Oline Analysis: the Seahawks game
-
-
I agree...
I wouldn't mind TE and DT being a priority too.
On a side, I never understand why the media gives over-glowing comments on Njoke as being so super talented. What has he ever done to constantly being described as such a great player? I mean, when healthy he isn't a bad player, but I don't get why so many refer to him as "super talented." He had 4 TDs all season last year. That's not exactly earth-shattering. So far he is way more potential than he is production. And after a few years of being more potential than production...well.............
-
And that’s it for the first half, whew. A few notes. Pharoah Brown really popped for me this game. I’d look for him to start taking snaps away from Harris as l think he can do anything Harris does but maybe better. Robinson continues to strike me as the guy to be replaced on the line. I would very much like to see an upgrade at LT next year.
Man, well done. You put a lot of effort into this and I love it!
OK, so you're mostly right about Robinson, but the problem is that RT's don't grow on trees. Robinson isn't a worst LT in the league, but he's also far from the best. So anyone you try to replace him with is probably not going to be better. The one thing I'll say is that we can replace him with someone else who isn't as good IF the new person doesn't get the PENALTIES. That's what is killing Greg Robinson, and our coaching staff really was livid after that last Seattle holding call that essentially lost the game.
We're NOT going to get Trent Williams, we just can't. Why? MONEY. We have to pay a BUNCH of people, and we have to do it right now. Schobert, Tretter, Garrett, Mayfield, etc. That's a ton of cash, and if you add a premier LT salary into the mix, things get dicey.
I just re-watched the game, and Robinson appeared to be pretty decent. Not perfect, but he certainly wasn't whipped or anything. I'm curious, do you know where to get some grading scores? I'd be curious to see how he did via technical scoring.
Man, well done. You put a lot of effort into this and I love it!
OK, so you're mostly right about Robinson, but the problem is that RT's don't grow on trees. Robinson isn't a worst LT in the league, but he's also far from the best. So anyone you try to replace him with is probably not going to be better. The one thing I'll say is that we can replace him with someone else who isn't as good IF the new person doesn't get the PENALTIES. That's what is killing Greg Robinson, and our coaching staff really was livid after that last Seattle holding call that essentially lost the game.
I just re-watched the game, and Robinson appeared to be pretty decent. Not perfect, but he certainly wasn't whipped or anything. I'm curious, do you know where to get some grading scores? I'd be curious to see how he did via technical scoring.
I keep seeing Robinson “grades” better than Hubbard, and both guys have their fair share of issues. The article you posted seems to sum up my thoughts on Robinson: he’s inconsistent. At times l simply don’t like his level of effort and l see Hubbard as a guy who at least puts forth the effort on a consistent basis even if the results aren’t great.
-
And that’s it for the first half, whew. A few notes.
lol... this kind of depth is a labor of love, isn't it?
... but the understanding you gain plus the "other" stuff you see can make it worthwhile.
Nice job...
lol... this kind of depth is a labor of love, isn't it?
... but the understanding you gain plus the "other" stuff you see can make it worthwhile.
Nice job...
Indeed, haha! Thanks, and l can’t believe you used to break down the whole game. I’m pretty much outta steam after a half, haha.
-
I agree...
I wouldn't mind TE and DT being a priority too.
On a side, I never understand why the media gives over-glowing comments on Njoke as being so super talented. What has he ever done to constantly being described as such a great player? I mean, when healthy he isn't a bad player, but I don't get why so many refer to him as "super talented." He had 4 TDs all season last year. That's not exactly earth-shattering. So far he is way more potential than he is production. And after a few years of being more potential than production...well.............
On a side, I never understand why the media gives over-glowing comments on Njoke as being so super talented. What has he ever done to constantly being described as such a great player? I mean, when healthy he isn't a bad player, but I don't get why so many refer to him as "super talented." He had 4 TDs all season last year. That's not exactly earth-shattering. So far he is way more potential than he is production. And after a few years of being more potential than production...well.............
He's our best redzone threat.
Notice that we've gone away from those fades on the perimeter without him being in? That meant a great deal to Baker.
edit:
Well done on these threads. I enjoyed the read and the attempts at creating a grading system. That type of effort is always appreciated.
-
On a side, I never understand why the media gives over-glowing comments on Njoke as being so super talented. What has he ever done to constantly being described as such a great player? I mean, when healthy he isn't a bad player, but I don't get why so many refer to him as "super talented." He had 4 TDs all season last year. That's not exactly earth-shattering. So far he is way more potential than he is production. And after a few years of being more potential than production...well.............
He's our best redzone threat.
Notice that we've gone away from those fades on the perimeter without him being in? That meant a great deal to Baker.
edit:
Well done on these threads. I enjoyed the read and the attempts at creating a grading system. That type of effort is always appreciated.
He's our best redzone threat.
Notice that we've gone away from those fades on the perimeter without him being in? That meant a great deal to Baker.
edit:
Well done on these threads. I enjoyed the read and the attempts at creating a grading system. That type of effort is always appreciated.
Their best redzone threat only got 4 TDs in a season?
-
He's our best redzone threat.
Notice that we've gone away from those fades on the perimeter without him being in? That meant a great deal to Baker.
edit:
Well done on these threads. I enjoyed the read and the attempts at creating a grading system. That type of effort is always appreciated.
Their best redzone threat only got 4 TDs in a season?
-
He's our best redzone threat.
Notice that we've gone away from those fades on the perimeter without him being in? That meant a great deal to Baker.
edit:
Well done on these threads. I enjoyed the read and the attempts at creating a grading system. That type of effort is always appreciated.
Their best redzone threat only got 4 TDs in a season?
-
I really think Oline and LB should be the focus of next draft!
Top OLs from drafttek https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-College-Offensive-Tackles-2020-NFL-Draft.asp
And Top ILBs you can find off that link.
CBS only gives OL classification, but you can figure out which are OTs. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/offensive-linemen
LBs the same. You have to figure out if they are OLB or ILB from that link.
EDIT: BTW Michael Divinity from LSU is one of my favorites. Like White last year, you know when he hits you. In fact I watched him separate ball from RB today in S. Carolina with one of those jaw rattling hits. He's a load.
-
But, correct me if I am wrong about the LBs....they are barely using either Avery or Takitaki, aren't they? Shouldn't we see what they got?
Yeah... I'm waiting to see what happens during the 2nd half of the season.. And like Dutch said.. I agree DT and TE could be a priority,,, but .. Lets get the trenches fixed quick!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login