyone would question him. Just admit a mistake dude. Denying it like this makes it look like you won't learn from mistakes.
“I would not admit that (I mismanaged the clock),’ he said. “I would admit that we need to make a better play call, make a better throw, run a better route. I would admit all of that, but that is all. Every situation is different.”
He said he was trying to score, stop the Seahawks and scored again, otherwise, “Why am I saving the timeouts? I could burn them like a bunch of people do. Why am I saving the timeouts?”
If I was John Dorsey I would have serious doubts about the guy I hired as HC after hearing/reading this.
That is just a completely brain-dead statement by Freddie.
If I was John Dorsey I would have serious doubts about the guy I hired as HC after hearing/reading this.
That is just a completely brain-dead statement by Freddie.
I legitimately couldn't believe it when I heard it. I was looking for an article to make sure I could actually get the quote right and heard it right I was so taken back by it.
-
Wow. Absolutely nothing reminds me of Hue's team.
Before Dorsey & Baker I NEVER thought we had a chance to win. From the opening whistle to game's end. 'Never'. It's a LOT different now.
This quote on why he was running hurry up and throwing (led to int and seahawks scoring) with less than 2 minutes to go in the half reminds me a lot of hue. Very defensive and can't believe anyone would question him. Just admit a mistake dude. Denying it like this makes it look like you won't learn from mistakes.
“I would not admit that (I mismanaged the clock),’ he said. “I would admit that we need to make a better play call, make a better throw, run a better route. I would admit all of that, but that is all. Every situation is different.”
He said he was trying to score, stop the Seahawks and scored again, otherwise, “Why am I saving the timeouts? I could burn them like a bunch of people do. Why am I saving the timeouts?”
-
If I was John Dorsey I would have serious doubts about the guy I hired as HC after hearing/reading this.
That is just a completely brain-dead statement by Freddie.
I legitimately couldn't believe it when I heard it. I was looking for an article to make sure I could actually get the quote right and heard it right I was so taken back by it.
-
-
-
It's not the "aggressive" decision. It's the mistake of the decision and not owning it that is very hue like.
Absolutely.
Freddie is doubling-down on his stupid decisions.
I'm coming more and more to the conclusion that Gregg Williams had way more to do with the Browns success post-Hue than most of us gave him credit for. The Browns under him last season were disciplined.
-
It's not the "aggressive" decision. It's the mistake of the decision and not owning it that is very hue like.
If I made the decision that he made, I would not say that it was a mistake either. It was a plan. The player throwing the INT made the mistake.
Let's score then get some more! I don't have a problem with it.
-
It's not the "aggressive" decision. It's the mistake of the decision and not owning it that is very hue like.
If I made the decision that he made, I would not say that it was a mistake either. It was a plan. The player throwing the INT made the mistake.
Let's score then get some more! I don't have a problem with it.
If I made the decision that he made, I would not say that it was a mistake either. It was a plan. The player throwing the INT made the mistake.
Let's score then get some more! I don't have a problem with it.
If the Browns kicked a field goal at that point, the score would have been 23-12 Browns. A touchdown there would have made it 27-12.
But you are saying that you would have preferred to score either with, say 1:50 left on the clock and give the ball to the hottest QB in the NFL and take your chances of forcing a 3 and out, using all your timeouts, and trying to score with less than a minute than to just use as much time as possible, giving the Seahawks little to no chance to scoring, and going to the half up 23-12 or 27-12?
Really?
-
If I made the decision that he made, I would not say that it was a mistake either. It was a plan. The player throwing the INT made the mistake.
Let's score then get some more! I don't have a problem with it.
If the Browns kicked a field goal at that point, the score would have been 23-12 Browns. A touchdown there would have made it 27-12.
But you are saying that you would have preferred to score either with, say 1:50 left on the clock and give the ball to the hottest QB in the NFL and take your chances of forcing a 3 and out, using all your timeouts, and trying to score with less than a minute than to just use as much time as possible, giving the Seahawks little to no chance to scoring, and going to the half up 23-12 or 27-12?
Really?
Really?
I'm saying that it was a plan. An aggressive plan. You play to win the game. I hate playing not to lose.
He played to try and get 7 points....and then maybe another 3. I don't have a big problem with it. HOWEVER, I didn't like him going for it on 4th and 9 a while back.
-
If I made the decision that he made, I would not say that it was a mistake either. It was a plan. The player throwing the INT made the mistake.
Let's score then get some more! I don't have a problem with it.
If the Browns kicked a field goal at that point, the score would have been 23-12 Browns. A touchdown there would have made it 27-12.
But you are saying that you would have preferred to score either with, say 1:50 left on the clock and give the ball to the hottest QB in the NFL and take your chances of forcing a 3 and out, using all your timeouts, and trying to score with less than a minute than to just use as much time as possible, giving the Seahawks little to no chance to scoring, and going to the half up 23-12 or 27-12?
Really?
If the Browns kicked a field goal at that point, the score would have been 23-12 Browns. A touchdown there would have made it 27-12.
But you are saying that you would have preferred to score either with, say 1:50 left on the clock and give the ball to the hottest QB in the NFL and take your chances of forcing a 3 and out, using all your timeouts, and trying to score with less than a minute than to just use as much time as possible, giving the Seahawks little to no chance to scoring, and going to the half up 23-12 or 27-12?
Really?
In hindsight it wasn't a good plan because it didn't work.
But really, in the moment, they had them on the ropes... they went for the knockout punch and got caught.
Keep swinging. They remember the homeruns, not the strikeouts. We're about to find out what this team is made of.
- and I checked the penalties, I see what you were saying. The Seahawks had more penalties than we did, which I didn't realize... I think it's the context of the penalties and not the amount that mattered however. Like the horsecollar on Garrett- automatic 1st down. Phantom crackback block by Landry- negates a good gain and puts us in a massive hole... those types of penalties are drive killers and game changers, not the ticky-tack 5 yard penalties to make it look even on the stat line.
-
If that's a plan, it's a stupid one. Every good coach in the league, when close to the 2 minute mark on a good drive, will use up all the clock possible, even forcing the other team to use its timeouts.
And you have to take shots in dire situations. This team can't handle big score differences, so if you have to take 3 points take them. Mostly if it's in fourth and long.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login