Skip to content

Browns interest in Skins OT, Trent Williams

The Browns Board
102 32 5.0k 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #3
  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Who would get replaced? Hubbard or Robinson? I vote Robinson.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Interesting & if true, timing early in the Bye Week couldn't be better. We can only hope.

    Mike

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #6

    He is a left tackle. I guess Robinson moves to RT. Hubbard has been struggling - was in a walking boot week 4, I think - for an ankle injury that didn't keep him out of the games....

    I think this is a very good analysis:

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/9/11/20860131/is-the-cleveland-browns-offensive-line-a-mess

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Trent would play left.  Robinson is a road grader, move him right.  

    Hope its at the right price otherwise you're talking about an aging tackle with injury history looking for a large payday.

  • Trent would play left.  Robinson is a road grader, move him right.  

    Hope its at the right price otherwise you're talking about an aging tackle with injury history looking for a large payday.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @tiamat63 said:

    Trent would play left.  Robinson is a road grader, move him right.  

    Hope its at the right price otherwise you're talking about an aging tackle with injury history looking for a large payday.

    Also.....one who hasnt played since last year....including no camp, no preseason, etc......He's gotta come cheap to be worth it.....and we shouldnt expect too much too soon.....

    If we get him and he can play, then I wonder if Hubbard can move inside to shore up RG?

  • Trent would play left.  Robinson is a road grader, move him right.  

    Hope its at the right price otherwise you're talking about an aging tackle with injury history looking for a large payday.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @tiamat63 said:

    Trent would play left.  Robinson is a road grader, move him right.  

    Hope its at the right price otherwise you're talking about an aging tackle with injury history looking for a large payday.

    While l respect your opinion, l been keying in on the OL play and l don’t like Robinson. I would much rather keep Hubbard over him. I feel like Robinson is a reactionary tentative type of guy. At least Hubbard shows tenacity and effort. While the results are comparable betwixt the two, l feel like l’ve seen enough of Robinson, and moving him clear across the line is just going to create an excuse for him to not be the player we all want to will him to be.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #10

    So... how does the tackle class look for the 2020 NFL Draft? 😉

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #11

    This season: Robinson 67.8, Hubbard 52.2. 

    I'd say due to our injury issues already on OL, keep them both for the rest of this season.  Conveniently both of their contracts are up, so I'd also bet neither of them will be back in 2020.

    Andrew Thomas UGA would look good in brown, if for no other reason than to continue the Thomas tradition. Other first-rounders could be Trey Adams, Walter Little, Tristan Wirfs, Sam Cosmi, Mekhi Becton, and Trey Smith.

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #12
    Les Carpenter@Lescarpenter
    Redskins officials emphatically insist that the Trent Williams to Cleveland rumors are not true.
  • Les Carpenter@Lescarpenter
    Redskins officials emphatically insist that the Trent Williams to Cleveland rumors are not true.
    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #13
  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @nero said:

    Therefore they are. 

    Haha

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #15

    What would be given up? Avery? Picks?

    Is that why he’s stashed?

  • What would be given up? Avery? Picks?

    Is that why he’s stashed?

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    What would be given up? Avery? Picks?

    Is that why he’s stashed?

    believe i mentioned that before keep him healthy for a possible o lineman trade 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Trent would play left.  Robinson is a road grader, move him right.  

    Hope its at the right price otherwise you're talking about an aging tackle with injury history looking for a large payday.

    Also.....one who hasnt played since last year....including no camp, no preseason, etc......He's gotta come cheap to be worth it.....and we shouldnt expect too much too soon.....

    If we get him and he can play, then I wonder if Hubbard can move inside to shore up RG?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    This has the feel of a solution looking for a problem.

    @mudfly said:

    Also.....one who hasnt played since last year....including no camp, no preseason, etc......He's gotta come cheap to be worth it.....and we shouldnt expect too much too soon.....

    If we get him and he can play, then I wonder if Hubbard can move inside to shore up RG?

    I was thinking RG would be Robinson's landing spot...

    ... but I sure don't think the price has fallen much.

    @dutch-oven said:

    So... how does the tackle class look for the 2020 NFL Draft? 😉

    Of Seniors like maybe one can't miss and a few very promising.

    Underclass will add to both totals.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Trent would play left.  Robinson is a road grader, move him right.  

    Hope its at the right price otherwise you're talking about an aging tackle with injury history looking for a large payday.

    Also.....one who hasnt played since last year....including no camp, no preseason, etc......He's gotta come cheap to be worth it.....and we shouldnt expect too much too soon.....

    If we get him and he can play, then I wonder if Hubbard can move inside to shore up RG?

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mudfly said:

    Also.....one who hasnt played since last year....including no camp, no preseason, etc......He's gotta come cheap to be worth it.....and we shouldnt expect too much too soon.....

    If we get him and he can play, then I wonder if Hubbard can move inside to shore up RG?

    Not a chance he comes cheap 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Trent would play left.  Robinson is a road grader, move him right.  

    Hope its at the right price otherwise you're talking about an aging tackle with injury history looking for a large payday.

    While l respect your opinion, l been keying in on the OL play and l don’t like Robinson. I would much rather keep Hubbard over him. I feel like Robinson is a reactionary tentative type of guy. At least Hubbard shows tenacity and effort. While the results are comparable betwixt the two, l feel like l’ve seen enough of Robinson, and moving him clear across the line is just going to create an excuse for him to not be the player we all want to will him to be.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #19

    @ibleedbrown said:

    While l respect your opinion, l been keying in on the OL play and l don’t like Robinson. I would much rather keep Hubbard over him. I feel like Robinson is a reactionary tentative type of guy. At least Hubbard shows tenacity and effort. While the results are comparable betwixt the two, l feel like l’ve seen enough of Robinson, and moving him clear across the line is just going to create an excuse for him to not be the player we all want to will him to be.

    Hubbard outgrades Robinson in pass pro but running to Hubbard's side usually involves Chubb doing work and/or pulls. Which draws my ire. Conversely we usually need chip help Cam's side.  Being that I've been screaming for more play action, you know I favor the hogs that can move the LOS.  But not out of the realm of possibility to see how Robinson fares at a guard spot though.  Bet he run blocks better than Kush. 

    Edit: looks like Tour beat me to the suggestion.

  • @mudfly said:

    Also.....one who hasnt played since last year....including no camp, no preseason, etc......He's gotta come cheap to be worth it.....and we shouldnt expect too much too soon.....

    If we get him and he can play, then I wonder if Hubbard can move inside to shore up RG?

    Not a chance he comes cheap 

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @jcam222 said:

    Not a chance he comes cheap 

    did the price go down ? or is Dorsey just willing to give them what they want ? cause i would think a high pick and a player and by high i mean are first 

  • This has the feel of a solution looking for a problem.

    @mudfly said:

    Also.....one who hasnt played since last year....including no camp, no preseason, etc......He's gotta come cheap to be worth it.....and we shouldnt expect too much too soon.....

    If we get him and he can play, then I wonder if Hubbard can move inside to shore up RG?

    I was thinking RG would be Robinson's landing spot...

    ... but I sure don't think the price has fallen much.

    @dutch-oven said:

    So... how does the tackle class look for the 2020 NFL Draft? 😉

    Of Seniors like maybe one can't miss and a few very promising.

    Underclass will add to both totals.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @tour2ma said:

    This has the feel of a solution looking for a problem.

    I was thinking RG would be Robinson's landing spot

    agree on Robbie to RG for now..but why d hell would the skins not demand Robbie as part of the deal to fill either of their tackle positions? Donald Penn is like 35 going on age 40

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    While l respect your opinion, l been keying in on the OL play and l don’t like Robinson. I would much rather keep Hubbard over him. I feel like Robinson is a reactionary tentative type of guy. At least Hubbard shows tenacity and effort. While the results are comparable betwixt the two, l feel like l’ve seen enough of Robinson, and moving him clear across the line is just going to create an excuse for him to not be the player we all want to will him to be.

    Hubbard outgrades Robinson in pass pro but running to Hubbard's side usually involves Chubb doing work and/or pulls. Which draws my ire. Conversely we usually need chip help Cam's side.  Being that I've been screaming for more play action, you know I favor the hogs that can move the LOS.  But not out of the realm of possibility to see how Robinson fares at a guard spot though.  Bet he run blocks better than Kush. 

    Edit: looks like Tour beat me to the suggestion.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tiamat63 said:

    Edit: looks like Tour beat me to the suggestion.

    Hah!

    And that's with a broken leg!