Skip to content

***Browns @ Broncos Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
281 46 6.8k 2
  • Zombo said:

    Wow, you took this time change seriously!

    Nero let us down last week, so we'll give The Bot another chance.

    Z

    Sorry to the Bot but (must have gotten his feelings hurt) - the "official" time change doesn't happen until 2AM. As an astronomer, trust me- I know these things. I already set my clocks back- and it's not even midnight yet EST.  🙂   Deserves a warning at least. 

    Merge Nero with our interloper.  🙂  

    @hoorta said:

    Sorry to the Bot but (must have gotten his feelings hurt) - the "official" time change doesn't happen until 2AM. As an astronomer, trust me- I know these things. I already set my clocks back- and it's not even midnight yet EST.  🙂   Deserves a warning at least. 

    Merge Nero with our interloper.  🙂  

    No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

    Go Browns! 

  • I hope we manage to pull this one out big time

    3612F037-A5AB-4625-9506-078453631E63.jpeg

  • Normally the Broncos are my favorite team. The Browns game is the only exception. Two in a row in Denver!!?

  • Ok robot..... you can’t make these threads if you can’t get our record correct. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Sorry to the Bot but (must have gotten his feelings hurt) - the "official" time change doesn't happen until 2AM. As an astronomer, trust me- I know these things. I already set my clocks back- and it's not even midnight yet EST.  🙂   Deserves a warning at least. 

    Merge Nero with our interloper.  🙂  

    No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

    Go Browns! 

    @nero said:

    No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

    Go Browns! 

    Whooooooa....wedding drunk is a whole new level. God speed my friend. ?

  • A loss today will get the Fire Freddy thread rolling big time 

  • Just watched the Houston Browns, err...Texans march down the field and score a touchdown. Steady dose of Duke, Hyde, and Fells to polish it off. They even did our fake jet sweep inside handoff to Hopkins, and it worked. Their offense on that drive highly resembled our offense when we have Chubb rocking, but do you know what the one difference was? Well, other than them actually scoring, the difference was no penalties. 

    You can run the ball well, run it halfway down the field, but if you get ONE holding penalty, or even a false start, it totally changes that drive. How many times have we run the ball well, get a penalty, and then a promising drive goes to shit because we've got 2nd and 15 and everyone knows we have to pass? The penalties completely take away an offense's ability to remain balanced and mysterious, and even though you may do a play-action fake on 3rd and 11, who is taking the bait? 

    Man, I totally hope our penalties are kept in check today. If we can truly run the ball effectively without hurting ourselves, we can start to see the offense we all have been waiting for. 

    Don't be surprised if we go play-action bomb on our first play of the game, similar to the Panthers victory from last year. I think everyone is tired of all the talk about our ineptitude, and we're going to try and make a statement. 

  • A loss today will get the Fire Freddy thread rolling big time 

    @7moses7 said:

    A loss today will get the Fire Freddy thread rolling big time 

    Way to find that silver lining...

  • A loss today will get the Fire Freddy thread rolling big time 

    @7moses7 said:

    A loss today will get the Fire Freddy thread rolling big time 

    it's not a topic without a canidate list.(were the masters at this).plus, Every team in our division waits on our schedule & were plus +1. Freddie can also get his team & himself out of this by seasons end. The Same way Freddie got the job in the first place. Fans posting opinions won't fire Freddie.. let it play out & ignore the haters topics. Were not out of anything & nor is Freddie. and it was You that started the topic..your also the owner of it's delete button ? 

  • I hope Baker Mayfield comes out and plays like Deshawn Watson today. Jesus, he looks like the love child of Randall Cunningham and Joe Montana. Cmon Baker, you got this. 

    It's funny, I just saw Hopkins make a contested seam catch that got them to the 1 yard line, and instantly I thought, "Man, I really wish WE had someone like that." And then it hit me...we have OBJ, but it doesn't really FEEL like it matters, does it? It doesn't feel like we have a badass WR. I literally forgot (for a nanosecond) that we even have him on the team because his impact doesn't materialize on the stat sheet, or just watching the game. That shit needs to change TODAY. I don't care if we have to use the freaking WildDawg with him, force feed him slants, reverses, options, or Baker Mayfield doing the moonwalk while spinning around and kicking his leg out after grabbing his crotch and saying, "HEE-HEEEEEE!" before tossing OBJ the rock Michael Jackson style. Make...it...freakin... happen.

  • 2018 Baker and Freddie.  Cut the weekly stupidity just in half and I think we got this one 28-16 Browns 

  • I hope Baker Mayfield comes out and plays like Deshawn Watson today. Jesus, he looks like the love child of Randall Cunningham and Joe Montana. Cmon Baker, you got this. 

    It's funny, I just saw Hopkins make a contested seam catch that got them to the 1 yard line, and instantly I thought, "Man, I really wish WE had someone like that." And then it hit me...we have OBJ, but it doesn't really FEEL like it matters, does it? It doesn't feel like we have a badass WR. I literally forgot (for a nanosecond) that we even have him on the team because his impact doesn't materialize on the stat sheet, or just watching the game. That shit needs to change TODAY. I don't care if we have to use the freaking WildDawg with him, force feed him slants, reverses, options, or Baker Mayfield doing the moonwalk while spinning around and kicking his leg out after grabbing his crotch and saying, "HEE-HEEEEEE!" before tossing OBJ the rock Michael Jackson style. Make...it...freakin... happen.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I hope Baker Mayfield comes out and plays like Deshawn Watson today. Jesus, he looks like the love child of Randall Cunningham and Joe Montana. Cmon Baker, you got this. 

    It's funny, I just saw Hopkins make a contested seam catch that got them to the 1 yard line, and instantly I thought, "Man, I really wish WE had someone like that." And then it hit me...we have OBJ, but it doesn't really FEEL like it matters, does it? It doesn't feel like we have a badass WR. I literally forgot (for a nanosecond) that we even have him on the team because his impact doesn't materialize on the stat sheet, or just watching the game. That shit needs to change TODAY. I don't care if we have to use the freaking WildDawg with him, force feed him slants, reverses, options, or Baker Mayfield doing the moonwalk while spinning around and kicking his leg out after grabbing his crotch and saying, "HEE-HEEEEEE!" before tossing OBJ the rock Michael Jackson style. Make...it...freakin... happen.

    It’s because That pass goes to Harris or Callaway for some reason.  OBJ is right to an extent get him the ball in those situations. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Sorry to the Bot but (must have gotten his feelings hurt) - the "official" time change doesn't happen until 2AM. As an astronomer, trust me- I know these things. I already set my clocks back- and it's not even midnight yet EST.  🙂   Deserves a warning at least. 

    Merge Nero with our interloper.  🙂  

    No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

    Go Browns! 

    @nero said:

    No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

    Go Browns! 

    I had one of those too.....just last night.  Went to a wedding....reception.   And still I did not get out of bed this morning until 10:30 AM...and that was AFTER the time change.  In other words it would have been 11:30 otherwise. 

  • Lets GO!!! Discipline football. Please..

  • The Donks are ranked defensively 4th against the pass and 19th against the run.

    If I were the HC of the Browns, I would give them a heavy dose of Nick Chubb.

    Which means Freddy will do the opposite. 

  • Word on the street sez
    Browns 24

    ponys 17

    C353FD85-A4FD-4722-A5CF-1DD63602FA93.gif

  • @hoorta said:

    Sorry to the Bot but (must have gotten his feelings hurt) - the "official" time change doesn't happen until 2AM. As an astronomer, trust me- I know these things. I already set my clocks back- and it's not even midnight yet EST.  🙂   Deserves a warning at least. 

    Merge Nero with our interloper.  🙂  

    Larry I had no idea you are an Astronomer... But I always got the sense you knew "what time it is".. No pun meant... But I have had a keen interest in Astronomy and other things since I was a young kid.. While other kids were at the Arcade playing Pac-Man.. I was at home , reading books by Carl Sagan ( I owned almost his complete library , at one time) , And was an avid watcher of COSMOS.. I like Neil DeGrasse Tysons spin on it too..

    @nickers said:

    Larry I had no idea you are an Astronomer... But I always got the sense you knew "what time it is".. No pun meant... But I have had a keen interest in Astronomy and other things since I was a young kid.. While other kids were at the Arcade playing Pac-Man.. I was at home , reading books by Carl Sagan ( I owned almost his complete library , at one time) , And was an avid watcher of COSMOS.. I like Neil DeGrasse Tysons spin on it too..

    O.T, but a little background on myself....  

    LOL, all astronomy time is UT, or GMT. Whatever time it is in Greenwich England.  I got interested in astronomy way back in 1956 with one of the very close approaches of Mars- happens about every 17 years or so. After that, read everything I could about astronomy. My second grade teacher was so impressed what I knew she took me up to the eighth graders to try and stump the little kid. They failed. Used to be able to recite the names of all the known moons of the solar system- but with vastly improved imaging, they've discovered dozens more since.  For a long time I thought I wanted to be a professional astronomer- until I figured out what they were researching at the time didn't appeal to me. Plus to get your Doctorate- only way to go- you have to be pretty crack in physics and math- two of my weaker subjects.  The stuff they're doing now looking for exoplanets would have been considered Buck Rodgers 50 years ago. Guys currently are doing astrophotograpy in their back yards that matches anything the pros were with the Palomar telescope back in the 50s.  

    I still belong to our local Astronomy club. One of my bucket list items is to spend a night in Hawaii on the top of Mauna Kea. Besides knocking off  another state high point- it's also one of the primo observing sites on the planet. LOL, bring winter clothes. To get permission, you have to ask the University of Hawaii's Astronomy department first, so they know you're not just some ordinary bozo. One of our lecturers said you can actually see more stars at the junior observatory at the 10,000' level, until you fully acclimate to the altitude. 

    And speaking of seeing stars- it's one of the real tragedies in my opinion that due to ever increasing light pollution, a lot of people living in big cities have never seen a really dark sky. God told Abraham- "look up in the sky, and count the stars if you can". OK God- Dayton 2019, 2-4- 8-12. Some nights even less. When I first got my house back in 1979, on a really good night I could faintly see the Milky Way from my back yard. Those days are long gone. Speaking of that- one of the finest nights ever was on a backpacking trip in the Bridger Wilderness about  80 miles southeast of Yellowstone at 10,000' elevation. I'll never forget my big city pal mentioning to me- "you know, it would be a really nice night- except for that big cloud going across the sky".  "Um Mike, that's not a cloud- it's the Milky Way".  😁 

  • @hoorta said:

    Sorry to the Bot but (must have gotten his feelings hurt) - the "official" time change doesn't happen until 2AM. As an astronomer, trust me- I know these things. I already set my clocks back- and it's not even midnight yet EST.  🙂   Deserves a warning at least. 

    Merge Nero with our interloper.  🙂  

    No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

    Go Browns! 

    @nero said:

    No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

    Go Browns! 

    1wL.gif    Tfyo.gif          

    You have 2 hours to get up.

     get dressed, 

    get some food

    and in your reserved Tavern seat..

    make it happen

    We all win!!       

  • @nero said:

    No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

    Go Browns! 

    1wL.gif    Tfyo.gif          

    You have 2 hours to get up.

     get dressed, 

    get some food

    and in your reserved Tavern seat..

    make it happen

    We all win!!       

    @gumby73 said:

    You have 2 hours to get up.

     get dressed, 

    get some food

    and in your reserved Tavern seat..

    make it happen

    We all win!!       

    It's rare that I make the Tavern. Too into the game to post about it. Heading out to Elsa's Mexican restaurant with the guys to have some food and Margaritas. 

  • @nero said:

    No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

    Go Browns! 

    1wL.gif    Tfyo.gif          

    You have 2 hours to get up.

     get dressed, 

    get some food

    and in your reserved Tavern seat..

    make it happen

    We all win!!       

    @gumby73 said:

    1wL.gif    Tfyo.gif          

    You have 2 hours to get up.

     get dressed, 

    get some food

    and in your reserved Tavern seat..

    make it happen

    We all win!!       

    I've slept 6 hours, I'm actually getting some work done before gametime, might work during game breaks too.